Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 99  All

Author Topic: RMM48: Falling Skies Mafia (Game Over)  (Read 250751 times)

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
Re: RMM48: Falling Skies Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #325 on: July 25, 2019, 01:10:06 pm »

Hey EFHW, you seem to be scumreading Galzria, but you're not voting. Want to make a wagon?
I've been considering it. I need to decide about MiX first, since he is also on that wagon. Then joth raised the Space question, and I've been pondering that as well.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: July 25, 2019, 03:49:09 pm »

Swan gets the setup wrong Every. Single. Time. and it's crazy to what lenghts he goes to do this. No, players thay don't know the flavor don't need to know anyone else's number but their own, because when others flip, they can publically ask how towny that flavor was to everyone else.

OK I see your point - However, to make it clear that is not me "messing up the set up". I just think there is more value in the number system than others seem to believe.

Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: July 25, 2019, 03:50:54 pm »

Ok. 
# Claims:
1. pps, ADK have their numbers out there.  I think they both are town, not necessarily connected ideas.
2. faust makes classic faust-questions here; good on him
3. Glooble's response looks the worst.  #119: too polished; too reasonable; too non-specific; too something.

Items:
1. Boooo DatSwan
2. DatSwan brings up items, faust tries to shut it down (pro-move)
3. Almost everybody does, except Didds (boo) and pps (town).
4. DatSwan agrees with faust
This seems very much like a bad subject of discussion.
I agree with Faust on this one.
5. Dude, YOU brought it up, and YOU made the massive post about what types of items might exist.

Pubby:
1. he's town
2. who's voted for him? Faust and E, although not scummily
3. but who's talking about it? Mostly WCD it seems.  With A LOT of "feels weird" "seems off" "very strange".  That's scummy

lurkers:
1. I'm VERY interested in hearing what non-sick-related case you have on me.
DIDDS: What's your shraeye case? I wanna hear it.
And I have no reason to believe he isn't feeling well (what he said yesterday, I think)

You don't believe him?

I believe him.
2. seriously?
another somewhat lurker I'd like to take a look at is gkreig.

Glooble:
1. he's scum
2. #119 is bad
3. #166 is bad
4. #259 is bad
5. Too much polish and precision
6. The vote/unvote on MiX is also just tooooooo self-conscious

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: July 25, 2019, 03:54:57 pm »

My disagree list:
I think it's entirely reasonable, knowing nothing about pubby, to assume that it could be a rookie attempt at number-fishing by scum, yes.
I think it's entirely unreasonable.

But Galz is scummier...I think. Yeah.
whyyyyyy?  Because he said the words "PR"??  That's just silly.  Galz did a big-ol'-I'm-town analysis of a thing; you took the wrongest conclusion from it all

(Quote of Galz's wall post)

Galzria is scum for focusing on PRs too much. But where's the fun in voting scum early? All it does is give them a chance to look townie... looking at you, gkrieg!

I was puzzled by all the effort galz put into the number question.

I've noticed that you often seem to postpone pursuing your scumreads.
See above; town-Galz does this.

towny vibe on Glooble this game
check your vibe-o-meter.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: July 25, 2019, 03:57:55 pm »

My agree list:

I'm against number claiming. Giving ADK townpoints, though.

So, what do you make of it, faust? Is it really just a bad joke?
Probably. The reactions to it have definitely been more enlightening than the thing itself.

Folks who know the flavor....Swan, EFHW, or anyone else...what kind of artifacts might we we be dealing with? I’ve never played in an Asher game, but in Joth’s game the objects were plentiful and (mostly) useful.
This seems very much like a bad subject of discussion.

Quotes take forever and I'm tired of them

GLOOBLE: Yes, you never lynch me day 1, it's proof I've improved since my first game.

GALZRIA: You talk about PRs a lot: I'm pretty sure flavor roles are much more than indicators of what powers they have. You know who would like to hide that information? Scum.

DIDDS: What's your shraeye case? I wanna hear it.

I’ve spoken almost nothing of PR’s. I’ve spoken exactly nothing about flavor names. The only thing related to which I’ve spoken is flavor scores - and in relation to how effective knowing them MIGHT help guide our PR’s to be most effective at night. A post made only because it was asked directly of me to elucidate on possible upsides after I stated that I hadn’t really had the time to think about it one way or another. That is the only post on any part of the subject that I have made thus far. Your characterization that I’m highly focused on this subject, or talk about it a lot, is simply untrue. Much like your mid-characterizations of a number of people thus far. Hence why I’m more than happy to lynch you.

All of this. Mix does seem to be trying spread scumFUD as wide as possible.

More to the point Vote: Mix

I think I want to vote: Space

They feel off this game. And they’re exhibiting a sometimes-valid scumtell: over-explaining/defending all their actions.
That is just a Space tell.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: July 25, 2019, 04:02:49 pm »

That being said, the wagon did build pretty quickly. I'll unvote for now. But I'm not sold on Space.

Building fast is not the thing. Hanging at the end and not being able to push through is the thing. Garnering early suspicion D1 to see it dissipate and never return is common and easy to exploit. Speaking of exploiting, I'm even more suspicious of those who would run up the wagon and then jump off as it does the early suspicion trick and accomplishes vote distancing between partners at the same time. As I recall, Mix opened the game voting joth which he then leverages the lack of joth's reaction to say joth must be town. Glooble's opening interactions were around Mix as well. Scum team identified?
It is entirely possible that you are right. 

MiX is machine gunning suspicion, snap-OMGUS-voted Galz and Awaclus, and is hella suspicious based on interactions from Glooble. 
Joth (scummy in his own way) trying to say there can't be a MiX/Glooble link is in no way convincing.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #331 on: July 25, 2019, 04:08:57 pm »

Glooble:
1. he's scum
2. #119 is bad
3. #166 is bad
4. #259 is bad

All three of those posts are heartbnreaking works of staggering genius and you're just jealous you didn't make them yourself.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: July 25, 2019, 04:18:21 pm »

nice reference

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #333 on: July 25, 2019, 04:21:45 pm »

I have read, and reread a couple of times. I guess I kind of picked up on some possible coordination between Datswan and Galz. MiX seems towny enough. I think Pubby knows something he isn’t posting but I don’t get scum vibes at all. Overall it seems like everyone has logical thoughts about the setup that mirror my own. I am expecting multi faction and likely multi ball even if limited to one shots like vigs or pgos. I skimmed some wiki and there are a ton of possible moving parts. I am willing to confirm knowledge of an item that exists in the game that I could make use of but do not currently have in my possession. I am not willing to name the item at this time.

I'm actually going to vote:pps for two reasons. 1, the post above is scummy - duh pubby knows something he isn't posting, it's a role madness game, we all do, plus pubby's post 128 confirms it. This whole post has "trying to say something so I don't end up the lurker lynch without actually saying anything useful" written all over it.

2. He is calling scum teams left and right. Swan/Galz above. Swan/Mix in 280. faust/Swan in 281. me/ MiX/ joth in 317. Is this normal pps behavior? Seems like throwing stuff against the wall to see what sticks to me.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: July 25, 2019, 04:36:18 pm »

that was sure a lot of words from shraeye. want to give us a TL;DR?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: July 25, 2019, 04:37:56 pm »

Joth (scummy in his own way) trying to say there can't be a MiX/Glooble link is in no way convincing.

You know, I'd rather not be scummy. But if I'm going to be scummy, I'm glad I'm scummy in my own way.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: July 25, 2019, 04:49:51 pm »

2. He is calling scum teams left and right. Swan/Galz above. Swan/Mix in 280. faust/Swan in 281. me/ MiX/ joth in 317. Is this normal pps behavior? Seems like throwing stuff against the wall to see what sticks to me.

Yes, calling scum teams D1 is my thing regardless of alignment. I don't recall implicating Galzria, though.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: July 25, 2019, 04:52:39 pm »

Yes, calling scum teams D1 is my thing regardless of alignment. I don't recall implicating Galzria, though.

Oh, right, gotcha. Coordination doesn't mean scum, dude. Considering the number of players and source material I am betting on multiple factions some of which may be more or less town aligned. My implication there was that the two seemed to be of the same accord, not necessarily that they were scummy. I suppose my intro to that post was that I was putting in substantially more effort than the last game and that I had studied up enough to feel confident opening discussion about items.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: July 25, 2019, 05:16:09 pm »

Shraeye is town for not voting Glooble. The scummiest person right now is.....

No one! But EFHW needs some heat.

Vote: EFHW. Who wants to make a grand Glooble case?

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: July 25, 2019, 05:28:38 pm »

Shraeye!  Welcome back, we have missed you.  I hope that you are feeling better.

Glooble, the heartbreaking work of staggering genius reference was amaze. +3

Faust, no one should have to pay that much for conference food, ever.  I am convinced everyone stays in Switzerland for exactly as long as they have to before fleeing its beautiful lands for less costly ones, unless they earn Switzerland money, in which case they might stay marginally longer.

I agree with many of Shraeye's agrees and disagrees, but I am not sure I see much point in it yet (which is fair, I think, if he is just catching up and/or on cold medicine) but it is interesting to notice how closely he is tracking with faust.  I am not yet swayed by the not-MiX crowd, and I am not at all sure about the quality of Glooble's pps vote, although I don't find Glooble particularly scummy for making it.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: July 25, 2019, 09:27:00 pm »

Vote Count 1.6:

MiX (5): Awaclus, WCD, pubby, PPS, Space
pubby (1): 2.7
Galzria (1): faust
faust (1): Galzria
Space (1): joth
2.7 (1) ADK
PPS (1): Glooble
EFHW (1): MiX

Not Voting (4): Datswan, EFHW, gkrieg, shraeye

With 16 alive, it takes 9 to lynch.  Day 1 ends at 6:00 a.m. on July 31.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: July 25, 2019, 09:28:14 pm »

I have read, and reread a couple of times. I guess I kind of picked up on some possible coordination between Datswan and Galz. MiX seems towny enough. I think Pubby knows something he isn’t posting but I don’t get scum vibes at all. Overall it seems like everyone has logical thoughts about the setup that mirror my own. I am expecting multi faction and likely multi ball even if limited to one shots like vigs or pgos. I skimmed some wiki and there are a ton of possible moving parts. I am willing to confirm knowledge of an item that exists in the game that I could make use of but do not currently have in my possession. I am not willing to name the item at this time.

I'm actually going to vote:pps for two reasons. 1, the post above is scummy - duh pubby knows something he isn't posting, it's a role madness game, we all do, plus pubby's post 128 confirms it. This whole post has "trying to say something so I don't end up the lurker lynch without actually saying anything useful" written all over it.

I counted this vote (and will always count them if I see them), but in general, please watch the spaces.  Also, if players could not embed votes within paragraphs, that makes my life easier.

Thanks.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: July 26, 2019, 12:29:10 am »

Shraeye's posts are great. Not lynching today
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: July 26, 2019, 03:07:38 am »

Good to see shraeye here. However, stop agreeing with me so much. It's irritating, I'm supposed to fight you.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: July 26, 2019, 03:08:01 am »

Shraeye's posts are great. Not lynching today
Do you have anything else to add?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: July 26, 2019, 03:11:40 am »

Look at the vote count. This is not going anywhere unless you give some reason for why we should vote EFHW. And if you're not prepared to do that, please put your vote somewhere more useful.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: July 26, 2019, 03:13:34 am »

Look at the vote count. This is not going anywhere unless you give some reason for why we should vote EFHW. And if you're not prepared to do that, please put your vote somewhere more useful.

There is no better vote. I'm with E now.

Unvote

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: July 26, 2019, 03:23:35 am »

It's not like unvoting is going to improve the situation.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: July 26, 2019, 04:33:16 am »

Eh I’m sad that no one is voting me right now. My flight got delayed (originally they said I wouldn’t get home until Sunday...) so I may be V/LA a little longer. I have not been keeping up very well but shraeyes posts gave me a little taste of how the game has been going. E’s post seems like something he did as scum in the last game so vote: e

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: July 26, 2019, 08:56:40 am »

Shraeye is town for not voting Glooble. The scummiest person right now is.....

You kidding? I need AC!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 99  All

Page created in 1.873 seconds with 20 queries.