Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 38  All

Author Topic: M97: intrigue and treason and stuff (schadnd II) (it ended)  (Read 99199 times)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: M97: intrigue and treason and stuff (schadnd II) (D3)
« Reply #725 on: April 09, 2017, 11:46:03 pm »

I do think scum!Joseph is basically lurking his way to a scarily likely win. But I guess I'll get the chance to make that case tomorrow if you're not scum, after you and gkrieg are dead.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: April 09, 2017, 11:47:02 pm »

Or we could just try Joseph anyway.

Vote: Joseph
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: April 10, 2017, 12:13:34 am »

And if SA and Robz are town, just sheeping the IC is really bad for town, in general.

I mean, I agree with that, but when the IC says he will NOT, under any circumstances, lynch your top scum suspect, than you move on to your secondary suspect.

I just really don't see a compelling case for Joseph. Make me believe he is scum.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: April 10, 2017, 01:23:59 am »

And if SA and Robz are town, just sheeping the IC is really bad for town, in general.

I mean, I agree with that, but when the IC says he will NOT, under any circumstances, lynch your top scum suspect, than you move on to your secondary suspect.

I just really don't see a compelling case for Joseph. Make me believe he is scum.

I totally would but you apparently weren't convinced by anything I've put out there, so maybe Robz should try.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: April 10, 2017, 01:56:06 am »

I'll do a good reread of everyone tomorrow. Space is looking scummier by the minute, so keep trying if you are town Andrew. If you aren't, just scumslip real hard or something.

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: April 10, 2017, 05:33:53 am »

So gkrieg wants to lynch Andrew, Andrew wants to lynch Joseph, Joseph wants to lynch me, I want to lynch Joseph... and Space wants to lynch me.
Joseph wants to lynch Robz or Andrew, I'm not 100% sure which one

I have a lot of sympathy for the "busy town player" angle, but not when it risks losing us the game if you really are town. You're not saying anything about why/when you're going to be unavailable and so disengaged, so it's getting harder and harder to give you the benefit of the doubt.

I suggest that if you don't want my scumread on you to grow very quickly over the next 24 hours (bearing in mind that 2/5 players are already saying they support your lynch), you post a reasoned case on Andrew. I'm being prescriptive there because I don't want you to be hiding behind a layer of indecision on who to pick, and because your vote appears to be on Robz even though you say you don't know who to go for, so clearly your scumread on Andrew must have grown more recently if your current statement of indecision genuine.
Was this aimed at Robz or me?
Because I feel like we're both very inactive in this game.
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: April 10, 2017, 07:50:14 am »

So gkrieg wants to lynch Andrew, Andrew wants to lynch Joseph, Joseph wants to lynch me, I want to lynch Joseph... and Space wants to lynch me.

I have a lot of sympathy for the "busy town player" angle, but not when it risks losing us the game if you really are town. You're not saying anything about why/when you're going to be unavailable and so disengaged, so it's getting harder and harder to give you the benefit of the doubt.

I suggest that if you don't want my scumread on you to grow very quickly over the next 24 hours (bearing in mind that 2/5 players are already saying they support your lynch), you post a reasoned case on Andrew. I'm being prescriptive there because I don't want you to be hiding behind a layer of indecision on who to pick, and because your vote appears to be on Robz even though you say you don't know who to go for, so clearly your scumread on Andrew must have grown more recently if your current statement of indecision genuine.

You, totally!

You said you don't know which person to go for between Robz and Andrew, but you don't seem to be making any effort, either now or earlier, and that worries me. You've engaged far less with everything all the way through than I have, even though I've been quite explicit about intended VLAs and connection issues I was having. From my point of view, if I'm going to believe gkreig that lynching you is a bad idea, you need to start saying more things to show that you're actually considering the different ways in which the two of them come across as scum, and not just waiting for gkrieg to lead us into a lynch on one or other while keeping quiet because you know that building a decent case on anyone might reveal that you already know who the scum is and it isn't any of the rest of us.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: April 10, 2017, 09:24:54 am »

You said you don't know which person to go for between Robz and Andrew, but you don't seem to be making any effort, either now or earlier, and that worries me. You've engaged far less with everything all the way through than I have, even though I've been quite explicit about intended VLAs and connection issues I was having. From my point of view, if I'm going to believe gkreig that lynching you is a bad idea, you need to start saying more things to show that you're actually considering the different ways in which the two of them come across as scum, and not just waiting for gkrieg to lead us into a lynch on one or other while keeping quiet because you know that building a decent case on anyone might reveal that you already know who the scum is and it isn't any of the rest of us.

The bolded part is pretty much exactly what I said about SA earlier, and now they're changing their tune:

SA and Dylan "townread" eachother the first couple days, which to me seems weird but it could totally be a scum tactic planned out ahead of time to make us not see them as partners. SA was also overreacting like crazy when they were at L-1, and still complains about me putting them to L-1 and leaving my vote there. SA has also said multiple times that they wouldn't have a problem sheeping gkrieg, which I REALLY don't like. Not because of gkrieg, but rather the whole idea of blindly sheeping the IC seems designed to garner towncred and is kind of a cop out for not following through on reads by placing a vote down. So there it is. That's what I've been observing from SA for a while.

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: April 10, 2017, 09:31:17 am »

You, totally!

I'm genuinely planning to post some stuff this evening (UK time). Which isn't ideal, but will be before the deadline

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: April 10, 2017, 10:01:46 am »

Ya so i will most likely be around for deadline.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #735 on: April 10, 2017, 10:53:08 am »

The bolded part is pretty much exactly what I said about SA earlier, and now they're changing their tune:

SA and Dylan "townread" eachother the first couple days, which to me seems weird but it could totally be a scum tactic planned out ahead of time to make us not see them as partners. SA was also overreacting like crazy when they were at L-1, and still complains about me putting them to L-1 and leaving my vote there. SA has also said multiple times that they wouldn't have a problem sheeping gkrieg, which I REALLY don't like. Not because of gkrieg, but rather the whole idea of blindly sheeping the IC seems designed to garner towncred and is kind of a cop out for not following through on reads by placing a vote down. So there it is. That's what I've been observing from SA for a while.

Look, I'm just not going to be goaded into putting votes out there at random when there are two people I scumread and only one scum: that's got a high chance of ending badly when it's so clear that there are also other townies who're in a similarly uncertain position. I'm also still happy to sheep gkrieg and lynch you. I'm most definitely not playing a blind game of follow-the-IC! By all means consider this my intent to hammer, though.

My concern at the moment is that I want to be prepared for the chance you're not the scum, at which point the most likely scenario is me being at lylo with Robz and Joseph, so it's most definitely worthwhile to push Joseph now, since I'd rather have his evidence considered while we still have our IC here to help process it.
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: April 10, 2017, 11:13:59 am »

I was just saying it looks like you've changed your gameplan here and it's very similar to what I posted earlier. So wait, you just posted intent to hammer, and yet you had just spent a couple posts pressuring Joseph? I'm sorry I just don't buy the "gathering evidence for tomorrow" thing, which is almost a scumslip, especially when you say you want to do it while we have the IC here. More appealing to the IC. More hedginess. If you're scum mislynching me is a great move. You've already started suspecting Joseph and you know Robz wants to lynch Joseph so you wouldn't need to put so much effort into convincing him. Thus you would see a clear path to a win tomorrow by mislynching Joseph.

Vote: SA

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: April 10, 2017, 11:19:32 am »

On timings, the 6pm forum-time deadline is 11pm for me, and I'm pretty booked up between now and then. I leave work at 18.45ish to grab a quick dinner with friends before our choir rehearsal 19.30-21.30, and those are intense enough activities that I won't even be following along on my phone. If I skip the choir social, I should be able to get home around 22.00, and definitely online again by 22.30. In the meantime, before I leave work, I'm more likely to be dipping into the forum while I wait for batch processing jobs to finish, though work is actually pretty full-on just now.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: April 10, 2017, 11:36:44 am »

I'm so stumped. I guess probably we should just lynch Andrew.

I mean, the big thing is I should probably re-read, which maybe I will have time to do before deadline...

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile
Re: M97: intrigue and treason and stuff (schadnd II) (N1)
« Reply #739 on: April 10, 2017, 12:03:48 pm »

Vote Count 3.4

Robz888 (1): Joseph2302
AndrewisFTTW (2): gkrieg13, Robz888
SpaceAnemone (1): AndrewisFTTW

not voting (1): SpaceAnemone

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch. Day 3 ends Monday, April 10th at 6pm forum time. this is in 6hr
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: April 10, 2017, 12:09:46 pm »

unvote

rereading everyone now.

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: April 10, 2017, 12:11:04 pm »

Unvote and doing a reread now.

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: April 10, 2017, 12:13:08 pm »

Although I think scum is in {Robz, Andrew}

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: M97: intrigue and treason and stuff (schadnd II) (lesgo!)
« Reply #743 on: April 10, 2017, 12:28:40 pm »

D1 Final Vote Count

pingpongsam (5): SpaceAnemone, Joseph2302, Robz888, JaketheBaseballGod22, gkrieg13

Robz888 (2): LaLight, AndrewisFTTW
Joseph2302 (1): Dylan32

not voting (1): pingpongsam

With 9 alive, it took 5 to lynch.

Interesting that if Andrew really is scum, then both scum were off wagon, as was the IC.  Which means that town really sucked D1.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
Re: M97: intrigue and treason and stuff (schadnd II) (lesgo!)
« Reply #744 on: April 10, 2017, 12:32:12 pm »

D1 Final Vote Count

pingpongsam (5): SpaceAnemone, Joseph2302, Robz888, JaketheBaseballGod22, gkrieg13

Robz888 (2): LaLight, AndrewisFTTW
Joseph2302 (1): Dylan32

not voting (1): pingpongsam

With 9 alive, it took 5 to lynch.

Interesting that if Andrew really is scum, then both scum were off wagon, as was the IC.  Which means that town really sucked D1.

Not impossible. Day 1 was a very weird lynch.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
Re: M97: intrigue and treason and stuff (schadnd II) (D2)
« Reply #745 on: April 10, 2017, 12:45:10 pm »

Well, I re-read Joseph. He's posted very little, and almost nothing of substance, so it's a tough re-read. This is the only thing that sticks out. Here Joseph is voting for Dylan, which is putting his scum partner in a lot of jeopardy.

Vote: Dylan I guess trust the PR

PPE: 2

Of course, one of those PPEs is gkrieg, the IC, moving his vote to Andrew, which makes a vote for Dylan safer... if the IC is voting for Andrew, Andrew has a good chance of being lynched and voting for partner is safer. Of course, that's not how it went down.

Overall, Joseph has tried to pay like he's busy and barely paying attention, at one point he claimed that he hadn't really read the setup and assumed that every permutation had a rolecop.

I guess I just don't buy this level of detachment. Maybe it's genuine? But I hate watching scum play like this and win.

So that's my Joseph case. It's a sucky case because Joseph has barely played this game and so there's nothing to base anything on.

I'm fine to lynch Andrew today, but I'm gonna be pretty lazer focused on Joseph tomorrow if you're wrong, gkrieg.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: April 10, 2017, 12:49:14 pm »

A case on Joseph is not a case on me. Why are you so willing to lynch me instead of Space, if Joseph doesn't happen today?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: April 10, 2017, 12:52:29 pm »

A case on Joseph is not a case on me. Why are you so willing to lynch me instead of Space, if Joseph doesn't happen today?

I've seen town Space and I've seen scum Space and this feels like town Space. You on the other hand, I don't know, you feel pretty similar to your scum self from Mafia 96. Gkrieg has been building an okay case against you, and he's the IC. Bottom line, I have to bet on one person being town, and I'm most comfortable making this about Space.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: April 10, 2017, 01:08:34 pm »

Alright then, next time I'm town I'll make sure to not put any effort into the game whatsoever. Maybe everyone will townread me then!

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: April 10, 2017, 01:15:51 pm »

Everyone is referencing the one game that I've played recently and I happened to be scum. But that's your ONLY reference so it's very easy to point to that and say I'm acting similar. I linked to a couple older games where I'm town defending myself from being mislynchI but it's a little late to read over them now.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 38  All

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 16 queries.