Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 66  All

Author Topic: RMM42: Space Alert Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 189209 times)

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
Re: RMM42: Space Alert Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #175 on: January 23, 2018, 08:36:27 am »

Reporting in for duty. More after my shift at astrogation ends!

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 23, 2018, 09:15:19 am »

I don't think we should coordinate N1. But I am open to being convinced otherwise
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 23, 2018, 09:16:49 am »

Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 23, 2018, 09:29:51 am »

I don't think we should coordinate N1. But I am open to being convinced otherwise
We shouldn't exactly coordinate, but there are some things that should be avoided and other things that should be prioritized, see my previous post.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 23, 2018, 10:39:19 am »

We shouldn't exactly coordinate, but there are some things that should be avoided and other things that should be prioritized, see my previous post.

Yeah, I think theory talk is very important. We just shouldn't take it to the point of "I have these cards, you have those, let's do this"

Until like D3 or so.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: January 23, 2018, 11:39:25 am »

Here.  I had actually stopped checking the forum because I'm not in any games atm and had forgotten about this one.  I'm glad I checked this morning!

I agree with faust that there are things we should try to do and things we should try to avoid, but that coordinating actions seems like a horrible idea.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 23, 2018, 12:30:49 pm »

That depends on what coordinating means.

If we conclude that we want several things to be done we could coordinate like so: everyone randoms a number from 1 to 10; if they get 1 or 2 they do X, if they get 3 to 5 they do Y, if they get 6 they do Z else they do whatever they want.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 23, 2018, 12:44:59 pm »

That depends on what coordinating means.

If we conclude that we want several things to be done we could coordinate like so: everyone randoms a number from 1 to 10; if they get 1 or 2 they do X, if they get 3 to 5 they do Y, if they get 6 they do Z else they do whatever they want.
Except what you should do depends on where you are in player order. We probably want to grab the Tracker shot in Upper White, but that will only go to a player that is high in player order.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 23, 2018, 02:46:02 pm »

Yes; we could incorporate player order, though.

I have a feeling that players won't do it because many don't like randomness but I also have a feeling that the optimal play probably includes doing it.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 23, 2018, 03:20:18 pm »

I have a feeling that players won't do it because many don't like randomness but I also have a feeling that the optimal play probably includes doing it.

I think randomness hurts mafia a lot more than town early on. As the game progresses and we catch scum, we should get more and more organized. But random is good for town early I believe

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 23, 2018, 03:29:29 pm »

I think randomness hurts mafia a lot more than town early on. As the game progresses and we catch scum, we should get more and more organized. But random is good for town early I believe

I don't think silver and you mean the same by 'randomness'. Randomness and being organized are not mutually exclusive.

Skumpy

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: skumpy
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 23, 2018, 03:30:30 pm »

You people are no-fun roleplaying-haters.

Kinda don't want to share everything I'm thinking until my questions about setup are answered, as well as

Does a disabled mafia-game action show up to the Status Print-out, and does it count against the 1 mafia-game action per Space phase limit?

In the meantime, the sneak peak of my ideas are: I disagree with everybody.
He is (and take this in a positive light Skumpy) eccentric, flamboyant and excessive at times. His posts are ones that cause people to look at him and say "huh?"

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 23, 2018, 03:30:44 pm »

Also, we should catch scum. Like this: vote: iguanaiguana

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 23, 2018, 03:34:03 pm »

Also, we should catch scum. Like this: vote: iguanaiguana
strong case. vote: iguana

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 23, 2018, 04:22:46 pm »

blitz lynch!

vote: iguana

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 23, 2018, 04:23:22 pm »

We could do something with player order, but the problem is that not everyone has the same cards, so we can't actually plan what each person in player order will do.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 23, 2018, 05:44:09 pm »

I'm a town.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 23, 2018, 05:44:41 pm »

This is a Wagons! I can't get behind.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 23, 2018, 06:18:22 pm »

This is a Wagons! I can't get behind.

Scummy

CheesyJelly

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 23, 2018, 06:20:51 pm »

Hello everybody!  I missed us warping in, but I have woken up in time to contribute the following:
1) SPAAAAAAAAACE
2) I think the closest we should get towards co-ordinating is agreeing things like "Hey, it would be swell if somebody wiggled the mouse tonight."
3) Hey, it would be swell if somebody wiggled the mouse tonight.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: January 23, 2018, 06:38:56 pm »

To reiterate my proposal –

This night (and this night only, because it stops working once we're not all at the top) the player with the highest votes at the EoD should wiggle the mouse. There is no mechanism in the game that can stop them, and it is not a good target for scum because that player is the highest lynch target at that point, so we're glad if they've been killed. If they are in fact scum it's doubly good, because then scum has to do a pro-town thing. There is also an enforcement mechanism: we'll know whether wiggle the mouse has been used, and we can lynch the player if it hasn't.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 23, 2018, 06:39:16 pm »

Highest votes except for the player who's been lynched, of course.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 23, 2018, 07:10:56 pm »

Answers to questions that have been asked so far.

1) The scum NK is definitely a mafia-game action, and interacts with other mafia-game actions. See the "Action Resolution" section for details.

2) Scum may make an NK instead of one of their Space-phase card actions. They may still play two other cards during the Space Phase. How many they go into the next day with depends on how many cards they played, and whether anything else affected their card draw.

3) The three lifts operate independently, and jam separately.

4) The tracker and commuter are mafia-game actions that are resolved in the Mafia Action Resolution phase, and operate on other mafia-game actions. They do not interact with non-mafia-game Space Phase activities, even if those actions are played with a target. Consider the Space Phase as a convoluted way of doling out one-shot powers, and the Resolution phase as what happens in a normal mafia game.

5) Players will be informed in their QT about the outcome of their prescribed actions. I will announce basic ship status updates at the start of each day phase, but these will not include player locations visible to any other players.

6) The only actions that show up on the status printout are mafia-game actions that have been won during a given Space Phase. If the action is disabled, or if nobody wins a particular one-shot power over the course of a Space Phase, it will not be listed.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

CheesyJelly

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 23, 2018, 07:36:36 pm »

This night (and this night only, because it stops working once we're not all at the top) the player with the highest votes at the EoD should wiggle the mouse. There is no mechanism in the game that can stop them, and it is not a good target for scum because that player is the highest lynch target at that point, so we're glad if they've been killed. If they are in fact scum it's doubly good, because then scum has to do a pro-town thing. There is also an enforcement mechanism: we'll know whether wiggle the mouse has been used, and we can lynch the player if it hasn't.

Sorry Silver.  Missed the original proposal in my rush to catch up.  I like the sound of this.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 23, 2018, 08:55:25 pm »

I never like dictating what someone has to do at night. That being said, not a terrible plan.

It could also be modified to "lowest poster" or any other metric we want. I don't know that "(second) most votes" necessarily needs to be the wiggler of the mouse
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 66  All

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 16 queries.