Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 28  All

Author Topic: Mafia 116: The Magicians Mafia (TOWN WINS!)  (Read 79597 times)

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 116: The Magicians Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #350 on: May 13, 2018, 11:28:07 pm »

well my inability to read faust continues, because I was ending yesterday leaning on a skummy vibe.
more importantly,

1) Station 1 is taken
2) Strong man could be in barracks (note in case skum got it)
3) We... really... like really need to look into the PPS claim thing. If he was Town Vig I assume he would of shot last night right?
4) the fact there is no IC post means that there is no D2 IC - correct?

it is skummy because you disagree Station 1 is taken?
or... because I felt the need to point out Strong Man?
or... because (gonna ask Robz on clarification for PPS thing, but aside that) my PPS read?
or... because I wanted to clarify the IC thing?
Scum-like post.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: May 14, 2018, 12:36:06 am »

Reasons: His high level of activity relative to usual Jimmmm, his series of late day posts where he tried to have very well-thought out, subtle and sophisticated opinions on everyone, and also the fact that his vote was one of the most critical in guaranteeing a lynch of Raptor, who looked very much like town by the end.

But the main thing is a gut feeling I can't shake.

I didn't get this feeling from end of day jimmmmm at all. I think he went to sleep, woke up before the deadline, voted somewhere to help ensure a lynch.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: May 14, 2018, 12:40:49 am »

And yes, by the few hours it was starting to feel like raptor was town with everything that you (robz) pointed out, but we kind of shot our self in the foot with the level of activity,  of which I am one of the primary culprits.

Getting a lynch is always better than no lynch D1, but I do think we need to look on wagon for the lynch today. Raptor was a very comfortable place for scum to hang out at
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: May 14, 2018, 12:42:50 am »

And speaking of hanging out on the raptor wagon, vote: Robz

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #354 on: May 14, 2018, 03:35:46 am »

Also, while it may be a large pool, I like the idea of looking more closely at [schadd, Awaclus, WW, PPS] in regards to a lynch pool. This is acting under the assumption that there was not all 3 skum on the wagon.

If 2 scum were on the wagon, and 1 scum is in your pool (which conveniently excludes yourself), lynching from the wagon is still way better odds than lynching out of that pool.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: May 14, 2018, 04:08:52 am »

Also, while it may be a large pool, I like the idea of looking more closely at [schadd, Awaclus, WW, PPS] in regards to a lynch pool. This is acting under the assumption that there was not all 3 skum on the wagon.

If 2 scum were on the wagon, and 1 scum is in your pool (which conveniently excludes yourself), lynching from the wagon is still way better odds than lynching out of that pool.

You would be an excellent poker player.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: May 14, 2018, 05:00:01 am »

welp this is why I never try to lynch faust. scum just kills him if hes town.

I feel bad for him though that this keep happening to him.

anyways I like

Vote: e for now.

although theres another person who I think might be scummy but I'm going to think about it for a bit more before I make an accusation.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: May 14, 2018, 06:12:06 am »

Robz is town. Meanwhile the scum team is e, space, and probably Datswan.

I can do the Vote: e thing, though.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: May 14, 2018, 06:31:35 am »

Happy to Vote: e

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: May 14, 2018, 08:25:30 am »

well my inability to read faust continues, because I was ending yesterday leaning on a skummy vibe.
more importantly,

1) Station 1 is taken
3) We... really... like really need to look into the PPS claim thing. If he was Town Vig I assume he would of shot last night right?

it is skummy because you disagree Station 1 is taken?
or... because I felt the need to point out Strong Man?
or... because (gonna ask Robz on clarification for PPS thing, but aside that) my PPS read?
or... because I wanted to clarify the IC thing?
Scum-like post.

Why do you need to know?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: May 14, 2018, 08:26:33 am »

Robz is town. Meanwhile the scum team is e, space, and probably Datswan.

I can do the Vote: e thing, though.

*peers inquisitively*

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: May 14, 2018, 09:16:57 am »

That was a fast little wagon there started by hydrad hedgemaster. "I will vote e for now to see how it goes, but I have other options in case people don't like that wagon"

Don't worry hydrad, looks like you have a winner with my wagon.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: May 14, 2018, 09:18:31 am »

Also, why are we voting me? Because I was on wagon and inactive yesterday? I mean, that's a perfectly good reason to vote for me, I just want to know if there is anything else

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: May 14, 2018, 09:22:08 am »

more importantly,

1) Station 1 is taken

1/2) ninja could have been picked up in the barracks (however unlikely), and talk about what is/isnt in the barracks is probably best saved for any potential claiming we might do

3) Vigs shouldn't shoot. Town 101. It is super fun to shoot, but it really shouldn't happen N1.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: May 14, 2018, 06:03:06 pm »

Vote Count 2.1

Jimmmmm (1): Robz888
Robz888 (1): 2.71828...
2.71828... (3): Hydrad, pingpongsam, Jimmmmm

Not Voting (6): DatSwan, Witherweaver, schadd, Cuzz, Awaclus, SpaceAnemone

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. Day 2 lasts until Sunday May 20 at 9 PM.

Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: May 14, 2018, 06:50:15 pm »

A smart town vig would not have shot last night.

I agree with this part.

So I actually did some re-reading last night--can you believe it? I'm trying as town, wow!--and I came away utterly convinced Jimmm is scum. Vote: Jimmmm

You were also on Jimmmmm yesterday, right up to point that you switched to the Raptor mislynch. Is this just a continuation of yesterday's tunnel at all?
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: May 14, 2018, 06:52:30 pm »

Reasons: His high level of activity relative to usual Jimmmm, his series of late day posts where he tried to have very well-thought out, subtle and sophisticated opinions on everyone, and also the fact that his vote was one of the most critical in guaranteeing a lynch of Raptor, who looked very much like town by the end.

I didn't get this feeling from end of day jimmmmm at all. I think he went to sleep, woke up before the deadline, voted somewhere to help ensure a lynch.

What timezone is Jimmmmm in? Or rather, what time was the deadline in Jimmmmm-land?
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: May 14, 2018, 06:54:35 pm »

although theres another person who I think might be scummy but I'm going to think about it for a bit more before I make an accusation.

This is almost as helpful as PPS's super "I know something you don't know" post from D1, and you saw how well that went down. What are you hoping to achieve by signalling that you have thoughts you're just not willing to share?

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: May 14, 2018, 06:57:35 pm »

more importantly,

1) Station 1 is taken

1/2) ninja could have been picked up in the barracks (however unlikely), and talk about what is/isnt in the barracks is probably best saved for any potential claiming we might do

3) Vigs shouldn't shoot. Town 101. It is super fun to shoot, but it really shouldn't happen N1.

Yes, vigs shouldn't shoot, but I guess Swan's assumption is more about whether vig!PPS would shoot, and that's not the same thing at all.

@PPS, do you have any games around here were you were vig so we can see how much restraint you typically show in holding your shot?

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: May 14, 2018, 07:06:18 pm »

What timezone is Jimmmmm in? Or rather, what time was the deadline in Jimmmmm-land?

I'm in Melbourne (UTC + 10). The deadline was at 11am I think.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: May 14, 2018, 07:07:08 pm »

Oh and I was up at like 3am trying to get some rereads done.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: May 14, 2018, 07:16:43 pm »

Aha, that's different! 14 hours ahead of forum time, yes? My train of thought had been that it was a funny suggestion of e's that you could have gone to sleep and woken up before deadline, but I guess if you're in a radically different timezone and also up at all hours then you're just unpredictable :-P

Anyone else in non-US timezones, apart from me, faust and Awaclus in Europe? It could be kind of relevant if we're looking at finger-pointing around deadline timings.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 116: The Magicians Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #372 on: May 14, 2018, 07:26:10 pm »

I'm in Tokyo; 13 hours ahead of forum time.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: May 14, 2018, 08:06:14 pm »

You were also on Jimmmmm yesterday, right up to point that you switched to the Raptor mislynch. Is this just a continuation of yesterday's tunnel at all?

This is not at all true, I don't think I expressed any opinion on Jimm whatsoever until just now. What on earth are you talking about?
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 116: The Magicians Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #374 on: May 14, 2018, 08:54:32 pm »

Never been a vig before.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 28  All

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 16 queries.