Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 181  All

Author Topic: Mafia 100: Forum All-Stars -- GAME OVER  (Read 423355 times)

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 100: Forum All-Stars -- DAY 2
« Reply #2250 on: May 25, 2017, 02:49:19 am »

Thats the most compelling case against Cuzz so far this game tbh

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2251 on: May 25, 2017, 04:58:10 am »

Could everybody voting for me explain your reasoning for doing so?

Could you explain your reasoning for why people voting for you shouldn't?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #2252 on: May 25, 2017, 05:51:53 am »

Could everybody voting for me explain your reasoning for doing so?

Could you explain your reasoning for why people voting for you shouldn't?

Probably because they really ought to be voting for O!
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2253 on: May 25, 2017, 06:46:36 am »

Um...guys? The plan to claim your suggested lynch order was proposed by Ashersky. Dylan says that Ashersky is almost confirmed scum to him, but he still goes along with the plan. I think Ashersky is very scummy, so I'm not going to do what he asks. At the end of the day it's a choice to be made by mcmcsalot/TWM and maybe Awaclus, so I actually believe that this lynch order thing is just giving unnecessary information to scum.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2254 on: May 25, 2017, 06:47:14 am »

Also, just in case I die at any point, I just want people to consider that TWM is not even close to confirmed town.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2255 on: May 25, 2017, 06:47:53 am »

@TWM why did you take Hider over Motion Detector/Gambler?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2256 on: May 25, 2017, 07:30:17 am »

Um...guys? The plan to claim your suggested lynch order was proposed by Ashersky. Dylan says that Ashersky is almost confirmed scum to him, but he still goes along with the plan. I think Ashersky is very scummy, so I'm not going to do what he asks. At the end of the day it's a choice to be made by mcmcsalot/TWM and maybe Awaclus, so I actually believe that this lynch order thing is just giving unnecessary information to scum.

Ashersky might be scum, but his plan is still probably his best effort at a pro-town plan. Even if it isn't, the plan should be judged by the merits of the plan, not by ash's scumminess or lack thereof.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2257 on: May 25, 2017, 07:30:49 am »

Probably because they really ought to be voting for O!

That's true, but voting for anyone who can't explain why they're town is always a good idea.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2258 on: May 25, 2017, 07:42:00 am »

Ashersky might be scum, but his plan is still probably his best effort at a pro-town plan. Even if it isn't, the plan should be judged by the merits of the plan, not by ash's scumminess or lack thereof.
Do you think it's a good plan?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2259 on: May 25, 2017, 07:57:59 am »

Yeah.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2260 on: May 25, 2017, 07:59:37 am »

Yeah.
But you hate sharing reads...

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2261 on: May 25, 2017, 08:05:46 am »

Sorry, I misread that. I thought we were talking about the original plan. I don't think there's any point in sharing lynch orders.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #2262 on: May 25, 2017, 08:25:08 am »

Dylan says that Ashersky is almost confirmed scum to him

Sorry, where did he say this?

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #2263 on: May 25, 2017, 08:39:19 am »

Yeah. RR is scum. I literally never said that. I think Ash is most likely town, but recognize he could be scum.  Either way, I think the plan is pro-town, so we follow it.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #2264 on: May 25, 2017, 08:40:20 am »

Well, if the plan was to mostly random lynch with mild direction from reads, that sounds good to me, because I've been busier than I anticipated recently, so I'm good with following the plan.

I was about to sort people into would prefer to lynch or not, but it turned into just the order I would propose we lynch, so this doubles is both:
sudgy
eevee
Space
LaLight
Jake (way outside both town and scum meta to the point of legitimately lurking, by his own admission to try to avoid looking scummy)
***Null-ish section***
Andrew
RR (Has he posted in the last 24-48 hours? I don't remember him going this long without cracking a joke.)
iguana
Cuzz
Galz (I wouldn't be surprised no matter what Galz flips. Depending on how others flip, I feel I would figure it out, but in lieu of flips, I'm not sure)
O (Hard to believe I'm still null on O, but since I've never seen him, I just don't know what to make of him. Definitely would not want to lynch right away)
Jimmmmm (Nothing has really stood out at all. I don't think he would be that informative of a flip)
***lean town***
e
faust
Ash (might be the frustrated and resigned scum, but his eagerness to just get the game over with suggests either him sincerely wanting town to follow the most likely path to victory, resigned scum, or scum that knows town has just been bamboozled and is willing to give himself up a little bit to help mcmc and TWM continue the charade. For now, not worth lynching until we have reason to re-evaluate)
***Most likely town (No surprises)***
pps (Seems like town pps. Also claim un-contested. Sheeper would be the perfect role to fakeclaim to explain a lack of being NK'd though, so might be worth looking at later if things don't go well.)
TWM
awaclus
mcmc
***For sure town. IC in fact***
me (While I know I've been pretty low utility for town, I would also like to point out my signature and my record in town games (green) and scum games (red) and ask you to judge which alignment I tend to actually play better as. I hate that gkrieg was killed because he would probably back me up on that claim.)
What are you actually talking about????
Baseball For Life
Mafia Record Overall (6-14) 30%

Town Wins (4-11) 26.7% M88L, M89L, NM9L, M91L, M95L, M97L,NM10W, RMM41L, M100L, M103L, M105W, M107W, RMM45W, M109L, RMM46L

Scum Wins (2-3) 40% M87L, M94W, ZM23L, M99L, ZM24W

MVP's: None

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #2265 on: May 25, 2017, 08:42:40 am »

Yeah. RR is scum. I literally never said that. I think Ash is most likely town, but recognize he could be scum.  Either way, I think the plan is pro-town, so we follow it.
Vote: Dylan I'm amply confused by everything dylan is saying.
Baseball For Life
Mafia Record Overall (6-14) 30%

Town Wins (4-11) 26.7% M88L, M89L, NM9L, M91L, M95L, M97L,NM10W, RMM41L, M100L, M103L, M105W, M107W, RMM45W, M109L, RMM46L

Scum Wins (2-3) 40% M87L, M94W, ZM23L, M99L, ZM24W

MVP's: None

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2266 on: May 25, 2017, 08:44:00 am »

Well, if the plan was to mostly random lynch with mild direction from reads, that sounds good to me, because I've been busier than I anticipated recently, so I'm good with following the plan.

I was about to sort people into would prefer to lynch or not, but it turned into just the order I would propose we lynch, so this doubles is both:
sudgy
eevee
Space
LaLight
Jake (way outside both town and scum meta to the point of legitimately lurking, by his own admission to try to avoid looking scummy)
***Null-ish section***
Andrew
RR (Has he posted in the last 24-48 hours? I don't remember him going this long without cracking a joke.)
iguana
Cuzz
Galz (I wouldn't be surprised no matter what Galz flips. Depending on how others flip, I feel I would figure it out, but in lieu of flips, I'm not sure)
O (Hard to believe I'm still null on O, but since I've never seen him, I just don't know what to make of him. Definitely would not want to lynch right away)
Jimmmmm (Nothing has really stood out at all. I don't think he would be that informative of a flip)
***lean town***
e
faust
Ash (might be the frustrated and resigned scum, but his eagerness to just get the game over with suggests either him sincerely wanting town to follow the most likely path to victory, resigned scum, or scum that knows town has just been bamboozled and is willing to give himself up a little bit to help mcmc and TWM continue the charade. For now, not worth lynching until we have reason to re-evaluate)
pps (Seems like town pps. Also claim un-contested. Sheeper would be the perfect role to fakeclaim to explain a lack of being NK'd though, so might be worth looking at later if things don't go well.)
TWM
awaclus
mcmc
me (While I know I've been pretty low utility for town, I would also like to point out my signature and my record in town games (green) and scum games (red) and ask you to judge which alignment I tend to actually play better as. I hate that gkrieg was killed because he would probably back me up on that claim.)

@RR/Jake - you two haven't interacted with each other. Unusual, yes?
It's hard to interact with Jake if he barely meets the post minimum.
lol I'm just trying to not get into arguments that make everyone wanna lynch me.

Translation: All you are doing is trying not to get lynched.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2267 on: May 25, 2017, 08:44:23 am »

Someone says something verifiably wrong with the person in question able to immediately dispute it, and the only conclusion is they must be scum?

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
  • Shuffle iT Username: TWM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2268 on: May 25, 2017, 08:44:43 am »

@TWM why did you take Hider over Motion Detector/Gambler?
Cause duh.
Wins: M91, M96, NM10, M98, M102, M105
Losses: M100, M103, M104, M109, M112

MVPs: M91, M96
Win percentage: 54.5 (6/11)

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2269 on: May 25, 2017, 08:46:12 am »

Vote: Dylan I'm amply confused by everything dylan is saying.

Oh come on. This isn't even a hard to follow statement.  The RR is scum is my read based on his reaction and misrepresentation of my words.  I clarify that I think Ash is probably town, but even if he isn't, the plan that he was pushing is ultimately likely to secure a town victory, so I intend to follow it until we need to reevalutate.

PPE 1

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2270 on: May 25, 2017, 08:47:31 am »

Someone says something verifiably wrong with the person in question able to immediately dispute it, and the only conclusion is they must be scum?

Hyperbole is lost on you, isn't it?  It is scummy RR, obviously not conf-scum, but it moves him up a couple slots towards the earlier end of my lynch list.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2271 on: May 25, 2017, 08:48:00 am »

lol I'm just trying to not get into arguments that make everyone wanna lynch me.

Translation: All you are doing is trying not to get lynched.

Scum doesn't actually say that. People who do say that are those who know they are Town but nothing else.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2272 on: May 25, 2017, 08:48:58 am »

Hyperbole is lost on you, isn't it?

Is that hyperbole?

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
  • Shuffle iT Username: TWM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2273 on: May 25, 2017, 08:49:43 am »

Also, given no other PRs matter except mcmc and TWM, I'm no worse a mislynch than anyone else.

I am admittedly disappointed and bored with this game, so feel zero need to stick around.

Completely disagree.  Play to win, using the best options available.

How is your attitude any worse than mine? I am at least trying to play the game as intended. You are just being whiney. Play to win ash, using the best options available. That includes reads and participation.

This is oddly defensive from you.  My response was just disagreeing with you, not calling out your attitude there. 

And I disagree again.  A Cop catching scum but not telling the rest of town because that'd be unfair to scum and to keep the game more fair and fun is not "playing the game as intended."  The Cop was given tools, they should use them fully.

You and MCMC have been given tools on OUR BEHALF.  If you don't use them to the best of your ability, in the way we have determined will just about guarantee our win, you are selfishly screwing over the rest of us in the name of your own definition of "fair play" and "fun." 

Each of us owes it to the others of our faction to do whatever it takes to win, no matter what (within legal reason and the civility pledge).
Again. I am not suggesting using my role differently just because it is fun or to give a fair fight. I am doing it because I am concerned about our long term ability to coordinate the hammering and want to use my role to identify scum or town for what its purpose was made for. So don't talk to me about what I owe you when you post about you don't care about this game anymore. I owe you nothing.

I am in it to win it. I just think I should do it differently than what has been told. You don't seem to be in it to win.
Wins: M91, M96, NM10, M98, M102, M105
Losses: M100, M103, M104, M109, M112

MVPs: M91, M96
Win percentage: 54.5 (6/11)

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2274 on: May 25, 2017, 08:51:23 am »

sudgy
eevee
Space
LaLight
***Null-ish section***
Andrew
iguana
Cuzz
***lean town***
e
faust
TWM
awaclus
mcmc

And as for the comment about your meta, perhaps I should have said your old and new metas rather than scum and town, since you changed your playstyle recently from how you were when you first started playing here.  Even with your new meta you were engaged and questioning and would at least throw out comments about everything that went on.  While probably unreasonable to expect a comment on everything in a game this size, you have just been almost entirely absent. Literally the only thing I actually remember you saying outside of this interaction was basically "scummy ^^" and I don't ever remember what it was about.

PPE 2
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 181  All

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 16 queries.