Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 28  All

Author Topic: Mafia 116: The Magicians Mafia (TOWN WINS!)  (Read 79598 times)

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 116: The Magicians Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #375 on: May 14, 2018, 09:54:48 pm »

Never been a vig before.

me neither. been vigged plenty though

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (΄。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: Mafia 116: The Magicians Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #376 on: May 15, 2018, 12:41:43 am »

Aha, that's different! 14 hours ahead of forum time, yes?

I'm in Tokyo; 13 hours ahead of forum time.

Can we stop using forum time as a timezone? I never have any idea what it is and I can't even google it.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: May 15, 2018, 12:53:00 am »

Can we stop using forum time as a timezone? I never have any idea what it is and I can't even google it.

Anything to say about your dead wrong read on faust?
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (΄。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #378 on: May 15, 2018, 01:11:18 am »

Anything to say about your dead wrong read on faust?

I didn't expect faust to make a logically incoherent argument as town. Simple as that.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: May 15, 2018, 04:36:12 am »

You were also on Jimmmmm yesterday, right up to point that you switched to the Raptor mislynch. Is this just a continuation of yesterday's tunnel at all?

This is not at all true, I don't think I expressed any opinion on Jimm whatsoever until just now. What on earth are you talking about?

Um. Yeah, I have no idea! That's a bit worrying :-/

I remember updating my rolling record of voting states, re-reading early D2, scrolling back to see what the history of votes on Jimmmmm was, and and noticing that you'd been on him a lot early D1. Right now, that's not what my voting state summary says at all, so I'm terribly confused. I guess I was more in need of sleep than I'd realised. Apologies!!
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: May 15, 2018, 04:50:16 am »

I like "forum time" because a) it's used by most mods to dictate deadlines; and b) it's exactly the time shown by the clock in the top right of the webpage page. So that's why I keep using it. For me, referencing everything to the frame of time the game is actually running in makes the most sense, because it requires the fewest extra calculations.

Having mods state deadlines in a more European timezone like UTC would highlight the fact that most of the deadlines are infeasible for Europeans who need to be awake for usual work hours, so I could get behind that plan to a certain extent :-) Not sure it's going to get support from the vast US contingent, or out friends in the far east/south.

Personally, I find UTC weird because it's sometimes my timezone and sometimes not.. I don't know what proportion of players live somewhere where the clocks change for summer/winter, but if it's most of us, then that's an argument for picking a clock in a place where it's the same time of day at the same reference time as consistently as possible. Forum time shifts back and forth an hour slightly out of synch with the UK, but only by a week or two.
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (΄。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #381 on: May 15, 2018, 07:09:59 am »

I like "forum time" because a) it's used by most mods to dictate deadlines; and b) it's exactly the time shown by the clock in the top right of the webpage page. So that's why I keep using it. For me, referencing everything to the frame of time the game is actually running in makes the most sense, because it requires the fewest extra calculations.
a) Can most mods also stop using it to dictate deadlines because I never have any idea what time deadlines are; and b) no, the time shown by the clock in the top right of the webpage is my own timezone, not "forum time".

The forum also has a pretty useful feature that lets you post the time in your own timezone and it will then display it for everyone else in their own respective timezones. I don't know why people don't use it.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: May 15, 2018, 02:06:02 pm »

a) Can most mods also stop using it to dictate deadlines because I never have any idea what time deadlines are; and b) no, the time shown by the clock in the top right of the webpage is my own timezone, not "forum time".

The forum also has a pretty useful feature that lets you post the time in your own timezone and it will then display it for everyone else in their own respective timezones. I don't know why people don't use it.

If you go to your profile, under "Look and Layout" there's a time offset option. I left mine set to zero, and presumably that's why it defaults to displaying forum time. Perhaps if you play around on there then you'll find a way to make it display forum time for you, given that you're presumably already posting from a device capable of telling you what your local time is so it's redundant to have f.ds just tell you your own time...

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: May 15, 2018, 02:12:04 pm »

anyways I like

Vote: e for now.

You, e and Robz are in a little triangle of voting each other. What's your read on Robz?

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: May 15, 2018, 02:16:24 pm »

Gah, my vote counter sucks in this game. It doesn't get Robz's Jimmmmm vote either, so I'm just going by mod vote counts till I have free time to fix it :-(

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (΄。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #385 on: May 15, 2018, 03:05:15 pm »

If you go to your profile, under "Look and Layout" there's a time offset option. I left mine set to zero, and presumably that's why it defaults to displaying forum time. Perhaps if you play around on there then you'll find a way to make it display forum time for you, given that you're presumably already posting from a device capable of telling you what your local time is so it's redundant to have f.ds just tell you your own time...

I don't care about the time in the top right corner, I care about posting timestamps, which also depend on that setting.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: May 15, 2018, 03:12:33 pm »

Feels really slow. I will try to elaborate on a robz case later
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: May 15, 2018, 03:24:56 pm »

anyways I like

You, e and Robz are in a little triangle of voting each other. What's your read on Robz?

We are NOT in a voting triangle, I am voting for Jimmm, as everyone else should be. Stop *clapping emoji* erasing *clapping emoji* my lived *clapping emoji* experience *clapping emoji* !

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: May 15, 2018, 04:45:28 pm »

anyways I like

We are NOT in a voting triangle, I am voting for Jimmm, as everyone else should be. Stop *clapping emoji* erasing *clapping emoji* my lived *clapping emoji* experience *clapping emoji* !

Robz seems fairly excited about something. I can't quite figure it out
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: May 15, 2018, 04:54:25 pm »

anyways I like

You're voting Jimmmmm, Jimmmmm's voting e, and e's voting you, which is a triangle. My post would have been totally accurate had I not clicked "reply" on the wrong message because Hydrad and Jimmmmm have such similar-looking icons and the posts were right next to each other. So on the plus side, I can work out where my error came from. On the minus side, I do seem to be erasing your lived experience, for which I apologise again :-(

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: May 15, 2018, 04:58:18 pm »

anyways I like

Robz seems fairly excited about something. I can't quite figure it out

It appears to be the 1996 action-thriller Eraser. Schwarzenegger's performance was certainly applause-worthy.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: May 15, 2018, 05:01:45 pm »

@Jimmmmm, you're the one whose opinion of Robz I was actually asking for.

Though Hydrad and PPS, you're also on e, so I guess I'm interested in your answers too. I recall that Robz wasn't one of PPS's hypothesized scumteam, but I can also guarantee that at he can't be 100% certain of thoat set because at least one of them is wrong.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: May 15, 2018, 05:11:51 pm »

It appears to be the 1996 action-thriller Eraser. Schwarzenegger's performance was certainly applause-worthy.

While you're here, how about some reads? :-)

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: May 15, 2018, 06:35:24 pm »

While you're here, how about some reads? :-)

I kinda don’t have any. But you seem townie for asking. So I have one I guess.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: May 15, 2018, 08:28:07 pm »

That was a fast little wagon there started by hydrad hedgemaster. "I will vote e for now to see how it goes, but I have other options in case people don't like that wagon"

Don't worry hydrad, looks like you have a winner with my wagon.

bahahaha. ya it was kinda surprising how that took off.

Don't worry I'm just waiting for a tiny bit more before I talk about my other read. probably later tonight I will. Sorry I,m not doing it right away but there is a reason that I hope people will understand.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: May 15, 2018, 08:29:32 pm »

although theres another person who I think might be scummy but I'm going to think about it for a bit more before I make an accusation.

This is almost as helpful as PPS's super "I know something you don't know" post from D1, and you saw how well that went down. What are you hoping to achieve by signalling that you have thoughts you're just not willing to share?

Sorry. ya maybe I shouldn't have said anything until I decided to talk about it. I'll talk about it really soon though.

plus conversation right? that can't be bad I hope.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: May 15, 2018, 08:30:45 pm »

i'm In US timezone... but my schedule is pretty ever changing right now...

as I kinda sometimes stay up all night. So my times are pretty random.

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: May 15, 2018, 09:47:43 pm »

vote: jimmmmm

I like the Robz sheep here

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: May 15, 2018, 09:50:56 pm »

A smart town vig would not have shot last night.

I agree with this part.

So normally I would agree with you, but as he essentially "claimed the role" - wouldn't PPS assume they were going to be the Target of the NK last night?
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: May 15, 2018, 09:54:32 pm »

A smart town vig would not have shot last night.

I agree with this part.

So normally I would agree with you, but as he essentially "claimed the role" - wouldn't PPS assume they were going to be the Target of the NK last night?

It's not really the most threatening PR for scum.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 28  All

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 16 queries.