Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 45  All

Author Topic: M95: UChoose Flavor™: physics mafia (game overrrrrrrrrrrrrr)  (Read 109049 times)

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
Re: M95: UChoose Flavor™: physics mafia (D1)
« Reply #200 on: February 19, 2017, 04:42:02 pm »

Okay so about the setup.

We have a Jailkeeper who I'm sure is smart enough to figure out how to use their power and we need not talk about it.
We have a Vig who as we know should not shoot until at least the mid-late game.
And we have a Named Townie who has dreams of catching scum but will probably never happen.

Scum have a Rolecop which should help them PR-hunt quite a bit.
If they get a JK, it may be helpful for them given the PoE they will have already been doing.

Ultimately the best thing we have going for us setup-wise is the possibility of blocking a scum kill. As I said, this doesn't really need to be talked about any further, so for now we should pretty much treat it like a vanilla game and focus on scumhunting.
Just saw this and I'm not sure about the "vig-not-shooting" part. We are an even number of people so shooting should be at least worth consideration. I think the extra info on D2 would definitely be useful and I don't think the potential benefit in regard to odds by waiting until the night before MyLo is worth the risk of having a town-controlled kill less. So overall I think the vig should shoot here.

Clearly it's up to the Vig and not worth talking too much about, but I think it's generally accepted that early game Vigs are generally anti-Town, and later more informed shots are better.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 19, 2017, 05:28:07 pm »

I think an unconventional takeaway might be that some of the best players should be lynched more often day 1, as they'd be harder to figure out and and more capable of misleading the town later if they had rolled scum.

I do not generally agree with this approach. Not all "good" players are equally good at being scum as they are at being town. I think it's possible that it's better to lynch people on Day 1 who are just hard to read in general. In this game, that's probably going to be UoS and harbinger, since I've never played with the latter and I haven't played with the former in ages and ages. I don't like to lynch true newbies on Day 1, though.

WW is also sort of hard to read, I guess, in my opinion.
WW is a great example of someone who is very good, and very very hard to read.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 19, 2017, 05:33:07 pm »

Vote: LaLight

Meaning i am one of the best players? Well, thank you, but no. I am still town. Do you have any case?
I remembered you being a more visible player in all of the previous games we've played together. This time I think you've been blending in a little more, which could be scum playing more cautiously than your usual, bolder town-playstyle (which I think you've even said before - the "I wouldn't have said/done that if I was scum" - defense, I could be wrong about that though).

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 19, 2017, 05:50:56 pm »

Wow ya Dylan is definitely scum.

Why?

I think his emotion was off on that post I mentioned earlier, and I think this weird sheep vote is also out of character for him.

I was going to vote LL after rereading anyway and voiced agreement for the previous vote. I didn't actually intend to suggest that the prior vote led me to that conclusion, although looking back I definitely see why you see it like that.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 19, 2017, 06:03:41 pm »

Okay so about the setup.

We have a Jailkeeper who I'm sure is smart enough to figure out how to use their power and we need not talk about it.
We have a Vig who as we know should not shoot until at least the mid-late game.
And we have a Named Townie who has dreams of catching scum but will probably never happen.

Scum have a Rolecop which should help them PR-hunt quite a bit.
If they get a JK, it may be helpful for them given the PoE they will have already been doing.

Ultimately the best thing we have going for us setup-wise is the possibility of blocking a scum kill. As I said, this doesn't really need to be talked about any further, so for now we should pretty much treat it like a vanilla game and focus on scumhunting.
Just saw this and I'm not sure about the "vig-not-shooting" part. We are an even number of people so shooting should be at least worth consideration. I think the extra info on D2 would definitely be useful and I don't think the potential benefit in regard to odds by waiting until the night before MyLo is worth the risk of having a town-controlled kill less. So overall I think the vig should shoot here.

Calamitas making setup-theory posts I don't agree with is very much his town MO.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 19, 2017, 06:04:39 pm »

Meaning i am one of the best players? Well, thank you, but no. I am still town. Do you have any case?
I remembered you being a more visible player in all of the previous games we've played together. This time I think you've been blending in a little more, which could be scum playing more cautiously than your usual, bolder town-playstyle (which I think you've even said before - the "I wouldn't have said/done that if I was scum" - defense, I could be wrong about that though).

LL also blended in early in Mafia 90 and we advanced the case that this made him scum. But we (me, Eevee, WW) were scum making that case, and LL was town.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 20, 2017, 12:11:06 am »

I am less active lately due to much IRL stuff happening, mostly new job and the fact I am not active on weekends ever. I hope I will have time to reread and step up today.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 20, 2017, 08:36:15 am »

Well, I have reread and saw that WW jumped on every wagon so far. I expect scum!WW to be more cautious I think. i don't know, mostly people are null tome. I am comfortable with my vote on Dylan tho.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 20, 2017, 08:41:12 am »

Well, I have reread and saw that WW jumped on every wagon so far. I expect scum!WW to be more cautious I think. i don't know, mostly people are null tome. I am comfortable with my vote on Dylan tho.

I don't think that's a safe assumption. WW is really great at getting away with stuff like that as scum.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 20, 2017, 08:49:59 am »

I don't think that's a safe assumption. WW is really great at getting away with stuff like that as scum.

It's levels and levels. I would say this is really scummy, but in WW's case... Well, maybe it's really he does that as scum so everyone would think he's town because he would never do that as scum. I may believe in that. vote: WW.

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: February 20, 2017, 09:13:48 am »

harbinger has failed to respond to prods and is being replaced.
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 20, 2017, 10:03:39 am »

I agree.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 20, 2017, 11:56:31 am »

It's levels and levels. I would say this is really scummy, but in WW's case... Well, maybe it's really he does that as scum so everyone would think he's town because he would never do that as scum. I may believe in that. vote: WW.

Delayed OMGUS!

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 20, 2017, 11:56:42 am »

Wait, DOMGUS.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 20, 2017, 04:00:31 pm »

I actually agree with Calamitas on the theory issue, but it's also not worth talking about.

I want to hear Gkrieg's reasoning for the "definitely."

What do the other people voting LaLight think of my reason for voting LaLight way back?

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 20, 2017, 06:52:51 pm »

What do the other people voting LaLight think of my reason for voting LaLight way back?

As someone not voting for LaLight, I disagree. 

It wasn't harmful to town and I'm glad to be out of RVS, and I think WW is wrong about that being a bit ridiculous about that being "a classic scum ploy."

This is what got my vote:

That was a rvs joke i was thinking about the game even started, that would be funny if the flavor will be weird and non-popular just because scum cooperated for choosing it. Actually i helped us out of rvs luckily.

LaLight seemed serious and as soon as he got any criticism he's trying to play it off as a joke.

There is always the classic "all jokes are scummy" that some people believe (or used to believe) in.  There is some historical data that backs it up (I have totally played free and loose as scum making jokes and such) but also some historical data that refutes it (I have also made jokes as town).  The question is whether LaLight makes jokes here.  Looking at his first post (the one that brought this all up) I tend to think that this is more town!LaLight making pseudo-serious joke post about flavor.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 20, 2017, 06:58:35 pm »

I could get on board with this

vote: WW
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 20, 2017, 07:11:20 pm »

I actually agree with Calamitas on the theory issue, but it's also not worth talking about.

I want to hear Gkrieg's reasoning for the "definitely."

Definitely was just because there were two scummy things that he did today.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 20, 2017, 07:23:58 pm »

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 21, 2017, 12:59:53 pm »

EFHW has replaced harbinger, effective immediately. everyone say thank you to EFHW
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 21, 2017, 01:04:58 pm »

Thank you, EFHW!

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 21, 2017, 01:26:17 pm »

Thanks EFHW!

You're town, right?
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 21, 2017, 01:29:40 pm »

Welcome, EFHW.

So, everyone really liked the WW pile on, huh?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 21, 2017, 01:30:26 pm »

Welcome, EFHW.

So, everyone really liked the WW pile on, huh?

No?

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: M95: UChoose Flavor™
« Reply #224 on: February 21, 2017, 01:33:01 pm »

Vote Count 1.5

Calamitas (1): Roadrunner7671
Dylan32 (2): EFHW, gkrieg13
LaLight (4): UmbrageOfSnow, Eevee, Dylan32, Witherweaver
Witherweaver (3): LaLight, 2.71828..., Jimmmmm

Not voting (2): Calamitas, Robz888

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Day 1 ends Wednesday, Feb. 22 at 10pm forum time. this is in 1 day + 8 and a half hours
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 45  All

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 17 queries.