Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 48  All

Author Topic: Newbie Mafia 9: Grown-up Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 121860 times)

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie Mafia 9: Grown-up Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #825 on: December 13, 2016, 02:45:36 pm »

I actually think it's somewhat likely that scum!Calamitas would pull that off. As you said, it was such an easy mislynch that you couldn't afford to let it not go through.  But regardless, there's also the fact that I'm willing to bet that there was at least one scum on the wagon.  I have a hard time believing both scum would stay off.  Of the 5 people who voted for Jake, 2 are dead VTs, and then there are RR, LL, and you.  Of the three, I'm most confident RR is town out of anyone.  I then think LL has been more sincere in their efforts to find scum as I said.  So if the status quo holds, I still think I'd rather lynch you today.  But if you or anyone else makes a solid case on someone else, I would for sure consider switching over.  I would consider voting for IDPTG right now too, but since we're days away from the deadline, I'm going to leave my vote where it is for now in hopes of IDPTG becoming more active.  If not, then I'll switch over.
But it would never not go through. Never, ever. That guy scumslipped twice. In similar situations, I would lynch that person again a million times out of a million. Why wouldn't anyone?

Yeah me too. So why were you so concerned that no one else was going to deliver the hammer that you pushed him to self-hammer? If the lynch was as sure thing as you believe (it was), and if scum was more likely than town to stay off wagon, why not give someone else a chance to get on the wagon to narrow the pool of people for you to look at the next day? It just didn't make sense and wasn't necessary.  Even if you are town, I just still really don't like that move.
I was basically positive he wouldn't actually follow through. But either way, the fact that you "don't like it" doesn't make it scummy in the slightest, scum tries to play pro-town after all (at least that early).

I'm not sure why you would think Jake wouldn't follow through on that, but ok.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Calamitas

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Calamitas
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: December 13, 2016, 02:50:07 pm »

I actually think it's somewhat likely that scum!Calamitas would pull that off. As you said, it was such an easy mislynch that you couldn't afford to let it not go through.  But regardless, there's also the fact that I'm willing to bet that there was at least one scum on the wagon.  I have a hard time believing both scum would stay off.  Of the 5 people who voted for Jake, 2 are dead VTs, and then there are RR, LL, and you.  Of the three, I'm most confident RR is town out of anyone.  I then think LL has been more sincere in their efforts to find scum as I said.  So if the status quo holds, I still think I'd rather lynch you today.  But if you or anyone else makes a solid case on someone else, I would for sure consider switching over.  I would consider voting for IDPTG right now too, but since we're days away from the deadline, I'm going to leave my vote where it is for now in hopes of IDPTG becoming more active.  If not, then I'll switch over.
But it would never not go through. Never, ever. That guy scumslipped twice. In similar situations, I would lynch that person again a million times out of a million. Why wouldn't anyone?

Yeah me too. So why were you so concerned that no one else was going to deliver the hammer that you pushed him to self-hammer? If the lynch was as sure thing as you believe (it was), and if scum was more likely than town to stay off wagon, why not give someone else a chance to get on the wagon to narrow the pool of people for you to look at the next day? It just didn't make sense and wasn't necessary.  Even if you are town, I just still really don't like that move.
I was basically positive he wouldn't actually follow through. But either way, the fact that you "don't like it" doesn't make it scummy in the slightest, scum tries to play pro-town after all (at least that early).

I'm not sure why you would think Jake wouldn't follow through on that, but ok.
Ehm, I was basically positive he was scum
Oh, i just don't like mafia games.

Town (5/9): M85, RMM35, M87, NM9, M90RMM38, M92, M91, M102,
Scum (3/3): M84, M88, M100

MVPs (1): M84

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: December 13, 2016, 04:56:13 pm »

Why do we need to wait for a deadline to make decisions? It looks like everyone is careful with posts and actually not voting saying "i will switch closer to the deadline". Why? What will be different then?
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: December 13, 2016, 05:23:02 pm »

I want people to switch to Idplay.

Also, I'm hoping to do targeted rereads at some point, but today was busy and tomorrow I won't have time either.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: December 13, 2016, 05:24:15 pm »

Also it bothers me that I seem to be the only one doing rereads.

I thought it might be interesting to at gkrieg's reads too. He was pretty good as town in that other game, maybe scum got scared of his reads?

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: December 13, 2016, 05:25:05 pm »

I'm willing to switch to IDPTG, as I have expressed. I will reread him though. Maybe right now!
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: December 13, 2016, 05:25:56 pm »

I thought it might be interesting to at gkrieg's reads too. He was pretty good as town in that other game, maybe scum got scared of his reads?
Or that is just wifom...

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: December 13, 2016, 05:27:04 pm »

Just for the record, who actually believed Jake scumslipped yesterday (either scumslip counts on that matter)? If not, please give reasons why not.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: December 13, 2016, 05:27:13 pm »

Why do we need to wait for a deadline to make decisions? It looks like everyone is careful with posts and actually not voting saying "i will switch closer to the deadline". Why? What will be different then?

Well, if IDPTG starts engaging more between now and the deadline, my biggest reason for suspecting them will be reduced, and I will be less likely to want to vote for them.  My comment about waiting should be interpreted more along the lines of, I'm ok with where my vote is now, but if the situation calls for a change later, I will consider it then.

PPE 2

Yeah, I'll go back and so some later, but I have an exam in a few hours that I really should be studying for. But if scum killed gkrieg out of fear of his reads, that would scream newb!scum, because that seems like the last thing scum would want to do, isn't it? I mean, that's mafia 101.

PPE 3 again
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie Mafia 9: Grown-up Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #834 on: December 13, 2016, 05:27:22 pm »

What do you think about our main lynch candidates? LaLight, Calamitas, maybe gkrieg?
This was scummy, as it was at the time where we were pressuring Jake to claim.

Wait, Jake was town. So this is either towny or scummy. Not sure which  ::)

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: December 13, 2016, 05:29:31 pm »

IDPlay was also suppppper hedgey on the Jake lynch. Someone has said that, but it's true! But we need to hear more from him.

That being said, Vote: IDPTG

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: December 13, 2016, 05:30:22 pm »

Unvote
I'm checking up on faust, actually. Contributing doesn't mean town for faust.

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: December 13, 2016, 05:49:58 pm »

Will read and respond to the above posts tomorrow.
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: December 13, 2016, 06:06:25 pm »

Will read and respond to the above posts tomorrow.
Please respond to #832.

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
  • Shuffle iT Username: IDontPlayThisGame
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: December 13, 2016, 11:04:23 pm »

Possibly a mistake, but posting while angry.

Honestly, if I get mislynched for inactivity at this point I won't even mad. There's no way I could blame you. It's been one thing after another for why I can't post and the next one is the best.

A little bit about my life. I work in one town and live in another. The only way for me to get back and forth takes about 1.5 hours if I'm lucky, usually 2. They don't pay me enough to commute twice each day, but thankfully a relative lives in the town I work. So I stay with her for the days I'm working. For one reason or another, my relative doesn't have internet service. While working, therefore, my only access to the forum (and Dominion, and email, and every other facet of my life) is my phone. Thankfully nothing uses up too much data so access hasn't been an issue. Until now.

My phone has this glitch where sometimes it doesn't recognize that I've given it the correct unlock code. The first time this happened, I put in the emergency backup PIN when prompted and it let me in and everything was fine. Since this seemed like an acceptable outcome, I never got it fixed. It's happened a couple times since then. Then, today, it did it again. Except this time, it didn't recognize the backup PIN either. I know I have the right PIN and entered it correctly. I'm down to 1 attempt remaining before the factory reset. There's too much that hasn't been backed up for me to acknowledge the reset as a viable option. So I can't access my phone and, therefore, everything. I'm currently in a library parking lot getting wifi on a Chromebook to post this. At most I'll be able to get about one post here a day and right now I'm focused on unlocking my phone rather than going through this game and doing reads.

So that's my latest reason for inactivity. If anyone knows anything about fixing this issue for a Samsung Galaxy S5, let me know and (hopefully) I'll even see it.

Also, to answer Calamitas, until Jake's claim I was convinced he was scum. After the claim, I wasn't surprised at all to see him flip town.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #840 on: December 14, 2016, 02:27:40 am »

Honestly, if I get mislynched for inactivity at this point I won't even mad. There's no way I could blame you. It's been one thing after another for why I can't post and the next one is the best.

A little bit about my life. I work in one town and live in another. The only way for me to get back and forth takes about 1.5 hours if I'm lucky, usually 2. They don't pay me enough to commute twice each day, but thankfully a relative lives in the town I work. So I stay with her for the days I'm working. For one reason or another, my relative doesn't have internet service. While working, therefore, my only access to the forum (and Dominion, and email, and every other facet of my life) is my phone. Thankfully nothing uses up too much data so access hasn't been an issue. Until now.

My phone has this glitch where sometimes it doesn't recognize that I've given it the correct unlock code. The first time this happened, I put in the emergency backup PIN when prompted and it let me in and everything was fine. Since this seemed like an acceptable outcome, I never got it fixed. It's happened a couple times since then. Then, today, it did it again. Except this time, it didn't recognize the backup PIN either. I know I have the right PIN and entered it correctly. I'm down to 1 attempt remaining before the factory reset. There's too much that hasn't been backed up for me to acknowledge the reset as a viable option. So I can't access my phone and, therefore, everything. I'm currently in a library parking lot getting wifi on a Chromebook to post this. At most I'll be able to get about one post here a day and right now I'm focused on unlocking my phone rather than going through this game and doing reads.

So that's my latest reason for inactivity. If anyone knows anything about fixing this issue for a Samsung Galaxy S5, let me know and (hopefully) I'll even see it.

Also, to answer Calamitas, until Jake's claim I was convinced he was scum. After the claim, I wasn't surprised at all to see him flip town.

Got it. Though it doesn't cancel the flailing EoD1 and not always helpful posts overall.
Therefore, I'm perfectly fine with lynching Calamitas.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: December 14, 2016, 04:25:46 am »

Just for the record, who actually believed Jake scumslipped yesterday (either scumslip counts on that matter)? If not, please give reasons why not.
Yes he did. Many times.

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: December 14, 2016, 04:27:43 am »

Exactly.
Plus if we lynch on Friday D2, then the deadline for D3 will be on the Christmas weekend (24 or 25/12), which isn't ideal.

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: December 14, 2016, 04:29:34 am »

That's a perfectly valid reason for less posting.
I figured there was a reason, since you were a lot more active on D1.
And unfortunately I cannot help with your phone, sorry :(

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: December 14, 2016, 08:52:25 am »

I did not after the first thing (the flavor name stuff), because obviously nobody has a flavor name, so Jake claiming something different was weird but not scummy (because there is no scum motivation to do that). Then with Jake saying there was a Babysitter and a Rolecop, I thought he was either a Doctor (because these are the Doctor's neighbors and maybe he understood the setup badly and thought the neighbors of his role are in the game) or he scumslipped.

He self-hammered before claiming.

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: December 14, 2016, 09:21:39 am »

What about you Dylan?

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: December 14, 2016, 11:56:46 am »

I've already said the exact post number that I thought was the scum slip.  But up until that point I could still see town Jake doing the same thing with the flavor stuff.

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: December 14, 2016, 01:27:32 pm »

So there seems to be a bit of a trend going towards IDPTG.

Is there an actual case on them, or is it just because they've been lurky D2, which they've explained is because of IRL stuff?

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: December 14, 2016, 01:51:43 pm »

Yes he did. Many times.

Final Day 1 Vote Count

Calamitas (1): Dylan32
LaLight (2): Joseph2302, faust
Jake (5): RR, Calamitas, gkrieg, Lalight, Jake

Not Voting (1): IDontPlayThisGame

With 9 alive, it took 5 to lynch.

Twilight now.  Space will do the flip later.

So Dylan, faust annd IDPTG were all not on the mislynch wagon (I wasn't also, but would have been if I hadn't edit conflicted so much). At least 2 town, quite possibly 3, in this group.

I just don't think those fit together.
Assume you are a town player, then someone scumslips legitimately. You acknowledge the scumslip(s), believe they are legitimate and then that person turns out to be town due to some awful play on their part.
There is no way you would believe that being off-wagon is actually towny in that scenario. You have experienced for yourself how legitimate the scumslip felt and how strong evidence there has been for them being scum. Why would you consider it towny to not believe a legitimate scumslip? Town has exactly the same information as you have, why do you expect town players to come to a vastly different conclusion than you did (believing the scumslip, being on wagon)?

The reaction doesn't fit to a town!Joseph who believed the scumslips were legitimate, not at all.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: December 14, 2016, 05:03:23 pm »

Vote Count 2.4

Calamitas (3): LaLight, Dylan, Joseph
Joseph (1): Calamitas
IDontPlayThisGame (1): faust

Not Voting (2): IDontPlayThisGame, Roadrunner

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch. Day 2 ends Friday 16th December. at 3pm forum time.

Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 48  All

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 21 queries.