Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 100  All

Author Topic: M121: Philosophers Mafia Mafia (Game Over, Perfect Mafia Victory!)  (Read 297146 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: M121: Philosophers Mafia Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #1075 on: February 05, 2019, 01:46:13 am »

faust, is raerae scummy or not?
I guess the best I can say is "somewhat". I don't like that way she is constantly asking for reasons for people voting her. She should rather convince people that she's town through her play. I admit that there may be just some playstyle difference at work here. Then there is the early MiX wagon, which has both ari and raerae on it. I do not think that two scum stay glued to the MiX wagon all Day, and I think ari is scum, which in turn makes raerae a bit townier. But then there is also her D1 wagon, which in comparison to the other wagons seems quite townie and avoided by scum - which would make her scummier. I also put some stock in the opinion of people who know her better - particularly you - and you seem to think that she's town.

Overall I come out at slight scum.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: February 05, 2019, 01:48:45 am »

ooooh, and

Vote: UncleEurope
No that seems like a terrible choice.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: February 05, 2019, 03:00:48 am »

@SS what do you think about Datswan's analysis and conclusions?

I don't agree with... really anything he said, but it strikes me as genuine.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: February 05, 2019, 03:02:18 am »

-----The point to be had here is that the people shifting in and about the MiX wagon very much could of been doing so due to their level of confidence that pretty much everyone, except the potential LL and Faust spots, were not going to move.
Good point here. D1 I was looking at that vote count above and asking myself if we could get another decent wagon. There were people off MiX that had said they weren't going to vote raerae, so I didn't think that wagon had a fighting chance. I did not want to lynch mail-mi over MiX, and starting another wagon felt unlikely.

That's not my assessment. I was expecting the MiX wagon to go away until very late into the day. Obviously, I was wrong.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: February 05, 2019, 03:08:23 am »

I have to say I'm a bit weirded out that raerae is the person most vocal about demanding reasons and town's overall way of handling it is to a) ignore her and b) paint her as scummy. It could just be because faust is so persuasive. I think a more reasonable and productive reaction would be to answer whenever she asks and given her null-to-towns for it.

Pointing out that she doesn't do enough other stuff is also like... I mean... if you say "do X please" and then no-one does X, and no-on gives good reasons, of you're you're going to keep asking people to do X

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1080 on: February 05, 2019, 03:51:25 am »

I have to say I'm a bit weirded out that raerae is the person most vocal about demanding reasons and town's overall way of handling it is to a) ignore her and b) paint her as scummy. It could just be because faust is so persuasive. I think a more reasonable and productive reaction would be to answer whenever she asks and given her null-to-towns for it.

Pointing out that she doesn't do enough other stuff is also like... I mean... if you say "do X please" and then no-one does X, and no-on gives good reasons, of you're you're going to keep asking people to do X

Yeah, I don’t get it either, I know I would get frustrated if someone voted for me without providing a reason. *ahem* I read town on her, still, despite people still trying to paint her as baddie number one today. Her reactions have been lining up with what I would expect from a town in that situation much more than a scum. I feel like a scum would be much more prone to shifting tactics after getting this much scrutiny from asking questions.
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: February 05, 2019, 03:56:06 am »

Yeah, I don’t get it either, I know I would get frustrated if someone voted for me without providing a reason. *ahem* I read town on her, still, despite people still trying to paint her as baddie number one today. Her reactions have been lining up with what I would expect from a town in that situation much more than a scum. I feel like a scum would be much more prone to shifting tactics after getting this much scrutiny from asking questions.
Who is painting her as baddie number one? She does not have a single vote on her.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: February 05, 2019, 04:11:09 am »

Fair point, what I should clarify that as, if people still seem to be throwing shade in her direction. Sorry for the hyperbole there. What I am sensing is stuff like this:

So by my own logic, there would be 2 scum in {Debatepro, shraeye, raerae, mail-mi, LaLight, EFHW, Faust}. Scummiest people there IMO are raerae and Debatepro

And:
As someone else already said, of the 4 wagons being proposed yesterday, raerae looks like it would have been the best one

Also, no one has yet convinced me that MiX was actually scummy , and so I I'm sure there's some scum on that wagon (at a guess I'd say 2)

Possible I am reading too much into this:

faust, what do you think about DatSwan?
Not sure. I found him somewhat scummy early on, and then he was absent pretty much the whole time leading up to the deadline. I give some credit to him voting raerae though.

Or this:

Not sure. I found him somewhat scummy early on, and then he was absent pretty much the whole time leading up to the deadline. I give some credit to him voting raerae though.

Credit someone voted for someone whom you have a scumread on? I hope it's not a lot of credit
At the time we had 4 wagons, 2 were on (now) known town, one was a crappy wagon on mail-mi and then raerae. raerae is definitely the least scummy place to vote there. But yeah, it's not much obviously.

Just reread (skimmed) the entire day to pull those, so yeah, you are right, not nearly as much of a push for her as my subconscious was telling me, I just caught whiffs of it here and there from Joseph and (kinda) you. My head was telling me it was much more of a consensus because I couldn't remember the specific instances.

Uncleeurope Eddie

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: February 05, 2019, 04:15:42 am »

Fair point, what I should clarify that as, if people still seem to be throwing shade in her direction. Sorry for the hyperbole there. What I am sensing is stuff like this:

So by my own logic, there would be 2 scum in {Debatepro, shraeye, raerae, mail-mi, LaLight, EFHW, Faust}. Scummiest people there IMO are raerae and Debatepro

And:
As someone else already said, of the 4 wagons being proposed yesterday, raerae looks like it would have been the best one

Also, no one has yet convinced me that MiX was actually scummy , and so I I'm sure there's some scum on that wagon (at a guess I'd say 2)

Possible I am reading too much into this:

Or this:

Credit someone voted for someone whom you have a scumread on? I hope it's not a lot of credit
At the time we had 4 wagons, 2 were on (now) known town, one was a crappy wagon on mail-mi and then raerae. raerae is definitely the least scummy place to vote there. But yeah, it's not much obviously.

Just reread (skimmed) the entire day to pull those, so yeah, you are right, not nearly as much of a push for her as my subconscious was telling me, I just caught whiffs of it here and there from Joseph and (kinda) you. My head was telling me it was much more of a consensus because I couldn't remember the specific instances.
I'm not painting her as baddie #1, I'm clearly voting for someone else......
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: February 05, 2019, 04:21:25 am »

Well, yes, I realize that, it was exaggeration. I use sarcasm and hyperbole a lot in my speech and I always end up typing that stuff up.

Uncleeurope Eddie

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: M121: Philosophers Mafia Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #1085 on: February 05, 2019, 06:09:12 am »

This is a pretty interesting vote count. Right before LaLight's claim.

Vote Count 1.10

LaLight (4): silverspawn, EFHW, mail-mi, MiX
MiX (4): Debatepro, shraeye, arishipshape, raerae
raerae (3): Joseph2302, faust, DatSwan
mail-mi (1): LaLight
arishipshape (1): Uncleeurope

So, we do have 2 wagons on town here. It is somewhat doubtful that all scums would be spread across these wagons. That implies that there's a scum (and possibly even more than one) in {Joseph, DatSwan, Eddie}. Which is... unfortunate, as I have this noted as a pretty townie set of players. I think I want to reexamine DatSwan.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: February 05, 2019, 06:11:02 am »

You seem to have a townread on eddie. Why?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: February 05, 2019, 06:12:07 am »

I'm also not sure that I agree both wagons being town means that not all scum is on them. Particularly if the third wagon (raerae) is also town

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: February 05, 2019, 06:14:40 am »

You seem to have a townread on eddie. Why?
Not really sure. I mean... he just feels very town? I could reread at some point to make this more precise, but the priority really is to reread players that are potentially scummy, so probably not.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: February 05, 2019, 06:15:09 am »

I'm also not sure that I agree both wagons being town means that not all scum is on them. Particularly if the third wagon (raerae) is also town
So you are saying that scum is more likely to be on the raerae wagon if raerae is scum?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: February 05, 2019, 06:37:02 am »

So you are saying that scum is more likely to be on the raerae wagon if raerae is scum?

*scratches head* no, actually. I think I don't agree with the argument either way. You were the one who postulated that town wagon -> scum off wagon

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: February 05, 2019, 07:54:00 am »

*scratches head* no, actually. I think I don't agree with the argument either way. You were the one who postulated that town wagon -> scum off wagon
Why aren't you challenging faust's distortion of what you said?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: February 05, 2019, 08:07:43 am »

I don't think he distorted what I said. I said that I particularly don't buy his argument if the third wagon was town. That implies that I am more inclined to believe it if it's scum. And that would mean scum is more likely to be on the raerae wagon if raerae is scum, which is what faust said.

arishipshape

• Salvager
  • Shuffle iT Username: arishipshape
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: February 05, 2019, 09:45:50 am »

Ari, whatchu think about Joseph?
Joseph is cool. No issues, relatively active, provides a relatively good amount of information. I have no quarrel with Joseph.
Words I like: Flourish, Mountebank, Masquerade, Cogitate, Touché, Aerial ace, Tricorn, Shenanigans

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: February 05, 2019, 11:54:42 am »

Joseph is cool. No issues, relatively active, provides a relatively good amount of information. I have no quarrel with Joseph.
Isn't he the one who is consistently voting for raerae, prompting her to ask "more info please", and then he doesn't give it?

Aren't you the one who keeps saying "town needs all info; otherwise terribleness"?

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1095 on: February 05, 2019, 12:00:48 pm »

Why aren't you challenging faust's distortion of what you said?

What's your implication, EFHW?

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: February 05, 2019, 12:10:27 pm »

faust, is raerae scummy or not?
I guess the best I can say is "somewhat". I don't like that way she is constantly asking for reasons for people voting her. She should rather convince people that she's town through her play. I admit that there may be just some playstyle difference at work here. Then there is the early MiX wagon, which has both ari and raerae on it. I do not think that two scum stay glued to the MiX wagon all Day, and I think ari is scum, which in turn makes raerae a bit townier. But then there is also her D1 wagon, which in comparison to the other wagons seems quite townie and avoided by scum - which would make her scummier. I also put some stock in the opinion of people who know her better - particularly you - and you seem to think that she's town.

Overall I come out at slight scum.

Man, this sounds scummy to me.  But that doesn't mean it is scummy; this is what I'm wrestling with right now, and it's difficult. 

The post also sounds genuine....but eeerrrg. Like, if ari is not scum (which I think he's not) and I wasn't vocal about my townread, then would raerae be a much bigger scumread from faust?  These are valid opinions that he makes, but it just has the feel of "Ari first, but let's not forget that raerae is playing differently than I would."  But this is from someone who I wouldn't think would fall for the weird=bad fallacy.

You picking up what I'm putting down, faust? other people?  This is my not-black-and-white opinion about faust's not-black-and-white opinion. 

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: February 05, 2019, 12:15:51 pm »

Isn't he the one who is consistently voting for raerae, prompting her to ask "more info please", and then he doesn't give it?

Aren't you the one who keeps saying "town needs all info; otherwise terribleness"?
Joseph is the one who has given lots of opinions
But there's just something that seems scummy from raerae all game. And the stats and arguments I've made for other people seeming town just don't apply to her IMO
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

arishipshape

• Salvager
  • Shuffle iT Username: arishipshape
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: February 05, 2019, 01:01:22 pm »

Quotes please.
Yes, town needs info: otherwise terribleness.
Words I like: Flourish, Mountebank, Masquerade, Cogitate, Touché, Aerial ace, Tricorn, Shenanigans

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: February 05, 2019, 01:05:53 pm »

I don't have any quotes of times you didn't call Joseph out for not giving reasons.  Because they aren't there. 

You can grab some quotes to correct me, if you'd like. 
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 100  All

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 16 queries.