Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 46  All

Author Topic: RMM37: Worms Armageddon Mafia (Game over)  (Read 109497 times)

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
Re: RMM37: Worms Armageddon Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #625 on: October 29, 2016, 11:14:26 pm »

This is such a classic RR scumslip. Also, I already said I'm a really bad lynch for today. I think e and RR are scum. Plus chairs. That's a good start.

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #626 on: October 29, 2016, 11:16:33 pm »

Tell you what: if RR (or whoever we lynch) flips scum, I have a plan. It works whether or not I die. If there are more scum than town alive tomorrow, you need to do a no-lynch, but figure out who is scum and have people target them. This could win is the game.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: October 29, 2016, 11:49:12 pm »

Also, this day cannot end like yesterday. 

Would lynch:
schadd, J Reggie, mail-mi, Haddock

Might lynch:
silverspawn, SpaceAnemone

Won't lynch:
RR, chairs
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: October 29, 2016, 11:56:08 pm »

Would lynch:

Might lynch:

Won't lynch:
RR, chairs
generally agree. i guess i trust your read of rr more than mine but i don't get how you're not pulling a scumread from that he claimed to target someone that was already dead
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: October 30, 2016, 12:01:09 am »

Would lynch:

Might lynch:

Won't lynch:
RR, chairs
generally agree. i guess i trust your read of rr more than mine but i don't get how you're not pulling a scumread from that he claimed to target someone that was already dead

He also did things like not realize that there are investigative weapons and such

anyone else with a comment?
I have a comment. I think it might be beneficial for us to know what types of weapons are out there. Since they were called 'weapons,' I assumed all they did was damage. But I no longer think that's true.

I mean, yeah.  He could be scum playing a "I am a dummy" game.  But that isn't RR.  He is just being honest town here.  He made a mistake with gkrieg.  He actually had a good read on him as being townie.  But what this is not is manipulative scum.  This is honest town.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: RMM37: Worms Armageddon Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #630 on: October 30, 2016, 12:25:23 am »

So gkrieg is a very hard-to-read player and seems to be pretty confident here. vote: gkrieg.

first vote on gkrieg.  This is a terrible vote.  He hedges on his vote and votes for a terrible reason.  Doesn't back down and eventually schadd joins him

vote: gkrieg

silverspawn joins the wagon after mail-mi deflects with his claim

schadd confirms his read after gkrieg has an extremely townie post

uh, cases, quick n dirty, three most pressing as it would seem

ghacob: posted like 2 times, you can just go read them. said they were gonna refine reads and then didn't. posts are a bit sparse and setuppy.

gkrieg: all of his posts are phrased in the negative. and maybe that's because there are a lot of things that people said that are wrong but still. i would also say that he's been changing his mind a bunch except for how he hasn't made up his mind for anything yet. also, what? intent to hammer on m-m and then bam, whitelisted.

mail-mi: oh, we mailed him. bunch of opinions (or rather, a bunch of instances of the same opinion) and not a lot of reasons (as i mentioned earlier, i don't like that he towned on ghacob but then had to reread them). sticking to him because he's sticking to me  >:( . he's claimed a thing though. the thing seems more valuable as town than as scum, but idk, it is not difficult to lie about. and in context, the fact that he said "but i have no special powers" sorta rubs me the wrong way, like, he knows that roles have 'special powers'
  mine does. my role has a 'special power' probably

I was only going to whitelist him for the day. I haven't been rereading the thread because I wanted to play this game more with my gut because I realized my mislynch rate is pretty high and wanted to see if that was my gut or my analysis. I also figured I would get mislynched in the game because of my recent scum performances so I wanted to have fun while it happened

ok cool

i don't think gkrieg is my weakest read anymore

chairs and space join the party to get a lynch through, but the damage was done earlier.

I believe at least 2 scum exist in the first 4 people on the wagon  {J Reggie, Silverspawn, schadd, mail-mi}

of those 4, I like J Reggie >> schadd >>mail-mi >>>>silverspawn

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: RMM37: Worms Armageddon Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #631 on: October 30, 2016, 12:29:28 am »

Shoot. I don't have time to reread.

However vote: gkreig because I agree and also think his coming-off-of-me post was super scummy.

Missed this vote because it was misspelled.  But it comes right after the schadd vote.

also, this was the "coming-off-of-me" post:
I could go for any wagon that isn't RR, silverspawn, e, or Dylan, or mail-mi.

Would definitely go for SA or Ghacob, EFHW I could also go for.

vote: Ghacob

ps: I probably won't be around for deadline

How is that scummy?  Please?  He sheeps me a bit on the Ghacob vote, lists his reads.  Some are right, some are wrong, nothing scummy about it.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: October 30, 2016, 12:31:06 am »

I don't know, I feel like I am rambling to myself right now.  I just really think it is a losing move to lynch RR.  Let's not make that mistake.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: October 30, 2016, 12:31:25 am »

I'm of the opinion that 2.7 is pretty much the only towny player, so if it's 10:00 AM on Sunday, I'll probably vote with him. My scumreads are probably like Mail-mi = J Reggie = Schadd >> Haddock
PPE
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #634 on: October 30, 2016, 12:46:52 am »

vote: e

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: October 30, 2016, 02:05:18 am »

Well uh I was null on JR and need to get a lynch through, and I trust e. (Though I think his town reads are totally off). vote: J Reggie
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: October 30, 2016, 04:14:07 am »

Though I think in parallel e should also claim his number.

Haha, this is funny. Not happening. Claiming numbers is ridiculous. I have had a terrible D2, but I am not about to let scum!anemone run this game for town.

Refusing to claim is super scummy because these numbers let us verify the order everyone claimed. You put yourself and two of my biggest scum reads last, and with two empty spots from Dylan and EFHW, so scum probably felt they could arrange the order to suit themselves. But we can trap them in that!

So, anyone who's town, please join my in pushing this to completion. Don't follow or sheep e if he's not willing to go with this, post his number and get Chairs to do the same.

Claiming these numbers gives no useful information to scum. It takes only seconds to say what you bid, so it doesn't distract from other end-of-day arguments. And today's number bidding gets re-wifomed a little, which just had the side-effect of being extra-confusing to people who don't show up for the deadline.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: October 30, 2016, 04:37:34 am »

Though I think in parallel e should also claim his number.

Haha, this is funny. Not happening. Claiming numbers is ridiculous. I have had a terrible D2, but I am not about to let scum!anemone run this game for town.

Refusing to claim is super scummy because these numbers let us verify the order everyone claimed. You put yourself and two of my biggest scum reads last, and with two empty spots from Dylan and EFHW, so scum probably felt they could arrange the order to suit themselves. But we can trap them in that!

So, anyone who's town, please join my in pushing this to completion. Don't follow or sheep e if he's not willing to go with this, post his number and get Chairs to do the same.

Claiming these numbers gives no useful information to scum. It takes only seconds to say what you bid, so it doesn't distract from other end-of-day arguments. And today's number bidding gets re-wifomed a little, which just had the side-effect of being extra-confusing to people who don't show up for the deadline.

Trying to get people to claim numbers is totally pointless and distracting.

Scum has no reason to lie about turn order. Like, none. Whatsoever. Claiming turn order was done, maybe look at the actual claims and try to find something scummy there.

Newsflash

You won't.

By all appearances, town and scum are given moves from the same pot. Town and scum have both killing, healing, and investigative roles I bet. The only way to catch scum is through actual scum hunting. You know, looking at posts, seeing someone like you distract everyone with pointless causes right at the deadline and calling it out for what it is: Scummy

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: October 30, 2016, 04:52:24 am »

Vote Count 2.e

Roadrunner7671 (2): Haddock, silverspawn
J Reggie(2): 2.71828....., mail-mi
2.71828..... (1): J Reggie

Not Voting (): Roadrunner7671, SpaceAnemone, chairs, schadd

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. Day 2 ends October 30 at 11 am forum time.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: October 30, 2016, 06:10:11 am »

unvote I think we actually didn't think this through

Like, why is this even a slip? Town!RR is required to mess up when he submits his action. scum!RR is required to mess up when he claims his target.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: October 30, 2016, 06:11:51 am »

Scum has no reason to lie about turn order. Like, none. Whatsoever.

If you think a bit about this, you'll probably realize that it isn't true.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: October 30, 2016, 06:30:41 am »

Reasons I'm convinced e is scum:

First up, e is being very acti-lurky, or was till the last few calendar days, when he just went quiet, and is now back with a vengeance. He comes out absolutely against any plan to have town coordinate to exploit neat facets of the setup, from discussing weapons in D1 to the claiming exercise in D2 which has caught us at least one scum. To me, this set-up looks very different to a normal Mafia game, since all of town has weapons and abilities, and we don't have to wait to be picked off one by one in the night. Perhaps to scum, it looks a lot more like what a usual Mafia game would look like, which is why I think these continual arguments to play more like a normal game (less claiming and set-up exploitation) probably come from a more scummy place.

Next up, e is jumping to a lot of conclusions, like health not being able to go above 100 (spoiler: it totally can go up, I asked in my QT!), or two copies of the same weapon not being possible (obviously they are, but his immediate reaction was to call scum, not check this out). He's doing this in conjunction with throwing scum-reads and votes around, looking for reasons to vote for people or boost a wagon.

Schadd points out the "bit of a townslip" from e, but actually this wouldn't have been very hard to manufacture on e's part. In particular, he seems perfectly willing to accept from Mail-mi -- the person he was accusing of being scum -- that multiple weapons do exist because Mail-mi said he was holding duplicates. If e was town and genuinely though Mail-mi was scum, e should have been supicious there. Furthermore, how did e even think that Mail-mi knew the name and action of the weapon if he didn't have a copy he could see or ask about? I just don't think that whole interaction was genuine on e's part.

On the gkrieg lynch, e was off-wagon, already tunneling Ghacob. I'm really not sure about this interaction. I'd ready Ghacob as town, but I haven't been overly impressed by Haddock's play since taking over. The question is, would e vote for a partner so consistently for towncred? I think the answer is probably yes, but if J Reggie or Mail-mi wants to weigh in, that would help reassure me (or not). Of course, in this game there are so many scums, someone (JR?) already pointed out that scum are going to have to be having fake interactions that we need to keep an eye out for.

Lastly, in early D2, e keeps saying that Silver is a town read. Is Silver on anybody's list of confidently towny people?
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: October 30, 2016, 06:33:49 am »

The only way to catch scum is through actual scum hunting. You know, looking at posts, seeing someone like you distract everyone with pointless causes right at the deadline and calling it out for what it is: Scummy

Your whole post is the sound of scum going way OTT in order to distract from the logic of a good scum-trap.

I'm going keep asking you and Chairs to claim your bids, so the only possible towny solution for you, by your own logic, is to get me to shut up more quickly by claiming.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: October 30, 2016, 08:17:08 am »

e, I don't get you. Half the stuff you're saying makes perfect sense and half of it just seems to be totally crazily off-Base.

Space is right, we can't treat this like a normal game, the night is too important.

Time is getting tight. My favourite lynches are  schadd, RR and mail-mi. We need to get on with this now.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #644 on: October 30, 2016, 09:12:59 am »

Everybody needs to vote e right now.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #645 on: October 30, 2016, 09:16:32 am »

e, I don't get you. Half the stuff you're saying makes perfect sense and half of it just seems to be totally crazily off-Base.

Space is right, we can't treat this like a normal game, the night is too important.

Time is getting tight. My favourite lynches are  schadd, RR and mail-mi. We need to get on with this now.

You forgot Chairs... you don't think he looks scummy?

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: October 30, 2016, 09:22:00 am »

Everybody needs to vote e right now.

Yes, I agree.

Vote: e

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: October 30, 2016, 09:25:12 am »

I am on my phone so I can't properly reasons to space's case against me, but please read it everyone. There are some great points there for why I am town.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: October 30, 2016, 09:29:34 am »

The only way to catch scum is through actual scum hunting. You know, looking at posts, seeing someone like you distract everyone with pointless causes right at the deadline and calling it out for what it is: Scummy

Your whole post is the sound of scum going way OTT in order to distract from the logic of a good scum-trap.

I'm going keep asking you and Chairs to claim your bids, so the only possible towny solution for you, by your own logic, is to get me to shut up more quickly by claiming.

Also, you are right. I didn't want to basically just to be ornery. I bid 11 for my spot

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: October 30, 2016, 09:32:44 am »

Scum has no reason to lie about turn order. Like, none. Whatsoever.

If you think a bit about this, you'll probably realize that it isn't true.

Scum want to tell the truth about as much as they possibly can in order to give off as towny an appearance as possible. I am totally unconvinced that lying about claim order/bid number is something they would do
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 46  All

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 16 queries.