Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 48  All

Author Topic: Newbie Mafia 9: Grown-up Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 122995 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie Mafia 9: Grown-up Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #775 on: December 12, 2016, 01:48:40 pm »

After thinking about it a bit more, I believe that Calamitas has been townier with regards to the Jake lynch than any of {Joseph, LaLight, Idplay}.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: December 12, 2016, 01:49:52 pm »

And it's curious that Idplay doesn't get any votes even though several people put them down as scummy. So vote: Idplay.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: December 12, 2016, 02:03:34 pm »

And it's curious that Idplay doesn't get any votes even though several people put them down as scummy. So vote: Idplay.

He is scummy, but seems like everyone thinks there are more scummy people. Also i am still waiting promised reads from Idplay. Why not Calamitas?

And am i right that you think that other than Calamitas it's {Joseph; Me; Idplay} you think are scummy? That's pretty mych everyone outside RR and Dylan (who everyone thinks are townie).
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: December 12, 2016, 02:05:14 pm »

He is scummy, but seems like everyone thinks there are more scummy people. Also i am still waiting promised reads from Idplay. Why not Calamitas?

And am i right that you think that other than Calamitas it's {Joseph; Me; Idplay} you think are scummy? That's pretty mych everyone outside RR and Dylan (who everyone thinks are townie).

Can you make a rating out of your reads?

Like:

1) Calamitas
2) Idplay
3) Joseph
4) Faust
5) Dylan
6) RR

I just don't understand what happens in your mind and looks like you like to keep it to yourself. I need a town-team to play with.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: December 12, 2016, 02:06:32 pm »

I'm kind of buying that Calamitas actually believed that Jake scumslipped is why.

Yes it is. There are not a whole lot of players left, you know. If I had already limited my lynchpool down to 2 people, I would happily push for their lynch instead of trying to figure stuff out more.

PPE: 1

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #780 on: December 12, 2016, 02:08:10 pm »

I'm kind of buying that Calamitas actually believed that Jake scumslipped is why.

Yes it is. There are not a whole lot of players left, you know. If I had already limited my lynchpool down to 2 people, I would happily push for their lynch instead of trying to figure stuff out more.

PPE: 1

For me it felt like he was just pushing this lynch hard and after that tried to prove my plan was actually good and served as a trigger to that. But since we lynched VT, my plan was not good.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: December 12, 2016, 02:09:09 pm »

Like:

1) Calamitas
2) Idplay
3) Joseph
4) Faust
5) Dylan
6) RR

I just don't understand what happens in your mind and looks like you like to keep it to yourself. I need a town-team to play with.
I think I'm pretty clear, and I mean I made a long reread post that you can read; pretty much everything is in there.

But sure, from scum to town right now is something like
Idplay > Joseph > LaLight > Calamitas > Dylan >> RR

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: December 12, 2016, 02:33:46 pm »

Like:

1) Calamitas
2) Idplay
3) Joseph
4) Faust
5) Dylan
6) RR

I think I'm pretty clear, and I mean I made a long reread post that you can read; pretty much everything is in there.

But sure, from scum to town right now is something like
Idplay > Joseph > LaLight > Calamitas > Dylan >> RR

got a computer
found a post
reread.

ooookay there is not much about Calamitas at all. Analysis of the one post? Get me right, I'm not eager to lynch just someone, I'm actually waiting Idplay's reads, I'm actually convinced Calamitas is scum.

And after all, if we just agree that RR and Dylan are town, the game is really kinda solved! I'm sure you're town, I am town and there's a strong coalition of 4 players. If Idplay won't come I will be willing to vote him also, cause I still think the both are scum. But if we take out Calamitas, it mat be easier, cause I know he can be a really strong scum player.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: December 12, 2016, 02:35:28 pm »

Also, (don't get me wrong, everyone) I'm really-really interested what roles are there. Don't claim of course, people, I am just REALLY interested.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: December 12, 2016, 02:36:18 pm »

Also, if there is really a Weak Visitor, that may be a time to claim :)

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: December 12, 2016, 02:53:15 pm »

got a computer
found a post
reread.

ooookay there is not much about Calamitas at all. Analysis of the one post? Get me right, I'm not eager to lynch just someone, I'm actually waiting Idplay's reads, I'm actually convinced Calamitas is scum.

And after all, if we just agree that RR and Dylan are town, the game is really kinda solved! I'm sure you're town, I am town and there's a strong coalition of 4 players. If Idplay won't come I will be willing to vote him also, cause I still think the both are scum. But if we take out Calamitas, it mat be easier, cause I know he can be a really strong scum player.

Is it eager town? Is it scum lining up mislynches? I'm torn. LaLight does seem townier to me today. I think I should reread his D1 at some point.

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
  • Shuffle iT Username: IDontPlayThisGame
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: December 12, 2016, 03:08:37 pm »

faust:
I said I felt like either faust or gkrieg was scum and gkrieg flipped VT, so that would mean I think faust is scum. That said, he doesn't seem to have done much today that seems scummy. I'm not convinced that means much though. If town doesn't need much prodding to go through with a mislynch, I could see scum staying under the radar. Wouldn't that implicate IDPTG, you ask yourself? Well, yes, but honestly life came up and I didn't get a chance to follow through on my promise. You decide if you believe that; I don't think there's much I can do to convince you otherwise if you decide I was just lurking. Anyway, leaning scum on faust.

RR:
His behavior has seemed pretty scummy to me, but it also reminds me of the game I played with him where I read him the same way and he was town. I don't think him pushing the jake wagon means anything. He seems to do that. Null.

Calamitas:
I'm not seeing all the scum reads that you folks are. I'm also not getting any town feelings from him. Null.

Dylan:
One of the few reads I have confidence in. A lot of what he's said has been similar to my thoughts and in general I've found myself agreeing with him. As such, reasonably convinced he's town.

LaLight:
The whole jake thing D1 seemed a bit sketchy and I'm not entirely buying his explanation for why it was a town move. Of the three people he was considering to ask the question (which I believe was me, Jake, and Dylan; I'm on my phone, otherwise I'd check), he picked, in my opinion, the one most likely to act without thinking. Convincing people to lynch Jake hasn't been hard (from what I've seen), so getting any kind of response with a logical flaw gives enough of a window to try to make something happen. He's also been pushing me lately, so this looks a bit like OMGUS. Reading him mildly as scum.

Joseph:
I'm not getting much from him. I feel like there's something to read in his D2, I'm just not seeing it.

A LaLight / faust scum team could be interesting. I don't have anything concrete to back it up, I'm just throwing it out there.

PPE: 2

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: December 12, 2016, 03:10:55 pm »

faust:
I said I felt like either faust or gkrieg was scum and gkrieg flipped VT, so that would mean I think faust is scum. That said, he doesn't seem to have done much today that seems scummy. I'm not convinced that means much though. If town doesn't need much prodding to go through with a mislynch, I could see scum staying under the radar. Wouldn't that implicate IDPTG, you ask yourself? Well, yes, but honestly life came up and I didn't get a chance to follow through on my promise. You decide if you believe that; I don't think there's much I can do to convince you otherwise if you decide I was just lurking. Anyway, leaning scum on faust.
I've read it twice. Thrice. Still have no clue where your read comes from.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: December 12, 2016, 03:16:14 pm »

faust:

RR:
His behavior has seemed pretty scummy to me, but it also reminds me of the game I played with him where I read him the same way and he was town. I don't think him pushing the jake wagon means anything. He seems to do that. Null.

Calamitas:
I'm not seeing all the scum reads that you folks are. I'm also not getting any town feelings from him. Null.

Dylan:
One of the few reads I have confidence in. A lot of what he's said has been similar to my thoughts and in general I've found myself agreeing with him. As such, reasonably convinced he's town.

LaLight:
The whole jake thing D1 seemed a bit sketchy and I'm not entirely buying his explanation for why it was a town move. Of the three people he was considering to ask the question (which I believe was me, Jake, and Dylan; I'm on my phone, otherwise I'd check), he picked, in my opinion, the one most likely to act without thinking. Convincing people to lynch Jake hasn't been hard (from what I've seen), so getting any kind of response with a logical flaw gives enough of a window to try to make something happen. He's also been pushing me lately, so this looks a bit like OMGUS. Reading him mildly as scum.

Joseph:
I'm not getting much from him. I feel like there's something to read in his D2, I'm just not seeing it.

A LaLight / faust scum team could be interesting. I don't have anything concrete to back it up, I'm just throwing it out there.

PPE: 2

That is very interesting. Double OMGUS on me/faust and null on RR and Calamitas... I'm not quite sure what to do with that. Null on RR seems the strangest thing here. I can't understand how can it be null. And null on Calamitas... Well, that might be explained as the same hedgy position he had about Jake... Or is he nulling his partner? I think Idplay is intelligent enough to know when it's time to mildly bus. Also Joseph is null also.

Overall I have a feeling this is more town post but looking through it I can't avoid the feeling it is scum adjusting and weighing every word he said...

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: December 12, 2016, 03:25:47 pm »

So here's the thing...

@faust: I started responding in an attempt to clarify my stance on you. The more I typed, the less sense the argument was making. It basically hinged on a bizarre theory (implicating you and Calamitas as the scum team) and my general distrust of both you and gkrieg being town.

@LaLight: The null read on RR is because I'm reading him as scum but the for the same reasons I read him as scum last game. Given that he wasn't scum that game, I no longer have faith in those reads. I'd need something else to convince me that he's scum beyond that.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: December 12, 2016, 03:28:12 pm »

So here's the thing...

@faust: I started responding in an attempt to clarify my stance on you. The more I typed, the less sense the argument was making. It basically hinged on a bizarre theory (implicating you and Calamitas as the scum team) and my general distrust of both you and gkrieg being town.

@LaLight: The null read on RR is because I'm reading him as scum but the for the same reasons I read him as scum last game. Given that he wasn't scum that game, I no longer have faith in those reads. I'd need something else to convince me that he's scum beyond that.

Why are you reading him as scum?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: December 12, 2016, 03:34:15 pm »

I wish I had some scum-hunting plan...

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: December 12, 2016, 03:39:45 pm »

So here's the thing...

Why are you reading him as scum?

Went through his posts. His D1 was hardcore lynch Jake. He's pretty much vanished D2. His posts have all been short and there hasn't been a whole lot of material. In other words, my exact argument from M89.

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: December 12, 2016, 03:42:27 pm »

I forgot to add PPE: 1 (due to this post) to my other post.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: December 12, 2016, 04:01:56 pm »

You mean like your last one?

Better not  :P

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #795 on: December 12, 2016, 08:39:40 pm »

Faust, looking at your list, it looks like you just stuck the two quietest or most under the radar at the bottom of your list.  I agree one of them is probably scum, because the way this game has gone, if people weren't actively pointing it out now, under the radar would probably be the best place for scum to be. However, I don't think they probably both are, because that would probably be too suspicious if they suddenly needed to start talking to direct attention away from themselves.  It sounds like Joseph has been around long enough that he would make sure either he or his partner were more active to prevent that.  Either one could still be scum, but if Joseph is one, then I think his partner is probably someone who has been steering the conversation while he sat back until later.

That being said, this could be his normal level of posting and involvement and I'm reading too much into him being quiet.

IDPTG, about your reads: I've played one game with town!RR and one with scum!RR, and I read him backwards both games for periods of time. I agree that he has been more similar to town!RR than scum!RR, so I'm reading him as pretty towny.  Although admittedly his limited involvement D2 is keeping me from personally calling him conf!town just yet.

Also IDPTG, I'm glad someone has been following my logic so far, but as a matter of improving your play, just because someone is saying what you are thinking doesn't always mean they are town.  It can help you clarify your reads sometimes, but sometimes scum will overly agree with you or take sensible stances that you agree with just to get you on their side to help prevent wagons on them. I've been duped by scum who was doing that before and it sucks, so in the future maybe don't use that as your sole reason for town reading someone.

It seems like Faust has been moving the game forward a decent amount.  Since it sounds like he is one of the if not the most experienced vets in this game, I would imagine he would be more than capable of doing that as both alignments.  However, considering D1 was dominated by other people and led to a mislynch, I'm ok with viewing him as town for now since other people have been way more scummy than him.  That being said, I don't feel as strongly about that as I do that RR is probably town.

Everyone has given me some reason to suspect they are scum at some point or another. 

As has already been well covered, IDPTG's inactivity is either newb!scum or busy!town.  I totally understand life happening, so if they continue to be more active like they have been very recently, I'm willing to accept it as busy!town, but for now the best I can say is scum to null with clear path to null/town by being more active.

Calamitas in general has just given off scummy vibes to me, from the way he handled the claim/don't claim discussion to pushing for Jake to self-hammer.  I don't have a problem with him voting for or being so adamant that Jake scumslipped, but that early self-hammer push just sucked for wagon and EoD analysis later, even if he is town with good intentions.  As of right now, he would be my favorite lynch, but I'm not so dead set on it that I wouldn't consider or support other wagons too.  There are two scum after all!

LL's trick question to Jake did just seem like an elaborate setup.  Even if IDPTG or I had received that question, either of us might have been tripped up by it because until I thought about it more carefully I thought flavor name and your role were related too. So my initial reaction mentally would have been similar to Jake's in thinking it meant claim your role and not wanting to say anything, although I hope I would have handled it and worded everything different.  LL has also talked a decent amount about a Calamitas/IDPTG scum team and the game being solved, but then has been hedgy and looking elsewhere, like with the "I wish I had a scum-hunting plan..." post.  If you really thought that was the team, or at least that was your entire lynch pool, wouldn't you just push harder for town to move towards one of them?  While scum!LL would already know that is an artificial lynch pool and therefore hedge their bets for when they flipped town later.  Then there is the possibility I laid out earlier where one of the two is the other scum.  On the other hand, I could see an unsure town speculating on a scum team and then looking elsewhere too, so I'm not sure how to take this.  I would lynch, but I think I would rather see how either Calamitas, IDPTG, or Joseph flip before deciding on LL, because I'm inclined to think LL was sincerely trying to catch scum, even though I don't agree with the tactics from D1.

If you want a ranking (well, I guess whether you want it or not cuz here it is), I would say right now I see it as:
(scum) Calamitas >> IDPTG >= Joseph > LL > faust >> RR (town).
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: December 12, 2016, 08:59:10 pm »

I want to get more involved, but after Jake being town my world has been turned upside down. I have no idea who is town or scum. IDPTG might be scum, Calamitas might be, maybe Faust. I have no flipping clue.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: December 12, 2016, 09:09:36 pm »

I want to get more involved, but after Jake being town my world has been turned upside down. I have no idea who is town or scum. IDPTG might be scum, Calamitas might be, maybe Faust. I have no flipping clue.

I feel you.  The game EFHW and I got modkilled, I was in shock for days following EFHW's town flip haha. 

But lynching one of the people you listed would give you a flipping clue *ba dum tis* get it? I'll be here all week.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: December 13, 2016, 06:48:47 am »

I think Dylan is town
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: December 13, 2016, 07:43:36 am »

Vote Count 2.3

Calamitas (3): LaLight, Dylan, Joseph
Joseph (2): Roadrunner, Calamitas
IDontPlayThisGame (1): faust

Not Voting (1): IDontPlayThisGame

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch. Day 2 ends Friday 16th December. at 3pm forum time.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 48  All

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 16 queries.