Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 46  All

Author Topic: RMM37: Worms Armageddon Mafia (Game over)  (Read 110851 times)

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
Re: RMM37: Worms Armageddon Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #650 on: October 30, 2016, 09:35:03 am »

Scum has no reason to lie about turn order. Like, none. Whatsoever.

If you think a bit about this, you'll probably realize that it isn't true.

Scum want to tell the truth about as much as they possibly can in order to give off as towny an appearance as possible. I am totally unconvinced that lying about claim order/bid number is something they would do

So you're saying you're scum but you're trying to tell the truth as much as possible to not get caught?

Also, I realized your name could be represented with a heart!

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: October 30, 2016, 09:44:02 am »

I was holding out on my extra piece of info about Chairs, but I don't see him coming through in time for the deadline at this point... he hasn't even posted at all here since Friday.

Anyway, I have a minigun, and he's been misrepresenting its power. It targets three people with 60% accuracy, and means that damage dealt to one is also dealt to the others. I expect Chair's shot hit EFHW as well as Dylan, which is why between the scum's 50% night kill and additional weapons, they were able to take down both Dylan and EFHW, as long as those hits were after Chairs in the turn order.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: October 30, 2016, 09:50:46 am »

Reasons I'm convinced e is scum:

First up, e is being very acti-lurky, or was till the last few calendar days, when he just went quiet, and is now back with a vengeance. He comes out absolutely against any plan to have town coordinate to exploit neat facets of the setup, from discussing weapons in D1 to the claiming exercise in D2 which has caught us at least one scum. To me, this set-up looks very different to a normal Mafia game, since all of town has weapons and abilities, and we don't have to wait to be picked off one by one in the night. Perhaps to scum, it looks a lot more like what a usual Mafia game would look like, which is why I think these continual arguments to play more like a normal game (less claiming and set-up exploitation) probably come from a more scummy place.
true. Not scummy though. I mean, you can try to portray it as scummy, but it really isn't. I always start at a default opinion that the mod made a game that can't be "solved" or such and that attempting to exploit those neat facets are a waste of time. I have seen nothing this Gane to suggest that is not the case.

Next up, e is jumping to a lot of conclusions, like health not being able to go above 100 (spoiler: it totally can go up, I asked in my QT!), or two copies of the same weapon not being possible (obviously they are, but his immediate reaction was to call scum, not check this out). He's doing this in conjunction with throwing scum-reads and votes around, looking for reasons to vote for people or boost a wagon.
Yes. I haven't been as active asking the mod questions.
Schadd points out the "bit of a townslip" from e, but actually this wouldn't have been very hard to manufacture on e's part. In particular, he seems perfectly willing to accept from Mail-mi -- the person he was accusing of being scum -- that multiple weapons do exist because Mail-mi said he was holding duplicates. If e was town and genuinely though Mail-mi was scum, e should have been supicious there. Furthermore, how did e even think that Mail-mi knew the name and action of the weapon if he didn't have a copy he could see or ask about? I just don't think that whole interaction was genuine on e's part.
first, I assumed mail-mi had a power that have him visibility on what various weapons did and had been forced to guess a weapon from that list to claim. Second, I did actually ask for confirmation from the mod about weapons having duplicates, and when I got confirmation from them is when I believed mail- mi. Third, go back and reread that while exchange. "If e was town and genuinely though Mail-mi was scum, e should have been supicious there" - I was suspicious! You know, like, I voted him. Got mod confirmation, then withdrew my vote. Or withdrew until I got mod confirmation.

On the gkrieg lynch, e was off-wagon, already tunneling Ghacob. I'm really not sure about this interaction. I'd ready Ghacob as town, but I haven't been overly impressed by Haddock's play since taking over. The question is, would e vote for a partner so consistently for towncred? I think the answer is probably yes, but if J Reggie or Mail-mi wants to weigh in, that would help reassure me (or not). Of course, in this game there are so many scums, someone (JR?) already pointed out that scum are going to have to be having fake interactions that we need to keep an eye out for.
Yeah, wish I had been around at end of day D1. But I wasn't. I am not repeating that this time. The entire gkrieg lynch was a travesty

Lastly, in early D2, e keeps saying that Silver is a town read. Is Silver on anybody's list of confidently towny people?

I am not confident about silverspawn.  I am confident about j Reggie. This game does not turn on finding the whole scum team today, like you insist, but on finding one today. One tomorrow. And the day after.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: October 30, 2016, 09:51:13 am »

e, I don't get you. Half the stuff you're saying makes perfect sense and half of it just seems to be totally crazily off-Base.

Space is right, we can't treat this like a normal game, the night is too important.

Time is getting tight. My favourite lynches are  schadd, RR and mail-mi. We need to get on with this now.

Schadd is the only one of your options I'd consider going for. There's an easy way to check whether we think he's lying about his night action, though, because there must be at least one person still alive in the game who has 10 more health points than they think they should have. Or maybe 20 fewer than they think they should have, if someone was lying about their air strike targets.

Are any of the currently-present people in that sort of a situation? You don't even have to say whether you have more or less health than you'd have expected.

@Schadd, you said the other three targets were random -- are you saying that you don't get to know who exactly they are?
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: October 30, 2016, 10:01:29 am »

With the people we have here right now (as far as I can tell) schadd seems like the only possible lynch. I would be willing to switch closer to deadline as necessary
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: October 30, 2016, 10:04:22 am »

With the people we have here right now (as far as I can tell) schadd seems like the only possible lynch. I would be willing to switch closer to deadline as necessary

I'd like good reasons from you and Haddock for not being interested in conf!scum Chairs, too...

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: October 30, 2016, 10:09:34 am »

I'd like good reasons from you and Haddock for not being interested in conf!scum Chairs, too...

I would like to know why he is confirmed scum

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #657 on: October 30, 2016, 10:11:08 am »

Scum team is e, haddock, chairs, RR. Would be happy lynching any of them.

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #658 on: October 30, 2016, 10:13:22 am »

No lynch is also an option.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: October 30, 2016, 10:13:51 am »

Only three people claimed actions that did damage: me, chairs, and mail-mi.

The only intersection of the people we did damage to is schadd.

The math doesn't add up for the kills. We did not get very many investigative actions in last night, but what we did backed up the claims.

I think saying chairs is scum because he claimed to target one of the people who died is a stretch at best

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #660 on: October 30, 2016, 10:14:09 am »

I do not believe that.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: October 30, 2016, 10:14:44 am »

I could go back to haddock for a lynch.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: October 30, 2016, 10:16:19 am »

I really don't think it is.

I guess I could lynch chairs on the back of that. Space seems to be leading things here, but I'm actually ok with that, I'm convinced they're town.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #663 on: October 30, 2016, 10:16:59 am »

Uh oh. Either scum is bussing or I'm wrong about chairs...

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: October 30, 2016, 10:17:20 am »

I think saying chairs is scum because he claimed to target one of the people who died is a stretch at best

I'm saying he's scum because he lied about how his action works. The wording for the minigun is clear enough that I don't see there's any chance of him thinking it's a vig weapon, which is how he represented it in his claim.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: October 30, 2016, 10:18:04 am »

Uh oh. Either scum is bussing or I'm wrong about chairs...

Scum has to show willing to bus -- they make up almost half our population. Till they actually put votes down, it's all talk anyway.

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #666 on: October 30, 2016, 10:18:52 am »

Well, here goes nothing.

vote: chairs

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: October 30, 2016, 10:19:41 am »

Scum team is e, haddock, chairs, RR. Would be happy lynching any of them.

I think RR is town, really. The 4th one is probably Silver, but could be schadd at a stretch. I totally agree on Haddock, even though Ghacob themself had me fooled.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: October 30, 2016, 10:19:45 am »

I'm saying he's scum because he lied about how his action works. The wording for the minigun is clear enough that I don't see there's any chance of him thinking it's a vig weapon, which is how he represented it in his claim.

I don't have this information that you have, you haven't shared what minigun actually does. I don't think you need to of you don't want to, but I need that info before a switch to chairs

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: October 30, 2016, 10:20:27 am »

Vote: haddock

Seems like something that can happen

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #670 on: October 30, 2016, 10:21:55 am »

vote: haddock will be around to switch.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: October 30, 2016, 10:22:39 am »

Well, here goes nothing.

See, now they're totally at bussing point. I think I'd prefer to take e out, if we can get that wagon moving... the problem with Chairs is he's so non-present he's not as much of an asset to their side anyway.

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #672 on: October 30, 2016, 10:24:26 am »

Well, here goes nothing.

See, now they're totally at bussing point. I think I'd prefer to take e out, if we can get that wagon moving... the problem with Chairs is he's so non-present he's not as much of an asset to their side anyway.

Are you implying I'm scum?

Also, yes I'd ideally take our e bit there no way that will happen with who's online.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: October 30, 2016, 10:26:24 am »

I think I'd prefer to take e out,

You have your minigun.

But seriously, speaking objectively, I doubt there are enough people online for a push to lynch me even if that was something I wanted to do.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: October 30, 2016, 10:28:45 am »

Well, here goes nothing.

Are you implying I'm scum?

It appears so. We can still do just Reggie. Mail-mi, e, Haddock, SpaceAnemone, just need one more
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 46  All

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 20 queries.