Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 60  All

Author Topic: M94: Squid Girl Mafia (Game Over)  (Read 166862 times)

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
Re: M94: Squid Girl Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #250 on: February 07, 2017, 11:46:47 pm »

Vote Count 1.6

JaketheBaseballGod22 (2): Roadrunner7671, Awaclus
SpaceAnemone (2): faust, LaLight
schadd (2): JaketheBaseballGod22, Robz888
Awaclus (2): SpaceAnemone, mcmcsalot
mcmcsalot (1): Dylan32
Dylan32 (1): schadd
IDontPlayThisGame (1): gkrieg13
LaLight (1): IDontPlayThisGame

Not Voting (1): Calamitas

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
Day 1 ends Monday February 13 at 10 PM U.S. Eastern Time.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 08, 2017, 12:28:08 am »

/raise your hand if you prefer playing town

/raise

Well, I don't. I am always town. I would prefer playing scum one magical day.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 08, 2017, 12:41:27 am »

Calling a Jake/IDPTG scum team. It all makes sense to me. The bussing patterns are really great for two newer players.

-IDPTG calls out his scum buddy and me with a comment that won't get any traction
don't think he could have reasonably known that, especially if you agree with what he said aaaahhhhh

-But IDPTG's comment has some merit. Why haven't Jake and I been arguing? It's true that I haven't dedicated really any time to this game, but you'd think Jake would say something to get my knickers in a twist. Yet he hasn't. Why?
d1 M91 he barely addressed you at all

-It's because Jake has adjusted his play style when he's scum. Back in his debut game, he got lynched real quick for his style. He didn't change it after that because every time after that he was town. But now he's not town, so he's changed his play style because the other way got him lynched. This seems like classic!relatively!new!scum! to me.
i uh think this happened in M91. he had 3 scum on his d2 wagon dontcha know.

-Finally, he replies quite aggressively and forcefully to IDPTG. Now, I don't pretend to be in Jake's mind, but I think I can #relate to him more than anyone else currently in this game. And several times as scum, I've thought about bussing my partner crazy hard. I think this is what Jake's doing. In Portal Mafia not bussing didn't work, so now he's at the other extreme. This makes perfect sense to me.
i guess this makes sense, though, to me, it doesn't amount to more than "this means that a jake/idptg team is not ruled out," esp. considering i'm not really leaning scum on either of them

I would encourage people who are struggling to get into this game or don't really know what to do to vote for Jake or IDPTG. Early wagons are good, early wagons with evidence are better. So vote up!
eeeewwww
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 08, 2017, 12:43:38 am »

sorry, faust, I can't vote SA any more. They look townieish to me.
I will return to vote: Dylan32

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 08, 2017, 12:47:55 am »

I just want schadd to answer my question.
sorry, only saw this now

I don't know if your dayvig is going to go through or not schadd, but if so, why kill gkrieg immediately? His town games have been really strong recently. What makes you confident enough to know he is scum before anyone really says anything at all?
this question seemed silly to me, especially "before anyone really says anything at all," which is, like, hedging the fact that nobody had said anything at all
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: February 08, 2017, 12:51:31 am »

Calling a Jake/IDPTG scum team. It all makes sense to me. The bussing patterns are really great for two newer players.

-IDPTG calls out his scum buddy and me with a comment that won't get any traction, but that he could source later in the game. You know those posts that scum makes that are like 'Well if I'm scum, why would I post that??!!' IDPTG's original accusation is that type of post.

-But IDPTG's comment has some merit. Why haven't Jake and I been arguing? It's true that I haven't dedicated really any time to this game, but you'd think Jake would say something to get my knickers in a twist. Yet he hasn't. Why?

-It's because Jake has adjusted his play style when he's scum. Back in his debut game, he got lynched real quick for his style. He didn't change it after that because every time after that he was town. But now he's not town, so he's changed his play style because the other way got him lynched. This seems like classic!relatively!new!scum! to me.

-Finally, he replies quite aggressively and forcefully to IDPTG. Now, I don't pretend to be in Jake's mind, but I think I can #relate to him more than anyone else currently in this game. And several times as scum, I've thought about bussing my partner crazy hard. I think this is what Jake's doing. In Portal Mafia not bussing didn't work, so now he's at the other extreme. This makes perfect sense to me.

-Finally, we have IDPTG's replies. I'm currently in the notes app without Wifi so I don't got no quotes, but it didn't seem like he was defending himself. If Jake was a gunman shooting at IDPTG, IDPTG isn't shooting back, he's just telling Jake what a terrible shot he is. Could this be because IDPTG is actually scum so he's having trouble defending himself? Maybe. This alone isn't that much evidence, but combined with everything else I think the scum narrative for both Jake and IDPTG is very clear. Their interactions is the cherry on top, so I would encourage people who are struggling to get into this game or don't really know what to do to vote for Jake or IDPTG. Early wagons are good, early wagons with evidence are better. So vote up!

Yeah, I agree with schadd. It's good enough I will un-rule out a IDPTG/Jake team, but not much more for now.

I just want schadd to answer my question.
sorry, only saw this now

I don't know if your dayvig is going to go through or not schadd, but if so, why kill gkrieg immediately? His town games have been really strong recently. What makes you confident enough to know he is scum before anyone really says anything at all?
this question seemed silly to me, especially "before anyone really says anything at all," which is, like, hedging the fact that nobody had said anything at all

Dude, I have a history of making sentences overly complex. I'm trying to break that habit, but it's tough when you're used to having to add as much BS as possible to hit page length requirements for papers.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 08, 2017, 12:55:14 am »

just cite more things

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 08, 2017, 01:00:55 am »

just cite more things

What exactly would you like me to cite?
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 08, 2017, 01:06:17 am »

depends on what sources you tend to use in your papers

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 08, 2017, 01:12:19 am »

Oh I thought you meant cite more examples of stuff in game. yeah the problem is most of my recent papers have been reflection/personal experience papers. Way harder to cite stuff and easier to bs.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 08, 2017, 03:24:09 am »

I don't think I even want to read a post that theorizes about scum partners on D1.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 08, 2017, 03:27:53 am »

Especially not if it contains RR scumreading Jake. Like, are you at some point going to realize that you are awfully bad at reading Jake?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 08, 2017, 03:33:36 am »

Why?

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 08, 2017, 03:40:45 am »

I don't think I even want to read a post that theorizes about scum partners on D1.
woof. stay out of my QT then

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: February 08, 2017, 03:49:01 am »

i think a vote for nothing game related is a bit under your pay grade

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 08, 2017, 05:19:24 am »

Why?

1) They made a serious not-RVS vote
2) I know that at this moment they can not contribute much due to IRL stuff.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 08, 2017, 09:31:34 am »

Oh I thought you meant cite more examples of stuff in game. yeah the problem is most of my recent papers have been reflection/personal experience papers. Way harder to cite stuff and easier to bs.

But Dylan why would you assume schadd was talking about the game...vote: schadd he is acti lurking, posting a lot of day 1 content which is doing nothing but confusing and hurting town. Previously I viewed his behavior (talking about dayvigging) as anti town, his continued comments about non game real things are enough of a pattern to call him scummy now. It's actively hurtin town and looking like he's contributing.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115, M118, M120, M122, M123, M124, M133, M134
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113, M119, M128
Winrate: 46.5%(20/43) 40.6%(13/32), 63.6%(7/11)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: February 08, 2017, 09:39:58 am »

Especially not if it contains RR scumreading Jake. Like, are you at some point going to realize that you are awfully bad at reading Jake?

This.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 08, 2017, 09:41:13 am »

That said, I'm getting a town!read on RR, mostly because he seems more active and engaged, and in my recent experience, active and engaged seems like the opposite of a scumtell for RR.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
  • Shuffle iT Username: IDontPlayThisGame
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 08, 2017, 10:19:14 am »

Just a heads up, I no longer have jury duty and I'm back at my usual job so I won't be able to be as active.

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: February 08, 2017, 10:44:55 am »

-IDPTG calls out his scum buddy and me with a comment that won't get any traction, but that he could source later in the game. You know those posts that scum makes that are like 'Well if I'm scum, why would I post that??!!' IDPTG's original accusation is that type of post.

-Finally, we have IDPTG's replies. I'm currently in the notes app without Wifi so I don't got no quotes, but it didn't seem like he was defending himself. If Jake was a gunman shooting at IDPTG, IDPTG isn't shooting back, he's just telling Jake what a terrible shot he is. Could this be because IDPTG is actually scum so he'shaving trouble  defending himself? Maybe. This alone isn't that much evidence, but combined with everything else I think the scum narrative for both Jake and IDPTG is very clear. Their interactions is the cherry on top, so I would encourage people who are struggling to get into this game or don't really know what to do to vote for Jake or IDPTG. Early wagons are good, early wagons with evidence are better. So vote up!
ummm so this is just what i said about dylan and IDPTG except with me instead of dylan right? We haven't been arguing because i would rather look for scum then argue with you. I do agree that IDPTG's response to a TBH average theory that no one really cared about except him is scummy. I agree early wagon's can be good but I think that IDPTG's wagon would be much more valid and have more evidence than a jake wagon. Vote: IDPTG
Baseball For Life
Mafia Record Overall (6-14) 30%

Town Wins (4-11) 26.7% M88L, M89L, NM9L, M91L, M95L, M97L,NM10W, RMM41L, M100L, M103L, M105W, M107W, RMM45W, M109L, RMM46L

Scum Wins (2-3) 40% M87L, M94W, ZM23L, M99L, ZM24W

MVP's: None

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
  • Shuffle iT Username: IDontPlayThisGame
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: February 08, 2017, 11:48:24 am »

-Finally, we have IDPTG's replies. I'm currently in the notes app without Wifi so I don't got no quotes, but it didn't seem like he was defending himself. If Jake was a gunman shooting at IDPTG, IDPTG isn't shooting back, he's just telling Jake what a terrible shot he is. Could this be because IDPTG is actually scum so he'shaving trouble  defending himself? Maybe. This alone isn't that much evidence, but combined with everything else I think the scum narrative for both Jake and IDPTG is very clear. Their interactions is the cherry on top, so I would encourage people who are struggling to get into this game or don't really know what to do to vote for Jake or IDPTG. Early wagons are good, early wagons with evidence are better. So vote up!
ummm so this is just what i said about dylan and IDPTG except with me instead of dylan right? We haven't been arguing because i would rather look for scum then argue with you. I do agree that IDPTG's response to a TBH average theory that no one really cared about except him is scummy. I agree early wagon's can be good but I think that IDPTG's wagon would be much more valid and have more evidence than a jake wagon. Vote: IDPTG

What is this? Double OMGUS? Except neither of you can make a case for me being scum so you try to make it a scum team?

RR- your case for the Jake/IDPTG scum team was amusing. You barely mentioned me. The first thing you did was classify one of my posts. Then you talked about Jake being scum for a while. At the very end, you posited that my responses to Jake possibly indicate that I'm scum because I never said, "I'm not scum" and chose to show why Jake's argument was illogical instead. Despite claiming there's a scum narrative for both me and Jake, you just talked about Jake for nearly the entire post.

Jake- you haven't said anything new and you still seem to think I'm scum because you couldn't answer my questions about your "theory" (read: OMGUS vote).

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: February 08, 2017, 12:44:33 pm »

What is this? Double OMGUS? Except neither of you can make a case for me being scum so you try to make it a scum team?

RR- your case for the Jake/IDPTG scum team was amusing. You barely mentioned me. The first thing you did was classify one of my posts. Then you talked about Jake being scum for a while. At the very end, you posited that my responses to Jake possibly indicate that I'm scum because I never said, "I'm not scum" and chose to show why Jake's argument was illogical instead. Despite claiming there's a scum narrative for both me and Jake, you just talked about Jake for nearly the entire post.

Jake- you haven't said anything new and you still seem to think I'm scum because you couldn't answer my questions about your "theory" (read: OMGUS vote).
Isn't omgus when you vote for someone who is calling you scum? If so I would have voted RR but instead I read RR's case and agreed with the parts about IDPTG plus my personal sentiments and voted for you. That's not OMGUS I don't think.
Baseball For Life

Town Wins (4-11) 26.7% M88L, M89L, NM9L, M91L, M95L, M97L,NM10W, RMM41L, M100L, M103L, M105W, M107W, RMM45W, M109L, RMM46L

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: February 08, 2017, 12:58:08 pm »

1. I answered any questions you had
2. If you have any you would like me to anwser just ask.
Baseball For Life

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: February 08, 2017, 02:18:02 pm »

But Dylan why would you assume schadd was talking about the game...vote: schadd he is acti lurking, posting a lot of day 1 content which is doing nothing but confusing and hurting town. Previously I viewed his behavior (talking about dayvigging) as anti town, his continued comments about non game real things are enough of a pattern to call him scummy now. It's actively hurtin town and looking like he's contributing.
can you:
-explain why the dayvig was anti-town
-point out a example of the "non game real things" other than the one you quoted
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 60  All

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 20 queries.