Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 70  All

Author Topic: M103: fleetwood mac (that's all for everyone)  (Read 163008 times)

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
Re: M103: fleetwood mac (day 3)
« Reply #1300 on: July 20, 2017, 07:13:52 am »

As for not getting listed, I don't think I can say anything valuable about that myself. You should feel free to analyze it, but anything I say about it becomes WIFOM, so there.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: July 20, 2017, 07:33:26 am »

Your efforts to make yourself town are totally pathetic compared to that huge Marvel Heroes AT dump. My standard for you is the guy who did the towniest thing that's ever been done.

Also, never give up is totally my motto  8) 8) 8)
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: July 20, 2017, 07:33:49 am »

QT*

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: July 20, 2017, 07:36:09 am »

Your efforts to make yourself town are totally pathetic compared to that huge Marvel Heroes AT dump. My standard for you is the guy who did the towniest thing that's ever been done.

Also, never give up is totally my motto  8) 8) 8)

Well yeah, and I'm not allowed to do that anymore. May I remind you that there's a reason I had to do that ? The reason being that I was being suspected, a lot. I was very close to being lynched in that game, multiple times.

It got harder to make myself obvtown once people got that I was able to be very protown as scum.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: July 20, 2017, 07:36:45 am »

Also I'm currently working on a big day 1 reread. Maybe that'll help.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1305 on: July 20, 2017, 09:22:56 am »

I understand iguanas line of questioning here on teproc, I just don't think it is the best target right now.

You guys have ignored J Reggie the first two days. Day 1 because he had v/la. D2 because he lurked.

I just don't see a scenario where he is town. My case on him really hasn't changed all that much since D1, but I am about to reread him in light of the flips. Won't take long
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: July 20, 2017, 09:24:43 am »

Sorry guys, I'm just too hazy to focus on a reread right now.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: July 20, 2017, 09:25:03 am »

I understand iguanas line of questioning here on teproc, I just don't think it is the best target right now.

You guys have ignored J Reggie the first two days. Day 1 because he had v/la. D2 because he lurked.

I just don't see a scenario where he is town. My case on him really hasn't changed all that much since D1, but I am about to reread him in light of the flips. Won't take long

I thought he was scum day 1. I now think pretty strongly he's town, and I disagree with your case. Specifically the very early day 1 stuff reads super town to me (haven't reread later days yet).

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: July 20, 2017, 09:28:47 am »

He only has like 1 post D2 and 1 post today
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: July 20, 2017, 09:46:31 am »

Ok.  J Reggie.  Lets revisit the case on him since it has been a little while.

1)  His plan.  There are a couple things that I don't like about it.  Usually I am all for plans and love them.  I actually ignored his plan and did not claim at all.  Yet, J Reggie had no follow up.  He had no commitment to his plan.  Looking at it now it feels more forced than genuine.  It feels like a town-cred grab (which is what Teproc is giving him).

2)  His voting history.  We can learn two things here.  First, he is not a partner with gkrieg
Also I just realized that everyone should be scum hunting in this game, which is kinda interesting.

This is the type of post scum makes to make you think they have a town mindset. Like a pseudo-faked-townslip.
I'm never really a fan of lynching Jake. Could we try vote: gkrieg?
Well, when I caught up I was pretty sure TWM was scum.  So much for that.  I guess I'll go back to vote: gkrieg with the intent to put together a good case tomorrow, when I'm more awake.

Second, he had a really terrible faust vote
Oh the sheepage. But it's actually a reasonable wagon this time. vote: Faust

He also voted Joseph once very early but that is not really relevant.  What is relevant is that he was altogether willing to join a mislynch wagon D1, but then stayed off the wagon D2 when the lynch actually went down.  D2 he was "around for emergency voting" to get a lynch through, but let town just lynch itself.  I think his position on the faust wagons (D1 and D2) is very scummy.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: July 20, 2017, 09:48:43 am »

oops, sorry, got my days confused.

faust was lynched later D1, not on D2

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: July 20, 2017, 09:49:12 am »

RR was the mislynch D2.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: July 20, 2017, 09:49:23 am »

The point is still valid

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: July 20, 2017, 09:57:34 am »

Ok.  J Reggie.  Lets revisit the case on him since it has been a little while.

1)  His plan.  There are a couple things that I don't like about it.  Usually I am all for plans and love them.  I actually ignored his plan and did not claim at all.  Yet, J Reggie had no follow up.  He had no commitment to his plan.  Looking at it now it feels more forced than genuine.  It feels like a town-cred grab (which is what Teproc is giving him).

2)  His voting history.  We can learn two things here.  First, he is not a partner with gkrieg
Also I just realized that everyone should be scum hunting in this game, which is kinda interesting.

This is the type of post scum makes to make you think they have a town mindset. Like a pseudo-faked-townslip.
I'm never really a fan of lynching Jake. Could we try vote: gkrieg?
Well, when I caught up I was pretty sure TWM was scum.  So much for that.  I guess I'll go back to vote: gkrieg with the intent to put together a good case tomorrow, when I'm more awake.

Second, he had a really terrible faust vote
Oh the sheepage. But it's actually a reasonable wagon this time. vote: Faust

He also voted Joseph once very early but that is not really relevant.  What is relevant is that he was altogether willing to join a mislynch wagon D1, but then stayed off the wagon D2 when the lynch actually went down.  D2 he was "around for emergency voting" to get a lynch through, but let town just lynch itself.  I think his position on the faust wagons (D1 and D2) is very scummy.

Ok, so the plan. I agree it's forced, of course it's forced. But town has to force the game to start somehow, and this felt to me like what JR was doing. The thing is, it was so transparently a nothing plan that I don't think scum would bother, they wouldn't expect to actually get towncred from it. Town, OTOH, will do anything that's pro-town, if they think of it. And I totally buy that town!JR thought he might be able to get something to work off from reactions to it.

The faust vote scummy I agree, but from what I understand he's a common mislynch (Robz said so at one point), so I chalked that up to his meta. I should probably go and check on that. I do remember him being scummy as town in Sherlock.

And I don't understand your later point ? He's scummy for being on-wagon day 1 and off-wagon day 2 ? Why is that scummy ?

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: July 20, 2017, 10:06:39 am »

yeah, the second point is weak, and I messed up when I wrote it out

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: July 20, 2017, 10:07:58 am »

In other news, I just reread Jake, and I really don't know if he is scum anymore.  I mean, his reads are SO TERRIBLE the entire game that he can't actually be scum, can he?  Anyway, if he is, werewolf, like I said.

I don't think that I support lynching him today though.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: M103: fleetwood mac (day 2)
« Reply #1316 on: July 20, 2017, 10:28:49 am »

Vote: RR

It looked very possible that RR was going to get lynched yesterday so it makes sense that scum would put him on the list to try to get him towncred. RR has also looked scummy today.

I definitely think Iguana and RR are town (Already sorta did but this list confirms).

One question:  Can you walk me through when on D2 you changed your mind on RR?

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: M103: fleetwood mac (Day 1)
« Reply #1317 on: July 20, 2017, 10:39:12 am »

Who are the first four again ?

I had said Jake, Faust, e, Robz.

Rereading Teproc I stumbled on this.  Iguana can't be 100% wrong here, can he?  So Jake has to be scum, right?

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: July 20, 2017, 10:41:35 am »

Let's do some Voltaire-style premature PoEing.

iguanaiguana: Towniest player, easily. Off the table.
RR: Sure. Didn't really respond to prods as much as I think town!RR does. Could lynch.
e: Nonchalant, which is town!e, but not overwhelmingly so... enough for day 1 though, I think. Tentatively off the table.
TWM: Vaguely scummy, but I'm not sure why. Could lynch.
Joseph: No idea, as he just always seems scummy to me. Would lynch over no lynch.
Robz: See above, conforming to his town!meta when it's not that profitable because he recently had a strong town-ish performance, off the table.
Eevee: Eh. I always think he's scum, but really I have no idea. Would lynch over no lynch.
gkrieg13: No clue. Don't remember his meta well either. Don't find the votes against him particularly convincing. Would lynch over no lynch.
J Reggie: Scummy. Would lynch.
Jake: Scum. Lynch !
faust: town!faust annoys me a lot more than scum!faust, so... off the table.
ashersky. Kinda scummy actually, because he has done nothing I remember aside from a half-hearted fakehammer. Would lynch.

Well, that was unhelpful. Turns out Voltaire-style PoE only works if you have a bunch of town reads.

PPE: It is ? Ugh. The impression I got from reading... M90 I think it was ? was of an active townie who didn't think too much about what he posts, not a lurker.

This is helpful.  Very townie from Teproc here looking back in light of flips

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: July 20, 2017, 10:41:53 am »

Rereading Teproc I stumbled on this.  Iguana can't be 100% wrong here, can he?  So Jake has to be scum, right?

Doesn't seem unreasonable that iguana had reads that bad. Although I do think Jake is scum.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1320 on: July 20, 2017, 10:49:10 am »

Not if they know they can get away with it (that's what happened with mail-mi in GoT and why it was on my mind, but certainly there are other examples, including any Awaclus scum win).

If it posts like scum, looks like scum, thinks like scum....might be scum.  Teproc has done none of that this entire game.  I actually have not been paying too much attention to Teproc at all, and I should have been.  He has had some great posts and thoughts.  Will not lynch today.  Town.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: July 20, 2017, 10:59:08 am »

At that point I had changed my mind on Jake already.  Also, yes, I can.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: July 20, 2017, 12:01:08 pm »

actually, lets lynch a werewolf.

That will make it easier.

vote: gkrieg

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: July 20, 2017, 01:15:43 pm »

Vote: Gkrieg

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: July 20, 2017, 01:52:25 pm »

actually, lets lynch a werewolf.

That will make it easier.

vote: gkrieg

I like how once again, people have talked about other people, then randomly come to the conclusion that I am scum.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 70  All

Page created in 1.848 seconds with 19 queries.