Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 50  All

Author Topic: RMM48: Cancer Mafia (Game over)  (Read 122109 times)

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
Re: RMM48: Cancer Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #725 on: June 13, 2018, 04:39:06 am »

Good morning all!

My bet is that scum started the game with a bunch of nerf roles, one of which could easily have been "your alignment is announced at the start of D3".

Another nerf would have been being in a neighbourhood with a townie who'd know about it if they did the NK, because they'd vanish from the neighbourhood. My guess would be that whoever NKd Jimmmmm had the worst nerf of the lot, so went first with the role-switching.

Thinking along those lines, I'd guess that Eevee probably tried to make last night's kill and was thwarted somehow. Would be cool if he'd hit Jimmmmm's BPd person, for instance :-)

PPE ~5

Why wouldn't Eevee have killed Jimmm N1 to knock two birds with one stone?
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: June 13, 2018, 04:39:52 am »

Good morning all!

My bet is that scum started the game with a bunch of nerf roles, one of which could easily have been "your alignment is announced at the start of D3".

Another nerf would have been being in a neighbourhood with a townie who'd know about it if they did the NK, because they'd vanish from the neighbourhood. My guess would be that whoever NKd Jimmmmm had the worst nerf of the lot, so went first with the role-switching.

Thinking along those lines, I'd guess that Eevee probably tried to make last night's kill and was thwarted somehow. Would be cool if he'd hit Jimmmmm's BPd person, for instance :-)

PPE ~5

Is the "your role is announced" bit a common thing?

I meant faction rather than role, I guess. Isn't that exactly how IC works?

Wanna make it clear I am absolutely not arguing with you. That was a genuine question. IC I have played with, I have never seen this happen before.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: June 13, 2018, 04:40:54 am »

Good morning all!

PPE ~5

This is a good point.
Although while we are all living in paranoid-ville. Maybe he couldn't kill N1 or something?
real good. That’s how

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: June 13, 2018, 04:42:13 am »

I'll let space answer that question since people don't usually like when I try to answer for them. But I don't think thats exactly what space was trying to say.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: June 13, 2018, 04:42:59 am »

Good morning all!

PPE ~5

Like I said above, "My guess would be that whoever NKd Jimmmmm had the worst nerf of the lot." So maybe on of his buddies had something even more urgent to fix.

The scum team is 4 players out of 14, which is a high ration, so I think they were always going to have something keeping them from slaughtering us wholesale. Pretty sure I said as much D1.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: June 13, 2018, 04:43:37 am »

Hydrad you gonna be on for a sec?

ya i should be for a bit before i sleep. probably at least an hour

Well now Galz is here so he can be included too I guess lol

But like... wtf with the wagon then yesterday if Eevee is skum?

I was kind of banking on TvT wagon and there was a shit ton of skum on Eevee that were going for cred but that is pretty much shot to shit at this point.

For me this is making me even more confident about my reads. Like I said before I wasn't super sure eevee was scum but I was doing some thinking around the fact if eevee was scum who do I think is scum. and now that hes all but confirmed it makes me feel better.

Wait, so assuming Eevee is "actually skum"... that doesn't effect your opinion of Robz and Galz at the end of day yesterday?
real good. That’s how

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: June 13, 2018, 04:43:58 am »

Alas boys, girls and others - It's almost 2am, I was at work for 11 hours yesterday, and I must be awake in 5 for work tomorrow. To bed I must go!

Quite looking forward to catching up tomorrow though!

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: June 13, 2018, 04:45:23 am »

I meant faction rather than role, I guess. Isn't that exactly how IC works?

Wanna make it clear I am absolutely not arguing with you. That was a genuine question. IC I have played with, I have never seen this happen before.

It's a faust-constructed RMM, so I'm absolutely not surprised if there's innovative cool stuff that's just a short hop away from stuff we know :-)

I'm not saying I'm necessarily right about my interpretation of what happened to Eevee, but it's the most likely thing I can think of that fits with what I can see and infer about the game.

Maybe Eevee can come along and explain himself? :-P
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: June 13, 2018, 04:46:13 am »

Alas boys, girls and others - It's almost 2am, I was at work for 11 hours yesterday, and I must be awake in 5 for work tomorrow. To bed I must go!

Your inclusion of "others" here is very very appreciated :-)

Also, I really have to be getting to work...

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: June 13, 2018, 04:46:35 am »

(((My "Today's", "Tomorrow's", and "Yesterday's" get very mixed up at 2:00am... but y'all get the point.)))

G'night!

Mafia Record:

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #735 on: June 13, 2018, 04:48:13 am »

I was kind of banking on TvT wagon and there was a shit ton of skum on Eevee that were going for cred but that is pretty much shot to shit at this point.

For me this is making me even more confident about my reads. Like I said before I wasn't super sure eevee was scum but I was doing some thinking around the fact if eevee was scum who do I think is scum. and now that hes all but confirmed it makes me feel better.

Wait, so assuming Eevee is "actually skum"... that doesn't effect your opinion of Robz and Galz at the end of day yesterday?

hmm I explained it poorly. Its more like this. after I saw mcmc flip I instantly went to the thought process ok if eevee is scum here who else is scummy and who is towny. So I was going to enter today with claims based on the idea that eevee was scum.

The fact that hes basically confirmed scum makes my reads that I was thinking of more confident.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: June 13, 2018, 04:50:44 am »

i am a renowned member of the mafia, truly a made man. just lynch me and get it over with

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: June 13, 2018, 04:57:36 am »

hmm I explained it poorly. Its more like this. after I saw mcmc flip I instantly went to the thought process ok if eevee is scum here who else is scummy and who is towny. So I was going to enter today with claims based on the idea that eevee was scum.

The fact that hes basically confirmed scum makes my reads that I was thinking of more confident.

Fair enough. I was kind of looking at it from the other way around right after the flip. The fact that i was forced to hammer after Galz and Robz switched off made me suspicious, but then when MCMC flipped town I was confused about why they wouldn't switch back to hammer town. Made me think it was TvT. But now, honestly I am even more confused. cuz like... if Eevee was skum, why would skum flip onto Eevee, note that they will hammer MCMC, and then not hammer Town!MCMC and stay on Skum!Eevee?

Thinking while I am typing but Space's idea of the announced starting Day X would make sense there I guess.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: June 13, 2018, 05:00:40 am »

Fair enough. I was kind of looking at it from the other way around right after the flip. The fact that i was forced to hammer after Galz and Robz switched off made me suspicious, but then when MCMC flipped town I was confused about why they wouldn't switch back to hammer town. Made me think it was TvT. But now, honestly I am even more confused. cuz like... if Eevee was skum, why would skum flip onto Eevee, note that they will hammer MCMC, and then not hammer Town!MCMC and stay on Skum!Eevee?

Thinking while I am typing but Space's idea of the announced starting Day X would make sense there I guess.

gonna stop thinking out loud now and actually think bc that makes no sense. Skum absorb the power they kill, so obviously they would of had Eevee commit the kill and that would of been their plan if they knew Eevee would be announced... sooooo pretty much my whatever amount of hours put into read backs the last few days is completely meaningless.

fan-tas-tic
real good. That’s how

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: June 13, 2018, 05:01:55 am »

also I guess its easier for me because robz and galz are kinda towny for me. so if anything they are even townier now.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: June 13, 2018, 05:02:45 am »

i am a renowned member of the mafia, truly a made man. just lynch me and get it over with

what would be the Town!Eevee upside of you taking this approach?
real good. That’s how

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: June 13, 2018, 05:05:14 am »

what would be the Town!Eevee upside of you taking this approach?

I don't think there is one. I think its a scum!eevee trying to not give any info away.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: June 13, 2018, 05:06:17 am »

also I guess its easier for me because robz and galz are kinda towny for me. so if anything they are even townier now.

Who the hell did you go to last night thinking was (as you put) "3 top skum", if bottom was Eevee and neither of the others were Robz or Galz?
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: June 13, 2018, 05:08:29 am »

with 4 skum alive... just on the off chance that eevee is town, it would only take two town votes to pretty much end this game.
I am a fan at this point of doing something like "will vote Eevee" prior to voting? If someone sees a flaw that is fine. Since I brought it up I will just open with

I will vote Eevee.
real good. That’s how

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: June 13, 2018, 05:14:56 am »

with 4 skum alive... just on the off chance that eevee is town, it would only take two town votes to pretty much end this game.
I am a fan at this point of doing something like "will vote Eevee" prior to voting? If someone sees a flaw that is fine. Since I brought it up I will just open with

I will vote Eevee.

Sure, I like the cautious approach. I'd also like to see the day drag on for a while to force the other scums into having interactions, commenting on Eevee etc.

I will vote Eevee.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: June 13, 2018, 05:16:50 am »

Who the hell did you go to last night thinking was (as you put) "3 top skum", if bottom was Eevee and neither of the others were Robz or Galz?

Hmm I guess there isn't much point in hiding it. I'll do a semi claim for this.

my top 3 were gkrieg/Space/ and eevee was 3rd but lower.

Space is the one that probably seems out of there for most people but heres where my mini claim is. I'm in a neighbourhood with space.

Space was definitely pushing me towards an mcmc lynch over both gkreig and a bit of eevee. This is partly why I lynched mcmc even though I thought he was kinda towny. If he flipped scum I would of put space near the top of town reads, but since he flipped town and the other option was scum (and from my view the 3rd option was also scum) this makes me think space is really scummy.

At the very even if people don't as strongly think those 2 are scummy I'd like this part to be thought about. If either space or gkrieg flips scum look at the other heavily.

Also sorry space if you are town and I just kinda did that claim without letting you know.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: June 13, 2018, 05:17:38 am »

welp I wasn't sure if I was actually going to post that last one or not. I had typed it out then was having second thoughts while highlighting over the post button and i guess i clicked it. No going back now I guess.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: June 13, 2018, 05:25:24 am »

Hmm I guess there isn't much point in hiding it. I'll do a semi claim for this.

my top 3 were gkrieg/Space/ and eevee was 3rd but lower.

Space is the one that probably seems out of there for most people but heres where my mini claim is. I'm in a neighbourhood with space.

Space was definitely pushing me towards an mcmc lynch over both gkreig and a bit of eevee. This is partly why I lynched mcmc even though I thought he was kinda towny. If he flipped scum I would of put space near the top of town reads, but since he flipped town and the other option was scum (and from my view the 3rd option was also scum) this makes me think space is really scummy.

At the very even if people don't as strongly think those 2 are scummy I'd like this part to be thought about. If either space or gkrieg flips scum look at the other heavily.

Also sorry space if you are town and I just kinda did that claim without letting you know.

Space - confirm? (no offense Hydrad)
real good. That’s how

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: June 13, 2018, 05:26:57 am »

none taken

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: June 13, 2018, 05:29:48 am »

none taken

also you can tell me to eff off and that would be acceptable - but i am gonna ask anyways.

How long have you and Space been in a hood together?
real good. That’s how
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 50  All

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 20 queries.