Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 50  All

Author Topic: RMM48: Cancer Mafia (Game over)  (Read 123229 times)

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
Re: RMM48: Cancer Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #800 on: June 13, 2018, 05:23:41 pm »

I have to say, though, I'm awarding zero townpoints for this hammer.. what's the point of making any sort of a big deal out of who hammers if there's no way scum's going risk any kind of delaying tactic anyway. I still very much think it's in town's best interests for the day to run on, and in scum's best interests to make it short before they have to risk interacting more.

PPE 1

I mean I can go either way so I am not arguing with the idea, but the concept is kinda weird.
If the day is to go on it would be with the purpose to hunt for skum longer. But like... Assuming that Eevee is skum, doesn't that kind of give Mafia control of the day. They can maneuver appropriately already knowing there is no chance that they will be lynched today if we have already decided to lynch Eevee regardless. Does that make sense?
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
  • Shuffle iT Username: IDontPlayThisGame
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: June 13, 2018, 05:46:27 pm »

I don't see a reason to prolong the day.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: June 13, 2018, 05:54:16 pm »

I'm fine with the day ending soon also.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: June 13, 2018, 06:49:45 pm »

If the day is to go on it would be with the purpose to hunt for skum longer. But like... Assuming that Eevee is skum, doesn't that kind of give Mafia control of the day. They can maneuver appropriately already knowing there is no chance that they will be lynched today if we have already decided to lynch Eevee regardless. Does that make sense?

I really don't see how that's all that relevant. I mean, scum are often caught by looking back over how they interacted throughout the whole game, not just the day on which they're lynched. Just because we're lynching Eevee today doesn't mean the others are off the hook. I think that in situations where a bad thing is happens to one team, its own members are more likely to be stressed than the opposition, so it's a pretty good time to try to catch scum out or look at how they're behaving. Though having pointed that out I'm now probably encouraging all the scums to fake some chill.

I can see that nobody else is all that keen on the suggestion, though, and it's almost midnight for me now, so I'm not standing in any voters' way at this point.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: June 13, 2018, 07:22:23 pm »

k well I am just gonna vote Eevee then. If someone wants me to hammer Ill unvote and vote back on.

Vote: Eevee
real good. That’s how

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: June 13, 2018, 07:41:52 pm »

Galzria wants to hammer
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: June 13, 2018, 07:57:10 pm »

Galzria wants to hammer

Ok i missed that
real good. That’s how

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: June 13, 2018, 08:25:58 pm »

Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
  • Shuffle iT Username: IDontPlayThisGame
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: June 13, 2018, 09:46:01 pm »

Galzria wants to hammer

Not doing.

If I unvote, will you vote and I'll hammer?

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: June 13, 2018, 11:12:52 pm »

I really don't see how that's all that relevant. I mean, scum are often caught by looking back over how they interacted throughout the whole game, not just the day on which they're lynched. Just because we're lynching Eevee today doesn't mean the others are off the hook. I think that in situations where a bad thing is happens to one team, its own members are more likely to be stressed than the opposition, so it's a pretty good time to try to catch scum out or look at how they're behaving. Though having pointed that out I'm now probably encouraging all the scums to fake some chill.

I can see that nobody else is all that keen on the suggestion, though, and it's almost midnight for me now, so I'm not standing in any voters' way at this point.

I don't get it. I think we must mis understand each other?

I am saying that currently in the world where "There are 4 skum  remaining, all of whom know each other" the ideal of hunting for skum for the remainder of today is kind of moot. I get what you are saying about to look back on and everything... but skum either knows that;
a) Eevee will flip Skum
or
b) Eevee will flip Town

We do not have that information. So when we ask questions, even with the intent of looking back on them... IDK I just feel like that gives skum the upper hand in this spot like a lot.

I mean the exception would be I guess we could hunt by like discussing previous days and drawing out stuff about that, but I was stating this originally based on the "we are not talking about reads today" theme.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #810 on: June 14, 2018, 12:13:32 am »

real good. That’s how

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: June 14, 2018, 06:07:11 am »

I am saying that currently in the world where "There are 4 skum  remaining, all of whom know each other" the ideal of hunting for skum for the remainder of today is kind of moot. I get what you are saying about to look back on and everything... but skum either knows that;
a) Eevee will flip Skum
or
b) Eevee will flip Town

I'm assuming 100% that Eevee will flip scum. The mod doesn't lie.

We do not have that information. So when we ask questions, even with the intent of looking back on them... IDK I just feel like that gives skum the upper hand in this spot like a lot.

I mean the exception would be I guess we could hunt by like discussing previous days and drawing out stuff about that, but I was stating this originally based on the "we are not talking about reads today" theme.

What would we be talking about if we're in D4 now, and Eevee has been lynched, but nothing else has happened in the night? You're acting like there's no possible way of having a conversation at the moment, and that's just patently false.

I mean, I also disagree with the "we are not talking about reads" dictat, which came from Iguana and was backed up by Robz, but by no means agreed by all of town. Scum already knows who all the townies are, and they don't need reads to pick us off one by one. OTOH, for townies who don't have information-gathering roles, reads are the only way to work out who to trust and who to lynch. Why is town so happy to minimise its own chance of gaining information?
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: June 14, 2018, 07:37:11 am »

@Space - The proportion of scum players is high. Giving a lot of reads allows scum to create favorable endgame scenarios for themselves. Scum only needs two townies to be wrong to get a mislynch through. So if two people announce their strongest scumread is a town player, then scum knows not to kill them and can start prepping stories for that mislynch overnight.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: June 14, 2018, 07:39:31 am »

If we don't share reads, then there is a decent chance that scum will shoot someone among townies A, B, and C where townies A and B both would have wanted C's lynch, thereby preventing their gauranteed win.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: June 14, 2018, 07:47:11 am »

I think we should vote on whether Galzria should hammer, or whether I should hammer, or whether you think it doesn't matter and anyone could hammer.

I will hammer if a majority agrees that I should, with the contingency that if some verifiable bad thing happens to me because of the hammer that yall should look at Galz for scum. I don't understand why he wouldn't agree to those same terms if he is indeed town. It was his idea to designate a hammerer in the first place.

What say you, Galzria? Shall we put it to a vote?

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: June 14, 2018, 09:27:59 am »

@Iguana, you just spent two posts saying why it's a bad idea to give reads on anyone, then immediately followed that up with a suggestion of everyone voting (presumably based on their reads?) for one of two possibly-controversial players. Am I the only one who finds it kinda funny? :-P

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: June 14, 2018, 09:51:39 am »

Space volunteered, so I think they can do it.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: June 14, 2018, 10:11:25 am »

I'm cool with that actually.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: June 14, 2018, 11:51:31 am »

I doubt it matters who hammers. Iguana should not be the hammerer, I guess, in case it does.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: June 14, 2018, 12:14:40 pm »

Vote Count 3.2

Eevee (5): gkrieg13, Robz888, IDontPlayThisGame, Galzria, DatSwan

Not Voting (6): EFHW, Eevee, Awaclus, SpaceAnemone, Hydrad, iguanaiguana

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. Day 3 ends June 20, 2018, 04:00:00 am.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: June 14, 2018, 02:29:34 pm »

If hes not hammered in like the 8 hours or so it will take me to be done my stuff i'll just hammer him.

I doubt anything will happen.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: June 14, 2018, 04:37:49 pm »

a) Eevee will flip Skum
or
b) Eevee will flip Town

I'm assuming 100% that Eevee will flip scum. The mod doesn't lie.

What would we be talking about if we're in D4 now, and Eevee has been lynched, but nothing else has happened in the night? You're acting like there's no possible way of having a conversation at the moment, and that's just patently false.

I mean, I also disagree with the "we are not talking about reads" dictat, which came from Iguana and was backed up by Robz, but by no means agreed by all of town. Scum already knows who all the townies are, and they don't need reads to pick us off one by one. OTOH, for townies who don't have information-gathering roles, reads are the only way to work out who to trust and who to lynch. Why is town so happy to minimise its own chance of gaining information?

Not ignoring it space, but II answered it in the post right after this.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: June 14, 2018, 04:40:08 pm »

Also Iguana, could you clarify on why you are ok with Space doing the hammer? You were so adamant about Galz (assuming because you think he is skum). Do you think Space is skummy? Or am I missing something?
real good. That’s how

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: June 14, 2018, 05:22:32 pm »

Better than nothing if Galzria really won't do it

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: June 14, 2018, 05:53:05 pm »

Better than nothing if Galzria really won't do it

I won't do it because you say so, no. I have no intent to follow your lead on anything. If it's agreed that I should by others though, that's different.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 50  All

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 17 queries.