Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 51  All

Author Topic: RMM49: Samurai Jack Mafia (Game over - Town Won!)  (Read 131636 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: RMM49: Samurai Jack Mafia (Day five!)
« Reply #1075 on: July 27, 2018, 03:20:55 am »

Oh wait I just checked my QT...

Apparently scum stole both my items before I could use the first. So I am actually completely powerless.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: July 27, 2018, 04:27:06 am »

vote: faust, there was a motion there. Can we lynch him now?
Well I received Space's item and got my 1-shot power made permanent... so certainly there would be a motion. I targeted mcmc, which turned out to be the wrong choice.

Anyway I don't really see how it couldn't be LaLight, so vote: LaLight

Why did you target Mcmc last night knowing that I had neighborized him and was going to commute us?
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: July 27, 2018, 06:12:11 am »

I obviously think faust lies, but how come there was no stealing and there is now? either there's no stealing at all and mcmc lies along with faust, or someone changed factions and became thief.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: July 27, 2018, 06:13:46 am »

Apparently scum stole both my items before I could use the first. So I am actually completely powerless.

What was your second item?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: July 27, 2018, 09:33:33 am »

Well I received Space's item and got my 1-shot power made permanent... so certainly there would be a motion. I targeted mcmc, which turned out to be the wrong choice.

Why did you target Mcmc last night knowing that I had neighborized him and was going to commute us?
I always figured that your commute was 1-shot and you didn't want to tell scum, because everything else would be OP. You're telling me you can always commute?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1080 on: July 27, 2018, 09:34:24 am »

Bagpipes usable by only EFHW. I have talked about it before somewhere.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: July 27, 2018, 09:37:57 am »

Bagpipes usable by only EFHW. I have talked about it before somewhere.

ah right

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: July 27, 2018, 10:07:02 am »

Anyways I probably need to make clear that am I not scum, and why. There are several points about my play that should make this clear.

- my early claim makes total sense with my weak role. It didn't matter much for me to be outed, but I thought I could throw scum off balance. It kinda worked I think, if EFHW hadn't decided that she ought to be lynched.
- I have obviously alluded to my item being usable by a Scotmans duringn D1, before EFHW's flip. So obviously I had this item. Now how much sense does it make for scum to have an item that helps only EFHW? When would they ever give it away? No, the item only makes real sense in town hands.
- when DatSwan was killed, I suggested gkrieg is scum because DatSwan scumread gkrieg. Everyone dismissed that. It was correct. Would I pull this as scum, trying to protect partner!gkrieg with a NK just to immediately incriminate him again?
- maybe the most relevant is my D3 claim. I claimed early that I didn't stop the kill. Scum knew they had to claim protective if they didn't want to ICfy Galzria + possibly another player. So I forced gkrieg's hand into a claim that got him lynched. There is little benefit in that for scum.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: July 27, 2018, 10:14:22 am »

Other thoughts.

- mcmc is every more certainly town. gkrieg flipped something with disguise, so he was the scum who had a disguise. I seriously doubt that two scum would have a town disguise as it would render Idplay/Space's role virtually useless.
- many things point to Galzria's townieness, but increasingly his role sounds too good to be true. Still the only other reason might be that scum actually recruited N2 and this is the reason why there was no kill. Which would imply a Galzria/Robz scumteam. This is something that I want to focus my energy on today I think, we have to exclude this possibility if at all possible
- it is still very likely that LaLigt is the second regular scum, but for now unvote until some time I've had time for a reread.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: July 27, 2018, 10:31:52 am »

vote: Robz

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: July 27, 2018, 10:44:04 am »

Hmm
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: July 27, 2018, 10:53:35 am »

Other thoughts.

- mcmc is every more certainly town. gkrieg flipped something with disguise, so he was the scum who had a disguise. I seriously doubt that two scum would have a town disguise as it would render Idplay/Space's role virtually useless.
- many things point to Galzria's townieness, but increasingly his role sounds too good to be true. Still the only other reason might be that scum actually recruited N2 and this is the reason why there was no kill. Which would imply a Galzria/Robz scumteam. This is something that I want to focus my energy on today I think, we have to exclude this possibility if at all possible
- it is still very likely that LaLigt is the second regular scum, but for now unvote until some time I've had time for a reread.

From your perspective if Galz is scum I would have to be scum, recall that I had a Killsmith result on him, and he couldn't kill. I.e., not scum.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: July 27, 2018, 10:54:34 am »

I think we're picking between faust and LaLight here. I'm sort of leaning toward faust but I'm not sure.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: July 27, 2018, 11:47:49 am »

I always figured that your commute was 1-shot and you didn't want to tell scum, because everything else would be OP. You're telling me you can always commute?

Why do you think that it would be OP to be either a neighborizer OR a neighborhood commuter? Obviously if I'm commuted I can't also neighborize as I am incapable of targeting anyone else - likewise I prevent any possible actions from my neighbor who, in all fairness, I most likely don't know the alignment of. Further, as it's an item that allows the commuting, and we've confirmed item stealing is in the game, I'm not even guaranteed to have the power forever.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: July 27, 2018, 12:22:43 pm »

Why do you think that it would be OP to be either a neighborizer OR a neighborhood commuter? Obviously if I'm commuted I can't also neighborize as I am incapable of targeting anyone else - likewise I prevent any possible actions from my neighbor who, in all fairness, I most likely don't know the alignment of. Further, as it's an item that allows the commuting, and we've confirmed item stealing is in the game, I'm not even guaranteed to have the power forever.

Not to mention I'm not a full neighborizer - The neighborhoods I create only last for the following day/night cycle.

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: July 27, 2018, 08:51:57 pm »

To quote Robz:

So the thing about mcmc faust is, he's scum.

Let's start with his vote history. For the purposes of this exercise, Robz is going to be painted GREEN, as that is what his alignment would be considered from a mafia perspective (They wouldn't know he was a traitor and a "bad" vote):

D1:
Robz (#35), Galzria (#84), LaLight (#125), EFHW (#148), LaLight (#242), EFHW (#275)

D2:
IDPTG (#386), PPS (#598), IDPTG (#615), PPS (#722)

D3:
Gkrieg

D4:
LaLight (#1044), Gkrieg (#1053)

----------

Next, some quick Vote Count Tracking. Let's just look at end of day stuff for ease and (ha) brevity:

Day One Final Vote Count

Robz888 (1): McMcsalot
Hydrad (1): IDontPlayThisGame
Lalight (1): Haddock
EFHW (7): faust, Galzria, Hydrad, Robz888, EFHW, gkrieg13, Pingpongsam
faust (1): Lalight
gkrieg13 (1): DatSwan

---

Day Two Final Vote Count

Robz888 (2): McMcsalot, gkrieg13
gkrieg13 (2): Hydrad, pingpongsam
faust (1): Lalight
pingpongsam (6): Galzria, Robz888, Haddock, faust, EFHW, IDontPlayThisGame

---

Day 3 Final Vote Count

McMcsalot (1): SpaceAnemone
gkrieg13 (5): faust, Lalight, Galzria, Robz888, Haddock

not voting (4): Hydrad, McMcsalot, EFHW, gkrieg13

---

Day 4 Final Vote Count

gkrieg13 (5): Galzria, faust, Lalight, McMcsalot, Robz888

not voting (4): Hydrad, Spaceanemone, EFHW, gkrieg13

---

First things first: This should come as a shock to nobody, but Hydrad is NOT Gkrieg's natural partner. There is almost no scenario where he pushes Gkrieg D2 (and ends on Gkrieg's wagon), and then fails to be part of his lynch on back to back days. That leaves faust and LaLight (surprise!). D1 & D2 faust ends the day on both town wagons, and LaLight is on faust - that isn't really all that important, except that it looks slightly better for LaLight (very slight). Many of us were on both D1 & D2 town lynches though, so I'm not going to pretend to paint faust scummy because of that alone. What IS notable is that the D2 lynch contains all town + faust. If you believe faust to be town, you must believe that was a 100% town wagon. Impossible? No. Super likely though? Also no.

Working under the assumption that Faust is scum here (and thus LaLight is likely town), it's easy to see in faust's voting pattern that he spread his vote around as much as possible - creating as many different wagons as possible. 4 different people on D1, and 2 others exclusively on D2. That's 6 players, all of whom are likely town here. Faust always had outs, always had wagons and other people to push. He made certain never to have the need to push Gkrieg.

So, why the change in approach from scum!faust D3? End game potential and town cred. This was the day of the mass-claim. Scum had just discovered where my sword was, and he knew they could steal it. He also knew that Gkrieg was lynch-proof. Pushing Gkrieg here would buy him town cred if they couldn't end game (at worst), and would hopefully allow scum to get a free NK on Night 3, along with an attempt to steal the sword. My guess here is that Gkrieg wasn't 1-shot death proof, but was BOTH 1-shot lynch proof AND 1-shot Bullet Proof. I'm also guessing that Gkrieg was the one capable of stealing the sword, which would explain why faust didn't yet know if I had the sword on D4 or if Gkrieg had been successful in stealing it. If I had the sword (and not Gkrieg), then the push to lynch LaLight D4 would've allowed scum to lynch town, and then for my shot to fail on a bullet proof Gkrieg - we would be here today with 6 alive (4 to lynch), with 2 known living scum, and the possibility for Robz to be scum (making it 3v3) still to endgame town - not to mention we don't know if there's been a conversion the other way.

But what about the rest of the game? Does it support a faust/Gkrieg team? Well, I think D2 is the key to explaining that yeah, it really does. D2 was the day when we had the greatest chance of lynching Gkrieg early. I was insistent on the lynch being Gkrieg or Faust, and we ran the Gkrieg wagon up to 4 votes (with, by the way, LaLight being vote #4 - not impossible for a scum teammate trying to actively defend by wagoning to cause cold feet - but definitely not what I would expect from LALIGHT in particular as scum, and definitely not as scummy as faust during this time):

Vote count 2.2

Robz888 (3): IDontPlayThisGame, EFHW, pingpongsam
IDontPlayThisGame (1): faust
gkrieg13 (4): Galzria, Hydrad, Robz888, Lalight

not voting (3): McMcsalot, gkrieg13, Haddock

Note that at this point, scum was not on wagon for Robz. In addition, the remaining scum was not choosing not to vote. So either Gkrieg's partner was on Gkrieg's wagon, or faust is Gkrieg's partner.

But what was faust saying/doing during this time?

He was scummy yesterday, is scummy today, and had a scumm-ily timed vote on EFHW.
vote: Gkrieg
Great case bro.

How is the timing of gkrieg's vote (which, for people who are interested, was after EFHW's claim) more scummy than Haddock's or PPS's (PPS did not actually vote, but expressed willingness)?

Why is faust suddenly defending gkrieg?
I don't like the ease with which the wagon has sprung up - after I said I found him scummy and without much of a case at all - while my vote on Idplay that is just as good was ignored. And I'm still wary of Galzria.

I'm not ok with the big wagons forming yet, there's still more to discuss.  See below:
I don't know how big wagons are preventing us from discussing stuff. I'd rather have more happen than to wait for you to finish your 1-post-a-day discussion of things until we're out of time.

I want faust to say what he did last night, because as it stands my role-information from last night is pointing in the direction of scum!faust.
Well okay then. I took no action.

Fascinating how interested Faust was in a Gkrieg lynch as long as Gkrieg didn't have any votes on him. The moment the lynch might be a thing, Faust backtracked real quick.
I always get cold feet when my preferred lynch choice attracts lots of votes for no reason. You still haven't answered my question why his EFHW vote was scummy. Or, I think you didn't. I don't have the best track record noticing your answers this game.

Can anyone explain how any of the current lynch choices is a better pick than Idplay?

Deflection, deflection and more deflection. And this is after he had called (weakly) Gkrieg scummy at the start of the day (while simultaneously calling me scummy in the same post - the point on me being the only one he followed up with throughout the day).

But wait! Partners go both ways. We've looked at faust pretty extensively here, let's look at how Gkrieg viewed faust:

Gkrieg's vote history:

D1:
faust (#28), Robz (#50), faust (#155)Hydrad (#227), EFHW (#308)

---

D2:
IDPTG (#567), Haddock (#570), Robz (#659)

---

And... that's it. He never cast a vote on D3 or D4. So, with the exception of the Hydrad vote D1, Gkrieg voted entirely for town... and faust. Is it possible faust is town and Gkrieg never voted for his partner LaLight ever? Sure.

But here's the thing. There are a LOT of things that all need to work in faust's favor for him to be town here:

1) Gkrieg never voted for partner LaLight, despite having no reason not to (separation cred is a thing)
2) LaLight pushed Gkrieg to L-2 D2 when he could've done... nothing - meanwhile, faust would've been town unfortunately deflecting from scum
3) At the point of Gkrieg's highest wagon D2, his partner would've been actively choosing to bus instead of voting somewhere (anywhere) else
4) The lynch of PPS at the end of D2 would've been 100% town
5) LaLight would need to be a scum motion detector, otherwise he got lucky guessing that there was motion around Robz N1 (I had yet to claim to have targeted Robz N1 when LaLight claimed)

And really... just... yeah.

Extra things about faust:
- We have no idea if his role claim is true or not. It's entirely unverifiable.
- We have no idea if his item is true or not. It's entirely possible that he made the item up before the game began to use as a fakeclaim.
- It's entirely possible that the item he had DID exist, but doesn't do what he claims. It could've, perhaps, allowed EFHW to change alignment if it ended up in her hands.
- His case on LaLight is kinda based around LaLight's PR "not being likely with a Tracker in play"... and yet LaLight's PR is repeatedly verifiable and has been consistent and accurate each night, so...

So.

The thing about faust is, he's scum.

vote: faust

Mafia Record:

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: July 27, 2018, 09:31:29 pm »

Yeah, Galzria is articulating basically what I was thinking, especially the whole fighting the Day 2 gkrieg wagon thing. I second this case.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: July 27, 2018, 09:40:45 pm »

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: July 28, 2018, 03:00:32 am »

Yeah, EFHW is articulating basically what I was thinking

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: July 28, 2018, 03:02:25 am »

To quote Robz:

So the thing about mcmc faust is, he's scum.

Let's start with his vote history. For the purposes of this exercise, Robz is going to be painted GREEN, as that is what his alignment would be considered from a mafia perspective (They wouldn't know he was a traitor and a "bad" vote):
There is no reason to think that. a) We don't know that Robz is actually Traitor. b) Mafia knows Traitor is always an option.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1095 on: July 28, 2018, 03:03:51 am »

Note that Galzria was unable to argue against any of the points I brought up that point to me being town, and instead builds his case on me not voting for gkrieg.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: July 28, 2018, 03:05:19 am »

Working under the assumption that Faust is scum here (and thus LaLight is likely town), it's easy to see in faust's voting pattern that he spread his vote around as much as possible - creating as many different wagons as possible.
This is the revealing bit. Galzria does not want to find out if I am scum - he works under the assumption that I am and tries to builds a narrative.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: July 28, 2018, 03:05:55 am »

For the point raised in that, I spread my voe around in any of my games.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: July 28, 2018, 03:06:36 am »

And I will not be able to contribute more today. VLA. Do not lynch me, listen to your IC at least.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: July 28, 2018, 03:09:01 am »

For the point raised in that, I spread my voe around in any of my games.

We're still in a QT. I didn't commute last night. We've talked this over.

Mafia Record:

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 51  All

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 20 queries.