Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 100  All

Author Topic: M121: Philosophers Mafia Mafia (Game Over, Perfect Mafia Victory!)  (Read 293977 times)

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
Re: M121: Philosophers Mafia Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #75 on: January 25, 2019, 01:04:18 am »

Vote Count 1.1

shraeye (2): MiX, arishipshape
arishipshape (2): silverspawn, raerae
MiX (2): Uncleeurope, Debatepro
raerae (1): faust

Not Voting (6): Dylan32, DatSwan, LaLight, Joseph2302, shraeye, EFHW

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
Day 1 ends February 01, 2019, 05:00:00 pm
« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 01:06:39 am by UmbrageOfSnow »

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 25, 2019, 01:10:47 am »

Hey all - was sick for 2 days sorry. Haven’t caught up yet but will rn.

RVS Vote...

Vote: Dylane
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 25, 2019, 01:24:42 am »

Let's try to keep any images to a reasonable size please. I don't know what that means, no concrete rule, just a request.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 25, 2019, 01:46:06 am »

Or
Vote: Dylan
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 25, 2019, 02:05:40 am »

vote: That Particular Swan

Funny note: I started reading Quicksilver by Stephenson just couple of days ago and somehow I feel a connection with all you guys say in this topic
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 25, 2019, 06:51:14 am »

This be some bizarre buddying behavior from MiX followed by his conclusion that he should be prepared for his buddy to be scum, when buddying is a term that I would associate with something scum does.

You are absolutely right; I was going to mention buddying is usually a scum tactic, however, since I'm using it, I can clearly see its benefits for town first-hand: nevertheless not mentioning is, indeed, scummy.

arishpshape's defense on my buddying proves (for me, at least) that buddying is really cool and everyone should do it  :P

On a serious note, what are the odds two new players would be Mafia? I only ask because buddying seems to be a tactic some Mafia use for new players, but what happens if the buddies are new? Next level mafia play or ...?

You do have to realize I can only buddy someone who's active, and at the moment that was only arishpshape.

arishipshape

• Salvager
  • Shuffle iT Username: arishipshape
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 25, 2019, 07:42:41 am »

No need to dumb it down for me, I picked up what you were putting down in that first post but I was curious whether you thought it was a good idea or a bad one.  Fairly straight-forward yes or no question.  You used quite a few more words than that.  Interesting.

Vote: arishipshape

But without excess verbiage how am I to remain true to the theme of this mafia game? Philosophers are forced to use "quite a few more words than that" to express convoluted and nuanced thoughts. Sure, if you asked if it was a good idea I could have just said "yes", but that gives the town nearly no information about me. If I speak far more than "yes", it is not due to scummyness, but due to the underlying philosophy that my words are endowed with.

To the general game, I think starting a bandwagon on 1 person is better than starting 3. Therefore, I shall change my vote to vote: MiX. Especially because of that random buddying. If at any point I accidentally make an anti town vote, please explain to me why it was bad immediately, as I am still a noob.
Words I like: Flourish, Mountebank, Masquerade, Cogitate, Touché, Aerial ace, Tricorn, Shenanigans

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 25, 2019, 07:50:57 am »

But without excess verbiage how am I to remain true to the theme of this mafia game? Philosophers are forced to use "quite a few more words than that" to express convoluted and nuanced thoughts. Sure, if you asked if it was a good idea I could have just said "yes", but that gives the town nearly no information about me. If I speak far more than "yes", it is not due to scummyness, but due to the underlying philosophy that my words are endowed with.

Most thinkers write badly, because they communicate not only their thoughts, but also the thinking of them.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 25, 2019, 07:53:07 am »

That for which we find words is something already dead in our hearts. There is always a kind of contempt in the act of speaking.
Where is this from?

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 25, 2019, 07:55:20 am »

Vote: ss
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 25, 2019, 07:55:33 am »

Also I'm the SK

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 25, 2019, 07:55:54 am »

vote: arishipshape. Cluttering the thread.

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 25, 2019, 07:56:18 am »

And I'm currently in Tenerife airport waiting to fly back to UK, so limited availability til tomorrow

PPE: 1

arishipshape

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 25, 2019, 08:09:30 am »

Also I'm the SK

Doesn't SK stand for Serial Killer? Doesn't this mean we should immediately lynch you?

How dare you! Cluttering the thread is no sin, unless you can prove one of my posts added no new information. Allow me to prove my point. The meaning and essence of the social deduction game Mafia is in the talking. The games mechanics are very simplistic and mostly irrelevant to the game. The point is in the players discussions. If the point of "mafia" is for the players to discuss, discussing cannot possibly be against the spirit of the game! Discussing, or as you so poorly put it, "cluttering the thread", is actually assisting the town by providing it with relevant information about my thought process, as well as ample quotes for me and everyone else to use as proof for or against me.
Words I like: Flourish, Mountebank, Masquerade, Cogitate, Touché, Aerial ace, Tricorn, Shenanigans

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 25, 2019, 08:18:56 am »

I love this guy.

vote: MiX

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: January 25, 2019, 08:19:44 am »

well, we have 4 relative newbies, two returned vets, that's quite a playerlist I would say

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 25, 2019, 08:30:02 am »

Also I'm the SK

Doesn't SK stand for Serial Killer? Doesn't this mean we should immediately lynch you?

Yeah that's Joseph's meta, claiming SK, don't ask me why that's a thing; however, killing someone because they're SK is (kinda) SK-hunting, which tends to be scummy, since the people that are more scared of SK than scum are scum themselves.

How dare you! Cluttering the thread is no sin, unless you can prove one of my posts added no new information. Allow me to prove my point. The meaning and essence of the social deduction game Mafia is in the talking. The games mechanics are very simplistic and mostly irrelevant to the game. The point is in the players discussions. If the point of "mafia" is for the players to discuss, discussing cannot possibly be against the spirit of the game! Discussing, or as you so poorly put it, "cluttering the thread", is actually assisting the town by providing it with relevant information about my thought process, as well as ample quotes for me and everyone else to use as proof for or against me.

That whole post is a very good example of cluttering the thread, which is usually bad because it makes rereads of previous days more difficult, thus is inherently anti-town. I can't believe my townread is doing so many scummy things at once...I still think it's part of his town meta, gut feeling for that, but anti-town behavior should still be minimized.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 25, 2019, 08:34:58 am »

Oh, thank you LaLight, was that for me? Regardless, FoS: LaLight, seems opportunist, maybe it's just the OMGUS talking, but still.

I hate how the two wagons thus far are me and arishpshape: not only are we "relative newbies", as LaLight pointed out, we are also the most active players, is this how all D1s go?

Another thing: LaLight, who's the fourth "relative newbie"? Is it Dylan?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 25, 2019, 08:41:59 am »

Oh, thank you LaLight, was that for me? Regardless, FoS: LaLight, seems opportunist, maybe it's just the OMGUS talking, but still.

I hate how the two wagons thus far are me and arishpshape: not only are we "relative newbies", as LaLight pointed out, we are also the most active players, is this how all D1s go?

Another thing: LaLight, who's the fourth "relative newbie"? Is it Dylan?

Uncleeurope

Also sorry, that was for airship, but you look nice as well!

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 25, 2019, 08:42:36 am »

the wagons are awesome, keep the wagons. This would be a shame if one of you gets lycnhed eventually for no reason, but wagons... I love those things

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 25, 2019, 08:44:05 am »

Silence is worse; all truths that are kept silent become poisonous.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 25, 2019, 08:46:41 am »

That for which we find words is something already dead in our hearts. There is always a kind of contempt in the act of speaking.
Where is this from?
The charm of knowledge would be small indeed, were it not that there is so much shame to be overcome on the way to it.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 25, 2019, 08:47:01 am »

I suddenly have a question. @faust, are you Town-Aligned?

arishipshape

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 25, 2019, 08:50:54 am »

Also I'm the SK

Yeah that's Joseph's meta, claiming SK, don't ask me why that's a thing; however, killing someone because they're SK is (kinda) SK-hunting, which tends to be scummy, since the people that are more scared of SK than scum are scum themselves.

That whole post is a very good example of cluttering the thread, which is usually bad because it makes rereads of previous days more difficult, thus is inherently anti-town. I can't believe my townread is doing so many scummy things at once...I still think it's part of his town meta, gut feeling for that, but anti-town behavior should still be minimized.

Ah, now I understand. Keep in mind that I am used to live mafia where talking fast and talking often is optimal for town (because days can last all of one minute so the information is worth the clutter), so cut me a little slack, i'll get it together. Also, I was unaware anyone would claim SK and not do it to just commit suicide. I would rather lynch SK than town, but if it's just the meta I can understand. I shall cease thread clutter immediately!

I heartily agree. I believe everyone should talk as much as possible, providing the most information. Because days last like a week, there is no rush in sifting through the clutter to find the truth.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 25, 2019, 08:52:48 am »

I completely missed Uncleeurope...odd, maybe it's because I've actually seen him play.

I like wagons too, just not the current ones, those guys are my top townreads!

...I STILL want something from shraeye, his wife already talked, why can't he?

Agreed, silence is worse than being wagoned, but is silence better or worse for scum? I think the answer can never be known...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 100  All

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 19 queries.