Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 46  All

Author Topic: RMM37: Worms Armageddon Mafia (Game over)  (Read 109491 times)

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
Re: RMM37: Worms Armageddon Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #525 on: October 26, 2016, 11:28:11 pm »

Also, Haddock you need to claim

I thing the priority should be a reads list first.

Putting Ghacob first in the claiming order was primarily on your say-so. I don't think we should do the full claiming exercise until we've had a chance to discuss the claiming order first. If Haddock thinks you're practically IC like many other seem to, then that's one thing, but I'd like him to form an independent impression first. Same for all the other quiet players here, really.

But, but...I am an IC.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #526 on: October 26, 2016, 11:48:20 pm »

Ok, I have a plan to narrow the lynch pool down.  I am town.  I can prove this tomorrow.  If I'm not confirmed town by tomorrow you can lynch me.  But I will not be lynched today. 

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: October 26, 2016, 11:51:32 pm »

We don't have time to discuss the claiming order. Just follow it.
I forgot to say how much I don't like this post. We have like 3 days to talk about this, assuming we're all active that should be plenty. Trying to rush the day isn't a good thing to do
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: October 27, 2016, 01:21:29 am »

Wrong. We have 2/3 of the day behind us and haven't gotten to a single claim yet, let alone all, yet alone all and discussion. YES WE NEED TO RUSH. shadd and haddock, go ahead and claim in your next post.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: October 27, 2016, 05:59:17 am »

Wrong. We have 2/3 of the day behind us and haven't gotten to a single claim yet, let alone all, yet alone all and discussion. YES WE NEED TO RUSH. shadd and haddock, go ahead and claim in your next post.
I have a seminar to go to for the next ~1.5 hours.  I will be posting my thoughts from last night's catchup reread (and yes, claiming too, since we're doing that) when I get back from that.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: October 27, 2016, 06:42:50 am »

I have a seminar to go to for the next ~1.5 hours.  I will be posting my thoughts from last night's catchup reread (and yes, claiming too, since we're doing that) when I get back from that.
Seminar was cancelled.

Here 'tis.  Not going to do any post by post, but here were my impressions - if people want more detail on anything I'll isolate individual posts then.

First, I wanna note how appropriate it is that I should replace Ghacob.  Their style seems to be big periods of just reading then bursts of a few long posts with a lot of content.  Same as me! 

Town -> scum.

Space - Strong townread.  Strongest townread I've had on anyone in a while, in fact.  Very analytical, but in a self-conscious way that I have associated with Space since their first game.  I gave them some tips on how to look townier as town, and not being so self-conscious was one of the primary ones.  But it takes a while to get that out of your system, and I still see it in plenty of posts here.  Some real classic!Space stuff.

Reggie - Strongish townread. I always have to double think with Reggie - he does stuff as town that would be seen as scummy by many, but then is often very towny as scum.  The level here is just about perfect for town!Reggie - plenty of posts that got me thinking scummy at first until I realised it was Reggie, so was normal.  Plenty of good contribution as well.  I give him townpoints for starting the gkrieg wagon and not moving.  That's a superbold scum play, which I don't think Reggie does.

e - Yeah, he's pretty towny.  Just all-round towny posts and play.  Not sure I like his approach to Ghacob/me lately, but from what I remember of the last time I played with e, he does like his lurker lynches.  Would probably be above Reggie on this list except that he's a terrifyingly good scum player so I'm paranoid.

chairs - Light town.  Someone this lurky is hard to read as outright town, but he's so close to his meta I have to give him town points. 

silver - null.  I wanna say towny, but I ALWAYS wanna say towny when it comes to silver.

RR - Light scum.  My ability to read RR is completely out of whack since like my 10th game with him, but he's definitely less talkative than usually.  Much less verbal diarrhoea than I'd expect  from him, combined with fewer serious attempts to contribute something, no matter how desperately forced.  He gets townpoints for being off of all the wagons at day end though.  That's classic RR.

mail-mi - Light scum.  Several questionable posts, and just a generally weird perspective on the game.  He'd get scumpoints for wagon position too, except it's probably fair to say that was a self-preservation thing.

schadd - Strong scumread.   Tries to explain his motivations in detail way too much, classic new!scum tell.  Very forced throughout, and alternates in a super weird way between really short posts that contribute nothing and the odd long post that tries to contribute something but is often full of fluff.  Keeps mixing random irrelevant crap into his posts, like he's making them intentionally hard to interpret.

Me!   OK, I'm the Lucky Worm.  I have an increased chance of getting super-weapons from weapons crates.  So that went totally great for me/Ghacob last night.    I'm actually not sure what my chance is; the wording in my QT is kinda weird (percentage vs. percentage points).  Gonna check that.
I started with 2 weapons:
A Cluster Bomb: 30 dmg to one target, 15 to the players either side of them in the turn order.  80% accurate. 
Old Woman: Perfect accuracy.  Like a Jailkeep/Watcher - blocks actions but prevents damage from weapons, then gets a watchlist.

Ghacob didn't use either, and also got a Battle Axe at night start - 100 accuracy, halves the target's current HP.  Not used.  Ghacob doesn't explain why, but it kinda makes sense, I guess.  Jailkeeping, damage and watching are all more useful later.  Then again maybe Ghacob just wasn't about, the QT has nothing in it for ages.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: October 27, 2016, 07:26:29 am »

you weren't supposed to reveal your ability, but okay.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: October 27, 2016, 07:38:22 am »

Really?  I thought we were massclaiming.  I mean, there's a good chance I'm dead tonight anyway.

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: October 27, 2016, 08:12:36 am »

i went first in the turn order. i used a banana bomb, which targets someone with 70% accuracy and heals them for 30, and also heals 3 random other people for 3. i targeted e, it landed.
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: October 27, 2016, 08:26:28 am »

Really?  I thought we were massclaiming.  I mean, there's a good chance I'm dead tonight anyway.

Yeah, no, just actions taken last night.

You also need to state your place in the turn order but not the number you (Ghacob) bid to get there.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: October 27, 2016, 08:39:32 am »

Yeah, no, just actions taken last night.

You also need to state your place in the turn order but not the number you (Ghacob) bid to get there.
I was tenth.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: October 27, 2016, 09:05:14 am »

I'm next in Mail-mi's claim order.

I want to reiterate that I'm really worried that e and Silver are scum, and that the order is rigged to favour scum. Either that, or nobody townie is paying enough attention or engaging with what I'm trying to do :-(

Anyway, I went 9th, and I activated my mine. I warned everyone before the end of D1 that I was spiky :-) Mail-mi's airstrike won't have caused him damage, though, because he was ahead of me in the turn order. Someone targeting me after my turn will have taken damage.
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: October 27, 2016, 02:07:30 pm »

I don't remember where I am in claim order, but now's a good moment for me to claim. I went 6th and I had a Minigun so I shot at Dylan32 for a hit and a couple other people (I can go back and check later) missing the other two. I'm a little disappointed since I think this effectively breaks the otherwise awesome vig streak I had going of playing basically perfect with regards to killing people at night - I realize I couldn't be the only one who hit Dylan, but still, it's frustrating.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: October 27, 2016, 03:36:44 pm »

Hi! I can do a thing now! Yay!

I don't remember where I am in claim order, but now's a good moment for me to claim. I went 6th and I had a Minigun so I shot at Dylan32 for a hit and a couple other people (I can go back and check later) missing the other two. I'm a little disappointed since I think this effectively breaks the otherwise awesome vig streak I had going of playing basically perfect with regards to killing people at night - I realize I couldn't be the only one who hit Dylan, but still, it's frustrating.

this makes me suspect chairs slightly.

I want to reiterate that I'm really worried that e and Silver are scum, and that the order is rigged to favour scum. Either that, or nobody townie is paying enough attention or engaging with what I'm trying to do :-(

Anyway, I went 9th, and I activated my mine. I warned everyone before the end of D1 that I was spiky :-) Mail-mi's airstrike won't have caused him damage, though, because he was ahead of me in the turn order. Someone targeting me after my turn will have taken damage.

Why did you activate a mine when you were ninth? It would only have affected 3 people, and only if they targeted you.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #539 on: October 27, 2016, 03:38:08 pm »

I think chairs is scum.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #540 on: October 27, 2016, 04:10:47 pm »

So here's a train of thoughts post as I reread. I probably won't put any quotes in (or will I?)

J Reggie starts a wagon on dylan. We know he's town now, but it's totally null. I joined it to pressure dylan and to see how he would react. So yeah null.

Hm. e votes J Reggie for a post that I think is actually pretty townie. Don't know what to think of it.

RR jumps on J Reggie's wagon. Up to this point I think J Reggie is town. and I don't like the early wagon on him.

Ghacob actually seems kinda hedgy... hm.

I still think SS is not just "down phase with mafia" but "down phase with being scum again in mafia."

Ghacob's reaction to the suspicion on them for inactivity reads over the top frustrated, like a scum trying to fake a townie frustration. I'm starting to come around on my read on him.

SA is focusing a lot on the fact that gkrieg always reads them as scummy. Don't know what to think of that either, but slight slight scum.

I've found that SA is usually pretty fluffy on D1. So slight town points.

I still like that RR made a case on me. Or do I? Wasn't he doing something, trying to make a new meta that he plays "differently"? And now he's steering away from that because it got him lynched... yeah, for right now, scum on RR.

schadd is not making as many funny comments as I'd expect, from ghibli. So slightly scummy.

I also don't really like schadd's vote on gkrieg.

SA's post after gkreig self hammers is awful scummy.

And that's day 1
So uh schadd and RR are my biggest scum reads right now, followed by SA. So vote: schadd
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: October 27, 2016, 06:12:59 pm »

this makes me suspect chairs slightly.

It makes me suspect Chairs, too.
@Chairs, can you clarify how much damage your minigun did?

Why did you activate a mine when you were ninth? It would only have affected 3 people, and only if they targeted you.

I checked in my QT, and the mine stays active till I'm successfully targeted, so if it wasn't triggered last night, it can still hurt someone who targets me tonight instead. My other weapon options were not things I was comfortable using without a clear idea of who several scums are, so it seemed wisest to put the mine in play on N1 and then use other things later on. As I said, I think town needs to coordinate well in order to stay competitive with scum's massive advantage in being able to compound their night actions.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: October 27, 2016, 06:58:06 pm »

Play, in order so far:
Schadd: #1: Banana Bomb healed e for 30 and 3 random others for 10.
Mail-mi: #3: air strike, targeted schadd, silver, and SA for 30 damage each.
Chairs: #6: Minigun, which hit Dylan and missed a couple of others.
SA: #9: Activated mine.
Haddock: #10: No action taken.

Unclaimed/partially claimed:
e: #?: air strike, targets not claimed
J Reggie: #?: ?
RR: #?: ?
Silver: #?: ?

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #543 on: October 27, 2016, 07:03:47 pm »

Play, in order so far:
Schadd: #1: Banana Bomb healed e for 30 and 3 random others for 10.
Mail-mi: #3: air strike, targeted schadd, silver, and SA for 30 damage each.
Chairs: #6: Minigun, which hit Dylan and missed a couple of others.
SA: #9: Activated mine.
Haddock: #10: No action taken.

Unclaimed/partially claimed:
e: #?: air strike, targets not claimed
J Reggie: #?: ?
RR: #?: ?
Silver: #?: ?

I've already claimed my number. It's 7. I can claim my action now if you want, although it won't tell anyone anything new.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: October 27, 2016, 07:05:19 pm »

And that's day 1
So uh schadd and RR are my biggest scum reads right now, followed by SA. So vote: schadd

Please be careful here! If you're town, then voting someone we're not 100% sure is scum is dangerous because it only takes 5 to lynch and there are 4 scums left. If we lose town tonight we're almost certainly utterly screwed, even though the game isn't technically over till we're all dead. I say this assuming you're town, because that's where my current read on you is at.

Also, you appear to be voting based on D1 only, so I'd really like to hear how your D2 reads have evolved. In particular, I thought you'd moved past thinking I'm scummy, and I agree with your post at #538 that there should be definite suspicion on Chairs.

If you're scum, then please just nobody towny follow Mail-mi onto this wagon before we can go through the rest of the claim process and figure as much as possible out first.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: October 27, 2016, 07:07:53 pm »

I've already claimed my number. It's 7. I can claim my action now if you want, although it won't tell anyone anything new.

Sorry, I forgot that part! Yes, please claim your action.. you're next in e's list after me, and I don't seem to have convinced enough people that his ordering is suspect. I think we can still work things out this way, so I figure it's better to get the claims in the open than waste more time debating it.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: October 27, 2016, 07:27:13 pm »

And that's day 1

Please be careful here! If you're town, then voting someone we're not 100% sure is scum is dangerous because it only takes 5 to lynch and there are 4 scums left. If we lose town tonight we're almost certainly utterly screwed, even though the game isn't technically over till we're all dead. I say this assuming you're town, because that's where my current read on you is at.

Also, you appear to be voting based on D1 only, so I'd really like to hear how your D2 reads have evolved. In particular, I thought you'd moved past thinking I'm scummy, and I agree with your post at #538 that there should be definite suspicion on Chairs.

If you're scum, then please just nobody towny follow Mail-mi onto this wagon before we can go through the rest of the claim process and figure as much as possible out first.

shoot i forgot about it being lylo. unvote

I don't have time to look at d2 today, which i will do.

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #547 on: October 27, 2016, 07:33:00 pm »

Ok, I used a pistol on mail-mi. It's an investigative action. It told me that he used a health damage weapon.

I have a plan for tonight that I mentioned earlier, but I realized it only really works if we lynch scum. So let's do that.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: October 27, 2016, 11:56:44 pm »

I will claim and give thoughts tomorrow. Then we need to lynch
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: October 28, 2016, 04:07:38 am »

RR and Silver, please claim now too.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 46  All

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 16 queries.