Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 44  All

Author Topic: RMM44: Firefly Mafia (Game over!)  (Read 114196 times)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
Re: RMM44: Firefly Mafia (D1)
« Reply #175 on: July 06, 2017, 07:02:03 pm »

SO it was scummy to call for people to vote... but you're intending to leave your vote on him ?

Any consideration to the fact that gkrieg didn't hesitate at all to claim Inara ?

Actually I was intending to get a reaction. Does Inara have to be town by necessity?

No.*  Your vote strikes me as scum taking a strong position of a contentious issue to appear town, through a "scum doesn't like to be overt" implied defense.

My read on Gkrieg isn't because of his flavor, but because of how he claimed.

*Well, if flavor is alignment indicative Inara should be town. But it could in theory be a safe fake claim for scum and there is no actual Inara to satisfy the condition.  Though typing that out now it occurs to me that such a situation makes it potentially unsafe. 

CheesyJelly

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 06, 2017, 07:06:21 pm »

We still can discuss. I think only scum would hammer before we've managed to discuss further.

Teproc: Voting for who you think scum is required zero conversation about who might be Captain.

Are votes like this within PPS's meta? It's so brazenly anti-town that I don't know what to make of it...

CheesyJelly

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 06, 2017, 07:07:14 pm »

Can we stop saying flavor indicates assignment. Set-up clearly states that two characters were chosen to be scum at random.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 06, 2017, 07:08:17 pm »

Guys, it's clearly stated in the setup that flavor is not indicative of alignment in any way. There are no fake claims.

The flavor names in the game are the names of the characters that form the permanent crew of Serenity in the TV series Firefly. Knowledge of the series will improve your game experience. Two of these have been randomly selected as mafia. Every player has exactly three special abilities. Some may be negative utility for their own faction.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 06, 2017, 07:10:33 pm »

We still can discuss. I think only scum would hammer before we've managed to discuss further.

Teproc: Voting for who you think scum is required zero conversation about who might be Captain.

Are votes like this within PPS's meta? It's so brazenly anti-town that I don't know what to make of it...

Well I'm curious what else you were getting alignment from then, besides gkrieg's claim, and you specifically mentioned thinking the captain was scummy.

Yes.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: July 06, 2017, 07:14:03 pm »

SO it was scummy to call for people to vote... but you're intending to leave your vote on him ?

Any consideration to the fact that gkrieg didn't hesitate at all to claim Inara ?

Actually I was intending to get a reaction. Does Inara have to be town by necessity?

No.*  Your vote strikes me as scum taking a strong position of a contentious issue to appear town, through a "scum doesn't like to be overt" implied defense.

Yet you seem to be unable to cast your vote on your oh so obvious scum read.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

CheesyJelly

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 06, 2017, 07:15:18 pm »

I think I have a read on who the captain is. I'm also slightly scum-reading that person as scum for unrelated reasons. You're right: MY vote might out who I suspect as Captain. I can hold off voting if we don't want to have that chat. But my suggestion in general doesn't require any role conversations.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 06, 2017, 07:17:32 pm »

Right, well I think if we do want to all vote for our scum reads, it seems inevitable that this type of stuff will have to come up, is all I'm saying.

CheesyJelly

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 06, 2017, 07:20:25 pm »

Right, well I think if we do want to all vote for our scum reads, it seems inevitable that this type of stuff will have to come up, is all I'm saying.
Sure. I mean role discussion are inevitable eventually anyway. I just don't see a reason to pass today without voting.

CheesyJelly

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 06, 2017, 07:24:33 pm »

Vote: LaLight

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 06, 2017, 07:29:49 pm »

I got your line of thinking outside one thing: why am I scummy?
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 06, 2017, 08:19:27 pm »

Can we stop saying flavor indicates assignment. Set-up clearly states that two characters were chosen to be scum at random.

I missed this part.  Thanks.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 07, 2017, 12:58:48 am »

Voting me was scummy.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 07, 2017, 02:11:06 am »

Vote Count 1.5

ashersky (1): LaLight
LaLight (1): CheesyJelly

Not Voting (7): Teproc, Awaclus, Witherweaver, gkrieg13, pingpongsam, 2.71828....

Mission proposal: Awaclus, gkrieg13, CheesyJelly

Accept (4): LaLight, gkrieg13, pingpongsam, Awaclus
Refuse (0)

Not Voting (5): Teproc, Witherweaver, ashersky, 2.71828....., CheesyJelly

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch or to approve a mission. Day 1 last until Friday, July 14, 7:30 am forum time.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

CheesyJelly

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 07, 2017, 03:42:24 am »

I haven't liked the way you've played so far. You dropped a ton of theory and then posted very little. I get a sense that you're trying to look helpful and townie whilst subtly pushing a strategy beneficial for you. Your dismissal of contraband has me suspicious, and makes me wonder if it's bad for you in some way. And I can't see anything to back up a vote against ashersky.

CheesyJelly

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 07, 2017, 03:43:44 am »

Damn. That'll teach me to try to post from my phone. I'll reply fully soon, can't face typing it out on my phone again.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 07, 2017, 03:51:33 am »

I haven't liked the way you've played so far. You dropped a ton of theory and then posted very little. I get a sense that you're trying to look helpful and townie whilst subtly pushing a strategy beneficial for you. Your dismissal of contraband has me suspicious, and makes me wonder if it's bad for you in some way. And I can't see anything to back up a vote against ashersky.

Removed the size tag for you.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 07, 2017, 03:52:34 am »

Also, tiny text is generally forbidden by game rules.  Assuming this was an error by mistake, I'm guessing there's no issue, but a good reminder.

(I haven't actually looked to see if faust uses the same rule set as me; mine forbids anything under 10.)

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 07, 2017, 04:05:19 am »

my theory talk was done for discussion in the first place. You think contraband is good? Let's discuss. You think management of energy is important? Let's discuss! I have never told my ppinion is the universal truth, i wanted to speak about setup with people and got pretty much nothing.

My vore for ash is based on his meta and my gut: as town he's much more crazy and active, here he looks very carefully posting.

Contraband is not bad for me at all by the way.

I also am active this time + 4-5 hours, not able to post much later

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 07, 2017, 04:05:41 am »

Quote fail, but there's my response

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: July 07, 2017, 04:09:51 am »

May you please elaborate on what pieces and how favor me out of the setup talk?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 07, 2017, 04:17:38 am »

I think Teproc, CJ and gkrieg are town, ash and Awaclus are scum, others null

CheesyJelly

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 07, 2017, 04:27:14 am »

Removed the size tag for you.
Thank you!  No idea how I changed the size of it, and I didn't even see the tiny text on my phone afterwards.  Everyone clear that this is what I said?  Sorry for the error!

CheesyJelly

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 07, 2017, 04:38:25 am »

The game can be won by town without ever lynching someone. This means, I guess, that either there is a vig, or some missions kill scum on them. More thoughts here would be appreciated.
This reads like scum trying to root out the dangerous PRs.

No Lynch here is good, because we will have more time to execute more missions and try to PoE by sending scum on missions and see if they fail or not. But! There is a little WIFOM here, because I for one, know that there is a mission which will automatically fail if I am on it. I wonder if everyone has the same. That's why I propose flavor claiming.
This reads like scum trying to push a no-lynch game so they can rely on an energy drain strategy.

I think that scum has powers that directly influence ship's energy and also powers that can sabotage a mission.
Why do you think this?  Because you have such powers?

I'm pretty sure the initial captain is not scum
Zero basis for this claim.

we should be concerned about ship energy, but not too much.
We should be very concerned about ship energy, as it's a lose condition.  I'm scum reading anybody who says "Don't worry about energy!  It's fine!".  Pushing a "Don't lynch but also don't worry about energy" strategy is dangerous and anti-town.

Sometimes Captain will have shitty choice of mission so it would be better to carry on the regular day. Or give a choice to the First Mate.
Will they?  I suppose it's possible, but this might also be you setting up some questionable mission choices down the line.

There's also your slow participation afterwards until the moment you were voted.  That seems lurky to me, and I'm suspicious of lurky.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 07, 2017, 05:57:00 am »

The game can be won by town without ever lynching someone. This means, I guess, that either there is a vig, or some missions kill scum on them. More thoughts here would be appreciated.
This reads like scum trying to root out the dangerous PRs.

These were my thoughts on how can we win without a lynch. I didn't want vig to claim or something, I was trying to build a dialogue, naybe I missed something.

No Lynch here is good, because we will have more time to execute more missions and try to PoE by sending scum on missions and see if they fail or not. But! There is a little WIFOM here, because I for one, know that there is a mission which will automatically fail if I am on it. I wonder if everyone has the same. That's why I propose flavor claiming.
This reads like scum trying to push a no-lynch game so they can rely on an energy drain strategy.

Some people have already agreed No Lynch is a best course of action. We dont want to lower our chances by lynching town.

I think that scum has powers that directly influence ship's energy and also powers that can sabotage a mission.
Why do you think this?  Because you have such powers?
Really?
I am pretty sure it's just obvious that we are not facing 1-shot ninja and 1-shot strongman.
I'm pretty sure the initial captain is not scum
Zero basis for this claim.
If you think I am captain you should know what basis I do have. But actually I thought that would be too scumbalanced if we have scum-captain. And yeah, I got that alignment is randomized.

we should be concerned about ship energy, but not too much.
We should be very concerned about ship energy, as it's a lose condition.  I'm scum reading anybody who says "Don't worry about energy!  It's fine!".  Pushing a "Don't lynch but also don't worry about energy" strategy is dangerous and anti-town.

What I meant as I have already pointed out and not once, that speaking about energy right then was pointless and harmful. We couldn't do anything about it at all other than direct claiming of powers. Now we have the mission and we can speak of is it good enough or not. But in the beginning of the game there's not anough info to speak about energy. And I didn't say "don't worry" as you can clearly see.

Sometimes Captain will have shitty choice of mission so it would be better to carry on the regular day. Or give a choice to the First Mate.
Will they?  I suppose it's possible, but this might also be you setting up some questionable mission choices down the line.
Setting up questionable mission choices? What does this mean?
There's also your slow participation afterwards until the moment you were voted.  That seems lurky to me, and I'm suspicious of lurky.
24 hours from the game start. I have real life, unfortunately, I am not 100% active 24/7. Yesterday I stayed at work for 3 hours more than I wanted to and, well, I worked. Then I came home and went to sleep, because my gf arrived today from another city and I was meeting her quite early. Now I am active.

Anyway, I am not fine with voting for me, don't do this, it may be really harmful for us all.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 44  All

Page created in 2.861 seconds with 19 queries.