Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 48  All

Author Topic: Newbie Mafia 9: Grown-up Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 121848 times)

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie Mafia 9: Grown-up Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #400 on: December 07, 2016, 02:58:05 pm »

Post Count

Jake: 39
Calamitas: 29
Alec/Dylan: 9
gkrieg: 43
IDPTG: 27
Joseph: 26
faust: 58
LaLight: 69
RoadRunner: 26

So I've managed as many posts as most other people, despite only being here 3-4 days?
That's what I'm taking from those stats.

Well, yes, as you can see it.

RR is kinda lurking, IDPTG is posting rarely though kinda good posts, Calamitas is posting rarely but hugely.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: December 07, 2016, 03:05:58 pm »

RR is kinda lurking, IDPTG is posting rarely though kinda good posts, Calamitas is posting rarely but hugely.

Calamitas also posts kinda uselessly. I mean, he spent all that energy on his theory post when it's already clear that nobody will claim, and we still do not know who he wants to lynch.

That LaLight post is up and down. The frustration about being a lynch candidate despite being the most active I see as a towny thing, but then the case in gkrieg is such a mess. Like after reading the whole post, I still don't quite get how gkrieg is supposed to be scummy. Worse, the "won't switch my vote" statement... like how do you know? How can you determine something like that 1 day before deadline? Scummier stuff might still definitely happen. It seems more like scum trying to appear reasonable. So uh.

Then on the other hand, man, I prefer lynching lurkers over active players, and Calamitas is still scummy. So ugh.

Finally, I want to apologize in case I appeared unfriendly. I get a bit intense at times, and then I'm not always nice to people. Just let it be said that regardless of what's going on in the particular game, I think that LaLight is a great addition to our little mafia community and I look forward to many more games with him.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: December 07, 2016, 03:11:20 pm »

That LaLight post is up and down. The frustration about being a lynch candidate despite being the most active I see as a towny thing, but then the case in gkrieg is such a mess. Like after reading the whole post, I still don't quite get how gkrieg is supposed to be scummy. Worse, the "won't switch my vote" statement... like how do you know? How can you determine something like that 1 day before deadline? Scummier stuff might still definitely happen. It seems more like scum trying to appear reasonable. So uh.

Finally, I want to apologize in case I appeared unfriendly. I get a bit intense at times, and then I'm not always nice to people. Just let it be said that regardless of what's going on in the particular game, I think that LaLight is a great addition to our little mafia community and I look forward to many more games with him.

I'm not a scum. I'm saying things like "won't switch" given the "now" situation. I actually don't think something scummier will happen, there's 9 people and 3,5 of them are active.

Thank you very much, faust. I do appreciate it.

Calamitas

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Calamitas
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: December 07, 2016, 03:14:25 pm »

First, it hasn't been clear at all. You, IDPTG, gkrieg and LaLight(?) tended to think positevely about claiming. Also, my post explains my position I had on you/gkrieg.

Additionally, this stuff is insanely important way beyond D1.
Oh, i just don't like mafia games.

Town (5/9): M85, RMM35, M87, NM9, M90RMM38, M92, M91, M102,
Scum (3/3): M84, M88, M100

MVPs (1): M84

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: December 07, 2016, 03:40:20 pm »

I'm not a scum. I'm saying things like "won't switch" given the "now" situation. I actually don't think something scummier will happen, there's 9 people and 3,5 of them are active.
And yet you are voting for one of the actives.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: December 07, 2016, 03:42:45 pm »

And yet you are voting for one of the actives.

Yes, because his activeness looks scummy. I get the idea "lynch all lurkers" but I'm still thinking gkrieg is scum.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: December 07, 2016, 03:43:22 pm »

Yeah, RR has been a little lurky guys. Sorry.

On D1 though, I don't have too much to add, and if I play like Jake does I usually just get a target on my back, both from lynches (if I say the wrong thing) and front night kills.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: December 07, 2016, 03:48:54 pm »

I feel like RR and me should get a break because we're missed the first 3 days of the game but still RR is lurking but LL makes a solid point so I would be fine with
IDTPG, RR for lurking
Calm, LL, and Big G for their cases
Baseball For Life
Mafia Record Overall (6-14) 30%

Town Wins (4-11) 26.7% M88L, M89L, NM9L, M91L, M95L, M97L,NM10W, RMM41L, M100L, M103L, M105W, M107W, RMM45W, M109L, RMM46L

Scum Wins (2-3) 40% M87L, M94W, ZM23L, M99L, ZM24W

MVP's: None

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: December 07, 2016, 04:11:31 pm »

I don't think I've been excessively lurking, I feel like I've been posting less than RR normally does, which is quite a lot.

I also feel like Jake is either agreeing with everything and/or trying to push pretty much any lynch, which would be scummy but it's Jake so who knows.

Also to Jake: The user Calamitas is spelled C-a-l-a, not c-a-l-m. Has no one else noticed this?

Back to the game and cases at hand, I'm relatively comfortable with lynching Calamitas, anyone else I'd be less cool with.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: December 07, 2016, 04:25:37 pm »

I don't think I've been excessively lurking, I feel like I've been posting less than RR normally does, which is quite a lot.
I think the times when RR posted a lot are gone for quite some time already. You're about at your normal activity and content level.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: December 07, 2016, 04:27:12 pm »

Also, there is too much complaints about lurking and not having reads. This game started slowly, but now we're 400 posts in; that's enough to have some reads.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: December 07, 2016, 04:34:14 pm »

I also don't really understand the last post about me from LaLight. I'm clearly never just posting to post, so an analysis of how many posts I have to fluff ratio doesn't say anything. I actually feel like I have a very townie balance

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: December 07, 2016, 04:35:09 pm »

I would also like to listen something from idptg.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: December 07, 2016, 04:38:03 pm »

I also don't really understand the last post about me from LaLight. I'm clearly never just posting to post, so an analysis of how many posts I have to fluff ratio doesn't say anything. I actually feel like I have a very townie balance

For scum? :)

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: December 07, 2016, 04:41:19 pm »

And also there hasn't been much to comment on in this game.  No one has really done anything.  If you don't believe me, name 3 things that have happened in this game.

Also this post is slightly out of context. Jake is saying that I haven't made useful contributions so I tell him not much has been going on and ask him to name 3 things specifically so that he can name three things and I can prove his point wrong by showing that I had commented on all of those. I've taken major stands on multiple people. Going off of the percent of my posts that are useful by your definition is such a bad metric. Look at the number of useful posts and why they have been useful.

Also you are skewing it by counting my posts with content that are split into two posts as fluff, which automatically will make the percentage lower. If you think about it that is counting a "good"post as a "bad" post instead of not counting it at all.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: December 07, 2016, 04:46:21 pm »

Also the negative atmosphere might be caused by me, as I'm actually getting annoyed with the cases on me.  None of them have actually said something scummy I've done.  Looking at %fluff is a bad metric anyway, as proven a couple of games ago with faust, and even more recently in the game I self-hammered. 

Jake meanwhile picks up any post with anti-gkrieg sentiment and adds it to his "case" on me.  It is like he doesn't actually process the information that is inside the post, but just says "ya that guy is right" just because they also think I'm scummy.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: December 07, 2016, 04:46:51 pm »

I feel like RR and me should get a break because we're missed the first 3 days of the game but still RR is lurking but LL makes a solid point so I would be fine with
IDTPG, RR for lurking
Calm, LL, and Big G for their cases

I'm not sure what getting a break means, but you aren't getting one.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: December 07, 2016, 04:47:44 pm »

I also feel like Jake is either agreeing with everything and/or trying to push pretty much any lynch, which would be scummy but it's Jake so who knows.

Also to Jake: The user Calamitas is spelled C-a-l-a, not c-a-l-m. Has no one else noticed this?

Back to the game and cases at hand, I'm relatively comfortable with lynching Calamitas, anyone else I'd be less cool with.

If you compare this D1, to your D1 in M89, you will see that there you were actively contributing to the game and trying to put together cases on people instead of just saying that nothing was happening in the thread.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: December 07, 2016, 04:53:10 pm »

Also the negative atmosphere might be caused by me, as I'm actually getting annoyed with the cases on me.  None of them have actually said something scummy I've done.  Looking at %fluff is a bad metric anyway, as proven a couple of games ago with faust, and even more recently in the game I self-hammered. 

Jake meanwhile picks up any post with anti-gkrieg sentiment and adds it to his "case" on me.  It is like he doesn't actually process the information that is inside the post, but just says "ya that guy is right" just because they also think I'm scummy.

Hey, I'm sorry! Don't take it so seriously please, that was the best case i could gather then.
I put double-posts into fluff category, cause the may be done the way that you look more active overall, that was my point. I'm okay if this is not so, i'm still relatively newbie too! Jake always does like this, this is just him playing mafia his own way. Don't selfhammer please if you are town, okay? I was trying to put my gut feeling into words, that's it.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: December 07, 2016, 04:54:36 pm »

It's still a newbie game and my weak spot is still that I can't formulate thoughts well. I'm trying to learn.

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: December 07, 2016, 04:56:56 pm »

So right now I doubt Gkrieg & LL are on the same time.
Just need to find the scum one.
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: December 07, 2016, 04:58:38 pm »

So right now I doubt Gkrieg & LL are on the same time.
Just need to find the scum one.

That is definitely not me.
Why do you think so? Explain please :)

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: December 07, 2016, 04:59:05 pm »

Jake, tell us your flavor name, please.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: December 07, 2016, 05:01:02 pm »

Hey, I'm sorry! Don't take it so seriously please, that was the best case i could gather then.
I put double-posts into fluff category, cause the may be done the way that you look more active overall, that was my point. I'm okay if this is not so, i'm still relatively newbie too! Jake always does like this, this is just him playing mafia his own way. Don't selfhammer please if you are town, okay? I was trying to put my gut feeling into words, that's it.

Oh I'm not going to self-hammer here.  I just saying that there isn't much point to fluff cases anyway.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: December 07, 2016, 05:24:37 pm »

Jake, tell us your flavor name, please.

I thought there wasn't supposed to be a claim today. Why would he tell you that? Or is flavor name not the same as VT or role name?
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 48  All

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 16 queries.