Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 50  All

Author Topic: RMM48: Cancer Mafia (Game over)  (Read 122105 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: RMM48: Cancer Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #700 on: June 11, 2018, 12:55:04 am »

Vote Count 2.5

gkrieg13 (1): DatSwan
mcmcsalot (6): gkrieg13, Awaclus, SpaceAnemone, IDontPlayThisGame, Hydrad, Eevee
Eevee (5): iguanaiguana, EFHW, mcmcsalot, Galzria, Robz888

Not Voting (0)

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Day 2 ends June 11, 2018, 03:30:00 am. That is in 2.5 hours.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: June 11, 2018, 12:57:15 am »

Been way more than 20. I’m going to bed.

vote: mcmc
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: June 11, 2018, 02:34:05 am »

So.... I’m feeling like we somehow did a good thing?
real good. That’s how

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: June 11, 2018, 02:37:18 am »

i'm worried and regretting it
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: June 11, 2018, 03:23:36 am »

Day 2 Final Vote Count

mcmcsalot (7): gkrieg13, Awaclus, SpaceAnemone, IDontPlayThisGame, Hydrad, Eevee, DatSwan

Eevee (5): iguanaiguana, EFHW, mcmcsalot, Galzria, Robz888

Not Voting (0)

With 12 alive, it took 7 to lynch.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #705 on: June 11, 2018, 03:36:25 am »

What followed were lots of further examinations. Alex was told that they had to prep them for surgery, to remove some of the tumors that build in their kidney. According to the doctors, there was an about 60% chance that this would remove the cancer, otherwise Alex might face having the whole kidney removed.

Still, the experts were baffled by Alex's other, seemingly unrelated symptoms. It took two months before their test, and consultations with other medical experts, yielded results.

Alex's doctor sat down beside them. "We have found the likely cause of what you're going through." She paused. "It seems that you are suffering from a very rare auto-immune deficiency called Morbus Efdeësis. It seems to have been triggered by the cancer and causes your body to turn against itself in an attempt to destroy the cancer cells. In theory this, could even be helpful..." She hesitated for a bit. "However, the targeting isn't very accurate, and your condition actually affects helathy organs."

mcmcsalot has been lynched! They were the Bladder, the Deflector/Roleblocker.

Night 2 begins and lasts 48 hours. Night actions are due by June 12, 2018, 03:30:00 pm.

Thread locked!

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: RMM48: Cancer Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #706 on: June 13, 2018, 04:03:44 am »

"The good news is" said someone. It was another doctor this time. Alex had had so many of those talks that they only half-listened. "The good news is, we have identified the cancer here, and if we take quick action, we should be able to remove it."

Eevee is Mafia-aligned.

Day 3 begins!

Vote Count 3.0

Not Voting (11): EFHW, gkrieg13, iguanaiguana, Eevee, Awaclus, SpaceAnemone, Hydrad, Robz888, DatSwan, Galzria, IDontPlayThisGame

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. Day 3 ends June 20, 2018, 04:00:00 am.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: June 13, 2018, 04:13:57 am »

what
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: June 13, 2018, 04:15:39 am »

so Eevee is alive yes?
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: June 13, 2018, 04:16:04 am »

take that back it clearly says he is alive.
real good. That’s how

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: June 13, 2018, 04:16:14 am »

thats interesting. My thought is a cop role that they don't have to out themselves. so seems pretty good.

also this makes me feel a bit better because I was going to post 3 people that I wanted to lynch today and eevee was one of them. although he was my least confident vote out of all 3. So the fact that hes outed here is nice.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: June 13, 2018, 04:19:03 am »

also i'm sorry mcmc. I want to apologize for going through with your lynch. My gut was feeling that you were town but I went through with the lynch for reasons but they weren't good enough.

From now on this game i'm going back to gut!Hydrad because I think he plays better then thinking!Hydrad

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: June 13, 2018, 04:19:43 am »

also i'm sorry mcmc. I want to apologize for going through with your lynch. My gut was feeling that you were town but I went through with the lynch for reasons but they weren't good enough.

From now on this game i'm going back to gut!Hydrad because I think he plays better then thinking!Hydrad

Yeah I am obviously kind of seconding that notion in this moment.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: June 13, 2018, 04:20:28 am »

Hydrad you gonna be on for a sec?

real good. That’s how

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: June 13, 2018, 04:21:45 am »

That's... a neat announcement.

Can a mod lie? Or, rather, do we think that a mod would include a power to publicly announce a player as scum who might not be scum?

Also, before we rush to lynch, I think we should consider claiming - at least, we should discuss if we want to do it today or tomorrow. Right now we're at 11 alive with 4 scum, not 10. Thanks to the lack of a NK last night we're not in MyLo. Assuming that Eevee is in fact scum, after the lynch we'll go to night at 10 alive and 3 scum.

Actually... I don't know. I feel like I'm talking myself out of it. I definitely feel like I personally have some things I want to get out sooner rather than later, but I also can't do it on my own - I would need to potentially out others - and I don't want to have a premature mass claim.

Is there any downside to lynching Eevee here that people can think of? He could be some sort of lynch bomb, yes? Is that usually targeted by the player (Eevee), or is it the person that does the hammer? If the latter, we should consensus who casts final vote.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: June 13, 2018, 04:23:57 am »

ya i should be for a bit before i sleep. probably at least an hour

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: June 13, 2018, 04:25:48 am »

Can a mod lie? Or, rather, do we think that a mod would include a power to publicly announce a player as scum who might not be scum?

Also, before we rush to lynch, I think we should consider claiming - at least, we should discuss if we want to do it today or tomorrow. Right now we're at 11 alive with 4 scum, not 10. Thanks to the lack of a NK last night we're not in MyLo. Assuming that Eevee is in fact scum, after the lynch we'll go to night at 10 alive and 3 scum.

Actually... I don't know. I feel like I'm talking myself out of it. I definitely feel like I personally have some things I want to get out sooner rather than later, but I also can't do it on my own - I would need to potentially out others - and I don't want to have a premature mass claim.

Is there any downside to lynching Eevee here that people can think of? He could be some sort of lynch bomb, yes? Is that usually targeted by the player (Eevee), or is it the person that does the hammer? If the latter, we should consensus who casts final vote.

First paranoid thought that comes to mind is Skum has a "target player and have them announced the next day as skum" sort of thing.
And I mean I have not been playing as long as you guys... but does the mod ever like actually lie? I don't think that should be factored in too much probably.

Most likely Eevee is probably skum. Which is weird for me because I did like wayyyyy too much re read work last night coming up with conclusions that pretty much all just got kicked in the ass if that is true.
real good. That’s how

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: June 13, 2018, 04:27:03 am »

wow i didn't even consider the option of a lynch bomb. thats a great idea.

Also In my opinion I would say I could imagine a game where scum could fake a mod thing like that. But I highly doubt it would be in this game where scum already had a decent number advantage compared to most games, If you also gave scum that power it would be brutal I think.

So I believe that eevee is scum like 98%. It helps that I am scum reading him already I guess.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: June 13, 2018, 04:30:10 am »

Well now Galz is here so he can be included too I guess lol

But like... wtf with the wagon then yesterday if Eevee is skum?

I was kind of banking on TvT wagon and there was a shit ton of skum on Eevee that were going for cred but that is pretty much shot to shit at this point.
real good. That’s how

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: June 13, 2018, 04:32:28 am »

First paranoid thought that comes to mind is Skum has a "target player and have them announced the next day as skum" sort of thing.
And I mean I have not been playing as long as you guys... but does the mod ever like actually lie? I don't think that should be factored in too much probably.

Most likely Eevee is probably skum. Which is weird for me because I did like wayyyyy too much re read work last night coming up with conclusions that pretty much all just got kicked in the ass if that is true.

Mods don't actually lie unless it's a Bastard game, no. I was alluding more to the type of power you said there... I just don't know that it's a reasonable type power. I mean, Godfather turns Red to Green when copped - but that's specifically targeted and not publicly confirmed. I think a false public "confirmation" comes across as too close to mod lying.

I think if anything, Hydrad's suggestion of a Cop that exists that can target someone to have their alignment publicly announced is most likely. Maybe even-night only?
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #720 on: June 13, 2018, 04:33:40 am »

Good morning all!

My bet is that scum started the game with a bunch of nerf roles, one of which could easily have been "your alignment is announced at the start of D3".

Another nerf would have been being in a neighbourhood with a townie who'd know about it if they did the NK, because they'd vanish from the neighbourhood. My guess would be that whoever NKd Jimmmmm had the worst nerf of the lot, so went first with the role-switching.

Thinking along those lines, I'd guess that Eevee probably tried to make last night's kill and was thwarted somehow. Would be cool if he'd hit Jimmmmm's BPd person, for instance :-)

PPE ~5
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: June 13, 2018, 04:36:01 am »

Well now Galz is here so he can be included too I guess lol

But like... wtf with the wagon then yesterday if Eevee is skum?

I was kind of banking on TvT wagon and there was a shit ton of skum on Eevee that were going for cred but that is pretty much shot to shit at this point.

For me this is making me even more confident about my reads. Like I said before I wasn't super sure eevee was scum but I was doing some thinking around the fact if eevee was scum who do I think is scum. and now that hes all but confirmed it makes me feel better.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: June 13, 2018, 04:36:50 am »

Good morning all!

My bet is that scum started the game with a bunch of nerf roles, one of which could easily have been "your alignment is announced at the start of D3".

Another nerf would have been being in a neighbourhood with a townie who'd know about it if they did the NK, because they'd vanish from the neighbourhood. My guess would be that whoever NKd Jimmmmm had the worst nerf of the lot, so went first with the role-switching.

Thinking along those lines, I'd guess that Eevee probably tried to make last night's kill and was thwarted somehow. Would be cool if he'd hit Jimmmmm's BPd person, for instance :-)

PPE ~5

Is the "your role is announced" bit a common thing?
real good. That’s how

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: June 13, 2018, 04:37:12 am »

Good morning all!

PPE ~5

wow once again you guys are thinking of things I'm not even considering and making good points.

I guess I thought of scum roles nerfing themselves, but didn't expect on how they could work other then just being goons.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: June 13, 2018, 04:38:20 am »

Good morning all!

PPE ~5

Is the "your role is announced" bit a common thing?

I meant faction rather than role, I guess. Isn't that exactly how IC works?
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 50  All

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 21 queries.