Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 50  All

Author Topic: RMM48: Cancer Mafia (Game over)  (Read 122121 times)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
Re: RMM48: Cancer Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #500 on: June 06, 2018, 06:52:09 pm »

Kinda disagree with this. I don’t have very recent experience, I think there are things that are more pointing towards scumminess.

I'm the hedge master
Oh, you think hedging is your ally. But you merely adopted the hedge; I was born in it, moulded by it.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: June 06, 2018, 10:10:10 pm »

Sorry I'm not saying a lot. I noticed IDPTG has upped his game.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: June 07, 2018, 02:32:46 am »

DAMA I feel like I get what Hydrad is saying and that I did good things during the night. If that makes sense to hydrad he should let me know.

Ok i'll be honest I have no idea what this is trying to say. So no it does not make sense to me.

OHHH i am talking to datswan, nevermind hydrad.

I do not really agree with this in terms of "because to get his BP ability", just because I don't think a 1 shot BP is really like all that crazy strong - but whatever, not my primary point anyways. Main point would kind of the other side of what Galz pointed out about the Neighbor Changing or whatever.

I am just gonna get ahead of the questions here and say that "my pr is complicated" (or at least it is to me). Specifically, it leads me to believe it is possible that Skum!Neighbor may of had a PR that expires, or is forced to be used at an exact time.
Essentially what I am trying to say that if there was a situation last night where Skum!Nieghbor was "forced" to be the person to carry out the kill - then they would of had to kill Jim right?  I am saying this under the assumption they would be removed from the Neighborhood or whatever once that was no longer part of their PR.

Does that make sense? I just re read it and I feel like it follows.

So same to you datswan I think I get what you are saying and that I did good things during the night, if that makes sense let me know

So I am reading back and I missed this because of the Swan/Hydrad mix up.
and in a non-sarcastic way... your question is a little hard to follow here? What is it you were asking?
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: June 07, 2018, 02:34:59 am »

I don't think Neighbors should claim. If a town!Neighbor had something useful to say, they would have said it.

I agree with this concept, but also acting under the mindset that "they would of said it already" I think it is at least moderately odd to state the above.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: June 07, 2018, 02:47:14 am »

huh a jimmm kill? interesting. I wonder why they picked that?

Probably his neighbor is scum and he told them what his role was.

Who thinks that Town!Jim claimed their role in a Neighborhood thread?
real good. That’s how

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: June 07, 2018, 04:43:54 am »

huh a jimmm kill? interesting. I wonder why they picked that?

Probably his neighbor is scum and he told them what his role was.

Who thinks that Town!Jim claimed their role in a Neighborhood thread?

I think it's very unlikely that he'd have been killed for the bulletproofer side of his role, and very likely indeed that if the nieghbourhood has daychat, a scum neighbour would encourage one of his scum buddies to kill Jimmmmm for the daychat aspect, if the assumption here is that the neighbourhood has daychat.

Depending on the resolution order in the night, it might be that Jimmmmm felt that he was safe revealing the BP side if his role, if he thought he was guaranteed to be able to BP his top townread regardless of whether or not his neighbour(s) was/were scummy. I haven't tried quizzing faust over resolution order things yet, so if someone else wants to ask and then shoot down my supposition if they like :-)
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
  • Shuffle iT Username: IDontPlayThisGame
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: June 07, 2018, 07:36:59 am »

I don't think Neighbors should claim. If a town!Neighbor had something useful to say, they would have said it.

I agree with this concept, but also acting under the mindset that "they would of said it already" I think it is at least moderately odd to state the above.

How is it "moderately odd" to give my reasoning for a statement?

I agree with Space about Jim almost certainly not being killed for 1-shot BP. It doesn't seem that useful for scum if they're not certain there's a Vig. A mixed Neighborhood could be dangerous for scum in that it could turn into an interrogation where being widely townread in the main game doesn't matter since town can't come to their defense.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: June 07, 2018, 08:34:41 am »

Jimm was a total null factor yesterday. I think the wagon was actually fairly townie.

Lets go with sole pr related stuff then. For starters, I was targeted last night and I'll leave it there for now.

gkrieg also prodded mcmc about this. I'm not following this logic either.

If the wagon is townie, do you think that scum were trying to stay off wagon? So you think we'll find a higher percentage of scum in the pool of: Iguana, Awaclus, IDPTG, Robz than we will in the pool of EFHW, gkrieg13, Galzria, Hydrad, Eevee, DatSwan, SpaceAnemone?

I guess no, I don't think that. I guess it probably has something to do with the fact that I was the other wagon. So I don't think scum had a preference of pushing the lynch to lalight instead of me. Add the fact that the end of the wagon was due to being close to deadline and needing a lynch it's hard for me to find a scum motivation for joining the lalight wagon. Upon reflection it's not a great point.

Sorry, I'm tired and not really reading things right, what exactly does this say?  He doesn't think that scum were on the wagon, or he does think scum were on the wagon?

I am saying I don't think it is more likely to find scum off wagon then on wagon. I go on to explain why I made my original statement that the wagon was townie because I couldn't see a strong reason for scum to move off me and onto lalight, as well as the end of the wagon being necessary as deadline approached.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: June 07, 2018, 09:52:22 am »

The mcmc wagon seemed stalled to me, and it is very unlikely all the scum were on it. I think once the LL wagon got to be the same size scum would have been happy to jump on. They had lots of cover.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: June 07, 2018, 09:58:54 am »

Awaclus and Galzria have been prodded.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #510 on: June 07, 2018, 11:53:37 am »

sup
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: June 07, 2018, 12:51:28 pm »

I think it’s noteworthy that Awaclus isn’t voting me back, I’m not 100% but I don’t ever remember him reacting to suspicion like this before. It has usually escalated into a game long disagreement and multiple days of voting each other, so I could see why scumAwaclus would want to try to play it cool and hope it goes away. Especially if his role is important to his team.

Surprised to see Galzria prodded, I didn’t realize he hasn’t been posting. Earlier he had one Galzria-style analysis post I thought looked towny to me, but now that I think of it, it’s noteworthy I haven’t formed more of an opinion one way or another. I rarely read Galzria this null.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: June 07, 2018, 01:22:58 pm »

I think it’s noteworthy that Awaclus isn’t voting me back, I’m not 100% but I don’t ever remember him reacting to suspicion like this before. It has usually escalated into a game long disagreement and multiple days of voting each other, so I could see why scumAwaclus would want to try to play it cool and hope it goes away. Especially if his role is important to his team.

Surprised to see Galzria prodded, I didn’t realize he hasn’t been posting. Earlier he had one Galzria-style analysis post I thought looked towny to me, but now that I think of it, it’s noteworthy I haven’t formed more of an opinion one way or another. I rarely read Galzria this null.

Yeah, I'm off most of this week and "technically" have a bunch of free time - but yesterday was filled with getting to meet Katie Ledecky, Ryan Murphy and Cullen Jones (13 Olympic Medals combined) in an extremely closed event (DatSwan, Myself, and 3 of our students).

Today is DatSwan's birthday so we're headed to Napa for the day.

Tomorrow is "sit at home day and recover before the weekend" though... so no excuses for not being caught up by tomorrow!
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: June 07, 2018, 01:30:38 pm »

I will be pretty busy today and tomorrow.  Really want to give this a thorough reread soon.

vote: Mcmcsalot.  He still looks scummy from yesterday, but seems to have really dialed back today.  That kind of change within a game seems weird to me.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: June 07, 2018, 03:03:23 pm »

I will be pretty busy today and tomorrow.  Really want to give this a thorough reread soon.

vote: Mcmcsalot.  He still looks scummy from yesterday, but seems to have really dialed back today.  That kind of change within a game seems weird to me.
I thought he seemed more his usual self today. What do you mean by dialed back?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #515 on: June 07, 2018, 07:52:01 pm »

I can't be voting for you man, there's more important stuff to do. Which, as it turns out, I'm not doing, so let's fix that. Vote: mcmc
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #516 on: June 07, 2018, 07:53:37 pm »

By dialed back, he means that he seems more his usual self today.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: June 07, 2018, 10:38:17 pm »

itsa wagon time

Vote: mcmc
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: June 07, 2018, 11:26:48 pm »

When have you ever answered a question for someone else?

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: June 07, 2018, 11:51:03 pm »

I kinda feel like vote: Space is appropriate here. I get that LaLight and Space are friends, but their interaction towards the end of the day seemed a little too friendly. There's also the beginning of D2 where Space sought validation for hammering a mislynch. I don't know that town!Space would do that. I think set-up talk is NAI for Space since they definitely do it as town and it's not hard to emulate so I don't have anything further to say on that.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: June 08, 2018, 01:49:37 am »

I kinda feel like vote: Space is appropriate here. I get that LaLight and Space are friends, but their interaction towards the end of the day seemed a little too friendly. There's also the beginning of D2 where Space sought validation for hammering a mislynch. I don't know that town!Space would do that. I think set-up talk is NAI for Space since they definitely do it as town and it's not hard to emulate so I don't have anything further to say on that.

I had this same feeling on Space and LaLight. I thought the monologue before they voted seemed a little fake (sorry if it was totally real Space!)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #521 on: June 08, 2018, 03:09:19 am »

When have I ever not answered a question for someone else?

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: June 08, 2018, 08:12:29 am »

When have I ever not answered a question for someone else?

Are....are you serious?

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: June 08, 2018, 09:16:40 am »

Vote: gkrieg

Here's why.

I think both DatSwan and Hydrad are more likely town than scum. As in, I am townreading them right now based on my read of their play. Also, I think DatSwan's case has some merit, even though he didn't go into a lot of detail about it. Gkrieg's voting positions yesterday have feasible scum motivations.

But really, this is why I started to scumread gkrieg more and more.

If DatSwan is town, and Hydrad is town, and gkrieg is also town, then probably someone on a 4-person scum team would join the wagon and vote for gkrieg also to try to get the wagon going and get a mislynch.

However, if DatSwan is town, and Hydrad is town, and gkrieg is scum, I would expect it to go exactly as it did, with no one joining them and hoping that the wagon would dissipate. Now traction is all sort of moving to Awaclus/McMcsalot.

Scum are 4/12 players right now. The last time we had 4 scum with this few players, I was scum and we made the mistake of bussing and the whole game got impossible. Scum doesn't want to bus here, they want to mislynch a few times and win through sheer force of numbers.

Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: June 08, 2018, 09:17:07 am »

TLDR: gkrieg is scummy, and we should lynch him, and it has more to do with Hydrad/DatSwan being towny than anything. Let's discuss this and not lynch McMc.

@Hydrad, you should switch back, you had it right the first time, we can sort McMc later.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 50  All

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 20 queries.