Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 181  All

Author Topic: Mafia 100: Forum All-Stars -- GAME OVER  (Read 423565 times)

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 100: Forum All-Stars -- DAY 2
« Reply #1725 on: May 22, 2017, 01:09:37 pm »

Cuzz is the one who looks the most partnerish, but you know, the evidence is thin.

I honestly have no clue how you got this from what Calamitas posted.
I rather got it from what Cuzz posted about Calamitas.

I just read through Cuss's D1 posts, and I honestly have no clue how you drew your conclusions.

But really, what I find most interesting is how Andrew joined you on a fairly terrible case against Cuzz.  I don't know exactly how it makes me feel other than the general sense of scumminess permeating that little wagon, and I don't necessarily know if that is scum!faust or scum!andrew.  Right now I am leaning more on scum!andrew sheeping faust on a case that seems plausible ("because faust posted it and is a good mafia player obviously"), didn't really look into it, and liked the idea of lynching Cuzz.

PPE: I power through PPEs and don't even bother with them.
Cna you show me a better case that has been made than the one I made on Cuzz?

Cuzz's case on Andrew is better than the one you made on Cuzz.

Let me review your case on Cuzz.

1) Cuzz points out that Calamitas is lurking
(and around the same time talks about how it seems as if f.ds has a "don't lynch lurkers" policy.  Clearly disagreeing and totally willing to lynch Calamitas)

2) Calamitas is in Cuzz's "would lynch" group
(you know, because Calamitas is lurking and Cuzz has no problem lynching lurkers.)

Yeah.  There isn't actually a case.
You're right, and it's not the case I'm currently making. That is that Cuzz' comments towards Andrew expose that he is analyzing things from a scum mindset.

I agree, that's what it looks like to me.
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: May 22, 2017, 01:10:13 pm »

God I really don't like what mcmc is doing here, and I have my doubts that this would come from town!mcmc.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: May 22, 2017, 01:11:52 pm »

God I really don't like what mcmc is doing here, and I have my doubts that this would come from town!mcmc.

What? Posing questions, specifically asking me to answer them and then making me his top scumread for not answering them exactly as he would've liked? I don't like it either but I think it could be a town!mcmc move.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: May 22, 2017, 01:16:38 pm »

What? Posing questions, specifically asking me to answer them and then making me his top scumread for not answering them exactly as he would've liked? I don't like it either but I think it could be a town!mcmc move.
I mean more the scum-team paranoia and trying to pin down every last scum including the SK on D2.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: May 22, 2017, 01:19:00 pm »

What can I say? I've got a townread on TWM. The only "hedginess" I guess you could glean from that was I also thought gkrieg was scum and I was wrong, so maybe I'm wrong about TWM too. You say my answers are "convenient" because then I don't have to make a read. So if I answered all four questions by saying "yes, this 100% means TWM and galz are partners" you would think I'm town?

I don't think pointing at someone and saying "they're scummy because they don't have fully formed reads" is really helpful. And besides, I do have some strong reads so to assume I don't is a little strange.
Andrew you disagreeing with me isn't the problem it's that your answers don't have any depth or analysis within them whatsoever. You've got a town read on twm but you can't say why. You just say I kinda maybe sorta think he's town. And you just say I don't think any of those things are alignment indivative which means you don't have to disagree and provide a reason why twm is actually towny.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: May 22, 2017, 01:22:41 pm »

I mean more the scum-team paranoia and trying to pin down every last scum including the SK on D2.
Sorry I'm town I'm having fun, my brother is the mod I want him cracking up or having his mind blown as I guess the scum team. I have no reasons for thinking ash is the sk other than he's weirdly lurky and un-impactful for ash. I don't want us to waste any time discussing who the sk is but it popped on my head that ash has been weird as I was writing my post.
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: May 22, 2017, 01:25:19 pm »

So you have no problems with the fact that twm and Andrew have repeatedly town read eachother with zero reasoning. Twm said he wouldn't lynch andrew yesterday quite early and with no reasoning even though he went on to at least say he found gkrieg towny for "being helpful" in the same post. Andrew said he kinda sorta maybe felt like twm was town and then when he responded to my theory about twm's wagon and galz involvement in it he said it was not really alignment indicative and that he would maybe vote galz but not twm.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: May 22, 2017, 01:28:14 pm »

What can I say? I've got a townread on TWM. The only "hedginess" I guess you could glean from that was I also thought gkrieg was scum and I was wrong, so maybe I'm wrong about TWM too. You say my answers are "convenient" because then I don't have to make a read. So if I answered all four questions by saying "yes, this 100% means TWM and galz are partners" you would think I'm town?

I don't think pointing at someone and saying "they're scummy because they don't have fully formed reads" is really helpful. And besides, I do have some strong reads so to assume I don't is a little strange.
Andrew you disagreeing with me isn't the problem it's that your answers don't have any depth or analysis within them whatsoever. You've got a town read on twm but you can't say why. You just say I kinda maybe sorta think he's town. And you just say I don't think any of those things are alignment indivative which means you don't have to disagree and provide a reason why twm is actually towny.

I think he's town based on previous games in which I've observed him as scum and town. But I'm also a little wary because I don't really buy into meta as much as other people. And me saying those things aren't alignment indicative IS disagreeing with you, so it really isn't hedgey. I also said I'd like to see a galz flip before we discuss TWM's interactions with him further.

So you have no problems with the fact that twm and Andrew have repeatedly town read eachother with zero reasoning. Twm said he wouldn't lynch andrew yesterday quite early and with no reasoning even though he went on to at least say he found gkrieg towny for "being helpful" in the same post. Andrew said he kinda sorta maybe felt like twm was town and then when he responded to my theory about twm's wagon and galz involvement in it he said it was not really alignment indicative and that he would maybe vote galz but not twm.

Right. Consistently townreading TWM and being unwilling to vote him. This is EXACTLY how I would treat my scum partner. /sarcasm

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: May 22, 2017, 01:29:32 pm »

Sorry I'm town I'm having fun, my brother is the mod I want him cracking up or having his mind blown as I guess the scum team. I have no reasons for thinking ash is the sk other than he's weirdly lurky and un-impactful for ash. I don't want us to waste any time discussing who the sk is but it popped on my head that ash has been weird as I was writing my post.
I guess I'm just confounded that you would play this assertively as town when you particularly pointed out in the M98 scum QT how having bad reads and leading town into destruction in you last two town games made you doubt the strength of your town play. On the other hand, you were quieter and did not participate much in that game, and it led to an L-1 wagon on D1, so you have reason to change your playstyle as scum. (I also remember that you were the D1 lynch in the last game this size, partially for lurking)

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: May 22, 2017, 01:30:37 pm »

So you have no problems with the fact that twm and Andrew have repeatedly town read eachother with zero reasoning.
That is correct.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: May 22, 2017, 01:35:30 pm »

I think things like that become meaningful when one of the parties flips scum. Right now, you know, like 25% of the people are scum, so pinning even two scum like that would require extraordinary evidence. Which I don't think you have.

Mcmc seems both paranoid and overconfident at the same time. What alignment is that? (Serious question, I have no idea what to make of him.)

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: May 22, 2017, 01:37:33 pm »

So you have no problems with the fact that twm and Andrew have repeatedly town read eachother with zero reasoning.
That is correct.
We just disageee about so much fundamentally it's comical.

Also as far as my playstyle goes I was downtrodden about my pr usage in my last town game and it didn't help my reads ended up being crap as well. I was much more excited and re-invigorated to play this game and be as effective and helpful as I possible can for multiple reasons

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: May 22, 2017, 01:38:14 pm »

I think things like that become meaningful when one of the parties flips scum. Right now, you know, like 25% of the people are scum, so pinning even two scum like that would require extraordinary evidence. Which I don't think you have.

Mcmc seems both paranoid and overconfident at the same time. What alignment is that? (Serious question, I have no idea what to make of him.)

The one time I was SK I had a cop power...
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: May 22, 2017, 01:46:07 pm »

20%
Baseball For Life
Mafia Record Overall (6-14) 30%

Town Wins (4-11) 26.7% M88L, M89L, NM9L, M91L, M95L, M97L,NM10W, RMM41L, M100L, M103L, M105W, M107W, RMM45W, M109L, RMM46L

Scum Wins (2-3) 40% M87L, M94W, ZM23L, M99L, ZM24W

MVP's: None

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: May 22, 2017, 01:48:03 pm »

Faust just to be clear has your town read on me from earlier in the day dissipated? Or do you think my play is terribly confusing and hard to understand and that my reads are potentially wrong?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1740 on: May 22, 2017, 02:00:32 pm »

One thing that's bugging me about mcmc is that his reaction to hammering town is not "oh man, my read was wrong, sorry town!", it's "oh, the people who got off this town wagon are scummy". That does not seem like a town mindset to me, there is no doubting himself. The situation IS confusing, I know I'm not very confident I could pick even one scum, let alone four person scum teams. And mcmc is just doubling down on his reads, not pausing at all after hammering a town player last night. I could see this as a distraction for his own hammer, basically the scum narrative of "town wouldn't be this confident in their reads after just being wrong -> it's scum going aggressive.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: May 22, 2017, 02:24:54 pm »

Ugh lost the post...
One thing that's bugging me about mcmc is that his reaction to hammering town is not "oh man, my read was wrong, sorry town!", it's "oh, the people who got off this town wagon are scummy". That does not seem like a town mindset to me, there is no doubting himself. The situation IS confusing, I know I'm not very confident I could pick even one scum, let alone four person scum teams. And mcmc is just doubling down on his reads, not pausing at all after hammering a town player last night. I could see this as a distraction for his own hammer, basically the scum narrative of "town wouldn't be this confident in their reads after just being wrong -> it's scum going aggressive.

Also sorry that jreggie was town, hopefully everyone who wanted us to "wait" to end the day has actually caught up overnight. Also now that we actually have night results of people would like to I think there may or may not be some intelligent claims people can make and some setup speculation that could be had.
As you can see I was sorry. Also I don't know why people find it so scummy to name scum teams, it's not like my reads arent going to change after another set of flips. I think the one of the better ways I could scumhunt would be to analyze every combination of four players and see how they work as a unit. Obviously I don't have the time to do that so once I get some scum reads (twm/andrew/galz) I look for every connection I can to see if they fit as a unit. This may go back to how I play as scum compared to others, I typically either lose or win flawlessly and have a plan on how to act as a unit to get what we want done.

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: May 22, 2017, 02:27:14 pm »

Faust just to be clear has your town read on me from earlier in the day dissipated? Or do you think my play is terribly confusing and hard to understand and that my reads are potentially wrong?

If you're town your reads should potentially be wrong.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: May 22, 2017, 02:28:23 pm »

Hammer Hero is still a town utility power, right (especially if town outbid scum for it)? I mean, I thought it was clear he was the HH. I thought the only question was whether or not he was town or scum HH.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: May 22, 2017, 02:30:02 pm »

I think the one of the better ways I could scumhunt would be to analyze every combination of four players and see how they work as a unit.

Bin(19,4) = 3876

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: May 22, 2017, 02:31:58 pm »

Hammer Hero is still a town utility power, right (especially if town outbid scum for it)? I mean, I thought it was clear he was the HH. I thought the only question was whether or not he was town or scum HH.

He has not claimed as such.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: May 22, 2017, 02:32:45 pm »

I think you're overall still more townie than scummy, but I'm not longer as sure as I felt earlier.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: May 22, 2017, 02:33:45 pm »

I think you're overall still more townie than scummy, but I'm not longer as sure as I felt earlier.
Darn

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: May 22, 2017, 02:34:53 pm »

Right. I think the other powers in the slot are better for town. So I would only expect to see a town hammer hero from the random slots.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: May 22, 2017, 02:35:25 pm »

Right to the first question, I mean.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 181  All

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 17 queries.