Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 66  All

Author Topic: RMM42: Space Alert Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 190515 times)

Skumpy

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: skumpy
    • View Profile
Re: RMM42: Space Alert Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #1050 on: February 09, 2018, 02:04:40 am »

What you should be worried about is that there are 3 people (who notably aren't in the top half) who have not bothered to give any explanation about their night action. Normally, it wouldn't be so terrible, but now that we know that NOBODY went for a cop, then what the heck were they up to? Somebody blocked blue Round 2 (c'mon, obviously no one tried for WV round 3 - they wanted to go down the lift). Perhaps it was gkrieg. But as of right now, based on what people have said, he's the only person who possibly could've - and I find it very difficult to believe that he was both the only person who went red and the person who did in fact shut off blue. As I've said (and as you agreed), it's likely that it was somebody late in the order who did it. Such as, I don't know, Iguana?
And what do we get out of them claiming? Fakeclaiming anything is a super easy task here. e did not say something earlier because he wasn't around. I don't see the need to reveal info about myself. iguana is somewhat scummy, but not nearly as much as gkrieg.

OK. Give me a fakeclaim of what you did last night.
He is (and take this in a positive light Skumpy) eccentric, flamboyant and excessive at times. His posts are ones that cause people to look at him and say "huh?"

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: February 09, 2018, 02:21:26 am »

What you should be worried about is that there are 3 people (who notably aren't in the top half) who have not bothered to give any explanation about their night action. Normally, it wouldn't be so terrible, but now that we know that NOBODY went for a cop, then what the heck were they up to? Somebody blocked blue Round 2 (c'mon, obviously no one tried for WV round 3 - they wanted to go down the lift). Perhaps it was gkrieg. But as of right now, based on what people have said, he's the only person who possibly could've - and I find it very difficult to believe that he was both the only person who went red and the person who did in fact shut off blue. As I've said (and as you agreed), it's likely that it was somebody late in the order who did it. Such as, I don't know, Iguana?
And what do we get out of them claiming? Fakeclaiming anything is a super easy task here. e did not say something earlier because he wasn't around. I don't see the need to reveal info about myself. iguana is somewhat scummy, but not nearly as much as gkrieg.

Well I used a Tracker but it didn't work, then I went to blue and used Weak Visitor, but it failed!
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Skumpy

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: February 09, 2018, 02:47:30 am »

Well I used a Tracker but it didn't work, then I went to blue and used Weak Visitor, but it failed!

A lot easier once everyone ahead of you has claimed - when you do it earlier, you're running a much bigger risk of being caught. Also, a lot similar to RR's claim, as you yourself probably realized.

But see, now you have to plan for the next night. If you actually went Red and you claim Blue, you're about to be stuck in a web of lies based on N2 actions, unless you decide to move White to quickly fix things (which I am hithertoforth declaring as 'scummy').

Here's the thing about gkrieg: what was the scum discussion like the night before (let's even assume gkrieg is being truthful about not having blue). "Yeah, g13, you go Red and Down and take away the commute shot on the way. Nobody will suspect you of anything when you deny having used a 3rd action". If you're scum, why would gkrieg NOT take the cop shot away from town? And why do you think scum didn't use a copflip?
He is (and take this in a positive light Skumpy) eccentric, flamboyant and excessive at times. His posts are ones that cause people to look at him and say "huh?"

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: February 09, 2018, 03:09:08 am »

Here's the thing about gkrieg: what was the scum discussion like the night before (let's even assume gkrieg is being truthful about not having blue). "Yeah, g13, you go Red and Down and take away the commute shot on the way. Nobody will suspect you of anything when you deny having used a 3rd action". If you're scum, why would gkrieg NOT take the cop shot away from town? And why do you think scum didn't use a copflip?
Commuting is better than taking the Cop Shot away, since it takes away one shot at the Cop by removing energy AND protects you from investigation.

I'm by the way coming back around to scum!silver, seeing as we now know that the only targeting action scum took tonight was the nightkill.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: RMM42: Space Alert Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #1054 on: February 09, 2018, 03:16:43 am »

gkrieg reread.

blitz lynch!

vote: iguana
That seems unlike gkrieg.

I think Faust is townie
That is exactly the kind of read I expect to be the first thing scum utters.

vote: CJ

Haven't had the time to get back to this.  I'm hoping to be less busy tomorrow, but no promises.  In my attempting to follow along he looks scummier than iguana.
Wagon jump at 4th position.

Sorry guys, this has probably been my lowest activity for a game ever.  Reading along very sporadically and missing entire pages.  I get townie vibes from Mcmcsalot, and faust is also up there.  I don't get what is scummy about skumpy.  CJ still seems scummy to me and iguana has started looking townier.
Would love an explanation of how iguana was townie.

The people who don't want a Jelly lynch need to coordinate. If there is to be a serious alternative to that lynch, everyone not voting Jelly must be on the same wagon. And say what you will about whether or not Jelly is scummy, but it's always better for analysis if there's actually an alternative.

The other things that we can still call wagons are Skumpy and RR. Skumpy is not going to happen as Skumpy himself is off the Jelly wagon and will hardly self-vote. So, I present you the alternative: RR.

Unless anyone's up for the classic last-minute Awaclus lynch.

I would vote for RR.
But, of course, he doesn't.

Yeah that's it.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: February 09, 2018, 03:17:30 am »

Noted that it's of course entirely possible that scum!gkrieg went for the RB, but unexpectedly did not get it due to the Awaclus/Skumpy situation.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: February 09, 2018, 03:17:56 am »

Noted that it's of course entirely possible that scum!gkrieg went for the RB, but unexpectedly did not get it due to the Awaclus/Skumpy situation.
No wait... that would have been the first action. Nevermind.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: February 09, 2018, 03:20:06 am »

Thinking about what scum did with all their actions is good stuff. Obviously at least 4 were burned by move to red,Commute, Disable, nightkill. I assume that they spent a lot of time on movement, which indicates that a bunch of them might be on the lower deck.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: February 09, 2018, 03:21:13 am »

These people should use lower red card draw on other people:

iguana
silver
theorel
possibly Awaclus, though I disagree with that read.

Skumpy

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: February 09, 2018, 03:22:25 am »

Commuting is better than taking the Cop Shot away, since it takes away one shot at the Cop by removing energy AND protects you from investigation.

Copping also takes away an energy, and the plan was to fill the pool anyways. It's not suspicious if the tracker tracks you because you used an honest cop result. And commuting doesn't protect you from investigation - either the cop/tracker knows you commuted or somebody has to claim roleblocker.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: February 09, 2018, 03:37:29 am »

Copping also takes away an energy, and the plan was to fill the pool anyways. It's not suspicious if the tracker tracks you because you used an honest cop result. And commuting doesn't protect you from investigation - either the cop/tracker knows you commuted or somebody has to claim roleblocker.

Why do you protect gkrieg? What is your scumread?
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

Skumpy

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: February 09, 2018, 04:12:33 am »

Why do you protect gkrieg? What is your scumread?

I've voted my scumread. Since nobody cares, I'll change...eventually. Once I make a vote, I'll be gone through deadline.

As for gkrieg, maybe I'm playing a little bit of devil's advocate. Obviously, what he did is scummy. But if the scum plan overnight was for him to go Red/[something]/Down(or not - we don't know for sure yet)...how was claiming this going to let him survive the day? Someone else would be scummier? There's no good reason for either alignment to not grab the cop shot, since the group plan was that nobody before would.

As for Awaclus: I think there was scum on my wagon yesterday, and I don't think it was you. Meaning either Awaclus or Roadrunner (or both). If anybody else had done what Awaclus did yesterday, they would have been lynched eons ago. Except it was Awaclus. So he gets a free pass. What he did was potentially sabotage red users (though somehow, that was avoided), and sabotage me and make it look like my actions were really Skummy. Then there's the question of the print-out. It seems that the 3 roles he revealed were honest. But no copswitches? That still befuddles me that none of the 4 scum wanted to switch? If Awaclus is lying scum...why? Probably because there are people who went to blue that now get are a lot less suspicious (like ss and Haddock). If Awaclus is telling the truth...whose idea was it to not copswitch? It's certainly not what I would've suggested. So somebody that truly believed going to blue was a bad idea, like faust?

I got distracted. TLDR:

gkrieg: Not going for cop makes no sense as town. Not going for cop, then admitting to not going for cop, makes no sense as scum. He claimed color movement really early on...what did he expect to hide behind?
Awaclus: I just really want to policy lynch this. Not because of what he does the during day, but for not paying attention and doing stupid stuff at night. And I still like a 50/50 between this and RR. Just because it's standard Awaclus doesn't make it town Awaclus.

I've got time yet. You have a few hours to convince me one way or another.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: February 09, 2018, 05:00:56 am »

If anybody else had done what Awaclus did yesterday, they would have been lynched eons ago. Except it was Awaclus. So he gets a free pass.
You say this as if it were true.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: February 09, 2018, 05:02:10 am »

There is no reason to believe that scum was on your wagon.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: February 09, 2018, 05:03:01 am »

I mean, you are saying that looking for scum in the upper half is crappy and then base your scumreads on a way more arbitrary preselection...

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: February 09, 2018, 05:03:43 am »

gkrieg: Not going for cop makes no sense as town. Not going for cop, then admitting to not going for cop, makes no sense as scum. He claimed color movement really early on...what did he expect to hide behind?
Too scummy to be scum.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: February 09, 2018, 05:09:03 am »

Vote Count 2.4

gkrieg13 (5): 2.71828....., iguanaiguana, LaLight, Awaclus, faust
iguanaiguana (1): Skumpy
Awaclus (4): Haddock, gkrieg13, Roadrunner7671, EFHW
theorel (1): silverspawn
Not Voting (1): theorel

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
D2 ends at noon forum time on Friday 9th February. This is just under 7 hours from now.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: February 09, 2018, 05:18:38 am »

It's also funny that you are applying the same reasoning that you don't want to accept in the case of Awaclus for gkrieg's actions. With the exception that gkrieg actually has had some leeway to do anti-town action while we can pretty much be sure that Awaclus did only use pro-town actions.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: February 09, 2018, 05:39:30 am »

vote: faust just to register my read.  Not actually expecting that anyone will care.

I could go for gkrieg eventually, just to get a lynch through, I guess.  Can someone please summarise the case in simple terms?
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: February 09, 2018, 05:47:17 am »

vote: faust just to register my read.  Not actually expecting that anyone will care.

I could go for gkrieg eventually, just to get a lynch through, I guess.  Can someone please summarise the case in simple terms?

This:

Anyway vote: gkrieg is the place to be I think.

Why?
You went to red and claim to not have done anything. That's super scummy; you could have easily used Cop and left it for scum. You claimed to not have had the cards to do what was asked of you, which is unlikely. You were in the upper half. You were on the awful Jelly wagon.

plus he hasn't done anything useful this game.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: February 09, 2018, 05:49:12 am »

Also gkrieg claims that he was on Jelly "to get a lynch through" when he explicitly stated a scumread on him during D1.

Skumpy

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: February 09, 2018, 06:08:28 am »

Alright, here goes nothing.
Vote: gkrieg

The last day of my postings was really me just playing devil's advocate, and trying to suppress frustration with allowing Awaclus to stick around. Yeah, the explanation for the night actions is just too iffy. I could say a lot more, but it's all been said already. I'm gonna get scumread hard for this vote - that's OK, just playin' my game over here. Not sure on the alignment, but I give this lynch a much better shot than Cheesy.

L-1

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: February 09, 2018, 08:05:27 am »

vote: Awaclus
Really?

This is ridiculous.

I actually was sheeping you! The gkrieg wagon was looking scummy to me. Catching up before switching.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: February 09, 2018, 08:11:31 am »

vote: Awaclus
Really?

This is ridiculous.

I actually was sheeping you! The gkrieg wagon was looking scummy to me. Catching up before switching.
I was only voting Awaclus because his story didn't match up with public info. You voted after that was clarified...

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: February 09, 2018, 08:22:24 am »

Now I'm caught up. vote: gkrieg
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 66  All

Page created in 2.331 seconds with 14 queries.