Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 100  All

Author Topic: M121: Philosophers Mafia Mafia (Game Over, Perfect Mafia Victory!)  (Read 297038 times)

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
Re: M121: Philosophers Mafia Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #775 on: February 01, 2019, 11:51:07 am »

Mail-mi: Not enough content for my liking. He isn't definitive and/or contributing enough. Nothing to evil, but nothing good either. I lean towards scum.

i have already explained this.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

arishipshape

• Salvager
  • Shuffle iT Username: arishipshape
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: February 01, 2019, 11:54:15 am »

Mail-mi: Not enough content for my liking. He isn't definitive and/or contributing enough. Nothing to evil, but nothing good either. I lean towards scum.

Plz provide quote. Just saying "an explanation exists" means I have to go through all your posts again, which I don't really wanna do. I've got work to do today, cant spend it all re-reading
Words I like: Flourish, Mountebank, Masquerade, Cogitate, Touché, Aerial ace, Tricorn, Shenanigans

arishipshape

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: February 01, 2019, 11:56:09 am »

this day one has way too many pages.

I am rereading MiX right now, thoughts collected here:

goes all buddy-buddy on ariship. not sure how I feel about it. He seems very confident, though I suppose he's not an actual newbie, he's just a newbie to f.ds.

Question: How does MiX know Joseph's meta? He says he's only read the past few games, which I haven't done--Did Joseph claim SK in those games? If either one of them flips scum, definitely look back on them.

asks at least a few "would this be scummy if..." or "what I'm doing is usually scummy but..." stuff. Seems like it could be hedgy. Slightly scummy.

answering things instantly is not scummy. I don't like leaving questions unanswered (unless I miss them), and that is as town or scum. Null.

hm, MiX has been paying very close attention to the amount of votes that are on him. That's something I do much more often as scum than as town because I'm more worried about being lynched as scum than I am as town. Scummy.

also talks about how there are reasonable cases on him. if he's town, he knows any case on him is not reasonable because it is untrue. if he's scum, he should be trying to convince people that those cases are unreasonable. This is just weird. doesn't really affect my read.

i'm on MiX's post #251 and I've got to go to class, but my townread on him has significantly diminished due to this more focused reread of him. for now I will vote: MiX and finish my reread later if I can
Plus the content of this post nullifys my statement somewhat (sorry for the double post)
Words I like: Flourish, Mountebank, Masquerade, Cogitate, Touché, Aerial ace, Tricorn, Shenanigans

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: February 01, 2019, 11:58:30 am »

also talks about how there are reasonable cases on him. if he's town, he knows any case on him is not reasonable because it is untrue. if he's scum, he should be trying to convince people that those cases are unreasonable. This is just weird. doesn't really affect my read.

Not everything people say is wrong: just because the conclusion is obviously wrong, doesn't mean the reasoning isn't towny - and sometimes correct, like Uncle's first case. I don't think calling the cases against me "unreasonable" helps the town effort at all: I can dismantle them, but disregarding them is scummy; as you said scum wants to completely destroy the cases, whereas town simply wants to point out the inconsistencies (the consistencies can stay).

Voting for me? I can't blame you.

L-2 already? Next time say it, but you said you're busy so fair.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: February 01, 2019, 12:01:48 pm »

2. In this scenario, you aren't sure Ozle is a cop. He could be trying to direct the scum to kill him instead of the real cop. Pointing this out would assist Ozle in his endeavors, and allow the cop to survive another night.
He isn't though. You will notice that in the scenario I posted, Ozle is the Cop. You are talking about some other scenario and I don't know why, as it is clearly not the scenario I provided as an example.
In the example, you don't KNOW he is the cop. I'm assuming you aren't a role cop as you didn't say you are. If you don't KNOW he is the cop, you can't know for sure what would help or hurt him. Sure, he is the cop, but from your perspective he could be acting as a decoy and it could assist the town to help him get NKed.
It does not matter what I know. In the scenario he is the Cop, and so my sharing my observation does hurt town.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #780 on: February 01, 2019, 12:02:52 pm »

Plz provide quote. Just saying "an explanation exists" means I have to go through all your posts again, which I don't really wanna do. I've got work to do today, cant spend it all re-reading

So I'm super busy right now so don't expect too much from me, especially while I catch up. It also seems like everyone likes making gigantic wall posts in this game--don't expect that from me either  :P

my second post in the game.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

arishipshape

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: February 01, 2019, 12:04:03 pm »

2. In this scenario, you aren't sure Ozle is a cop. He could be trying to direct the scum to kill him instead of the real cop. Pointing this out would assist Ozle in his endeavors, and allow the cop to survive another night.
He isn't though. You will notice that in the scenario I posted, Ozle is the Cop. You are talking about some other scenario and I don't know why, as it is clearly not the scenario I provided as an example.
In the example, you don't KNOW he is the cop. I'm assuming you aren't a role cop as you didn't say you are. If you don't KNOW he is the cop, you can't know for sure what would help or hurt him. Sure, he is the cop, but from your perspective he could be acting as a decoy and it could assist the town to help him get NKed.
It does not matter what I know. In the scenario he is the Cop, and so my sharing my observation does hurt town.
It absolutely matters what you know. You can only make decisions based on what you know. If the situation today is anything like hypothetical 2, you can't know who the mason is for sure, and so you can't guarantee the correct move being not to share with the town.
Touche. I retract my opinion and consider mail-mi neutral.

So I'm super busy right now so don't expect too much from me, especially while I catch up. It also seems like everyone likes making gigantic wall posts in this game--don't expect that from me either  :P

my second post in the game.

arishipshape

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: February 01, 2019, 12:04:50 pm »

IDK why it didn't show up, but I said at the end of my last post "Touche. I retract my previous statement about Mail-Mi. I'm neutral now."

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: February 01, 2019, 12:07:58 pm »

It absolutely matters what you know. You can only make decisions based on what you know. If the situation today is anything like hypothetical 2, you can't know who the mason is for sure, and so you can't guarantee the correct move being not to share with the town.
It's a hypothetical situation in which me sharing my reasoning would hurt scum, which is what you asked for. Any wild guesses you make about how it relates to our current situation are your problem and yours alone. I don't think I will waste any further time arguing with you, as you have clearly never learned how to cede a point.

arishipshape

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: February 01, 2019, 12:09:58 pm »

It's a hypothetical situation in which me sharing my reasoning would hurt scum, which is what you asked for. Any wild guesses you make about how it relates to our current situation are your problem and yours alone. I don't think I will waste any further time arguing with you, as you have clearly never learned how to cede a point.
IDK why it didn't show up, but I said at the end of my last post "Touche. I retract my previous statement about Mail-Mi. I'm neutral now."

Debatepro

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Debatepr0
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: February 01, 2019, 12:15:36 pm »

I sense some multiple next level(s) town stuff going on now, i can barely see it, or understand it. I'm going to trust my fellow more experienced town!buddies to flesh it out and I'll remain consistent as to no throw a wrench in the information gathering plan between now and the end of the day.

If someone wants to have a "Debatepro wake up moment" I can only vote on reasons I understand and are backed up with evidence.

@faust This a error? Sharing your reason would hurt town, right?
FNG

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: February 01, 2019, 12:27:32 pm »

So the main reason he's towny is that he is not scummy?

Yes; not scummy after having lots of opportunities to be scummy.

also also Joseph was the ony one questioning my claim. which is making him townier in my eyes

Eh, I would not give town points for that. Not to Joseph. To a new player maybe.

I'm perplexed by the instant acceptance LaLight's claim has gotten. When faust and DatSwan were masons, they were suspected for Days. True, it was mostly scum trying to spin the mason fakeclaim story, but I don't think I've ever seen faust assign the IC label so easily.

There was suspicion on them, but there really shouldn't have been.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: February 01, 2019, 12:34:53 pm »

Has anyone commented on my case on shraeye in #558? Looking back, it's a bit weak, but I don't recall ANYONE even mentioning it.

@Debatepro, I suggest you read the post I mentioned above if you want to get "woke", or at least if you want to laugh at a scum attempting to make a case on town, whichever you think is more likely.

If I missed some mentions of it, I'll be happy to admit I'm wrong.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: February 01, 2019, 01:30:57 pm »

sorry for the double post

*scratches head* have you not noticed all of the people double-, triple-, quadruple-, -quintuple, -sixtuple, etc-posting?

arishipshape

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: February 01, 2019, 01:32:22 pm »

sorry for the double post

*scratches head* have you not noticed all of the people double-, triple-, quadruple-, -quintuple, -sixtuple, etc-posting?
Sorry, internet PTSD from when I got ripped to shreds for double posting.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: February 01, 2019, 01:36:31 pm »

Not the same thing. Most people can concede points that no-one challenged them on. The difficulty of conceding comes from a loss of pride and perceived loss of status. That's present if you've actually been arguing about it, and it's more present the more heated the argument is (that's why emotional arguments are such a waste of time, they're the least likely situations for people to change their minds). In the instance you quoted, conceding was easy. In the argument with faust, not so much.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: February 01, 2019, 01:38:06 pm »

I must say I dislike MiX' acceptance

" ...and how I'm the one that has a wagon. Oh well, at this point I've accepted my fate."

A bit more inclined to vote now.

Ok, I shall look at DatSwan as promised.

arishipshape

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: February 01, 2019, 01:39:17 pm »

Not the same thing. Most people can concede points that no-one challenged them on. The difficulty of conceding comes from a loss of pride and perceived loss of status. That's present if you've actually been arguing about it, and it's more present the more heated the argument is (that's why emotional arguments are such a waste of time, they're the least likely situations for people to change their minds). In the instance you quoted, conceding was easy. In the argument with faust, not so much.
Fair.
I assure you both, I have conceded stances I've held and argued for a long time. However, that would be both religion and outside this game, so I have no in game proof to show otherwise. I still think i'm right regarding the hypothetical situations, but the rest of the town can interpret it as they will.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: February 01, 2019, 01:52:54 pm »

Add DatSwan to my list of townreads. I ISOd him and he reads very genuine to me.

Unless there's a strong case on him that I missed, I think I now prefer mailmi > Mix = rae > DatSwan

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: February 01, 2019, 02:00:33 pm »

@faust This a error? Sharing your reason would hurt town, right?
Yes.

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #795 on: February 01, 2019, 02:35:31 pm »

I like my vote on raerae.
Don't count on me to be online anymore, as I'm on my way out
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: February 01, 2019, 02:47:51 pm »

Add DatSwan to my list of townreads. I ISOd him and he reads very genuine to me.

Unless there's a strong case on him that I missed, I think I now prefer mailmi > Mix = rae > DatSwan

I'm not a newbie, but what does ISO mean?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: February 01, 2019, 02:54:08 pm »

I'm not a newbie, but what does ISO mean?

Isolated read. When you read posts by only one person, some mafia sites have this option on then
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: February 01, 2019, 02:55:10 pm »

So I’m here and there, maybe it’s my last post. But I’ve been thinking and i would like to vote: MiX in the end. I think it’s a good spot for scum to be in
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

arishipshape

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: February 01, 2019, 03:09:02 pm »

Request vote count

Just 1 hour 52 minutes till the deadline. I think a vote count is in order.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 100  All

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 20 queries.