Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 181  All

Author Topic: Mafia 100: Forum All-Stars -- GAME OVER  (Read 423517 times)

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 100: Forum All-Stars -- DAY 2
« Reply #2225 on: May 24, 2017, 06:13:06 pm »

The fact that not everyone, and especially certain someone's aren't making the same wild-eyed maybe it's a trap assertions quite frankly makes me think it's a done deal and Mafia is toast. Mafia knows what roles town has just not who has them right? So they know if we have a HH and Hider combo. If we do it explains the giving up from some of the stronger players.

Wait, why does mafia know what roles town has? I thought they would just know which roles were included among the random slots. And they'd know if they got outbid on certain slots, but even that doesn't give them specific roles necessarily.

It was a question, not a statement. It's my understanding based on what I recall from reading the setup. If I'm wrong about this I'd hope you'd see this is the opposite of a scumslip.

Reading over it now this line is the one I think I am misinterpreting, "For balance purposes, all Not-Town aligned players will be told exactly which PRs were randomly included in these slots. They will not be told which PRs, if any, were chosen."

So, it was the what PRs rolled into the random slots.

To be ultra clear. I actually bid for my role and won it from the slot it originated in. I even breadcrumbed this before the game started.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: May 24, 2017, 06:13:19 pm »

Also PPE the Dylan Ninja, lol

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: May 24, 2017, 06:15:02 pm »

I'm just going to throw it out there that I completely trust mcmc.  He seems like classic town!mcmc to me.  I thought he was trying a bit too hard before he claimed, but then I remembered that this is how he plays when he's a PR.

Well, complete trust is reserved for ICs which he is not, but yeah, I am moving forward as if he is telling the truth until given sufficient evidence otherwise. I agree he was withing his meta. I was town reading the shit out of him before the claim.

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: May 24, 2017, 06:18:03 pm »

The fact that not everyone, and especially certain someone's aren't making the same wild-eyed maybe it's a trap assertions quite frankly makes me think it's a done deal and Mafia is toast. Mafia knows what roles town has just not who has them right? So they know if we have a HH and Hider combo. If we do it explains the giving up from some of the stronger players.

Wait, why does mafia know what roles town has? I thought they would just know which roles were included among the random slots. And they'd know if they got outbid on certain slots, but even that doesn't give them specific roles necessarily.

It was a question, not a statement. It's my understanding based on what I recall from reading the setup. If I'm wrong about this I'd hope you'd see this is the opposite of a scumslip.

Oh, no, I was just making sure I understood correctly and hadn't missed something.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
  • Shuffle iT Username: TWM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: May 24, 2017, 07:12:33 pm »

Two reminders. I still don't like the Andrew lynch. I was ready to give town points to anyone who asked "why" but no one has bothered.

Second. I am basically gone starting Friday morning. I will be at work then hitting the road. Access will be very much up in the air and my destination has no internet nor great phone access. If you want me to participate in the lynch it needs to be tomorrow night. So we basically have 24 hours.
Wins: M91, M96, NM10, M98, M102, M105
Losses: M100, M103, M104, M109, M112

MVPs: M91, M96
Win percentage: 54.5 (6/11)

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: May 24, 2017, 07:15:00 pm »

Two reminders. I still don't like the Andrew lynch. I was ready to give town points to anyone who asked "why" but no one has bothered.

Second. I am basically gone starting Friday morning. I will be at work then hitting the road. Access will be very much up in the air and my destination has no internet nor great phone access. If you want me to participate in the lynch it needs to be tomorrow night. So we basically have 24 hours.

Why
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: May 24, 2017, 07:15:49 pm »

Can you get behind an ash lynch?

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: May 24, 2017, 07:24:08 pm »

To clarify, I don't really care about the town points, but if we need you for the lynch in 24 hours,  it's probably best if you share your agenda.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: May 24, 2017, 08:09:16 pm »

Catching up now! I'm going to write a bunch of comments as I go, because I think that's the only way I'm going to find time to interact with this game today!

I like the mcmc plan of being hammer hero. I think if TWM hides and doesn't die, then we're pretty safe. What if scum has the doctor role, though? Could they doctor TWM in order to give a false hider result?

Why is LL hesitant about questioning mcmc at #1885?

I get where faust is coming from at #1929 not wanting the game to be broken, but having some aliances forming out there among the sea of names is making it a little easier for me to get my head around.

At #1986, TWM is talking about not making it back in time for a night action. I'm pretty sure some mods will allow you to post conditional night actions, like "I want to do X if Y is lynched, or Z if that doesn't happen". RR seems to suggest the non-conditional version of this, but TWM rejects it at #1993. I think trying the conditional version on Robz in QT is still worth a try, though then it's also worth not telling the thread all about it in case someone manages to make your conditional technically true while at the same time not being what you wanted it to mean.

#1996 Oh dear.. I think I'm still the leading wagon based primarily on my having been a bit absent/disengaged, and now we're talking about an early lynch. I'm frustrated because I'm trying hard with the time I have available, but a game this size is really hard for me to get into, especially with so many unknown players. At least gkrieg read me correctly for once! Sad about him being dead now :-(

#2002 Urgh.. LL knows me better than this, surely?

#2025 Why don't people think that Cal would just play absolutely to his quiet struggling-to-do-D1 meta?

TWM's ideal group to look at is "Jimmmm, 2.7, sudgy, LaLight, Dylan" -- maybe that's a good set of people for me to re-read next time I get the time.

#2062 I have a bit of sympathy with sudgy's position, because I feel like he's being scumread for the same sort of thing I'd do!

Good townie point from LL about the sheeper and the Hammer Hero. But surely if mcmc casts the hammering vote, and PPS's ghost casts the one after it, mcmc gets the hammer, right? I'm sure I'm about to find out in another comment. Edit: I don't think anyone followed up on this. Isn't it stil safe to sheep mcmc if necessary, just not all that useful because the sheep vote comes in at L+1 rather than counting as a necessary vote for the hammer? It would still be worthwhile in the endgame if it gets down to the point where TWM and mcmc start getting outnumbered.

Ooh, ash wants a mathsy person :-) Here I am! I really should finish catching up first in case, but I should come back and do numbers. Though this is more just normal boring counting that actual fun probabilities, isn't it?

#2106 Cuzz seems suspicious of mcmc having devised the hider plan. I think if we rememebr that mcmc and Robz are close, and that there's been quite a lot of build-up to this game, then it's not very surprising that mcmc spent a while stretegising. He may even have been one of the people who talked the set-up over with Robz in advance, no?

Ah, I agree with the "play to win with the tools we have" response to TWM's suggestion about playing for more fun and less broken-setup-ness.

#2149 PPS is assuming a "5 man mafia team"... guess that's me cleared then :-)

#2182 -- I'm not quite sure where O is going with this.

I need to do one of those lynch order lists, but for that I need to do some reading first. I've been reading for 90 minutes here and I haven't even caught up to the present yet :-(

Okay.. here's the present, but I'm 38 minutes past bedtime already.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: May 24, 2017, 08:21:20 pm »

Andrew and Jimmmmm are my top choices at the moment. Eevee, sudgy and ash are possibilities also. Could also be talked into iguana and Jake.
What is your read on Jimmmmm based on?

lurking and dodging questions

What question did I dodge? I'm working on the lurking and I'm happy to answer all questions past and future.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2235 on: May 24, 2017, 08:37:30 pm »

"

Jim, what was this?  A typo?  You didn't post anything for a bit after this, so I'm kind of curious what it is.

See my post previous to this for a clue.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: May 24, 2017, 08:54:48 pm »

"

Jim, what was this?  A typo?  You didn't post anything for a bit after this, so I'm kind of curious what it is.

Well you didn't dodge this question.  So we can check off that one.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: May 24, 2017, 09:04:05 pm »

"

Well you didn't dodge this question.  So we can check off that one.

Progress!

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: May 24, 2017, 09:29:13 pm »

I got three posts written up while on the bus without internet access, so here they go:

In some of my rereading, I've been wondering: what's PSA?  I've seen people say it a lot, but I don't actually know what it means.

Public Service Announcement
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: May 24, 2017, 10:07:41 pm »

I don't mind lynching in 24 hours. I don't think you are a  essential part of the lynch at all. mcmc is.

I mean, yeah. You are L-1, mcmc hammers. Nice, but not essential
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: May 24, 2017, 10:09:04 pm »

Okay time to actually try something productive for a change.

Probably Town:
The_Wine_Merchant
Awaclus
pingpongsam
ashersky - I'd like to think I'm pretty good at reading scum ash, and I haven't gotten that vibe at all.
mcmcsalot

Towny enough for Today:
faust
Cuzz

No real opinion at this stage:
Galzria
Eevee
LaLight
iguanaiguana
Jimmmmm oh that's me
sudgy

Would Lynch:
SpaceAnemone
Dylan32
RoadRunner
O
AndrewisFTTW
JaketheBaseballGod22

This is a fairly gut-instinct list. I'll focus some more on the bottom two sections and try to move around/solidify some of the names.

In general I'll more or less follow instruction from mcmc for Today and help coordinate a lynch if necessary.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
  • Shuffle iT Username: TWM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: May 24, 2017, 11:26:23 pm »

Alright. Well do what you want then. Vote: sudgy
Wins: M91, M96, NM10, M98, M102, M105
Losses: M100, M103, M104, M109, M112

MVPs: M91, M96
Win percentage: 54.5 (6/11)

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: May 24, 2017, 11:36:00 pm »

Alright. Well do what you want then. Vote: sudgy

Who are you talking to? I'll probably follow instruction from you as well.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #2243 on: May 24, 2017, 11:54:36 pm »

Well, if the plan was to mostly random lynch with mild direction from reads, that sounds good to me, because I've been busier than I anticipated recently, so I'm good with following the plan.

I was about to sort people into would prefer to lynch or not, but it turned into just the order I would propose we lynch, so this doubles is both:
sudgy
eevee
Space
LaLight
Jake (way outside both town and scum meta to the point of legitimately lurking, by his own admission to try to avoid looking scummy)
***Null-ish section***
Andrew
RR (Has he posted in the last 24-48 hours? I don't remember him going this long without cracking a joke.)
iguana
Cuzz
Galz (I wouldn't be surprised no matter what Galz flips. Depending on how others flip, I feel I would figure it out, but in lieu of flips, I'm not sure)
O (Hard to believe I'm still null on O, but since I've never seen him, I just don't know what to make of him. Definitely would not want to lynch right away)
Jimmmmm (Nothing has really stood out at all. I don't think he would be that informative of a flip)
***lean town***
e
faust
Ash (might be the frustrated and resigned scum, but his eagerness to just get the game over with suggests either him sincerely wanting town to follow the most likely path to victory, resigned scum, or scum that knows town has just been bamboozled and is willing to give himself up a little bit to help mcmc and TWM continue the charade. For now, not worth lynching until we have reason to re-evaluate)
***Most likely town (No surprises)***
pps (Seems like town pps. Also claim un-contested. Sheeper would be the perfect role to fakeclaim to explain a lack of being NK'd though, so might be worth looking at later if things don't go well.)
TWM
awaclus
mcmc
***For sure town. IC in fact***
me (While I know I've been pretty low utility for town, I would also like to point out my signature and my record in town games (green) and scum games (red) and ask you to judge which alignment I tend to actually play better as. I hate that gkrieg was killed because he would probably back me up on that claim.)
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: May 24, 2017, 11:57:47 pm »

Could everybody voting for me explain your reasoning for doing so?
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: May 25, 2017, 12:19:36 am »

me (While I know I've been pretty low utility for town, I would also like to point out my signature and my record in town games (green) and scum games (red) and ask you to judge which alignment I tend to actually play better as. I hate that gkrieg was killed because he would probably back me up on that claim.)

Probably not the best thing to draw attention to.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: May 25, 2017, 12:24:41 am »

VLA until sunday, starting in a couple of hours, so I likely won't be around to help with lynching within 24 hours. My vote is on a viable wagon at least.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: May 25, 2017, 01:42:19 am »

Also, given no other PRs matter except mcmc and TWM, I'm no worse a mislynch than anyone else.

I am admittedly disappointed and bored with this game, so feel zero need to stick around.

Completely disagree.  Play to win, using the best options available.

How is your attitude any worse than mine? I am at least trying to play the game as intended. You are just being whiney. Play to win ash, using the best options available. That includes reads and participation.

This is oddly defensive from you.  My response was just disagreeing with you, not calling out your attitude there. 

And I disagree again.  A Cop catching scum but not telling the rest of town because that'd be unfair to scum and to keep the game more fair and fun is not "playing the game as intended."  The Cop was given tools, they should use them fully.

You and MCMC have been given tools on OUR BEHALF.  If you don't use them to the best of your ability, in the way we have determined will just about guarantee our win, you are selfishly screwing over the rest of us in the name of your own definition of "fair play" and "fun." 

Each of us owes it to the others of our faction to do whatever it takes to win, no matter what (within legal reason and the civility pledge).
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: May 25, 2017, 01:43:29 am »

Everyone list all other players in proposed lynch order.
No thanks.

You and MCMC are probably exempt from this exercise, actually.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: May 25, 2017, 02:46:21 am »

agree with much of iguana's post above, at the level of "we should all spend some mental energy exploring this" as opposed to actually leaning scum on mcmc and/or twm.

....we could always just lynch mcmc and keep the game interesting. it's not like it's anywhere close to an auto-loss for town if we're wrong, though we would feel like total chumps. but we'll feel like chumps too if we all go along with the plan and they turn out to be scum
Or, we could always just lynch you. Then, we won't feel likek chumps and we can still take care of the mcmc/TWM situation later.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 181  All

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 16 queries.