Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 100  All

Author Topic: M121: Philosophers Mafia Mafia (Game Over, Perfect Mafia Victory!)  (Read 297082 times)

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
Re: M121: Philosophers Mafia Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #725 on: February 01, 2019, 08:08:35 am »

also i won't be here for the deadline in the end
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: February 01, 2019, 08:09:34 am »

also also Joseph was the ony one questioning my claim. which is making him townier in my eyes
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: February 01, 2019, 08:13:02 am »

also also Joseph was the ony one questioning my claim. which is making him townier in my eyes
I kind of wish you had waited to point that out until we got more reactions.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: February 01, 2019, 09:21:17 am »

Hello

unvote

I was not voting for lalight just for lurker reasons. He seemed to be playing similar to [on going game] (trying my best to be clear without breaking the rules).
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: February 01, 2019, 09:22:41 am »

How many votes do I have on me?

Also hopefully I'll be here for deadline.

Don't really want to lynch MiX; I'm in the same boat as Joseph. I could lynch raerae but I would need to reread her to be sure. Who else is up for lynch?
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

arishipshape

• Salvager
  • Shuffle iT Username: arishipshape
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: February 01, 2019, 09:51:36 am »

Holy crud, a mason claim? Wow, you go to bed without checking the forums ONCE and now there's a PR claim. Anyways, regarding the rules of masons, is there guaranteed to be a mason? Or is it possible that the scum are taking a gamble on there being no real masons and claiming masons? Not that I suspect that, I just want to make sure. I've never played a mafia game where the roles weren't guaranteed to be 2 or 3 different sets of roles.

I am 99% sure I'll be here for the deadline. My vote stands, although I am wondering whether I should switch to prevent a no-lynch. I thought lynching was almost always superior to not lynching? Anyone care to explain why no-lynching might be better than lynching?
Words I like: Flourish, Mountebank, Masquerade, Cogitate, Touché, Aerial ace, Tricorn, Shenanigans

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: February 01, 2019, 09:52:36 am »

I'm perplexed by the instant acceptance LaLight's claim has gotten. When faust and DatSwan were masons, they were suspected for Days. True, it was mostly scum trying to spin the mason fakeclaim story, but I don't think I've ever seen faust assign the IC label so easily.

faust also reasoned that the LaLight wagon came up as a distraction from raerae and MiX. That is true in the sense that I had decided not to vote either of them and was looking for another choice. I don't know what led silver to suggest him. I see his train of thought, but I know I'm town and I started the LaLight thing. He does say scum would be more likely to be on LaLight, not that scum started the wagon, and since neither of those wagons were taking off anymore, I feel mail-mi does have a scummy position on that wagon.

I'm good with voting mail-mi. Vote Count Please!

PPE: ari.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: February 01, 2019, 09:55:02 am »

I am 99% sure I'll be here for the deadline. My vote stands, although I am wondering whether I should switch to prevent a no-lynch. I thought lynching was almost always superior to not lynching? Anyone care to explain why no-lynching might be better than lynching?
In general, it is always good to consolidate votes as deadline approaches. Since you will be here at deadline, you will know if a switch just to prevent no-lynch is needed. DatSwan gave a comprehensive explanation of why no lynch is bad. Why are thinking it is maybe better?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: February 01, 2019, 10:07:50 am »

I'm perplexed by the instant acceptance LaLight's claim has gotten. When faust and DatSwan were masons, they were suspected for Days. True, it was mostly scum trying to spin the mason fakeclaim story, but I don't think I've ever seen faust assign the IC label so easily.
When you think about it, it's really quite obvious that LaLight is telling the truth.

arishipshape

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: February 01, 2019, 10:08:41 am »

When you think about it, it's really quite obvious that LaLight is telling the truth.
*thinks for a few seconds*
Why?
Words I like: Flourish, Mountebank, Masquerade, Cogitate, Touché, Aerial ace, Tricorn, Shenanigans

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #735 on: February 01, 2019, 10:09:41 am »

I would not oppose MiX lynch as well, it's just i want to give them a pass
Passes are for Disneyland.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: February 01, 2019, 10:10:23 am »

Why?
Think a bit longer. I am not going to say more.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: February 01, 2019, 10:11:10 am »

Random question to UoS:

Can there be multiple scum teams, each consisting of more than one person, in the game?

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: February 01, 2019, 10:11:35 am »

In general, it is always good to consolidate votes as deadline approaches. Since you will be here at deadline, you will know if a switch just to prevent no-lynch is needed. DatSwan gave a comprehensive explanation of why no lynch is bad. Why are thinking it is maybe better?
I never will understand this written-in-stone rule that one must lynch.  If the only alternatives look nothing but town to you, I don't see the incentive to lay your hammer on the altar of the all-powerful Lynch.  But if you think there's scum there, hammer like there's no tomorrow.

arishipshape

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: February 01, 2019, 10:13:45 am »

Why?
Think a bit longer. I am not going to say more.
Hmm, let me think about the basics of mafia. Town has numbers. Scum has info. Scum doesn't want town to have info... Gee, I wonder who the scum here is? Basically, even if it's obvious, I don't want anyone to get away with not giving info to the town, period. Even if you think it's obvious, you may have different justification then any of us. Thus, I want you to share it.
I never will understand this written-in-stone rule that one must lynch.  If the only alternatives look nothing but town to you, I don't see the incentive to lay your hammer on the altar of the all-powerful Lynch.  But if you think there's scum there, hammer like there's no tomorrow.
That's fair. If the person with the largest wagon looks scummy, I will switch to them if necessary to lynch a scummy person.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: February 01, 2019, 10:16:01 am »

I don't want anyone to get away with not giving info to the town, period.
Okay then.

What is your role?

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: February 01, 2019, 10:16:25 am »

Well i have changed my mind about preferred lynch based on the last page and a half:

Vote:RaeRae
Interesting choice to change your mind
Right  That certainly felt like the wagon du jour, but it felt like most of the people were hopping there for unstated reasons, or sheeping others' unstated reasons.  That made the whole wagon feel pretty scummy to me.  I'm not a fan of convenience-votes.

Debatepro

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Debatepr0
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: February 01, 2019, 10:17:38 am »

... But... looking at the LaLight wagon, those folks on there aren't exactly a very townie bunch. I think the chance of scum being there is pretty decent. Which in turn is a point in favor of one of MiX/raerae being scum. Vote: raerae

Hmm...raerae was never on LaLight's wagon.

I think the universe might collapse because I agree with MiX about this [singular] point and I'm not changing my vote [yet]. I just checked she never voted for LaLight or seems like even waved the FoS. Please explain with references as those seem to be lacking, in general???

Also, why not share info with town... did you just figure out there was more than one scum team because making that claim was a clear signal to potential other teams? When all we have are assertions... we have nothing.
FNG

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: February 01, 2019, 10:19:27 am »

... But... looking at the LaLight wagon, those folks on there aren't exactly a very townie bunch. I think the chance of scum being there is pretty decent. Which in turn is a point in favor of one of MiX/raerae being scum. Vote: raerae

Hmm...raerae was never on LaLight's wagon.

I think the universe might collapse because I agree with MiX about this [singular] point and I'm not changing my vote [yet]. I just checked she never voted for LaLight or seems like even waved the FoS. Please explain with references as those seem to be lacking, in general???
That is not what I am saying though. I say that

- there is scum on LaLight iff one of raerae/MiX is scum
- the people on LaLight are kind of scummy
- thus, likely, there is scum on LaLight, which implies by the first point that one of raerae/MiX is scum.

Debatepro

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Debatepr0
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: February 01, 2019, 10:19:33 am »

@Faust - questions for you in #743
should have made more clear.
FNG

arishipshape

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: February 01, 2019, 10:20:49 am »

Okay then.

What is your role?
1. I said "not get away with not giving info to the town". I suspect your scum, so no info for you.
2. Even if you were town, I still wouldn't disclose this, because it would be information even the scum doesn't have. Keeping roles secret is better for town, because if I claim vanilla townie, the scum wont kill me and will have a better chance to kill PRs, and if I claim PR, the scum will kill me. However, the reason as to the mason's legitimacy won't assist the scum, as they either are masquerading as the masons themselves, or know that the persons claiming mason are legit and therefore have no need of extra confirmation. Basically, either way, sharing your reasoning wont hurt the town. Sharing my role would.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: February 01, 2019, 10:23:00 am »

Okay then.

What is your role?
1. I said "not get away with not giving info to the town". I suspect your scum, so no info for you.
2. Even if you were town, I still wouldn't disclose this, because it would be information even the scum doesn't have. Keeping roles secret is better for town, because if I claim vanilla townie, the scum wont kill me and will have a better chance to kill PRs, and if I claim PR, the scum will kill me. However, the reason as to the mason's legitimacy won't assist the scum, as they either are masquerading as the masons themselves, or know that the persons claiming mason are legit and therefore have no need of extra confirmation. Basically, either way, sharing your reasoning wont hurt the town. Sharing my role would.
You assume that me sharing my reasoning won't hurt the town. That is a baseless assumption. I think that it will hurt town. Since I am the only one here who knows my reasoning, I suggest you leave it up to me to judge whether sharing it hurts the town.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: February 01, 2019, 10:23:56 am »

Basically, either way, sharing your reasoning wont hurt the town.
That's an assumption.  Could be true.  Could be false.  That's the funny thing about assumptions.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: February 01, 2019, 10:24:41 am »

...and faust beat me to it.  But maybe this is 1 point for "maybe he's right" over "THAT MEANS HE'S SCUMMYYY!!!!"

arishipshape

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: February 01, 2019, 10:27:10 am »

Okay then.

What is your role?
You assume that me sharing my reasoning won't hurt the town. That is a baseless assumption. I think that it will hurt town. Since I am the only one here who knows my reasoning, I suggest you leave it up to me to judge whether sharing it hurts the town.

Reasoning isn't the same as information regarding roles. The scum already know if you are town or scum, so knowing your reasoning is worthless to them. Unless your reasoning is guaranteed to help the scum by painting a guaranteed town in a bad light (which you can only know if you are mason or scum), your reasoning won't hurt the town. Give me a hypothetical situation where your reasoning would hurt the town, and I'll eat my words.
Basically, either way, sharing your reasoning wont hurt the town.
That's an assumption.  Could be true.  Could be false.  That's the funny thing about assumptions.
Not an assumption, a deduction. And if it's wrong, demonstrate as such. Give me a situation where a town sharing reasoning would hurt the town. Hypothetical, of course. I don't want you proving me wrong by giving your reasoning now. If i'm wrong, it's better for you to stay silent. Thus, a hypothetical situation is in order.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 100  All

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 16 queries.