Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 93  All

Author Topic: RMM51: Imperial Radch Mafia (Game over)  (Read 272804 times)

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
Re: RMM51: Imperial Radch Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #1050 on: February 01, 2019, 07:25:50 am »

My number one WL is still Awaclus. It just seems like the most rational explanation to me for her behavior yesterday and at the beginning of this day. And look her refrain of “If I were scum, I’d be bussing her.” She says that over and over again, as it reinforce in all of our minds that that’s what Awaclus would do. Because it’s not what she did! And ya’ll are falling for that trick, hook, line and sinker.

But I admit I could be wrong. I need to do a reread before saying if I’m comfortable lynching Didds or Space. I have been reading them as very town most of the game.

My strongest townreads are Haddock, Joth, and e. Because e cop-confirmed ash, I have to include her, but based purely on her behavior I would have a moderate to strong scumread on her.

Umbrage I don’t have enough info on. Mail-mi - I have no idea. As I said before the cop claim is nonsensical to me regardless of her alignment. Nothing else really stands out.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: February 01, 2019, 07:33:01 am »

It is scary how alike Glooble and I are thinking right now.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: February 01, 2019, 07:34:30 am »

I think Awaclus knows their meta is well-known by now and is playing off-meta on purpose, which is why only the people who have been out of the loop are perceiving her obvious scumminess.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1053 on: February 01, 2019, 07:51:16 am »

My number one WL is still Awaclus. It just seems like the most rational explanation to me for her behavior yesterday and at the beginning of this day. And look her refrain of “If I were scum, I’d be bussing her.” She says that over and over again, as it reinforce in all of our minds that that’s what Awaclus would do. Because it’s not what she did!

Because I'm not scum.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1054 on: February 01, 2019, 07:56:15 am »

I think Awaclus knows their meta is well-known by now and is playing off-meta on purpose, which is why only the people who have been out of the loop are perceiving her obvious scumminess.

Out of the loop or not, I don't have any idea how anyone can perceive this:

Eh, I guess it doesn't hurt to weigh in on the LL wagon. I think the wagon is of very low utility and the lynch should happen later in the game if at all, instead of now. If LL is telling the truth, scum isn't going to be opposed to his lynch. If he is scum and he messed up his fakeclaim, scum isn't going to be opposed to his lynch either. Either way, we don't get any useful wagon analysis out of it.

as more scummy as this:

For instance, I'll learn that if LaLight flips scum, we should probably lynch Awaclus tomorrow.
For instance, I'll learn that if LaLight flips scum, we should probably lynch Awaclus tomorrow.

We could also do it the other way around!

vote: Awaclus

I'm down.

If I’m right though, should we lynch elsewhere? Try to hit real scum?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: February 01, 2019, 08:54:46 am »

Hey everybody. Work got crazy busy today so I'm voluntarily exiling myself from Mafia for the day so I can make my deadlines. I'll be back on late tonight or Saturday. Please don't forget that I'm double-hated thx.

He/him

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: February 01, 2019, 09:25:04 am »

Out of the loop or not, I don't have any idea how anyone can perceive this:

Eh, I guess it doesn't hurt to weigh in on the LL wagon. I think the wagon is of very low utility and the lynch should happen later in the game if at all, instead of now. If LL is telling the truth, scum isn't going to be opposed to his lynch. If he is scum and he messed up his fakeclaim, scum isn't going to be opposed to his lynch either. Either way, we don't get any useful wagon analysis out of it.

as more scummy as this:

We could also do it the other way around!

I'm down.

If I’m right though, should we lynch elsewhere? Try to hit real scum?
I see nothing scummy about the last batch of quotes.
Except that you've cherry picked the very final one so that it looks bad out of context, which makes you look worse, not joth.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1057 on: February 01, 2019, 09:32:59 am »

What isn't scummy about them?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1058 on: February 01, 2019, 09:34:09 am »

Also the last one says the exact same thing in context, I just shortened the post because it also had unrelated stuff in it.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: February 01, 2019, 11:14:04 am »

Vote: Space

Seems like a better place for my vote right now than WCD
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: February 01, 2019, 11:22:56 am »

Also the last one says the exact same thing in context, I just shortened the post because it also had unrelated stuff in it.
This is BS.  The quote is about joth's theory that Lalight is some kind of cult leader/recruiter. 
Whereas where you are quoting it above, you are clearly trying to construct the narrative that joth wanted to drive a lynch through on you without being on the wagon.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: February 01, 2019, 11:25:58 am »

What isn't scummy about them?
Nope.  We're not doing this.  Are you kidding?  Construct an actual case and I might pay attention

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: February 01, 2019, 11:32:12 am »

I could get behind e's Space vote; they are looking increasingly scummy, but I'd still say mail-mi is scummier for now.

I haven't done those rereads I promised.  I'll get to it.

Is it still too early to reconsider re ash and e?  I think e has been towny, but this obsession of ash's with the Glooble thing isn't great.  I dunno, I guess it's not explicitly scummy, but it is definitely distracting us all from the more important stuff.  Nah it's not enough to reconsider on them.  Not on my lynch list for today.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: February 01, 2019, 11:46:35 am »

I could get behind e's Space vote; they are looking increasingly scummy, but I'd still say mail-mi is scummier for now.

I have yet to see a case on mail-mi.  Can you tell me why they are scummy?
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1064 on: February 01, 2019, 11:48:44 am »

Whereas where you are quoting it above, you are clearly trying to construct the narrative that joth wanted to drive a lynch through on you without being on the wagon.

No? I'm trying to construct the narrative that joth was looking to lynch someone other than LL. Which he was.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: February 01, 2019, 11:52:01 am »

I think the case on me is because of my claim and my stance on LaLight. I have already explained my claim, and yesterday I explained my stance lalight.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: February 01, 2019, 11:52:54 am »

I think the case on me is because of my claim and my stance on LaLight. I have already explained my claim, and yesterday I explained my stance lalight.

Ah, ok.  Maybe I should have said "good case on mail-mi"

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: RMM51: Imperial Radch Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #1067 on: February 01, 2019, 12:01:04 pm »

Day 2 Final Vote Count

jotheonah (1): mail-mi
LaLight (7): Haddock, hypercube, jotheonah, Glooble, ashersky, 2.71828....., LaLight
DatSwan (1): Awaclus
Awaclus (1): DatSwan
mail-mi (2): WestCoastDidds, SpaceAnemone
Not Voting (1): Robz888

With 13 alive, it took 7 to lynch.

Time for some good old-fashioned wagon analysis!

On-wagon: Haddock, joth, glooble, ash, e
Off-wagon: me, awaclus, WCD, Space, Robz/UoS

So other than Joth (fully willing to admit I probably have tunnel vision) I have townreads on everyone that is on wagon. That's convenient. I would narrow onwagon scum down right now to {joth, haddock}

Off wagon are all the possibly scummy folk (Robz doesn't really count because he was gone) However scum did kill off-wagon, so that's a point to consider. Despite that, I think our lynch today should be off wagon. My current candidates are, therefore, {awaclus, WCD, space, UoS} and right now I think space comes out on top of that in scumminess, followed in some order by awaclus and WCD, then at the bottom is UoS. that is, of course, barring a reread.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
Re: RMM51: Imperial Radch Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #1068 on: February 01, 2019, 12:45:32 pm »

I've been trying to analyze the ash wagon for scum, and the one who keeps coming out looking the scummiest is... ash. I genuinely can't fault anyone for being on that wagon, because with all the information available at the time it just seems like a very pro-town wagon to be on.

I can't think of any plausible way this setup works with ash as scum. But ash's day one behavior is so scummy I don't regret voting for her and I can't honestly see anyone else as scummy for voting for her.

Sorry this post isn't more substantive. I genuinely spent my entire lunchbreak analyzing that wagon, and the conclusion I've come to is "Either ash is scum, and the set-up is horribly rigged against town, or ash played so nonsensically day one that its very possible her entire wagon is town."

I'll try and look at Didds and Space's behavior in later days and see if I can find a smoking gun. For now my vote stays where it is.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1069 on: February 01, 2019, 01:00:48 pm »

Obviously the whole wagon wasn't town because LaLight was on it. But the fact remains that based on the info available at the time, I can't fault anyone else on that wagon for being there. Especially given that we didn't know about the X2 hated, So the hammer thought she was L -2.

He/ Him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1070 on: February 01, 2019, 01:02:35 pm »

Can someone explain the "1 scum on wagon, 1 scum off" assumption to me? I don't know where that comes from.

He/ Him

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: February 01, 2019, 01:06:26 pm »

Obviously the whole wagon wasn't town because LaLight was on it. But the fact remains that based on the info available at the time, I can't fault anyone else on that wagon for being there. Especially given that we didn't know about the X2 hated, So the hammer thought she was L -2.

WCD was also on the ash wagon and shes not conf!town

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
Re: RMM51: Imperial Radch Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #1072 on: February 01, 2019, 01:09:30 pm »

Sorry this post isn't more substantive. I genuinely spent my entire lunchbreak analyzing that wagon, and the conclusion I've come to is "Either ash is scum, and the set-up is horribly rigged against town, or ash played so nonsensically day one that its very possible her entire wagon is town."

I worded this poorly, and now I'm quite certain ash or Awaclus is going to come and pedantically call it a scumslip, so let me get out in front of that. What I meant to say was "Either ash is scum, and the set-up is horribly rigged against town, or ash played so nonsensically day one that would have been very plausible for her entire wagon to be town."

WCD was also on the ash wagon and shes not conf!town

That's honestly what made me wan't to look back at it. But her logic was essentially the same as mine and joth's and I still think its solid logic, so I can't give her scum points for that.

He/ Him

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: February 01, 2019, 02:03:27 pm »

Sorry ladies, I won't be able to get to this until later this afternoon.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: February 01, 2019, 04:26:37 pm »

Okay, getting caught up...
It seems like e and others are finding me scummy, but the only (articulated) reason is that I was on the Asher wagon and off the LL one.

So, I’ll explain. I was super annoyed at Ash for shooting Mcmc. It looked scummy to me and I still don’t see how it was helpful to us. More importantly, we didn’t know he needed -2 to be lynched. I was in the process of reconsidering when the day ended suddenly. So, I was on the undersized Asher wagon, but that was not scummy.

The LL wagon. I spent the majority of the second half of D2 saying that I thought LL was scum. But if I had voted for him when I was saying that, he’d have been at L-1, and I didn’t want to do that in the event that she was hated for something like that and then I’d be the one who ended the day early. So, I continued to argue for the LL lynch, and stated my hesitancy in voting until the days end was closer.

As I watched people talk about LL, I wondered if it would be productive to see who he might jump to, given the chance. I chose Mail-mi because he hadn’t been around recently. At that point he hadn’t done anything really scummy, so I figured that if a real wagon formed on him, it would be illustrative. Space followed (she discusses this elsewhere) and then LL. For me, that jumps sealed his scumminess. Asher seems to have thought the same thing in in #898. I’d have voted for him when I woke up, but Asher, e, and then LLtook care of that when I was sleeping.

So, the VCA may not look good for me, but my posts demonstrate that it is not scummy.

As long as I am writing a humongous post, I’ll also say that I do not think Glooble is scummy, but rather just reacting to the revelation that the protagonist was scum. This surprised me, too. Perhaps in retrospect, it shouldn’t have, but heroes seem town. Most of the flavor heavy people seem to think this was any sort of slip. I think that is significant.

Space, Joth, and Glooble seem the most town to me.
Asher and e are a question. I have them green for now, but it tricky, you know? It would have been a set of bold scum moves, but bold wouldn’t be terribly surprising.
Awa is frustrating folks. That seems NAI, but also easy to lynch.
Haddock is new to me and I like the way he shares his thinking. But I don’t have any of the experience others have playing with her, and I don’t have a good sense of her. Town leaning.
UoS- (hi! I haven’t seen you since my first game ever!) I don’t have a sense of yet
Mail-mi wasn’t super scummy to me when I voted for her, but has become so as a result of the claim and the posts that followed it. She’s at the top of my list, at present. 

(Also, I am accustomed to being one of the few “her”s, so I keep thinking people are talking about me when I remember we are all her!
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 93  All

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 20 queries.