Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 100  All

Author Topic: M121: Philosophers Mafia Mafia (Game Over, Perfect Mafia Victory!)  (Read 297071 times)

arishipshape

• Salvager
  • Shuffle iT Username: arishipshape
    • View Profile
Re: M121: Philosophers Mafia Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #100 on: January 25, 2019, 08:57:51 am »

I completely missed Uncleeurope...odd, maybe it's because I've actually seen him play.

I like wagons too, just not the current ones, those guys are my top townreads!

...I STILL want something from shraeye, his wife already talked, why can't he?

I hate how the two wagons thus far are me and arishpshape: not only are we "relative newbies", as LaLight pointed out, we are also the most active players, is this how all D1s go?
Silence is worse; all truths that are kept silent become poisonous.

Agreed, silence is worse than being wagoned, but is silence better or worse for scum? I think the answer can never be known...

Silence is unequivocally, always, disregarding everything, no matter what better for scum. The scums weapon is information. The towns weapon is numbers. Speaking gives the town information, giving the town information and numbers, and scum only information. Silence only makes the scums advantage all the more advantageous. Granting information is the point of being town.
Words I like: Flourish, Mountebank, Masquerade, Cogitate, Touché, Aerial ace, Tricorn, Shenanigans

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 25, 2019, 09:30:47 am »

@arishipshape:

1. I was voting for you to see how you reacted. It was a one-in-a-livetime opportunity to see your reaction in your first ever game of mafia.
2. SK hunting is not scummy; that's a myth. We should definitely lynch the SK if we knew who they were. Unfortunately, Joseph claims SK in every game, regardless of whether he's town or scum, he does it even if the setup cannot have a SK. So it's pretty much zero information.

Your reaction was towny and the fact that MiX said you play like him (which I think is a totally legit reason to townread you) is further evidence. You get a day 1 pass from me at least.

Philosophical rambling was good at the start of the game, but now it's getting scummy. vote: faust for doing it too much

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 25, 2019, 09:34:10 am »

Philosophical rambling was good at the start of the game, but now it's getting scummy. vote: faust for doing it too much
Every profound spirit needs a mask.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 25, 2019, 09:35:29 am »

Also we haven't clarified pronouns, it's now a thing to do that at the start of every mafia game. @ all new players: what's your preferred pronoun?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 25, 2019, 09:43:17 am »

faust, I think I recall that you have previously asked this question at the beginning of games. Is that correct, and if yes, is the reason that you didn't this time that you were in a mafia QT with both new players and therefore already know?

And remember that lying is a sin.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 25, 2019, 09:46:01 am »

here goes the scumslip! vote: ss
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

arishipshape

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 25, 2019, 09:54:10 am »

Every profound spirit needs a mask.
Was that an ace attorney reference? Also, why is philosophical rambling scummy? Even good philosophers ramble from time to time.
Also we haven't clarified pronouns, it's now a thing to do that at the start of every mafia game. @ all new players: what's your preferred pronoun?
Forums and pronouns don't mix. There are to many people "he" or "she" could be referring to. Just call everyone by name. If you insist on utilizing pronouns, "he" will do fine for me.
SS is silverspawn, right?
Words I like: Flourish, Mountebank, Masquerade, Cogitate, Touché, Aerial ace, Tricorn, Shenanigans

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 25, 2019, 10:00:23 am »

indeed this is silverspawn

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 25, 2019, 10:47:59 am »

I don't see it

Silence is unequivocally, always, disregarding everything, no matter what better for scum.
Don't think that silence and constant talking are the only two options.  Talking as much as possible does NOT always help town.  Information = good, clutter = bad.  interactions = good, rambling = bad

And I may not read the longer manifestos. So please don't bury important stuff in your musings!
Seconded.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 25, 2019, 10:48:28 am »

why are you voting for me if faust scumslippsed?

... could it be because both silverspawn and scumslip can be abbreviated by ss??

I would say no, since there's no uppercase letter in my name.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 25, 2019, 10:54:56 am »

Okay i am dumb. silver said “both new players” i thought he means that there are 3 people in a team and this is not in the setup. But i won’t unvote, cause why

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 25, 2019, 10:55:53 am »

Vote: MiX

Why? I'll give Joseph, faust, and UncleEurope each 1 guess.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 25, 2019, 10:57:35 am »

Forums and pronouns don't mix. There are to many people "he" or "she" could be referring to. Just call everyone by name. If you insist on utilizing pronouns, "he" will do fine for me.

He.
It gets tiresome always saying someone's name, especially when they're not perfectly lenghty such as mine; for example, I find your name hard to remember, lots of random letters with seemingly no order.

Would it be scummy if I ask what the scumslip is? All I can see is him saying there are only 2 new players, when there are clearly 3...I don't think this implies anything other than null.

Hello! The game's more than those 3 quotes, got anything else to add?

SS is silverspawn iff the mod accepts it when written as a vote. I would test it, but I want to hear more from sharaeye before moving my vote.

PPE 2: I think it's clear that the scum team's 3 people, isn't that what's common in a 13 player game?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 25, 2019, 10:57:42 am »

I am looking at your profile pic and i get flashbacks to the time in hospital 2 years ago i used to read all the games, this is funny.

Cool to be in an actual game with you

Debatepro

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Debatepr0
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 25, 2019, 10:58:52 am »

I am completely new to mafia, i've never played virtually or in person. My partner plays and is a somewhat newish player in this forum, but is not in this game. Pronoun: He or They.

On a serious note, what are the odds two new players would be Mafia? I only ask because buddying seems to be a tactic some Mafia use for new players, but what happens if the buddies are new? Next level mafia play or ...?

You do have to realize I can only buddy someone who's active, and at the moment that was only arishpshape.

Doing some back of the napkin math, there is less than a 10% chance that two of the three new players wind up being scum. Given that the pool size is definitely not three new players, the odds are even lower.

If the scum plan was for SCM1 to post early, then SCM2 to buddy, and then use the defense that "SCM1 was the only active player" in response to accusations of new person scummy-buddying is... a strong play.

I'd like to think that new players are capable of this tactic, even if the probability is low that you are both scum. I'm keeping with my original vote for now, but i need to re-scrutinize arishpshape's posts.
FNG

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 25, 2019, 10:59:14 am »

He.
It gets tiresome always saying someone's name, especially when they're not perfectly lenghty such as mine; for example, I find your name hard to remember, lots of random letters with seemingly no order.

Would it be scummy if I ask what the scumslip is? All I can see is him saying there are only 2 new players, when there are clearly 3...I don't think this implies anything other than null.

Hello! The game's more than those 3 quotes, got anything else to add?

SS is silverspawn iff the mod accepts it when written as a vote. I would test it, but I want to hear more from sharaeye before moving my vote.

PPE 2: I think it's clear that the scum team's 3 people, isn't that what's common in a 13 player game?

Common but not a rule. There can be traitors, sk, multiball, 1 scum with superpowers, survivors, anything really, this is uos we’re talking about

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 25, 2019, 10:59:19 am »

Oooh, Oooh, I know! Is it because OMGUS? Or do you have actual reasoning behind your vote?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 25, 2019, 11:01:14 am »

Oooh, Oooh, I know! Is it because OMGUS? Or do you have actual reasoning behind your vote?

So you think if those three have one guess all the others have more? Technically correct and awesome

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 25, 2019, 11:03:27 am »

On a serious note, what are the odds two new players would be Mafia? I only ask because buddying seems to be a tactic some Mafia use for new players, but what happens if the buddies are new? Next level mafia play or ...?

You do have to realize I can only buddy someone who's active, and at the moment that was only arishpshape.

Doing some back of the napkin math, there is less than a 10% chance that two of the three new players wind up being scum. Given that the pool size is definitely not three new players, the odds are even lower.

If the scum plan was for SCM1 to post early, then SCM2 to buddy, and then use the defense that "SCM1 was the only active player" in response to accusations of new person scummy-buddying is... a strong play.

I'd like to think that new players are capable of this tactic, even if the probability is low that you are both scum. I'm keeping with my original vote for now, but i need to re-scrutinize arishpshape's posts.

Not even the Great Mafia that rules us all can dictate the avaiability of players; I like your argument, but it is moot: how could we know we were the only ones active at that time (while planning, of course)?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 25, 2019, 11:07:46 am »

So you think if those three have one guess all the others have more? Technically correct and awesome

Look at you, trying to buddy me with your "awesome" and "technically correct", I like your style...regardless, I didn't guess, I said a fact ("I know") and then asked questions, to aid the three that were playing the guessing game.

Real answer: I still want more from shraeye, the vote's okay but the reasoning is what I crave! Say it so I can move on.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: January 25, 2019, 11:08:15 am »

You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

arishipshape

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 25, 2019, 11:09:25 am »

Wait, what happened? I didn't vote! The day wasn't supposed to start until 5 and somebody is already lynched? I'm guessing they quit or something?

Seriously, what happened at the start of the game? Nobody explained this. Why was the innocent child lynched? Was it for the theme or something?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 25, 2019, 11:13:00 am »

Wait, what happened? I didn't vote! The day wasn't supposed to start until 5 and somebody is already lynched? I'm guessing they quit or something?

Seriously, what happened at the start of the game? Nobody explained this. Why was the innocent child lynched? Was it for the theme or something?

Flavour, the "IC" is the comod. Yes, it's confusing.

I guess you know the reason and it's better than I thought.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 25, 2019, 11:14:02 am »

4 new players, right? uncle, debate, mix and ari.

MiX, it seems like you have played elsewhere? We've heard from ari. Uncle and Debate, what are your experience levels?

Debatepro

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Debatepr0
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 25, 2019, 11:18:35 am »

Not even the Great Mafia that rules us all can dictate the availability of players; I like your argument, but it is moot: how could we know we were the only ones active at that time (while planning, of course)?

Asking and answering a question to which everyone knows the answer to is very scummy in my book.

This questioning deflection has some interesting timing.

4 new players, right? uncle, debate, mix and ari.

MiX, it seems like you have played elsewhere? We've heard from ari. Uncle and Debate, what are your experience levels?

It's above, i'm completely new in all ways, although my partner plays. FNG in signature is F'n New Guy, for those unfamiliar with the acronym.
FNG
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 100  All

Page created in 0.222 seconds with 16 queries.