Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 85  All

Author Topic: M91: trouble in the Scouncil (schadnd mafia) (g@me over)  (Read 209565 times)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: M91: trouble in the Scouncil (schadnd mafia) (D3)
« Reply #1775 on: January 24, 2017, 03:55:48 pm »

And I guess not technically mylo since a successful block earns another day.  There's a reason for the RB not to claim.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: January 24, 2017, 03:56:01 pm »

For Awaclus's claim to not be false, there needs to be both a scum RB and a town RB.

I had actually forgotten that we still have a UB alive, which makes the RB claiming even better.

PPE: Why TWM instead of RR?  There isn't anything that points to TWM's claim not being true is there?

There's nothing that points to it being true, either.  1-Shot Cop is the go-to fake claim.  There is no tracking in the game, it has the most iterations (C and E), etc.

There's been scumminess.  If RR is town, he's 100% the patsy scum wants due to his terrible play on D2.

It is mylo after all.

Yes, but I don't think TWM had a very big incentive to fake-claim.  I'll look back at his D2, to see if there was anything that makes me not believe his claim (like him pressuring me etc.).  I get it as a good fakeclaim when you are about to go down, but I don't really get it when we are at MYLO and are really just about to lynch RR.  Like why not leave the fakeclaim open for RR to claim?

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: January 24, 2017, 03:56:32 pm »

So now you're calling me a patsy?
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: January 24, 2017, 03:57:49 pm »

Goon flip doesn't mean full RB is lying; BTTTT is possible if TWM and Awaclus are lying.

True, but I guess that is just because I believe TWM atm.

What's the wagon at?  If he was town, I have to think scum could have hammered out for the win.

This is another good point.  RR was at L-1 for a lot of the day.  I think scum hammering at this point would assure them the win, because the chance of them not being able to RB the RB, and that the RB guesses correctly is pretty low.  Not only that, but if they did hammer, we would only know that one person is scum, which isn't really that much information.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: January 24, 2017, 03:58:37 pm »

For Awaclus's claim to not be false, there needs to be both a scum RB and a town RB.

I had actually forgotten that we still have a UB alive, which makes the RB claiming even better.

PPE: Why TWM instead of RR?  There isn't anything that points to TWM's claim not being true is there?

There's nothing that points to it being true, either.  1-Shot Cop is the go-to fake claim.  There is no tracking in the game, it has the most iterations (C and E), etc.

There's been scumminess.  If RR is town, he's 100% the patsy scum wants due to his terrible play on D2.

It is mylo after all.

Yes, but I don't think TWM had a very big incentive to fake-claim.  I'll look back at his D2, to see if there was anything that makes me not believe his claim (like him pressuring me etc.).  I get it as a good fakeclaim when you are about to go down, but I don't really get it when we are at MYLO and are really just about to lynch RR.  Like why not leave the fakeclaim open for RR to claim?

If RR is town, maybe, and you are partners with Wine.  I mean, there are reasons.  I had a reaction to the claim when it happened if you want to look back.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: January 24, 2017, 04:00:31 pm »

Goon flip doesn't mean full RB is lying; BTTTT is possible if TWM and Awaclus are lying.

True, but I guess that is just because I believe TWM atm.

What's the wagon at?  If he was town, I have to think scum could have hammered out for the win.

This is another good point.  RR was at L-1 for a lot of the day.  I think scum hammering at this point would assure them the win, because the chance of them not being able to RB the RB, and that the RB guesses correctly is pretty low.  Not only that, but if they did hammer, we would only know that one person is scum, which isn't really that much information.

Did RR reach L-1?  I thought he's been stuck at L-2.

Many reasons for them to auickhammer town.  As you say, doesn't out the whole team, they can guess at the RB based on PoE, or if Awa was lying they would be so worried about anything.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: January 24, 2017, 04:01:41 pm »

Why was Calamitas the N1 kill?  Did anyone review his reads?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: M91: trouble in the Scouncil (schadnd mafia) (D2)
« Reply #1782 on: January 24, 2017, 04:31:41 pm »

I see, so you think that I was a scum wagon, and that Awaclus and Robz were town wagons.

Well, based on what you are saying, I know that all three wagons were on town.  I'll go back and do a little wagon analyisis then.

If you are town then all 4 major wagons from yesterday were on town. That would imply either town was majorly off or mafia had a major hand in directing the wagons. Or you are mafia and only 3 of 4 major wagons were on town, but I am still hesitant to think that given how similar you and I seem to be thinking.

Ugh, my right-click doesn't work on f.ds right now, which means I need to quote posts and respond to them individually.

This post doesn't seem like TWM has copped me and gotten a positive result.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: January 24, 2017, 04:34:57 pm »

He does do a fair bit of defending me on D2.  Almost at every opportunity, where he isn't talking about Jake or RR.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
  • Shuffle iT Username: TWM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: January 24, 2017, 04:35:09 pm »

I see, so you think that I was a scum wagon, and that Awaclus and Robz were town wagons.

Well, based on what you are saying, I know that all three wagons were on town.  I'll go back and do a little wagon analyisis then.

If you are town then all 4 major wagons from yesterday were on town. That would imply either town was majorly off or mafia had a major hand in directing the wagons. Or you are mafia and only 3 of 4 major wagons were on town, but I am still hesitant to think that given how similar you and I seem to be thinking.

Ugh, my right-click doesn't work on f.ds right now, which means I need to quote posts and respond to them individually.

This post doesn't seem like TWM has copped me and gotten a positive result.

Oh jeez. That is like my one attempt to kinda breadcrumb that I had investigated you (you could be mafia because of the godfather, but I highly doubt it)
Wins: M91, M96, NM10, M98, M102, M105
Losses: M100, M103, M104, M109, M112

MVPs: M91, M96
Win percentage: 54.5 (6/11)

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1785 on: January 24, 2017, 04:42:01 pm »

Good examples of this are (just doing #s, because rereads without a right-click are super awful):
1262 (not a good example, he says that everyone is murky other than 4 people)
1294 (says I'm townier that EFHW)

1618 (this one is not defending me, just seems like it would come from the perspective of a 1-shot cop.  Especially a newbie!PR.)

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: January 24, 2017, 04:42:43 pm »

I guess the fact that mafia has a godfather partially explains why some of his posts still have a small amount of ambiguity toward me.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: January 24, 2017, 04:46:34 pm »

1262 (not a good example, he says that everyone is murky other than 4 people)

I was only doing rereads of people that I wasn't nearly as sure about: so faust, EFHW, ashersky and mcmcsalot. I thought about doing a reread on you, but at that point it didn't seem worthwhile.

1618 (this one is not defending me, just seems like it would come from the perspective of a 1-shot cop.  Especially a newbie!PR.)

I don't understand what you mean here.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: January 24, 2017, 04:48:49 pm »

I guess the fact that mafia has a godfather partially explains why some of his posts still have a small amount of ambiguity toward me.

That and I was trying to not be too obvious. I don't know. I wasn't really sure what to do, I thought about claiming Day2 and was worried about revealing too much information to mafia if I claimed or made it obvious that I had investigated you. So maybe I should have been more obvious?

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: January 24, 2017, 04:53:16 pm »

It is mylo after all.

This isn't a reason to lynch me, which I haven't really ever gotten you to answer. But instead talking about why we shouldn't lynch RR.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: January 24, 2017, 05:59:29 pm »

And I'm starting to feel like TWM is the best Lynch today...
The only scummy thing I see against TWM is that his accusations against RR of lying and manipulating kind of didn't make sense.  First he said it was on purpose, then he said it wasn't RR's initial intention, but by not posting he reneged on his promise which is lying, and makes the promise manipulative.  But people make promises and then find out it's harder than they expected without it being lying. And if it wasn't his initial intention then he wasn't lying, he was being unrealistic.  Maybe he was scum and posting was too hard for that reason, but the lying/manipulation thing doesn't work for me. It's possible scum!TWM was playing up his disgust with RR

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: January 24, 2017, 06:18:31 pm »

The only scummy thing I see against TWM is that his accusations against RR of lying and manipulating kind of didn't make sense.  First he said it was on purpose, then he said it wasn't RR's initial intention, but by not posting he reneged on his promise which is lying, and makes the promise manipulative.  But people make promises and then find out it's harder than they expected without it being lying. And if it wasn't his initial intention then he wasn't lying, he was being unrealistic.  Maybe he was scum and posting was too hard for that reason, but the lying/manipulation thing doesn't work for me. It's possible scum!TWM was playing up his disgust with RR

I think I reacted the way I did, and I still think my narrative is legitimate by the way, because RR specifically mentioned me by name in his initial apology. I didn't ask him to do that but he did anyways and I appreciated that and bought into it. And then when he didn't do anything I felt that was worse than when he initially didn't do anything as he had made a personal commitment to me.

I'll admit the specific words of lying and manipulating were probably a somewhat harsh. I think I might have borrowed them from someone else without really thinking the exact meaning, but would have to go back and check to see.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: January 24, 2017, 06:22:53 pm »

Classifying RR as "lurker lynch" is extremely misleading.
I'll take a look at him. The rationale I'm hearing right now is we should lynch him because he is not contributing.  Isn't that a lurker lynch?  No other points are being made.

But Jake is more damaging to town than RR because he posts reads and votes with very little behind them, and unless you are scrupulous about noticing his posts, it's possible to be influenced by those posts inadvertently.
Well, he is currently lurking. He was already scummy before this started. Also he made a big post about how he will try to play better when he was under pressure and then didn't follow up. So it's pretty likely that that post was just AtE and manipulation. Town!RR would feel compelled to actually do something about this. So even his absence now, is not mere "lurking", but alignment-indicative.

Ah. This was the post from faust that got me thinking along the terms of manipulation.

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile
Re: M91: trouble in the Scouncil (schadnd mafia) (N2)
« Reply #1793 on: January 24, 2017, 06:51:50 pm »

Vote Count 3.5

Roadrunner7671 (3): gkrieg13, ashersky, The_Wine_Merchant

Not voting (5): Awaclus, Joseph2302, mcmcsalot, Roadrunner7671, EFHW

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. Day 3 ends January 25th at 1:00 pm forum time. this is in 18 hours
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: January 24, 2017, 07:04:16 pm »

I'd like to lynch mcmc or gkrieg today.

I'm sorry to back out of the RR lynch, but I believe that he would have fakeclaimed roleblocker as scum.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: January 24, 2017, 07:05:56 pm »

I think I reacted the way I did, and I still think my narrative is legitimate by the way, because RR specifically mentioned me by name in his initial apology. I didn't ask him to do that but he did anyways and I appreciated that and bought into it. And then when he didn't do anything I felt that was worse than when he initially didn't do anything as he had made a personal commitment to me.

I'll admit the specific words of lying and manipulating were probably a somewhat harsh. I think I might have borrowed them from someone else without really thinking the exact meaning, but would have to go back and check to see.
I didn't remember he named you specifically. Makes more sense that you would be annoyed then.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: January 24, 2017, 07:09:13 pm »

I'd like to lynch gkrieg today.

I don't normally use emojis, but I think this qualifies:  :o

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: January 24, 2017, 07:10:04 pm »

{snipped} So I'm sorry to everyone for playing badly, and I'm particularly sorry to TWM for making a garbage first impression. I can't promise any super amazing cases, but I think it's safe for me to promise to start playing better. Thanks for putting up with my crap up until now.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: January 24, 2017, 07:25:31 pm »

Awaclus, ashersky and gkrieg can't all be town. I think you are town, and feel that ashersky and Awaclus probably are as well, so gkrieg must be godfather. This probably only works from my perspective, but that's what I have to work with!

You omitted that I also wanted to lynch mcmc.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: January 24, 2017, 07:31:49 pm »

Awaclus, ashersky and gkrieg can't all be town. I think you are town, and feel that ashersky and Awaclus probably are as well, so gkrieg must be godfather. This probably only works from my perspective, but that's what I have to work with!

You omitted that I also wanted to lynch mcmc.

mcmc is a vastly better lynch option that gkrieg just from my result alone so it didn't warrant an emoji.

Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 85  All

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 20 queries.