Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 100  All

Author Topic: M121: Philosophers Mafia Mafia (Game Over, Perfect Mafia Victory!)  (Read 298638 times)

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
Re: M121: Philosophers Mafia Mafia (Day 4)
« Reply #2400 on: February 25, 2019, 10:49:39 am »

The way this game has unfolded I think it requires great skill so I’m up for lynching one of SS, EFHW, or Faust.

Maybe the team is Debate, ari, Eddie!

It isn't. It includes faust. You're all just falling for his BS. The town!faust theory has so little evidence behind it.

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: February 25, 2019, 10:52:59 am »

Eddie, thoughts?

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: February 25, 2019, 10:53:03 am »

I guess we're waiting to hear from faust then? Unless Ari wants to come back to the light?
Mh, I really don't think ari and Debate are scum together. In what possible world do two newbie scums tunnel a third newbie for basically all of D1?
That kind of reasoning gets us in trouble. Who knows what newbies would do? They're new!
Well by that reasoning noone would ever be able to have any sort of read on a newbie.

Which is kinda true, honestly.
They are harder to get a read on, that much is true. But I've found wagon analysis to be a useful tool for that because it really does not depend that much on personal playstyle.

I've been on every lunch this game, does that make me scum?
No, and that is not how I do wagon analysis.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: February 25, 2019, 11:01:50 am »

And I don't think we can afford to play games like trying to lynch scum's PR. We should lynch whatever player has the highest chance of flipping scum, and that is silver by a mile.

If you are in fact town, then I'll come back to this next time you express a confident and incorrect scum read on me. You did the same thing just last game.
Last game would be M120, the one where I correctly called you out as a PR in D1?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: February 25, 2019, 11:07:33 am »

You said that you suspected me to be a PR after I flipped, and you did push my lynch while I was alive and town.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: February 25, 2019, 11:23:45 am »

You said that you suspected me to be a PR after I flipped, and you did push my lynch while I was alive and town.
Dude you can read the Mason QT where this is explicitly written with a D1 timestamp.

Debatepro

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Debatepr0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: February 25, 2019, 11:33:37 am »

Naw, you two cool.  I'm pretty sure it's you, me, EFHW, and faust.  I'm pretty sure they're (Ari and silver) protecting Debate (notice how he's getting about as much suspicion as me and EFHW?) so I think that means he's got the PR, or at least the one they want to protect the most.  Which is why I'd prefer his lynch today.  You game?

Do scum!teams typically this boldly defend/protection technique?
FNG

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: February 25, 2019, 11:37:21 am »

Naw, you two cool.  I'm pretty sure it's you, me, EFHW, and faust.  I'm pretty sure they're (Ari and silver) protecting Debate (notice how he's getting about as much suspicion as me and EFHW?) so I think that means he's got the PR, or at least the one they want to protect the most.  Which is why I'd prefer his lynch today.  You game?

They do not. faust has been known to do it occasionally to great success precisely because it is unusual.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: February 25, 2019, 11:46:32 am »

But it hasn't been bold, that's the thing. It's been subtle, nobody's really come out (today) and proclaimed your town status, but nobody has really cast any suspicion on you either.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: February 25, 2019, 11:59:45 am »

Debate, pretend for a second I just reread some stuff and maybe I'm questioning my logic. Can you give me your top three lunch candidates? I have asked this earlier and you deftly avoided that question.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: February 25, 2019, 12:02:02 pm »

I guess we're waiting to hear from faust then? Unless Ari wants to come back to the light?
Mh, I really don't think ari and Debate are scum together. In what possible world do two newbie scums tunnel a third newbie for basically all of D1?
That kind of reasoning gets us in trouble. Who knows what newbies would do? They're new!
Well by that reasoning noone would ever be able to have any sort of read on a newbie.
We are having a difficult time reading this particular crop of newbies. But I'm objecting to the idea of "newbies would never ..."

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: February 25, 2019, 12:06:51 pm »

The way this game has unfolded I think it requires great skill so I’m up for lynching one of SS, EFHW, or Faust.

It isn't. It includes faust. You're all just falling for his BS. The town!faust theory has so little evidence behind it.
I don't have time to go through the thread right now, but faust has taken a number of risks. Doesn't confirm him as town, but makes him look on the townier side.

Debatepro

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #2412 on: February 25, 2019, 12:16:35 pm »

Debate, pretend for a second I just reread some stuff and maybe I'm questioning my logic. Can you give me your top three lunch candidates? I have asked this earlier and you deftly avoided that question.

If you put a gun to my head, id say faust-efhw-ari. I just don't really don't feel super confident about it. I'm more convinced by well thought out and detailed cases for or against people, and I'm not seeing anyone doing that.

I find faust/efhw interactions interesting. Couple items stick out in my mind.

Told you.
Yes you did.
So maybe we should go with Debatepro at this point. Train wreck is right.

Faust is also the one who said silver gets no town cred for being off vote or wagon on MiX and DS. So being right about a town isn't alignment indicative.

@EFHW what do you think of faust’s pseudo-case in #1952? I say pseudo-case not out of disrespect but just that it didn’t over sell what he thinks.
He's being fair. I didn't say anything early about Eddie because I didn't want to be asked why. I planned to say it near the deadline. I guess he would have made a different choice. I wouldn't vote me based on that, and he isn't either, so far.

He makes a pseudo-case she has a pseudo-response.
FNG

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: February 25, 2019, 12:19:22 pm »

I don't have time to go through the thread right now, but faust has taken a number of risks. Doesn't confirm him as town, but makes him look on the townier side.

I'll chime in! If he was pushing mail-mi because he knew he was the cop then he knew I'd been investigated so by pushing me to vote mail-mi he risked exposing the cop and this creating three ICs that day. He did something yesterday that I can't remember right now but I remember thinking it wasn't something scum would do. That second argument is really compelling, I know.

Debatepro

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: February 25, 2019, 12:25:28 pm »

I'll chime in! If he was pushing mail-mi because he knew he was the cop then he knew I'd been investigated so by pushing me to vote mail-mi he risked exposing the cop and this creating three ICs that day. He did something yesterday that I can't remember right now but I remember thinking it wasn't something scum would do. That second argument is really compelling, I know.

He said he didn't know mail-mi breadcumbed his role, action, and result. If we don't believe him we should vote for him.
FNG

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2415 on: February 25, 2019, 12:27:59 pm »

Faust is also the one who said silver gets no town cred for being off vote or wagon on MiX and DS. So being right about a town isn't alignment indicative.
Context matters.

He makes a pseudo-case she has a pseudo-response.
This is such bullshit. It was never supposed to be a case. You asked my thoughts about EFHW and I presented them.

I have to say I'm feeling Debatepro a bit more again. You'd think that if he was town, then me refusing to take raerae up on her lynch proposal would make him think twice about my being scum.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2416 on: February 25, 2019, 12:30:55 pm »

He said he didn't know mail-mi breadcumbed his role, action, and result. If we don't believe him we should vote for him.

As scum he doesn't miss that. As scum he stops pushing and just NKs him. We've had this conversation, my opinion have changed on the matter.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2417 on: February 25, 2019, 12:31:46 pm »

As scum he doesn't miss that. As scum he stops pushing and just NKs him. We've had this conversation, my opinion have changed on the matter.

*Hasn't changed

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: February 25, 2019, 12:44:38 pm »

I have to say I'm feeling Debatepro a bit more again. You'd think that if he was town, then me refusing to take raerae up on her lynch proposal would make him think twice about my being scum.

I'm sure this incredibly convenient change of mind is just a totally natural read.

Debatepro

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #2419 on: February 25, 2019, 12:51:01 pm »

But it hasn't been bold, that's the thing. It's been subtle, nobody's really come out (today) and proclaimed your town status, but nobody has really cast any suspicion on you either.

Oh, I thought your position was that the protection was obvious. Interesting that we had a moment on this day we're faust and SS agreed about something.

Lynching debatepro will most likely result in us losing the game right there.

Faust, although if silver wants to chime in I would appreciate that as well, where do either of you (Faust/silver) find me scummy in relation to any of this?
First thing, PoE. There are at least 2 scum in {silver, you, Debate}. And I read Debate as townier. You did not seem very invested in during the last Day and I strongly dislike the way you voted Joseph in the end only to jump back off when that wagon started gaining momentum.

I also think that you make more sense as silver's partner. Debate/silver interaction has been quite strange and it does not seem that partnery.
FNG

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2420 on: February 25, 2019, 12:52:15 pm »

Oh, I thought your position was that the protection was obvious. Interesting that we had a moment on this day we're faust and SS agreed about something.

Faust, although if silver wants to chime in I would appreciate that as well, where do either of you (Faust/silver) find me scummy in relation to any of this?
First thing, PoE. There are at least 2 scum in {silver, you, Debate}. And I read Debate as townier. You did not seem very invested in during the last Day and I strongly dislike the way you voted Joseph in the end only to jump back off when that wagon started gaining momentum.

I also think that you make more sense as silver's partner. Debate/silver interaction has been quite strange and it does not seem that partnery.

What makes it interesting? Or, specifically, what's that agreement tell you?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2421 on: February 25, 2019, 12:58:48 pm »

Debate and silver both feel like caught scum to me.

Debatepro

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #2422 on: February 25, 2019, 01:08:41 pm »

What makes it interesting? Or, specifically, what's that agreement tell you?

I find it most interesting because it's correct and they are seemingly on opposite sides. So if town!debatepro is true, then what does it tell us about them and their interactions towards me? I'm asking that out loud because I am not sure and maybe the smarter town can help me figure it out.

Perhaps I am a swing vote and recent attempts at reading me as town are to instill doubt about silver which worked. If I am a swing vote, it's not why SS reads me as town, he's had that read since early in the game, he couldn't possibly have anticipated this situation.
FNG

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #2423 on: February 25, 2019, 01:28:30 pm »

Eddie, thoughts?

No idea.

We need the four town to agree
On whoever it may be
At the game’s end we all shall see
And then we’ll all be free.

We should kill any of Ari/Silver/Debate

Is a potential for killing a Ninja more valuable than the odds Debatepro is town? I don’t know, probably not.

Both silver and Faust have been lining up with me logically this whole game, and at least one of them was lying about it, Ari is almost certainly scum (unless we are looking at Debate/Silver/Faust), Debatepro talks like he has an experienced scumbuddy (Probably Silver)...

I don’t know where this information leads me or if it is of any use to you, but there ya go.
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

Debatepro

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #2424 on: February 25, 2019, 01:32:37 pm »

Debate and silver both feel like caught scum to me.

If other town want to lose, then they should follow your read and vote for debatepro.

There have been several moments where I have had "vigorous" exchanges with SS, EFHW, and Faust. My play has been fairly consistent, have a scum read for whatever reason, put the strongest case I am capable of to paint them as scum and challenge, see where that leads. I don't think scum do this for people conceivably on different teams. I also think this type of play is alignment indicative.
FNG
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 100  All

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 16 queries.