Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 45  All

Author Topic: M95: UChoose Flavor™: physics mafia (game overrrrrrrrrrrrrr)  (Read 109045 times)

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
Re: M95: UChoose Flavor™: physics mafia (D3)
« Reply #850 on: March 13, 2017, 10:30:39 am »

Gkrieg plays too perfect town game.

What do you mean by this? I don't think gkrieg's game has been Towny at all, despite him repeatedly claiming so. Does anyone else actually think he's Towny (apart from his "Townslip")?
I do

Why?
Why do you think he's not?
Scummy here.
? I think by the idea of innocent until proven guilty so until someone can say why griekg is scummy he's not plus he has done mostly towny things this game.
Baseball For Life
Mafia Record Overall (6-14) 30%

Town Wins (4-11) 26.7% M88L, M89L, NM9L, M91L, M95L, M97L,NM10W, RMM41L, M100L, M103L, M105W, M107W, RMM45W, M109L, RMM46L

Scum Wins (2-3) 40% M87L, M94W, ZM23L, M99L, ZM24W

MVP's: None

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: March 13, 2017, 10:39:23 am »

What do you mean by this? I don't think gkrieg's game has been Towny at all, despite him repeatedly claiming so. Does anyone else actually think he's Towny (apart from his "Townslip")?
I do

Why?
Scummy here.
? I think by the idea of innocent until proven guilty so until someone can say why griekg is scummy he's not plus he has done mostly towny things this game.

There's no player whose playstyle is more opposite "innocent until proven guilty" than yours, Jake.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: March 13, 2017, 10:43:10 am »

I do

Why?
Scummy here.

There's no player whose playstyle is more opposite "innocent until proven guilty" than yours, Jake.
Yeah sure yep totally but I still see no reasons as to contraindicate my towny view of griekg.
Baseball For Life
Mafia Record Overall (6-14) 30%

Town Wins (4-11) 26.7% M88L, M89L, NM9L, M91L, M95L, M97L,NM10W, RMM41L, M100L, M103L, M105W, M107W, RMM45W, M109L, RMM46L

Scum Wins (2-3) 40% M87L, M94W, ZM23L, M99L, ZM24W

MVP's: None

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: March 13, 2017, 12:51:43 pm »

You volunteered that you think that gkrieg is towny and Jimmmmm asked you why. Instead of answering you turn the question back on him and say gkrieg should be innocent until proven guilty.  But if you make an assertion, like you did, that someone is towny, it is perfectly legit for someone to ask you to elaborate. So you are avoiding the question.  My guess is you threw the "I think gkrieg is towny" thing in without looking at any actual posts by him.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: March 13, 2017, 01:52:32 pm »

Sorry, life has been busy recently. Not convinced by Robz case on LaLight.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #855 on: March 13, 2017, 05:07:23 pm »

What is so far fetched about the idea that scum would attempt to gain Towncred in this way? Is it that they would be unable to think of it, or would not be bold enough to try it? I could totally see them discussing in their QT: "I'll Townslip at the start of the next Day, you guys back me up." I'm not saying it in itself is a case, but to completely ignore everything else someone has done because of it? Towncred is pretty much the number one thing scum is trying to achieve.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: March 13, 2017, 05:19:15 pm »

What is so far fetched about the idea that scum would attempt to gain Towncred in this way? Is it that they would be unable to think of it, or would not be bold enough to try it? I could totally see them discussing in their QT: "I'll Townslip at the start of the next Day, you guys back me up." I'm not saying it in itself is a case, but to completely ignore everything else someone has done because of it? Towncred is pretty much the number one thing scum is trying to achieve.

Oh it could definitely happen, and I've lost games for assigning too much wait to fake!slips... but this one really didn't seem fake to me.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: March 13, 2017, 05:30:03 pm »

Oh it could definitely happen, and I've lost games for assigning too much wait to fake!slips... but this one really didn't seem fake to me.

How do four words with no real other context seem fake or otherwise? Basically you're saying scum is unable to come up with the words "Also strange scum kill."

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: March 13, 2017, 05:47:54 pm »

I also wasn't on any of the town wagons D1

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: March 13, 2017, 05:50:02 pm »

That doesn't make you Towny.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: March 13, 2017, 05:52:26 pm »

Another highlight i don't like. People don't usually gather their town!achievements. Unless they know that in some time they will prove they're town and they will need a perfect alibi.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: March 13, 2017, 05:56:06 pm »

Actually literally everyone was on a Town wagon at the end of Day 1. If we're going by that, the scummiest were those on the Dylan (who I thought was pretty obviously Town) wagon, who didn't help push through either viable lynch (admittedly those of us on the RR wagon didn't help the Eevee lynch either). Claiming Town points for that is pretty scummy.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: March 13, 2017, 06:05:05 pm »

Actually literally everyone was on a Town wagon at the end of Day 1. If we're going by that, the scummiest were those on the Dylan (who I thought was pretty obviously Town) wagon, who didn't help push through either viable lynch (admittedly those of us on the RR wagon didn't help the Eevee lynch either). Claiming Town points for that is pretty scummy.

Dylan was not obviously town.  I know I was wrong about him, but the fact that he almost got lynched means that he wasn't obviously town.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
Re: M95: UChoose Flavor™
« Reply #863 on: March 13, 2017, 06:07:23 pm »

Dylan was not obviously town.  I know I was wrong about him, but the fact that he almost got lynched means that he wasn't obviously town.

Do you admit that you lied about not being on any Town wagons then?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: March 13, 2017, 06:16:09 pm »

Do you admit that you lied about not being on any Town wagons then?

I had forgotten who I was on D1, just that it wasn't on either of the people who had flipped town by D2.  Now with Dylan's flip, you are right that I was on a town wagon.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: March 13, 2017, 07:47:27 pm »

vote: WW, as he is actually scum this game

Yes this is RTS, but he immediately shows an attitude of wanting to have strong reads.

Wow ya Dylan is definitely scum.

Why?

I think his emotion was off on that post I mentioned earlier, and I think this weird sheep vote is also out of character for him.

The "off" emotion was entirely in the words "Dang it". The "weird sheep vote" was semi-RVS and ~130 posts into Day 1.

Definitely was just because there were two scummy things that he did today.

LaLight gets scummier and scummier with his defense.

Also Dylan is so far in the background.  Much more than he usually is.

The way that Dylan and LaLight are voting for each other makes me almost certain that one or both of them are scum.

Another (almost) certainty. He didn't give any reason why them voting for each other meant one or both was scum. The two of them didn't really have much direct interaction that I could find.

I guess I'll move to RR to get a lynch, but I really doubt he is scum, whereas Dylan is actually scum

"Actually scum". The same words he used in his opening RVS vote (I say this because it demonstrates the attitude he came into the game with.

that was the hammer right?

This was dubious. I'll admit to my shame that I stopped checking the thread (I was also busy) because of this post.

And that's the highlights of his Day 1. Basically he tunnelled Dylan, incorrectly calling him "definitely scum" for very little reason, and then added LaLight (one or both), again for very little reason.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: March 13, 2017, 07:48:02 pm »

Yeah so much for leaning town on Robz after the flip. Right now Robz is scummy, and (admittedly a bit of OMGUS) gkrieg feels slightly scummy to, in part because of the whole "that was the hammer right?" and then going offline through the end of the deadline at L-1. I know it is a mistake town could honestly make, but it is also perfect excuse to leave your vote on a wagon you know is town for scum.

Ok, I actually thought it was the hammer.  I wasn't excited about the RR lynch anyway.  And I was one of 3 people not on either town wagon.  How is that scummy.

Here is the first indication of how concerned he is with his own Towniness. What he took away from Day 1 was nothing about other players' alignments but rather, "I was on neither confirmed Town wagon, therefore I'm Towny".

This explains why he recently (#858) forgot that he actually was on a Town wagon on Day 1. All he cared about was his apparent Towniness. He didn't realise that it was different now that Dylan is dead because he already knew Dylan was Town.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: March 13, 2017, 08:01:34 pm »

vote: WW, as he is actually scum this game

Yes this is RTS, but he immediately shows an attitude of wanting to have strong reads.

Wow ya Dylan is definitely scum.

Why?

I think his emotion was off on that post I mentioned earlier, and I think this weird sheep vote is also out of character for him.

The "off" emotion was entirely in the words "Dang it". The "weird sheep vote" was semi-RVS and ~130 posts into Day 1.

Definitely was just because there were two scummy things that he did today.

LaLight gets scummier and scummier with his defense.

Also Dylan is so far in the background.  Much more than he usually is.

The way that Dylan and LaLight are voting for each other makes me almost certain that one or both of them are scum.

Another (almost) certainty. He didn't give any reason why them voting for each other meant one or both was scum. The two of them didn't really have much direct interaction that I could find.

I guess I'll move to RR to get a lynch, but I really doubt he is scum, whereas Dylan is actually scum

"Actually scum". The same words he used in his opening RVS vote (I say this because it demonstrates the attitude he came into the game with.

that was the hammer right?

This was dubious. I'll admit to my shame that I stopped checking the thread (I was also busy) because of this post.

And that's the highlights of his Day 1. Basically he tunnelled Dylan, incorrectly calling him "definitely scum" for very little reason, and then added LaLight (one or both), again for very little reason.

This would work as a meta argument for me being scum if it wasn't my town meta.  Look at previous town and scum games from me, I'm just confident in my reads. 

Yeah so much for leaning town on Robz after the flip. Right now Robz is scummy, and (admittedly a bit of OMGUS) gkrieg feels slightly scummy to, in part because of the whole "that was the hammer right?" and then going offline through the end of the deadline at L-1. I know it is a mistake town could honestly make, but it is also perfect excuse to leave your vote on a wagon you know is town for scum.

Ok, I actually thought it was the hammer.  I wasn't excited about the RR lynch anyway.  And I was one of 3 people not on either town wagon.  How is that scummy.

Here is the first indication of how concerned he is with his own Towniness. What he took away from Day 1 was nothing about other players' alignments but rather, "I was on neither confirmed Town wagon, therefore I'm Towny".

This explains why he recently (#858) forgot that he actually was on a Town wagon on Day 1. All he cared about was his apparent Towniness. He didn't realise that it was different now that Dylan is dead because he already knew Dylan was Town.

You could at least try and see it from both perspectives.  I didn't think Dylan was town until he flipped at the beginning of this day, and I thought I was on LaLight at the end of D1, instead of Dylan.  Also that was clearly before I had reread the thread, which means that really at that point I had only taken from D1 that I looked townie, not that anyone looked scummy from the flips yet.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: March 13, 2017, 08:15:25 pm »

I have read the case on gkrieg, and every quote that was pulled to make him look scum made him look more town.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: March 14, 2017, 01:11:44 am »

Still no quickhammer which leads to the conclusion that Jimmmmm/Robz or both are scum. I need to reread Jimmmmm.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #870 on: March 14, 2017, 09:04:09 am »

Still no quickhammer which leads to the conclusion that Jimmmmm/Robz or both are scum. I need to reread Jimmmmm.
Your being scum is another conclusion one could draw.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: March 14, 2017, 09:13:13 am »

You know who I'm starting to get a bad feeling about? Calamitas.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: March 14, 2017, 10:45:48 am »

You know who I'm starting to get a bad feeling about? Calamitas.

Right, he's here. Why?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: March 14, 2017, 10:46:15 am »

Your being scum is another conclusion one could draw.

But not me, cause i know that i'm town :)

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: March 14, 2017, 10:51:11 am »

vote: LaLight
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 45  All

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 20 queries.