Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 85  All

Author Topic: M91: trouble in the Scouncil (schadnd mafia) (g@me over)  (Read 207971 times)

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
Re: M91: trouble in the Scouncil (schadnd mafia) (D1)
« Reply #725 on: January 06, 2017, 06:28:52 pm »

Also will not be on at the deadline due to practice.
Baseball For Life
Mafia Record Overall (6-14) 30%

Town Wins (4-11) 26.7% M88L, M89L, NM9L, M91L, M95L, M97L,NM10W, RMM41L, M100L, M103L, M105W, M107W, RMM45W, M109L, RMM46L

Scum Wins (2-3) 40% M87L, M94W, ZM23L, M99L, ZM24W

MVP's: None

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: January 06, 2017, 06:28:57 pm »

Jake stumbled his way into a point that was true and valid, and RR is shaming him for it, for some reason.

I don't know why, but it seems like you are buddying Jake so that he doesn't vote for you.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
  • Shuffle iT Username: TWM
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: January 06, 2017, 06:29:37 pm »

Jake stumbled his way into a point that was true and valid, and RR is shaming him for it, for some reason.

The chaos crap? That isn't a point. And it is certainly worth questioning. And it isn't just RR.
Wins: M91, M96, NM10, M98, M102, M105
Losses: M100, M103, M104, M109, M112

MVPs: M91, M96
Win percentage: 54.5 (6/11)

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: January 06, 2017, 06:30:32 pm »

I don't know why, but it seems like you are buddying Jake so that he doesn't vote for you.
Don't worry I will if he is getting lynched.
Baseball For Life

Town Wins (4-11) 26.7% M88L, M89L, NM9L, M91L, M95L, M97L,NM10W, RMM41L, M100L, M103L, M105W, M107W, RMM45W, M109L, RMM46L

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #729 on: January 06, 2017, 06:36:22 pm »

It's not true or valid.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
  • Shuffle iT Username: TWM
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: January 06, 2017, 06:38:19 pm »

It's not true or valid.

If anyone is doing the unnecessary shaming it is Robz
Wins: M91, M96, NM10, M98, M102, M105
Losses: M100, M103, M104, M109, M112

MVPs: M91, M96
Win percentage: 54.5 (6/11)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: January 06, 2017, 07:02:31 pm »

Yes, with all that glowing praise I threw his way
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: January 06, 2017, 07:06:29 pm »

I'm actually pretty sure that if Jake is scum, he's try D1 bussing. It just seems like the type of thing scum!Jake would want to experiment with. That being said, Jake seems surprisingly towny this game, but I want my observation to be know so I can at least, if nothing else, get to say 'I told you so.'
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: January 06, 2017, 07:54:35 pm »

It's not true or valid.
Why not?
Baseball For Life

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: January 06, 2017, 08:11:28 pm »

Checking in. I'll have a look later today. Cannot guarantee I'll be around at deadline
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile
« Reply #735 on: January 06, 2017, 08:46:52 pm »

Vote Count 1.9

Robz888 (3): gkrieg13, Awaclus, The_Wine_Merchant
Awaclus (3): Joseph2302, JaketheBaseballGod22, Robz888
gkrieg13 (2): EFHW, mcmcsalot
mcmcsalot (1): faust
faust (1): ashersky

Not Voting (2): Calamitas, Roadrunner7671

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Day 1 ends at Jan. 7th at 12:00 pm forum time. This is in 15 hours.
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: January 06, 2017, 11:48:54 pm »

This is a weird D-1 in my opinion. If we want to get a lynch we need to narrow the lynch pool to 3 people. Tomorrow as in January 6th we narrow the lynch pool and make cases on the 3. Then on deadline day we lynch the one with the best case. First we neeeeedddd to narrow the lynch pool or it will be a no lynch or a poor last minute one. Everyone submit your choices for the three and include cases. Therefore I urge all to submit your choices.   
Scummy plan, it hurts town to stop giving reads and give would lynch lists so early day 1 when wagons can form super fast and all interactions are helpful for later.

McMc and RR who are your 3?
Mcmcsalot brought up the point that scum would want to know exactly the information you're trying to provide. I'm not saying you're scum, but I do think scum would benefit more than town from this information.
I get that but unless we narrow the lynch pool our lynch will be forced at the last moment and not thought through because we couldn't come to a decision there fore if we narrow the lynch pool we will have a more consensus and non forced lynch so please whats your top 3?
I have posted a lynch pool in the past. I could throw together a reads list. But, especially after most people have already said their three, I see little reason for me to give mine.
Just do a top 3 list. Voting End's at 9 pm forum time on January 5th. If people want a longer deadline just ask and I will extend it.
Why do you insist unless we follow your plan there will be a rushed deadline lynch. Actually it is possible from what I have heard you don't typically last long in a game and are usually mislynched so extreme paranoia over a "rushed" lynch or a lynch on you is reasonable from a town!jake perspective.

Just checked out the setup post -- looks like quite possibly the greatest setup ever made.  That's just an unbiased outsider's opinion, though.

Also, wth is Jake talking about with regards to the deadline?
We are narrowing the lynch pool to 3 people so every one is giving the three people they want to be in the pool and when we get 9 votes in total I will establish it. Currently at 6.

...removed vote count showing 1 to 2 votes on players to save space
Everybody has different opinions on who is scum so we need to make a consensus lynch pool that will allow us to make a decision on who were going to lynch and not have a no lynch or rushed deadline lynch that was not well thought through.
yes lots of opinions, I would love to hear those and organically allow a wagon to build as a good case/opinion is made! You are quelling that discussion by forcing this 3 lynch pool idea!

...removed vote count showing 2 or 3 votes on everyone to save space
This is why I tried to narrow the lynch pool because there is no one person who were debating over now and every one is just throwing out different people. If we had narrowed it even if it helped scum we may have been able to have a consensus lynch not a rushed deadline vote. If we had three people that we could debate over then everybody could have made cases for or against said player. It would not have been chaos(Which btw helps scum a lot) like it is now.
So now you are coming around to understanding that this plan allows for scum to vote with no recourse tomorrow because it was the "consensus", but you are still so paranoid about a rushed lynch that you think the best plan would still be coming to a consensus. Really this is where you have to understand we can't limit discussion to be about three people and only make cases on them, it is so weirdly restricting. And what you are describing as chaos is players trying to post opinions and reads. D1 can almost always be described as chaotic, its mafia and we know nothing!

It would not have been chaos(Which btw helps scum a lot) like it is now.

I don't feel like it is chaos.
Who have we all been talking over recently? There have been 3 different people voted for in the last 2 pages when we should be narrowing down our choices as we approach the deadline. Scum wants a rushed deadline lynch because it creates chaos and is hard to read. That is what is going to happen and that is what we don't want.
I agree with the fact that scum would love a rushed deadline lynch, but don't you see you keep saying we should have narrowed down to three people instead of just making cases and that is partially adding to the delay of things.

I also don't feel very confident about lynching anyone today.
Then why do you keep trying to narrow the lynch pool and direct everyone if you don't really care?
Because I don't feel confidently about lynching anyone but i still want a decent lynch that most people agree on not a rushed deadline one.
Again, I am understanding your sentiment that day 1 is crazy and reads are weak, but statements like who most people agree on are not helpful. We agree with eachother by voting and then forming a wagon, not saying who we would be willing to lynch based off of the discussion so far and then forming orderly cases on those people.

I would prefer a robz or mcmc lynch. mcmc is lurking hard and as soon as we started to point that out he came in caused a to of chaos and then went back to lurking so it's not really just a lurker lynch.
What I came in and did was post a reads!!!!!!! Like those things you could be doing.

WE HAVE 18 HOURS!!! why does no one seem to be interested in lynching anyone. Everyone is talking about how much chaos there is instead of focusing on who we are going to lynch. I still say we lynch robz.
Again, the paranoia is understandable and at this point i'm sure you feel like you are getting nowhere(because you aren't) and that is causing this overblown reaction which again I hope you see is part of the problem.

After all of this I guess the conclusion I come to is that Jake just has a really bad plan, doesn't understand that it is causing the problem he is trying to avoid, and as time goes on is getting more desperate because he has not been a part of many successful day ones.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: January 06, 2017, 11:53:08 pm »

Need to grab quotes and I need to go to sleep so will wait till morning to post my full case but i am going to vote: faust as he believed joseph was towny before his claim when I think he almost certainly looked scummy and he has repeatedly supported jake's plan to narrow the lynch pool which I think is much more scummy then jakes very damaging but I think town inspired plan.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: January 07, 2017, 01:35:04 am »

I'll be around tomorrow at deadline.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: January 07, 2017, 02:29:51 am »

Need to grab quotes and I need to go to sleep so will wait till morning to post my full case but i am going to vote: faust as he believed joseph was towny before his claim when I think he almost certainly looked scummy and he has repeatedly supported jake's plan to narrow the lynch pool which I think is much more scummy then jakes very damaging but I think town inspired plan.
I'm interested to see your case, but this close to deadline, voting off the 3 existing wagons probably isn't very helpful.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: January 07, 2017, 02:34:12 am »

I'm not sure what to make of Jake's plan. He is acting differently. This could be an awkward effort at improving his play, or an awkward effort to try to seem towny. There is something artificial in his complaints about chaos, etc.

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: January 07, 2017, 04:24:01 am »

So, since I last posted, we've had:

• An argument about lynching Jake or not (#650 - 663)
  • Jake had a case on Robz (#666)
  • faust wrote up the list of 3s, says Awaclus' is too convenient
  • Some discussion on who we should/shouldn't lynch. Seems like only "definitely don't lynches" are me (almost IC) and Wine. I also don't much like an ash lynch, as my wish for having IDPTG on my list was that they were lurky, and ash is contributing well here now.
  • Jake has a theory about Awaclus being scum softclaiming UB (#713 - 724)
  • Mcmc makes a post against Jake (#736), but then immediately votes faust (#737) - that's odd!

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: January 07, 2017, 04:26:23 am »

So for me, Jake seems different to all the other games, but it's a good working hard different (which is better than making jokes all day Jake).

I wouldn't lynch me, Wine or probably not ash.

Current votes are 3 on Robz & Awaclus, 2 on faust, 1 on gkrieg and mcmc, I believe.

My preference would be for Vote: Awaclus- that's L-3

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: January 07, 2017, 04:26:43 am »

I'll have phone access only for most of rest of day

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: January 07, 2017, 05:42:51 am »

Not too much time left, hu? Let's do a quick rundown.

1. The_Wine_Merchant
Working really hard, not afraid to go against consensus opinion, engaged and all the good stuff. Would not lynch.

2. ashersky (née IDontPlayThisGame)
Just subbed in, and Idplay didn't offer much. Nullest of null, but I want to play with ash some more, so wouldn't lynch.

3. Robz888
I think many things here are towny. Scum!Robz is less likely to realize that Awaclus' posts could be spun towards him softclaiming than town!Robz, who is actually actively looking for these signs. The wagon on him also kinda happened too quickly. One thing that's a head-scratcher is why he claimed. I think we would be in a better place had he refused to claim. But it's conceivable that he feared the rage-hammer.

4. Jakethebaseballgod22
I like the new Jake here. There are genuine attempts to actively scumhunt. I think scum!Jake would try to act closer to his established meta. Also lynching Jake D1 is something I really don't want to do again.

5. Calamitas
Man who knows really? I'd let him live hoping that he gets more useful. But there's nothing really that would make me oppose his lynch.

6. Awaclus
This game's Awaclus is close to his old meta. What does it mean? I don't know. But there are reasons why I would rather let him live for now.

7. McEFHW
I thought EFHW's entrance was towny, don't remember why. I do remember that EFHW left her vote on Robz even though she did not scumread him anymore. While I think that scum!EHFW might do that, she wouldn't post about it, just quietly keep her vote there hoping for a hammer. THe fact that she decided to draw attention to this is towny.

8. Joseph2302
IC

9. mcmcsalot
This is hard. I still think his initial read on me was fishy. I don't like how he buttered me up afterwards, telling me how clear my writing is and that he gets where I'm coming from. I don't understand the insistence on how Jake's threes are super bad, but I guess that's not alignment-indicative.

11. Roadrunner7671
I'm mostly drawing a blank here. And he's not even voting. Can we prod him? Will check. ... no he actually posted lately, useless conspiracy theory stuff.

12. gkrieg13
This makes me go back and forth. Timeline is something like this: I think he's scummy, then we have the 3's and lots of people voicing suspicion. That makes me wonder if there's scum just conveniently jumping. I still present my case, because you know, it's in my head. It catches on somewhat. I am worried that I'm driving a mislynch, so I jump off. Then the game continues and everyone just abandons the gkrieg wagon. Is that just an "early suspicion is good" thing from scum? I know Robz thinks that (I don't know why; I think no suspicion is generally preferable).

What gkrieg posted in his defense didn't really sway me.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: January 07, 2017, 05:43:59 am »

I think that mcmc won't be lynched today probably, and I'm just as fine with gkrieg. vote: gkrieg

I wouldn't be opposed to an RR quicklynch if that's happening.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: January 07, 2017, 06:04:48 am »

I kind of think Awaclus is a bad lynch.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: January 07, 2017, 06:06:16 am »

Quotes or it didn't happen.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: January 07, 2017, 06:11:27 am »

• Mcmc makes a post against Jake (#736), but then immediately votes faust (#737) - that's odd!
Not every reread is a case against someone.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: January 07, 2017, 09:26:32 am »

So for me, Jake seems different to all the other games, but it's a good working hard different (which is better than making jokes all day Jake).

I wouldn't lynch me, Wine or probably not ash.

Current votes are 3 on Robz & Awaclus, 2 on faust, 1 on gkrieg and mcmc, I believe.

My preference would be for Vote: Awaclus- that's L-3
You were already voting him, so still L-4.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 85  All

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 20 queries.