Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 181  All

Author Topic: Mafia 100: Forum All-Stars -- GAME OVER  (Read 423579 times)

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 100: Forum All-Stars -- DAY 1
« Reply #750 on: May 17, 2017, 10:52:37 am »

Not reading a bunch of fluff might be anti fun, and it could even be anti town. My point is that posting a lot of stuff, regardless of what that stuff is, is scummy because gumming up the thread is an easy tactic to use here, and it's fairly effective.

This is so empirically anti-town I want us to lynch RR now.

You will hit an anti-town player, but I don't think you'll be hitting scum.

It's D1 and we're not likely going to lynch scum anyway. Lynching confirmed anti-town is worlds better than lynching a pro-town townie who just happened to get a wagon on them for nebulous "scumminess"

Towny^^

Why?  He is essentially saying we should lynch people who aren't helpful instead of lynching scum.  We still have a pretty good chance of hitting scum.  And either way, it at least makes people choose sides.  It isn't scummy or townie to try to lynch anti-town people.  It just is.  Which isn't helpful D1.

False.

Well we definitely have a better chance of lynching scum if we try to lynch scum instead of trying not to...

Part of a series of scummy posts from gkrieg. Not going to vote now because I don't know what the current vote count is. But at page 18 or so gkrieg just seems to be trying very hard to seem pro-town and such.

What would I do differently as town?

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: May 17, 2017, 10:53:09 am »

I'm immediately suspicious of those who are all like, "I'm totally down with lynching so and so today", as if we have progressed far enough to feel real good about them being scum or, better yet, that flipping them will corner scum.

Unfortunately, that's a wide pool of laziness so I can't draw any meaningful conclusions from it.

Now, for Andrew, please tell me, in your own words, why you think I should think you are town this game and not badass scum coming to getcha like every other game in recent memory?

Because in no game ever am I badass scum, I just got lucky for a couple games.
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
  • Shuffle iT Username: TWM
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: May 17, 2017, 10:53:47 am »

The primary thing I saw against him was that he talked about mass claim for awhile, and then changed his mind to be against it. This reads townie uncertainty to me more than mafia obfuscation. But if there's more I've missed I would like to know.
And I never actually did that. I was always saying that we should talk about how to effectively use roles. I have never said or even implied that we should do a mass claim. So there wasn't any mind changing. It was people giving false impressions of me and then me combating them to set the record straight, but people would rather believe what others say about me than what I say about myself.
Wins: M91, M96, NM10, M98, M102, M105
Losses: M100, M103, M104, M109, M112

MVPs: M91, M96
Win percentage: 54.5 (6/11)

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: May 17, 2017, 10:53:59 am »

@LaLight

Are you honestly saying Awaclus is voting for me because he finds me scummy? Let's call a spade a spade here, it's what he would want anyways.

He sincerely 100% believes you're scum at this point unless he is scum himself (maybe even in this case). It's Awaclus' style.

PPE: 1
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: May 17, 2017, 10:54:07 am »

frankly the TWM wagon is incomprehensible to me.
And yours to me.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: May 17, 2017, 10:54:48 am »

Request vote count

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: May 17, 2017, 10:55:34 am »

I want to tunnel Gkrieg as he's been seemingly the hardest hunting early on, which i think is a scumread.
It's a good point, especially for gkrieg. He usually takes a while to get going as town.

This game has already been pretty involved up to this point.  Usually it takes me a while to get going because I have other games, or I'm a VT so I've only posted /in and /confirm.  This game already had me post a bunch of stuff in my QT.

Who else is in your QT?

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: May 17, 2017, 10:55:46 am »

Stuff

How does one look like an IC? And you think all four of those people are scum?

No, no, no.

Let's go point by point.

1) That's what I call "look like IC": You're active in townie way and lead the town and 90% of players townread you.
2) "Cuzz is hard to read, all those guys looking like ICs who are scum in the end" - I meant only Cuzz concerning this game, not all 4 people. "All those guys" is because there were many games where faust did the same thing, or Robz.
3) I don't necessarily think he is scum, it's just I an always wary about such players and I don't let myself be blinded by their activeness and towniness.

PPE: 5
PPE: 1 while typing "PPE: 5"

This seems pretty straightforward and Andrew's bafflement strikes me as incredibly disingenuous.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: May 17, 2017, 10:56:04 am »

This gkrieg is the "ask single questions in response to posts about me as if I were faust" gkrieg.  So, in a word, scum.

I don't believe I do that as scum.  It's better than the absent gkrieg.

At least you aren't contesting the observation.

I don't know that you've done it on purpose as scum.  I do believe that you believe that when faust does it, he's towny.  And that you've internalized the notion of that action equaling townies, and that it could subconsciously affect your play.

I do think that it is townie when faust does it.  I also think that is because it gets information out of people that they otherwise can hide.  I think asking questions gives more chance of people slipping up than not asking questions.  It also just depends on the mood I'm in that day.

Sounds like scum trying to pass this off as just another towny day for gkrieg. Nothing to see here. Move along.

I'm not sure what you mean here.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: May 17, 2017, 10:56:28 am »

@LaLight

Are you honestly saying Awaclus is voting for me because he finds me scummy? Let's call a spade a spade here, it's what he would want anyways.

He sincerely 100% believes you're scum at this point unless he is scum himself (maybe even in this case). It's Awaclus' style.

I accept that you've played with him more but I still strongly disagree with your read of him as a person, using my own similar past actions as a reference. 

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: May 17, 2017, 10:57:58 am »

also can we wagon me or something? IDK how the hell i've seemed to gain near-innocent child status among like a third of the active posters. Usually I nearly get lynched day one, the wagon fails, and then I get nightkilled night 1 or 2 to make up for it.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: May 17, 2017, 10:58:08 am »

I want to tunnel Gkrieg as he's been seemingly the hardest hunting early on, which i think is a scumread.
It's a good point, especially for gkrieg. He usually takes a while to get going as town.

This game has already been pretty involved up to this point.  Usually it takes me a while to get going because I have other games, or I'm a VT so I've only posted /in and /confirm.  This game already had me post a bunch of stuff in my QT.

Who else is in your QT?

My scum partner Robz. But seriously I have 30 posts in there and that is more than when I have a PR at the end of a normal game (just to say it now, this isn't a slip on whether I have a PR in this game)

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: May 17, 2017, 10:58:35 am »

@LaLight

I accept that you've played with him more but I still strongly disagree with your read of him as a person, using my own similar past actions as a reference.

I can't agree 16 y.o. you and Awaclus play the same

PPE: nope, sry

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: May 17, 2017, 10:58:38 am »

Innocent Child? We don't appear to have one? How worried should we be about mafia with a 2-shot vig?

vote: twm
Sheep vote:twm
This was my original vote for twm very early. Just like why I voted for O, I felt twm was trying to get town to leak info.

vote: The_Wine_Merchant

Serious vote.

Is anybody else no longer able to automatically bold on mobile?
Not OMGUSing. But when people have to specify if it is a serious vote, that is suspicious. Why would anyone think this wasn't a serious vote?

Doesn't the same logic apply to saying not OMGUSing that wasn't suspicious but you hope people think it is and are using poor logic, scummy all around.
Then there was this interaction which I find twm trying to come up with a reason to vote jreggie, he classically didn't outright call jreggie scummy, just suspicious. (This is something I told twm to do in our first mafia game together, let townies enhance your case for you)

This seems like scummy TWM, which means that he is town.  Just like look at his newbie game.  He has a CRAZY different tone when he is scum compared to town.

Everyone brings up newbie mafia twm what about the game me and him were mafia together. I think this looks a hell of a lot like scum twm.

How does it look like scum TWM?

I think scum twm tries to kick do some semi aggressive scumhunting which he appeared to try to do(can't grab quotes at work) and especially the post he made calling jreggie scummy for referring to his own vote as serious. It was taking a small thing and calling it "suspicious" which isn't outright calling him scummy so hopefully other townies flood behind twm and start voting jreggie.
this is were I explain my reasons.

mcmc did something townie. I don't remember what it was. Oh wait. I liked that he said we should take notes (maybe if I had taken notes I would have remembered that easier). Sure anyone can suggest it for towncred, I acknowledge that but he gets towncred anyway.

So, vote: sudgy

I'll sheep faust
This felt like a scummy way for twm to back off of me because my lynch wasn't going anywhere it's not damning but then add in his return to my wagon and his inability to explain what is and isn't scummy about me. Also the sudgy vote is silly.

Back to Vote: mcmc
I don't want to tunnel, I specifically remember a game where I found liopoil(someone I was scum with his first time) scummy early day one and I confirmation biased everything from them on and he turned out to be town.

But man this looks like you gave up pushing me because it wasn't going to work out for you(the votes didn't come for me and they stayed on you). Your reason for unvoting me was because I told people to write stuff down with is as you pointed out pro-town but not towny. Now I explain why setup speculation is really bad for town on day 1 which is also pro-town but not towny and you decide to vote me again.

Can you give me your reasoning for re voting me, like what exactly you found scummy about my recent posts?
I have confirmation bias and everything you are doing is scummy to me.
Proof of inability to explain his own read.

Full twm case.

Ppe like 25
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: May 17, 2017, 10:58:59 am »

Who else is in your QT?

I saw that awhile ago but it's pretty clearly referring to all the Robz-drafting questions i think.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: May 17, 2017, 10:59:08 am »

@LaLight

I mean if you want you can look at him in M99 where he was scum and acted completely different.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: May 17, 2017, 10:59:24 am »

Who else is in your QT?

My scum partner Robz. But seriously I have 30 posts in there and that is more than when I have a PR at the end of a normal game (just to say it now, this isn't a slip on whether I have a PR in this game)

I don't understand why you have brought this here. at all.

PPE: 2

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: May 17, 2017, 11:00:20 am »

Time for lunch with grandma, I'll do more catching up later.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: May 17, 2017, 11:02:33 am »

Who else is in your QT?

I don't understand why you're seemingly against so much random conversation that already seems to be potentially very fruitful for future reads.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: May 17, 2017, 11:03:13 am »

Who else is in your QT?

Uh because I was asked a question?

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: May 17, 2017, 11:04:56 am »

@LaLight

I mean if you want you can look at him in M99 where he was scum and acted completely different.

Still ongoing.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: May 17, 2017, 11:05:00 am »

Lalight can you more concisely tell me what you don't like with my case on twm and how you think I was contradicting myself. I really don't think I did so I think you misunderstood something I said just want to make sure if you find my scummy it's because you know what I'm saying.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: May 17, 2017, 11:05:30 am »

@LaLight

Still ongoing.

NO ITS NOT YOU LIAR

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: May 17, 2017, 11:06:17 am »

@LaLight

Still ongoing.

That's M98

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: May 17, 2017, 11:06:37 am »

@LaLight

Still ongoing.
Oops. I can't read
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 181  All

Page created in 3.024 seconds with 16 queries.