Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 45  All

Author Topic: M95: UChoose Flavor™: physics mafia (game overrrrrrrrrrrrrr)  (Read 109050 times)

Calamitas

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Calamitas
    • View Profile
Re: M95: UChoose Flavor™: physics mafia (D1)
« Reply #125 on: February 15, 2017, 01:32:20 am »

The fact whether someone voted physics or not is actually not irrelevant.

Why?
The probability of physics being elected when ash is town is smaller than the probability of physics being elected when ash is scum.
Oh, i just don't like mafia games.

Town (5/9): M85, RMM35, M87, NM9, M90RMM38, M92, M91, M102,
Scum (3/3): M84, M88, M100

MVPs (1): M84

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 15, 2017, 01:32:57 am »

The fact whether someone voted physics or not is actually not irrelevant.

Why?
The probability of physics being elected when ash is town is greater than the probability of physics being elected when ash is scum.
Fixed, had it written the wrong way

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 15, 2017, 02:22:04 am »

It wasn't harmful to town and I'm glad to be out of RVS, and I think WW is wrong about that being a bit ridiculous about that being "a classic scum ploy."

This is what got my vote:

That was a rvs joke i was thinking about the game even started, that would be funny if the flavor will be weird and non-popular just because scum cooperated for choosing it. Actually i helped us out of rvs luckily.

LaLight seemed serious and as soon as he got any criticism he's trying to play it off as a joke.

Thing is that I was 100% joking. Somehow that went as a serious conversation i the end. I think flavor choosing is irrelevant and I don't think RR is IC.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 15, 2017, 07:57:58 am »

Yeah, it's sort of a wrong reasoning right conclusion type of thing.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 15, 2017, 08:08:36 am »

It wasn't harmful to town and I'm glad to be out of RVS, and I think WW is wrong about that being a bit ridiculous about that being "a classic scum ploy."

That was a rvs joke i was thinking about the game even started, that would be funny if the flavor will be weird and non-popular just because scum cooperated for choosing it. Actually i helped us out of rvs luckily.

LaLight seemed serious and as soon as he got any criticism he's trying to play it off as a joke.

Overly edited IS a scumtell in my book, but was this really over edited?
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 15, 2017, 08:44:25 am »

Thing is that I was 100% joking. Somehow that went as a serious conversation i the end. I think flavor choosing is irrelevant and I don't think RR is IC.
It is not irrelevant, it is proper evidence and makes rr more likely to be town. Not remotely close to IC but still evidence in favor of him being town.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 15, 2017, 09:19:05 am »

I agree with WW here. I know I do everything I can when I am scum to try to prove my towniness, but as town I err on the side of assuming I am an IC and that it is obviously clear that I am town. It's the whole "try-hard scum" move.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

harbinger

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 15, 2017, 12:17:47 pm »

It is not irrelevant, it is proper evidence and makes rr more likely to be town. Not remotely close to IC but still evidence in favor of him being town.

The problem is that this evidence is so small, that all the other clues will probably overshadow it. I would just leave it aside for now

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 15, 2017, 12:42:15 pm »

I agree with WW here. I know I do everything I can when I am scum to try to prove my towniness, but as town I err on the side of assuming I am an IC and that it is obviously clear that I am town. It's the whole "try-hard scum" move.

So what version of that message would have made me look more town?

Think about this, it's not a rhetorical question.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 15, 2017, 12:43:50 pm »

The problem is that this evidence is so small, that all the other clues will probably overshadow it. I would just leave it aside for now

You don't get anywhere on Day 1 without jumping on little scraps of evidence.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: February 15, 2017, 01:06:02 pm »

You don't get anywhere on Day 1 without jumping on little scraps of evidence.

You do have to be careful what little scraps of evidence you jump on though...
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile
Re: M95: UChoose Flavor™
« Reply #136 on: February 15, 2017, 06:18:34 pm »

Vote Count 1.2

Witherweaver (1): gkrieg13
Jimmmmm (3): 2.71828..., Robz888, Dylan32
UmbrageOfSnow (2): Jimmmmm, Witherweaver
Calamitas (2): LaLight, Roadrunner7671
Dylan32 (1): harbinger
LaLight (1): UmbrageOfSnow

Not voting (2): Eevee, Calamitas

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Day 1 ends Wednesday, Feb. 22 at 10pm forum time.
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 15, 2017, 07:03:17 pm »

Why isn't e voting for me?  Especially after that "try-hard scum" comment?

Vote: 2.71828...

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 15, 2017, 07:53:30 pm »

I can only vote for your team one at a time
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 15, 2017, 08:21:37 pm »

My only regret is that I have but one vote to give for my town.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 15, 2017, 09:30:20 pm »

I don't actually think Jimm is that scummy. Or anyone else for that matter. Unvote

Stuff is happening, I know, but I'm not getting a lot out of it...

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 15, 2017, 11:31:01 pm »

I'll try to get to this tomorrow.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 16, 2017, 12:08:36 am »

why are people voting for Jimmmmm at all? I might've missed that.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 16, 2017, 12:11:44 am »

So what version of that message would have made me look more town?

Think about this, it's not a rhetorical question.

So.  I have thought about this.  And I am not quite sure what you are trying to get at. 

Also, my original reaction to this post was tongue-in-cheek mostly, but this comment makes no sense.  LaLight was the person who had the "get out of RVS" comment that WW was saying was scummy.  Why would I be voting you after my comment?  I really don't get how you jumped to that conclusion.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 16, 2017, 12:14:20 am »

Vote: Calamatis for trying to push pointless flavour talk.

is why I voted Jimmmmm.  I haven't found a reason to shift that vote yet so I am still there.  UoS is trying to tempt me though

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 16, 2017, 12:17:09 am »

Vote: Calamatis for trying to push pointless flavour talk.

is why I voted Jimmmmm.  I haven't found a reason to shift that vote yet so I am still there.  UoS is trying to tempt me though

Calamatis, huh? :D

uh, well, have Jimmmmm played with Calamitas before? I can see Jimmmmm's reasoning, but for Calamitas everything concerning setu/flavor is a null talk.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 16, 2017, 12:26:05 am »

I'm an idiot, e.

I had a huge scumread on you for calling me tryhard scum because of my rephrasing a sentence mid-typing but then not voting me for it.  Because you said that in a post quoting me and you were talking about that before.  So I didn't read what was actually in the quote block, since I assumed I knew what you were talking about.

So yeah, I'll go back to
Vote: LaLight

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 16, 2017, 02:44:05 am »

Dang it. I just reread everything twice and the only thing I come away with is a slight town read on Eevee. #105 seems like something scum would probably not say since bringing up flavor claiming is clearly not good for town. I think that was more likely confused/careless/distracted!town.  Other than that, I've just seen a whole bunch of null. At one time I had a reason for voting for Jimmmmm, but I've since forgotten what it was and couldn't remember on the reread.  I didn't see anything that made me want to move it now though.

If I had to pick someone to be suspicious of, right now it might be LL for the joke/not joke thing, although for unspeakable reasons I'm not putting much stock in that; and I might be a freckle suspicious of harbinger, purely for openly suggesting ignoring evidence prior to better evidence being available.  Once better evidence is there, yeah, I agree with his logic, but until it shows up, just discarding it because "all the other clues will probably overshadow it" isn't the best idea. This isn't really enough for me to scum!read them yet; it's just enough to read them closely.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 16, 2017, 09:24:30 am »

vote: Dylan

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 16, 2017, 10:04:32 am »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 45  All

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 20 queries.