Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 100  All

Author Topic: M121: Philosophers Mafia Mafia (Game Over, Perfect Mafia Victory!)  (Read 297103 times)

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
Re: M121: Philosophers Mafia Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #1600 on: February 13, 2019, 06:53:19 pm »

Vote Count 3.1

arishipshape (1): Uncleeurope
Joseph2302 (1): EFHW

Not Voting (7): Debatepro, faust, silverspawn, Joseph2302, arishipshape, shraeye, raerae

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.
Day 3 begins now and ends February 21, 2019, 04:00:00 pm.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
Re: M121: Philosophers Mafia Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #1601 on: February 13, 2019, 07:14:37 pm »

EFHW what's the reason for #don'tCryUncle?

I happen to know, barring some kind of interference, that he took no actions last night. Since scum can't kill and do actions, I would expect each of them to have done something.

So you're assuming they all have night actions beyond a night kill? Why did you follow Uncle?
I'm a motion detector.  I tried to choose someone unlikely to be otherwise targeted so my result could have a chance to be meaningful. There was no motion around him last night.

I don’t claim to know how this works, I just read the wiki. Who did you target in N2 and what was the result?
Waiting for Shraeye to set a claim order.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: February 13, 2019, 10:24:39 pm »

Also I said D2 that I think Datswan vs raerae wasn't town/town. And I still believe that.

So honestly I think ari and raerae are both scum
And before raerae argues about me "tunnelling all game", I will point out I thought Datswan and not her was scum yesterday
No; raerae was definitely mail-mi's N1 target.  He didn't say much important on day2, but in almost everyother post he affirms raerae's towniness. 

That's what I saw and why I took him straight off the table.  You can treat raerae as conftown.

[[only caught up to this post, so if anyone else points this out....then they're also correct]]

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: February 13, 2019, 10:51:36 pm »

I agree ari's suspicious and the easy lynch but I'm still not convinced.  I am highly suspicious of everybody claiming complete ignorance to mail-mi being the cop.  He wasn't dropping breadcrumbs, he was throwing whole loaves at anybody who would listen. 

ari, what does your power do again?  What did you do last night?  What did you do the night before?

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: February 13, 2019, 11:03:25 pm »

EFHW what's the reason for #don'tCryUncle?

I happen to know, barring some kind of interference, that he took no actions last night. Since scum can't kill and do actions, I would expect each of them to have done something.

So you're assuming they all have night actions beyond a night kill? Why did you follow Uncle?
I'm a motion detector.  I tried to choose someone unlikely to be otherwise targeted so my result could have a chance to be meaningful. There was no motion around him last night.

I don’t claim to know how this works, I just read the wiki. Who did you target in N2 and what was the result?
Waiting for Shraeye to set a claim order.
Let's continue letting people wake up for the day.  Claims is a future order of business.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1605 on: February 13, 2019, 11:09:03 pm »

No rush for the claim order, just orienting debatepro to how this works.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: February 13, 2019, 11:10:21 pm »

I think we need to look very seriously at faust at this point, given his case on mail-mi and the hammer of DatSwan.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: February 13, 2019, 11:23:43 pm »

And re: not lynching claimed PRs, that is a silly policy in a closed game where scum can just fakeclaim whatever.

He did not claim one-shot bulletproof or something, he claimed to be a cop with a new shot for tonight. What's better, 1. lynch him or 2. wait, see if scum NKs him, if not let him use the shot and lynch him tomorrow? If he's scum, we've delayed a lynch for one day. If he's town, we get a chance to lynch scum today (like ari) which is basically the analogous thing, and we get a result. This seems pretty clear cut to me.
Even if DatSwan is town, scum blocked him last night and so they could block him again. We learn nothing and forgo a lynch on someone who is very likely scum anyway. Plus if DatSwan is scum, then by letting him live we are giving him what he wants. It is very possible that this way we saved the IC because we lynched scum's Strongman.

I will put this here and bounce this off you people because I found it weird. The assumption that it is a scum RBer is weird. Can’t town have those too?

I don’t know the Meta on here, so I have no idea if town RBers are just super rare or something. I also don’t know if this assumption is even alignment indicative.

Just something I found odd for possibly no reason.

Count this as shade if you wish, whatever, I just felt it was worth mentioning.

And regarding Mail-mi throwing bread out into the world, one of my primary reasons for finding him scummy was because he was making it more blatant than I would have assumed an actual PR to be. I just didn’t want to use that as a case just in... case.
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

arishipshape

• Salvager
  • Shuffle iT Username: arishipshape
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: February 14, 2019, 12:22:10 am »

I agree ari's suspicious and the easy lynch but I'm still not convinced.  I am highly suspicious of everybody claiming complete ignorance to mail-mi being the cop.  He wasn't dropping breadcrumbs, he was throwing whole loaves at anybody who would listen. 

ari, what does your power do again?  What did you do last night?  What did you do the night before?
If I die, neapolitans investigations will return "no reading". I did nothing on those nights.
Words I like: Flourish, Mountebank, Masquerade, Cogitate, Touché, Aerial ace, Tricorn, Shenanigans

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: February 14, 2019, 12:30:08 am »

People interested in/pushing mail-mi yesterday include:
faust - voted, also gave mail-mi crap for his reads list but didn't give it to me for mine
Debatepro - voted
Uncle - didn't vote
silver - didn't vote
Joseph - didn't vote, pledged  #pledgenomail-mi
EFHW - didn't vote

People being dumbfounded today:
ari
Joseph
EFHW - but I'll be damned if she didn't find those bread loaves real quick-like
Debate

Sidenote, if you're going to quote me, at least give me cred.
In class, not that interested in explaining it to you anyway, but it probably won’t happen in the next several hours regardless.
Even if you don't care about explaining it to me, the rest of the town has a right to know your reasoning

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: February 14, 2019, 12:30:44 am »

I think we need to look very seriously at faust at this point, given his case on mail-mi and the hammer of DatSwan.
No. That makes no sense. If I was scum who knew mail-mi's role, then pursuing that lynch does not help me - he would only claim, which leaves me in the same position as before.

And the hammer of DatSwan, I have no regrets. His claim read like a fakeclaim because it was a fakeclaim. Which only goes to show again: Don't lie as town, folks.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

arishipshape

• Salvager
  • Shuffle iT Username: arishipshape
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: February 14, 2019, 12:34:39 am »

In class, not that interested in explaining it to you anyway, but it probably won’t happen in the next several hours regardless.
Even if you don't care about explaining it to me, the rest of the town has a right to know your reasoning
I didn't quote you. I might have, by coincidence, typed the same words you have typed before. But i don't recall you ever typing those words.
Words I like: Flourish, Mountebank, Masquerade, Cogitate, Touché, Aerial ace, Tricorn, Shenanigans

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: February 14, 2019, 12:36:01 am »

I didn't quote you. I might have, by coincidence, typed the same words you have typed before. But i don't recall you ever typing those words.

I was being funny since I typed very nearly that exact same thing to faust and have been screaming it all game.  I'm hilarious.  Just trust me on that.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: February 14, 2019, 12:40:42 am »

I don't really think we should massclaim today. We have a lot of info available already and this isn't LyLo. We have 2 investigative PRs outed already, so whatever remains is not likely to give extra info.

ari is still scummy, but given that he has a good chance to actually be the role that he claims, I don't think the best lynch - since that role does not do anything now.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: February 14, 2019, 12:41:10 am »

Vote: silver

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: February 14, 2019, 12:42:10 am »

The whole end of D2 performance is fake fake fake.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: February 14, 2019, 12:47:14 am »

Note: It is also somewhat sketchy that we would have Masons, Neapolitan plus Motion Detector. That seems like a lot of information. On the other hand, the manner of EFHW's claim was townie. I guess it's not a topic for today.

Extra note: If ari is scum and what he claims to be, then he is the go-to bus for scum.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: February 14, 2019, 12:48:06 am »

Meh, whatcha think about a

Vote: EFHW,

faust?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: February 14, 2019, 12:49:24 am »

faust?
I basically think what I just said in the post above...

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: February 14, 2019, 12:50:36 am »

faust?

Yeah, I didn't look at the PPE, bad habit but habit nonetheless.  Anyway, I think I like my vote there.  I didn't see as much town in her claim as you did.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1620 on: February 14, 2019, 01:57:27 am »

faust?

Yeah, I didn't look at the PPE, bad habit but habit nonetheless.  Anyway, I think I like my vote there.  I didn't see as much town in her claim as you did.
You should consider that if her role really was a fakeclaim, then scum!EFHW would have had no way of knowing that her result on Uncle was the correct one. Even if she say, Rolecopped him, it would still have been possible that someone else targeted Eddie, thus outing her.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: February 14, 2019, 03:30:09 am »

This is not too hard, really. shraeye is town. raerae is town. EFHW I really doubt that she would do that fakeclaim as scum. Which in turn renders Eddie townie. This shrinks the lynchpool to just

ari, silver, Joseph, Debatepro, faust

I am also town, which granted may not be obvious to you. Thus we have 4 people to pick from for scum. PoE is strong here. And this is also why I think a massclaim will do no good.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: February 14, 2019, 03:37:54 am »

No time now, but I just want to point out that I was always going to make a case for why faust is scum, before seeing his random vote. Don't accuse me of OMGUS later. faust is just scummy.

No. That makes no sense. If I was scum who knew mail-mi's role, then pursuing that lynch does not help me - he would only claim, which leaves me in the same position as before.

And the hammer of DatSwan, I have no regrets. His claim read like a fakeclaim because it was a fakeclaim. Which only goes to show again: Don't lie as town, folks.

but what about... if you're scum and didn't know his role?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: February 14, 2019, 03:39:28 am »

Just take the obvious facts for now

1. Everyone faust ever made a case on was town. Ariship probably isn't but that doesn't count; I was making the case and he just sheeped it.
2. It's faust and he's still alive day 3
3. He hammered a claimed cop without the IC getting to decide whether to unvote. If you don't think this is scummy you're just wrong.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: February 14, 2019, 03:43:35 am »

Just take the obvious facts for now

1. Everyone faust ever made a case on was town. Ariship probably isn't but that doesn't count; I was making the case and he just sheeped it.
2. It's faust and he's still alive day 3
3. He hammered a claimed cop without the IC getting to decide whether to unvote. If you don't think this is scummy you're just wrong.
2 should not be surprising given 1.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 100  All

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 20 queries.