Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 99  All

Author Topic: RMM48: Falling Skies Mafia (Game Over)  (Read 247337 times)

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
Re: RMM48: Falling Skies Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #150 on: July 21, 2019, 11:04:12 pm »

I have 0 knowledge of the show, but am inclined to agree with Swan that there’s almost certainly more than two base win cons in play. I’ve no idea if that means Survivor, Second Scum faction, SK, Cult or whatever though.

I’m not as convinced by his argument for not number claiming, though I’m neither convinced by the arguments that we should do. Mainly I feel the people arguing for fit into the group that I would expect to argue for. Swan being against so early seems a little out of character for him? I dunno. Maybe not.

I mean - i am open to being wrong on the number part. What upside can you math out for doing it?

I honestly haven’t had the time or energy to think about it - you know what my weekends been like lol.

Really my point was that reading arguments made thus far both for and against, I haven’t been moved either way.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 22, 2019, 01:22:18 am »

Right now I'm pinning SpaceAnemone at about a 4 on the flavor rating and joth at a 6. Not expecting to change my mind.

This is bizarrely specific. What exactly are you basing this on?

I had exactly the same thought. Between the “ally” claim and putting exact values on folks...it’s not a good look.
How does it look bad?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 22, 2019, 01:39:13 am »

I'm on vacation until Tuesday.  See you then

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 22, 2019, 03:12:00 am »

I don’t hate the MiX votes, but, uhm, why?

And where, where where is DatSwan? Galz? Shraeye? Maybe they are having fun, summer weekends instead of roasting alive.  But I’m interested in hearing their take.

@Joth- yes! But only if older Rory is scum. By the end of the series she is literally the WORST, and the cheating in the reboot. Ugh.

SERIOUSLY though! I am gonna get a ton of shit from Galz for admitting this, but I did love me some Gilmore back in the day.

Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 22, 2019, 03:17:14 am »

Right now I'm pinning SpaceAnemone at about a 4 on the flavor rating and joth at a 6. Not expecting to change my mind.

I had exactly the same thought. Between the “ally” claim and putting exact values on folks...it’s not a good look.
How does it look bad?

Pubby gives very little reason for his camp votes and then sticks to them.
I agree with Galz interp in terms of it being NAI.
What is off is that this is not "very little reason". I mean, there is.. but also they assigned exact numerical values of skumminess to the players they mentioned.

Do you not think it looks bad?
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 22, 2019, 03:22:37 am »

I have 0 knowledge of the show, but am inclined to agree with Swan that there’s almost certainly more than two base win cons in play. I’ve no idea if that means Survivor, Second Scum faction, SK, Cult or whatever though.

I’m not as convinced by his argument for not number claiming, though I’m neither convinced by the arguments that we should do. Mainly I feel the people arguing for fit into the group that I would expect to argue for. Swan being against so early seems a little out of character for him? I dunno. Maybe not.

I mean - i am open to being wrong on the number part. What upside can you math out for doing it?

I honestly haven’t had the time or energy to think about it - you know what my weekends been like lol.

Really my point was that reading arguments made thus far both for and against, I haven’t been moved either way.

fair enough on the weekend point - I also generally disagree with Day 1 claim options, which is what struck me as odd that you brought it up as irregular.
real good. That’s how

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 22, 2019, 03:28:30 am »

How does it look bad?

Pubby gives very little reason for his camp votes and then sticks to them.
I agree with Galz interp in terms of it being NAI.
What is off is that this is not "very little reason". I mean, there is.. but also they assigned exact numerical values of skumminess to the players they mentioned.

Do you not think it looks bad?
I didn't ask you to answer, did I?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 22, 2019, 03:29:43 am »

Vote: DatSwan

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 22, 2019, 04:50:53 am »

I don’t love the idea of flavor number claiming. I don’t see how it could be good for town.

pubby

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 22, 2019, 08:41:07 am »

this was an absurdist joke based on last mafia (a bad joke apparently) I'm surprised so many people are analyzing what I said

I don't know anyone else's flavor number BTW. But maybe someone else does, or someone has an ability which can check? Eventually getting suspicious people to claim numbers could be useful... maybe? A mass claim of flavor ratings now seems like terrible idea though.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 22, 2019, 08:44:07 am »

That’s a pretty good joke.

We just don’t know you well enough to get it yet.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 22, 2019, 08:55:15 am »

How does it look bad?

I wouldn’t say bad. Just not good.

I thought the ally claim was weird. I thought the call out to other potential allies was even more strange. And then this post with exact numbers on Space and Joth... not numbers of scumminess, but the number of Ash’s sense of how scummy their flavor name would be...the specificity of it is quite odd. It seems to be announcing some kind of inside information to/about a small set of people and that seems sketch to me.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 22, 2019, 08:56:35 am »

PPE: I don’t get the joke (obviously)
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 22, 2019, 09:13:35 am »

That’s a pretty good joke.

We just don’t know you well enough to get it yet.

That is also my reaction. I have a feeling I'm gonna like this pubby fellow...you know, as soon as he gets solid reads and/or I correctly read him as scum.

PPE: I don’t get the joke (obviously)

I think you need to read M123 in non-mod eyes, I believe it set pubby's meta (and the return of pps, at least for me).

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 22, 2019, 09:21:43 am »

I thought the ally claim was weird. I thought the call out to other potential allies was even more strange.
I don't know what "weird" and "strange" mean in this context. Do you think it's more likely to come from scum or not?

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: July 22, 2019, 09:44:16 am »

this was an absurdist joke based on last mafia (a bad joke apparently) I'm surprised so many people are analyzing what I said

I don't know anyone else's flavor number BTW. But maybe someone else does, or someone has an ability which can check? Eventually getting suspicious people to claim numbers could be useful... maybe? A mass claim of flavor ratings now seems like terrible idea though.

I'm getting a townread on pubby from all this
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #166 on: July 22, 2019, 09:49:02 am »

Pubby has read the information in his QT, realized that some players are "allies", whatever that means, and obviously has reason to believe that making these players aware that he is also an ally is beneficial to his win condition.

It's easier for me to envision a scenario where town or third-party pubby does this than a scenario where scum!pubby does this, but I don't have enough information yet to rule anything out. If pubby is town, I trust him to have weighed the potential usefulness of scum knowing this vs. the potential usefulness of the relevant town player knowing this and judged the claim to be worth it.

If pubby is scum, who knows some town players are allies and wants to draw them out, I think he would have approached it differently. He doesn't seem to me to be pushing for a claim.

I don't see a huge amount of value in speculating about this beyond how it affects our reads of pubby.

PPE: ADK

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 22, 2019, 10:30:22 am »

We haven't played together before, have we? So I'm definitely an odd target to name in your joke.

You also must be very new to f.ds mafia if you don't expect overanalysis...

I do dislike that you appear to be flavour-number-fishing. I can't see how that's a pro-town thing to do on the whole...
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 22, 2019, 10:49:02 am »

vote: space
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 22, 2019, 10:56:43 am »

Vote: Space, I haven't seen a case as good as this one all game.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #170 on: July 22, 2019, 10:59:52 am »

I see what you did there.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 22, 2019, 11:01:45 am »

Why are people voting space?
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 22, 2019, 11:05:28 am »

A joke? All jokes are scummy.

But actually, this one is. Claiming numbers for people is a scummy technique for drawing out the actual numbers people have.

Vote: pubby
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 22, 2019, 11:11:50 am »

It wasn't a joke, by the way, I was almost going to vote for space when I saw ADK doing so.

Why are people voting space?

Pressure, sheeping and something that I want to see if ADK thought of first.

A joke? All jokes are scummy.

But actually, this one is. Claiming numbers for people is a scummy technique for drawing out the actual numbers people have.

Vote: pubby

Did it work at all? Do you believe scum!pubby would think this is a good way to do this? Do you think he would disguise it as a joke? I would answer "no" to all three, how about you?

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #174 on: July 22, 2019, 11:26:20 am »

It wasn't a joke, by the way, I was almost going to vote for space when I saw ADK doing so.

Oh, I thought you were saying "I haven't seen a case this good all game" referring to a nonexistent case, as if to say "All the cases that have been made all game are bad."

He/ Him

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 99  All

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 20 queries.