Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 93  All

Author Topic: RMM51: Imperial Radch Mafia (Game over)  (Read 274450 times)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: RMM51: Imperial Radch Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #975 on: January 31, 2019, 10:09:12 am »

He's talking about the flavor. We all assumed (or at least those that know the flavor assumed) that protagonists of the book = town, but because of the flip we know differently.

I don't know anything about the flavor, but I have known since receiving my role PM that Radch-aligned = town, not because of the flip.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: January 31, 2019, 10:12:28 am »

He's talking about the flavor. We all assumed (or at least those that know the flavor assumed) that protagonists of the book = town, but because of the flip we know differently.

I don't know anything about the flavor, but I have known since receiving my role PM that Radch-aligned = town, not because of the flip.

Ok. Let me see if I can explain again. What glooble was saying that (in relation to flavor):

Protagonists of the book = Enemies of the Radch = scum
Antagonists of the book = Radch = town.

He was talking about the relationship of protagonists and antagonists to alignment, not the relationship of "Radch-aligned" and "enemies of the radch aligned" to alignment.

Am I getting this right glooble?
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #977 on: January 31, 2019, 10:14:26 am »

Ok. Let me see if I can explain again. What glooble was saying that (in relation to flavor):

Protagonists of the book = Enemies of the Radch = scum
Antagonists of the book = Radch = town.

He was talking about the relationship of protagonists and antagonists to alignment, not the relationship of "Radch-aligned" and "enemies of the radch aligned" to alignment.

Am I getting this right glooble?

Exactly.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #978 on: January 31, 2019, 10:15:08 am »

And if you want proof go back to the very beginning of the game when Awaclus asks me my alignment and I say I'm Radch-aligned.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
Re: RMM51: Imperial Radch Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #979 on: January 31, 2019, 10:15:41 am »

So, WestCoast, DatSwan, hypercube, and Glooble, what's your mafia playing experience?

I played in this forum years and years ago. I stopped because I was taking it too seriously and it was stressing me out.

cool

are you scum?

I am Radch-aligned in this game.

He/ Him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: January 31, 2019, 10:16:09 am »

I can't believe this is what we're spending our beginning of the day talking about.

vote: Awaclus
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: January 31, 2019, 10:18:10 am »

I can't believe this is what we're spending our beginning of the day talking about.

vote: Awaclus

We can do better.

Vote: WestCoastDidds

On wagon D1, off wagon D2
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: January 31, 2019, 10:19:22 am »

I get where the Awaclus vote stems from, but there are better people to lynch.

That being said, I also believe Awaclus to be town
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: January 31, 2019, 10:20:56 am »

Also the Glooble votes. I get it, that was a scummy post. But consider ALL their play. Town, not scum

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: January 31, 2019, 10:24:25 am »

Hooray!! LL was scum!

Losing a jailkeeper is tough. Pour one out for Swan. And for Hyper. You will be missed. I definitely town read Swan, so I’m glad my sense of things was right, but I wasn’t expecting him to get whacked. I guess that is the nature of the NK. Le sigh...

It took me awhile to wrap my mind around Breq being a baddie, but it makes some sense. She’s the one trying to change things. Breq was the the main protagonist, so her death is a big win. Yeah us!

I’m in Omaha for work today. I won’t be around at all, but I’m flying back to warmer places tomorrow and will be more available en route. For anyone else in the band of the polar vortex, stay warm friends.

This is a pretty scummy post, now that you mention it.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: January 31, 2019, 10:25:09 am »

What about mail-mi?

He/him

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: January 31, 2019, 10:29:56 am »

What about mail-mi?

I think mail-mi is more town than scum at this point

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: January 31, 2019, 10:30:36 am »

What about mail-mi?

If mail-mi were scum with LaLight there is absolutely no way they claim when they did and how they did

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: January 31, 2019, 10:32:37 am »

What about mail-mi?

If mail-mi were scum with LaLight there is absolutely no way they claim when they did and how they did

I think it's dangerously easy to next level ourselves with arguments like this and ignore what's right in front of us. mail-mi has been scummy all day. He was on the wrong side of the wagon and made an extremely scummy claim.

He/him

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: January 31, 2019, 10:41:48 am »

What about mail-mi?

I think it's dangerously easy to next level ourselves with arguments like this and ignore what's right in front of us. mail-mi has been scummy all day. He was on the wrong side of the wagon and made an extremely scummy claim.

I haven't really picked up a huge scum vibe from mail-mi at all.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #990 on: January 31, 2019, 10:48:28 am »

Someone please tell me why Awaclus isn't obvscum though? Her play this entire game has been belligerent, confrontational, and backed up by swiss-cheese logic. I'm really not inclined to switch my vote to anyone else without a very good case.

He/ Him

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: January 31, 2019, 10:50:12 am »

Someone please tell me why Awaclus isn't obvscum though? Her play this entire game has been belligerent, confrontational, and backed up by swiss-cheese logic. I'm really not inclined to switch my vote to anyone else without a very good case.

Belligerent - not scummy
Confrontational - not scummy, even townie
Swiss-cheese logic - not scummy

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: January 31, 2019, 11:07:59 am »

Belligerent - not scummy
Confrontational - not scummy, even townie
Swiss-cheese logic - not scummy

All of the above -> Awaclusian

I mean, I think he might be being a small bit scummy, but he's actually hard to tell. He was scum in the RMM Haddock and I ran, and I think he was more conversational, but I also think his hard line on "this is how you have to play mafia" was a bit less extreme in those days anyway.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: January 31, 2019, 11:17:51 am »

Seeing Breq's flip made me feel less worried that my flavour name isn't strongly aligned with her people/general morality in the books, and also more open to the idea that Ash's claimed flavour name is genuine and Radch-aligned.

The Radch overall is a lot like saying "civilised society" -- it has different connotations to other people. Clearly we are all "civilised", but maybe only in the way colonialists and slave traders are.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #994 on: January 31, 2019, 12:13:26 pm »

Ok, willing to consider the possibility that I just don't care for Awaclus's playstyle and maybe I'm reacting emotionally to her constant attacks on me.

It's not good to develop tunnel-vision.

He/ Him

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: January 31, 2019, 12:59:31 pm »

Ok, willing to consider the possibility that I just don't care for Awaclus's playstyle and maybe I'm reacting emotionally to her constant attacks on me.
Congratulations young padawan you have taken the first step towards mafia wisdom :P

Also folks I moved house today and have much unpacking to do. Gonna have to catch up with yall later on tonight.

However I will say: it's obvious that Glooble was talking purely about the flavour, noting that we are radch-aligned and town, but not the "good guys" in the sense of the books, ie. We are aligned against the protagonists of the books.

This is not difficult to understand. Anyone voting Glooble for that is scummy.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #996 on: January 31, 2019, 01:33:53 pm »

However I will say: it's obvious that Glooble was talking purely about the flavour, noting that we are radch-aligned and town, but not the "good guys" in the sense of the books, ie. We are aligned against the protagonists of the books.

This is not difficult to understand. Anyone voting Glooble for that is scummy.

It is difficult to understand. I'm not familiar with the flavor at all, and this is my best effort at trying to figure out what's going on:

1) In the book, "Radch" aren't necessarily heroes or villains
2) Therefore, getting a character from the book who isn't necessarily a hero or a villain as "Radch-aligned" isn't surprising
3) If that's what happened to Glooble, it is not strange for Glooble to assume that "Radch-aligned" (i.e. town) are the heroes from the book
4) And then if that's what Glooble assumed, it goes against that assumption when a town player flips a villain flavor name and a scum player flips a hero flavor name and this is worth pointing out in the thread
5) For some reason, Glooble assumed that everyone else also assumed that "Radch-aligned" are the heroes from the book

Is this right?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: January 31, 2019, 01:35:21 pm »

Hi everyone!

I promise to post more than Robz did. Read the game fast over the night, definitely need to go back to look at some stuff today.

I don't know the flavor at all, although I may try to get around to reading it when I finish the book I'm currently reading.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
Re: RMM51: Imperial Radch Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #998 on: January 31, 2019, 01:39:18 pm »

I target one player and name one player. I named LaLight, but didn't target her. However, it's possible I redirected an action pointed at someone else to LaLight. I can claim more if necessary, but I'd rather not.

Joth, could you please answer this with just a "Yes," "No," or "It's possible."

Did you redirect Robz' action on N1?

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: January 31, 2019, 01:44:09 pm »

Joth, any interest in doing an RMM based on Long Way to a Small Angry Planet sometime?
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 93  All

Page created in 2.254 seconds with 20 queries.