Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 100  All

Author Topic: M121: Philosophers Mafia Mafia (Game Over, Perfect Mafia Victory!)  (Read 296435 times)

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
Re: M121: Philosophers Mafia Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #125 on: January 25, 2019, 11:19:28 am »

I wonder if answering everything instantly is good or not...

Would it be scummy if I ask what the scumslip is? All I can see is him saying there are only 2 new players, when there are clearly 3...I don't think this implies anything other than null.
4 new players, right? uncle, debate, mix and ari.

MiX, it seems like you have played elsewhere? We've heard from ari. Uncle and Debate, what are your experience levels?

I don't count uncle, because he's played other games in f.ds

I've played mafia in Tabletop Simulator: for those who don't know, it's essencially like chat mafia, days are minutes and games end in half an hour because lobbies are 10 players max.

arishipshape

• Salvager
  • Shuffle iT Username: arishipshape
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 25, 2019, 11:24:30 am »

Wait, what happened? I didn't vote! The day wasn't supposed to start until 5 and somebody is already lynched? I'm guessing they quit or something?
Seriously, what happened at the start of the game? Nobody explained this. Why was the innocent child lynched? Was it for the theme or something?
This questioning deflection has some interesting timing.
Questioning deflection? What question did I deflect? Ask me it now and I shall gladly answer. Honestly, I was going over the archives of this game and remembered that nobody ever answered my questions.
Words I like: Flourish, Mountebank, Masquerade, Cogitate, Touché, Aerial ace, Tricorn, Shenanigans

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 25, 2019, 11:30:33 am »

Vote: MiX

Why? I'll give Joseph, faust, and UncleEurope each 1 guess.

I'm not interested in guessing, why don't you clue us all in?

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 25, 2019, 11:37:43 am »

Good thing I didn't ask you to guess :)

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 25, 2019, 11:41:25 am »

To the general game, I think starting a bandwagon on 1 person is better than starting 3. Therefore, I shall change my vote to vote: MiX. Especially because of that random buddying. If at any point I accidentally make an anti town vote, please explain to me why it was bad immediately, as I am still a noob.

I disagree that starting a wagon on one is better than having many wagons.  It makes it far to easy for scum to push for a quick lynch and for town to get pigeon-holed on a single person.  I like a day one with lots of wagons and lots of interactions because it actual gives us something to look at in future days.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 25, 2019, 11:42:05 am »

Okay, assuming you IRL survive that sass, why do you care about their opinions more than the rest of ours?

arishipshape

• Salvager
  • Shuffle iT Username: arishipshape
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 25, 2019, 11:44:39 am »

To the general game, I think starting a bandwagon on 1 person is better than starting 3. Therefore, I shall change my vote to vote: MiX. Especially because of that random buddying. If at any point I accidentally make an anti town vote, please explain to me why it was bad immediately, as I am still a noob.

I disagree that starting a wagon on one is better than having many wagons.  It makes it far to easy for scum to push for a quick lynch and for town to get pigeon-holed on a single person.  I like a day one with lots of wagons and lots of interactions because it actual gives us something to look at in future days.
Touche. I hereby retract my previous statement.
Words I like: Flourish, Mountebank, Masquerade, Cogitate, Touché, Aerial ace, Tricorn, Shenanigans

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 25, 2019, 11:44:56 am »

Why did you ask those 3 specific people? One's already voting for me anyway...

Anyway, I think your reasoning is clear, vote: dylan32, someone else needs a push to get in this game. DatSwan's also quiet, but bigger wagons are better.

PPE 3

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 25, 2019, 11:46:47 am »

Unvote

Request vote count

Is that how that’s done?

This MiX wagon has been gaining a lot of traction, I just wanna make sure we aren’t at L-1 or something.
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 25, 2019, 11:48:38 am »

Anyway, I think your reasoning is clear, vote: dylan32, someone else needs a push to get in this game. DatSwan's also quiet, but bigger wagons are better.

PPE 3

Bigger wagons are better than what?  Smaller wagons?  Many wagons?  Wooden wagons?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: January 25, 2019, 11:50:34 am »

While multiple wagons are better than one, pushing one wagon early is better than pushing several, for wagons with 2- votes are almost meaningless, at least from my point of view.

Unvote

Request vote count

Is that how that’s done?

This MiX wagon has been gaining a lot of traction, I just wanna make sure we aren’t at L-1 or something.

Don't worry, feel free to push my mislynch, I had 4 votes before the Unvote, I've been tracking them  :P

PPE 3

Bigger wagons are better than what?  Smaller wagons?  Many wagons?  Wooden wagons?

Than me voting for Datswan. I thought that was clear, I apologize.

Debatepro

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Debatepr0
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 25, 2019, 11:54:58 am »

I just said...
Quote from: Debatepro
Asking and answering a question to which everyone knows the answer to is very scummy in my book.

...less than a minute later you did it again. I'd argue that this this the most scummiest statement i have ever read in all the mafia games i've ever played.

This questioning deflection has some interesting timing.
Questioning deflection? What question did I deflect? Ask me it now and I shall gladly answer. Honestly, I was going over the archives of this game and remembered that nobody ever answered my questions.

...but i need to re-scrutinize arishpshape's posts.

Just a thought experiment. Mix is new but has played in another form... it wouldn't be "inconceivable" to orchestrate the buddying with a noob (arishpshape) ruse quickly, especially given the the way he played before was a much quicker format. They probably even have a name for this tactic, which I think should be called the Vizinni when town sniffs it out.

PPE 3

I take back what is said above in this post, throwing shade on 7 other players when your getting some votes for being scummy is in fact most scummiest thin i have ever read in all the mafia games I've ever played.
FNG

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 25, 2019, 12:00:09 pm »

While multiple wagons are better than one, pushing one wagon early is better than pushing several, for wagons with 2- votes are almost meaningless, at least from my point of view.

But votes don't mean anything if there isn't discussion behind them.  We can push four people to L-1 but if it's just a bunch of people sheeping crappy cases that doesn't tell us anything.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 25, 2019, 12:06:49 pm »

I just said...
Asking and answering a question to which everyone knows the answer to is very scummy in my book.

...less than a minute later you did it again. I'd argue that this this the most scummiest statement i have ever read in all the mafia games i've ever played.

If I did it again, it might be part of my town meta; you know, what you think is scummy isn't an universal truth.

I also don't know the answer: I think it's good (which is why I'm doing it) but it seems to generate a lot of scumreads...

PPE 3

I take back what is said above in this post, throwing shade on 7 other players when your getting some votes for being scummy is in fact most scummiest thin i have ever read in all the mafia games I've ever played.

What did you take back? It's ambiguous.

How am I throwing shade on 7 players?

Oh "the most scummiest thing I have ever read in all of the mafia games I've ever played" is just this one...funny. Was that intentional?

But votes don't mean anything if there isn't discussion behind them.  We can push four people to L-1 but if it's just a bunch of people sheeping crappy cases that doesn't tell us anything.

It was RVS, where pushing wagons is better than not, in my opinion anyway.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 25, 2019, 12:11:16 pm »

Almost forgot: because Uncleeurope asked:

Vote Count 1.MiX

arishipshape (3): silverspawn, raerae, EFHW
MiX (4): Debatepro, shraeye, faust, arishipshape
Dylan (2): DatSwan, MiX
Silverspawn (2): Joseph, LaLight
faust (1): Silverspawn

Not voting (1): Dylan32

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
Day 1 ends February 01, 2019, 10:00:00 pm

Looks like I was wrong, I was at L-2, thanks for the heads up Uncle!

Feel free to point out anything wrong with this

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 25, 2019, 12:13:44 pm »

...of course, I forgot Uncleeurope's Not voting.

and silverspawn's actually voting for faust, not ari...

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 25, 2019, 12:32:45 pm »

Unvote

Request vote count

Is that how that’s done?

Don't worry, feel free to push my mislynch, I had 4 votes before the Unvote, I've been tracking them  :P
[/quote]

Oh, okay.

Uncleeurope Eddie

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 25, 2019, 12:36:43 pm »

Almost forgot: because Uncleeurope asked:

Vote Count 1.MiX

arishipshape (3): silverspawn, raerae, EFHW
MiX (4): Debatepro, shraeye, faust, arishipshape
Dylan (2): DatSwan, MiX
Silverspawn (2): Joseph, LaLight
faust (1): Silverspawn

Not voting (1): Dylan32

Day 1 ends February 01, 2019, 10:00:00 pm

Looks like I was wrong, I was at L-2, thanks for the heads up Uncle!

Feel free to point out anything wrong with this

Oh, in that case you are at L-2 again.

Uncleeurope Eddie

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 25, 2019, 12:39:36 pm »

Vote Count 1.2

MiX (5): Debatepro, arishipshape, shraeye, faust, Uncleeurope
arishipshape (2): raerae, EFHW
silverspawn (2): Joseph2302, LaLight
Dylan32 (2): DatSwan, MiX
faust (1): silverspawn

Not Voting (1): Dylan32

Day 1 ends February 01, 2019, 05:00:00 pm

I would indeed accept SS, ss, SILVERSPAWN, That Particular Swan, Dylane, and anything else that isn't ambiguous, it's in my rules.

I guarantee that Joth is not scum, no matter how scummy he may appear.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 25, 2019, 12:48:04 pm »

I should've been more careful while counting the votes...

By the way, why are you voting me? Still carrying the case from RVS or did someone else persuade you with their "cases"? I hear Debatepro has a very cool one.

Speaking of him...

Just a thought experiment. Mix is new but has played in another form... it wouldn't be "inconceivable" to orchestrate the buddying with a noob (arishpshape) ruse quickly, especially given the the way he played before was a much quicker format. They probably even have a name for this tactic, which I think should be called the Vizinni when town sniffs it out.

I feel like I skipped this.

I have never attempted to so such a thing: conversations usually go too fast to buddy one specific person, a better scum tactic is to seem like the voice of reason, which is what I usually do. However, this is a completely different medium: things change.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 25, 2019, 12:49:07 pm »

But if everybody RVSs we end up with somebody at flippin' L-2 for NO REASON.  We're not even 24 hours into D1, we nearly have a lynch, and we have virtually no discussion. 

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 25, 2019, 01:01:14 pm »

I should've been more careful while counting the votes...

By the way, why are you voting me? Still carrying the case from RVS or did someone else persuade you with their "cases"? I hear Debatepro has a very cool one.

Speaking of him...

I feel like I skipped this.

I have never attempted to so such a thing: conversations usually go too fast to buddy one specific person, a better scum tactic is to seem like the voice of reason, which is what I usually do. However, this is a completely different medium: things change.

Debate’s theory is admittably weak to me. I am more concerned with my initial point (you omitting that your buddying is more likely for a scum!you, while instead pushing suspicion at airship (who. honestly, I also am wary of, but that’s another issue).

I also had another reason which I am forgetting... I will try and find it sometime soonish when I can sit down and reread.

And the other third is a guy feeling that I caught one and my stubborness is taking over. But I won’t tell you that part, it might make my case look bad.

Uncleeurope Eddie

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 25, 2019, 01:04:01 pm »

But if everybody RVSs we end up with somebody at flippin' L-2 for NO REASON.  We're not even 24 hours into D1, we nearly have a lynch, and we have virtually no discussion. 

A big wagon doesn't mean a lynch.

What do you mean by discussion? The setup's closed, nothing to say about that, it's too early to post reads lists, and virtually every case is RVS.

If you have something good for us to discuss, by all means, say it, but I think this day's fine.

Oh, and there ARE meaningful cases on me: Debatepro's, ari's and even shraeye's if you look closer, so it's not "for no reason".

PPE 1: guy -> gut, caught one -> caught on, before you edit it yourself

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 25, 2019, 01:49:07 pm »

Nah, caught one is right, I think I caught one. Maybe, probably.

Uncleeurope Eddie

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 25, 2019, 02:02:38 pm »

There's a lot of discussion but I'm not sure anyone is scummy. No good cases so far.

I am, however, pretty sure that Debatepro is town, and arishipshape probably too. That's something.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 100  All

Page created in 2.706 seconds with 16 queries.