Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 46  All

Author Topic: RMM37: Worms Armageddon Mafia (Game over)  (Read 109485 times)

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
Re: RMM37: Worms Armageddon Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #475 on: October 24, 2016, 11:17:39 pm »

hi, i'm schadd, the moneyhouse. lockjaw.
Is that a reference to the Kodak Black song?

aaand now I have to look up Kodak Black.
You might want to look up French Montana instead. The song is technically French Montana feat. Kodak but Kodak just slayed his verse and Montant is mediocre at best
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: October 24, 2016, 11:31:09 pm »

Think about it more. There's clearly been some scum coordination in order to make two deaths happen. (Hmm.. Or else town has been flailing more wildly that I think reasonable, bbut let's push that aside for now). For that to happen, they need to have coordinated things in order. The order is important, because certain players have defensive stuff and other things that only work further down the turn order chain... and I think there's a way to scum-hunt using the info :-)

Oh, though also, anyone dealing damage reflexively should probably not claim the amount for now, just that they do.. we can use that extra piece of info as a check afterwards in cases where it's necessary; otherwise it helps keep people's current health more of a secret.

Hmmm. You're right, I was just thinking that crate collecting was the only thing that was in turn order.

Good. So how do your scum/town reads match up with e's suggested claiming order. Do you feel that Chairs and Silver are more towny than other people?

@Schadd, @J Reggie and @Roadrunner, same question to you: what do you feel about the claim order and how it might match up to your various reads on people?

Lemme see...

Ghacob--Yeah, lots of people suspect him. I still need to reread.
Schadd--Obviously I suspect him, I shot at him.
SpaceAnemone--same as above.
J Reggie--Uh...I don't really remember him this game. Which is odd.
RR--seems like town!rr.
silverspawn--see SA.
Chairs--Uh... I don't exactly see him as towny.
e (finish claiming)

So, for me, I'd say put SS and chairs (in the same order) below SA. Otherwise it looks good to me. I really need to reread though but I'm super busy so we'll see if i actually get to it.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: October 24, 2016, 11:33:05 pm »

I don't need to reread but I do need to think about this game a bit more. Honestly it looks like Ghacob might just get modkilles or replaced and I'm willing to kill some time until that happens

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
Re: RMM37: Worms Armageddon Mafia (Night 1)
« Reply #478 on: October 25, 2016, 01:23:55 am »

Vote Count 2.1

Ghacob (1): 2.71828.....
Not Voting (8 ): Roadrunner7671, SpaceAnemone, J Reggie, silverspawn, chairs, Ghacob, mail-mi, schadd

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. Day 2 ends October 30 at 11 am forum time.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 11:07:28 am by faust »
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: October 25, 2016, 10:53:56 am »

Hey guys

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: October 25, 2016, 10:55:46 am »

Hey guys

hey

it will be 48 hours for Ghacob in....about.....10 minutes
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: October 25, 2016, 10:57:59 am »

Hey guys

hey

Oh, so we're actually doing my thing where we just chill. Alright.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: October 25, 2016, 11:00:54 am »

Hey guys

hey

well, I am not.  I am actually voting.  I think it is obvious by now that Ghacob is scum.  Scum have had plenty of time to lynch him if he were in fact town to (maybe?) win the game.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: October 25, 2016, 11:01:39 am »

I am all about just lynching Ghacob and moving on to D3, full claim on D3 (depending on how the night goes) then move on from there

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: October 25, 2016, 11:02:35 am »

Hey guys

hey

well, I am not.  I am actually voting.  I think it is obvious by now that Ghacob is scum.  Scum have had plenty of time to lynch him if he were in fact town to (maybe?) win the game.
I think that if scum quicklynched they'd be prime weapon targets though. If 4 people quickly jumped on the Robz wagon I'd certainly shoot at them

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: October 25, 2016, 11:04:31 am »

Hey guys

hey

I think that if scum quicklynched they'd be prime weapon targets though. If 4 people quickly jumped on the Robz wagon I'd certainly shoot at them

Robz isn't in this game.

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #486 on: October 25, 2016, 11:04:54 am »

Hey guys

hey

That makes sense except that Robz isn't playing.

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #487 on: October 25, 2016, 11:05:11 am »

Oh, I was ninjad

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: October 25, 2016, 12:42:52 pm »

Just checking in.. work's busy today, but I'll post actual reads/cases on some stuff if I have time tonight.

I think Ghacob's extended absence is foolish play by them even if they are scum, because it's drawing too much attention, rather than staying under the radar (which is the prime reason you'd want to be quiet and away-ish as scum, I think). I'm not happy with the quicklynch idea because it's too easy for scum to hide behind such an obvious reason while jumping on the wagon, and I feel like there's still a decent chance Ghacob's incapacitated town.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: October 25, 2016, 01:04:51 pm »

We clearly can't wait for Ghacob, let's proceed, shadd ist next, go go go!

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: October 25, 2016, 01:14:40 pm »

Actually, I think I'd like to argue against you and chairs being so far down the list of suspicion before we get to actual claims.. but I'm still at work just now!

I think if Ghacob is getting replaced, there's still the potential for claiming there anyway.
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: October 25, 2016, 01:57:29 pm »

Yes

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: October 25, 2016, 02:09:44 pm »

and I feel like there's still a decent chance Ghacob's incapacitated town.

Explain how ghacob is town, please

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #493 on: October 25, 2016, 02:50:57 pm »

There might be a reason for ghacob to not be present, and we shouldn't get too hung up on it. If the mod does not prod ghacob, I think I might know the reason. I've asked a clarifying question in my cutie.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: October 25, 2016, 03:57:36 pm »

i went first in the turn order. i used a banana bomb, which targets someone with 70% accuracy and heals them for 30, and also heals 3 random other people for 3. i targeted e, it landed.
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: October 25, 2016, 03:57:56 pm »

whoops. it heals 3 random people for 10, not 3
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: October 25, 2016, 06:06:33 pm »

Okay, so my big worry here is that Silver and e are scum buddies who're being successful in driving us towards a town mislynch on an inactive player and painting me as untownie when I try to go scumhunting instead. And on the side, that they're arranging to have this claim plan go through with Silver and Chairs right at the end, when I especially don't think Chairs has done anything all that townie.

I've fully re-read of Silver this evening, and his play is pretty poor for someone of his standard D1.. he relied on borrowed arguments, and of the 4 people for whom he voted D1, three have now flipped town (and the other is mail-mi). His D2 play picks up a bit, with some towny-sounding stuff, but I'm still worried, especially since each of you has a 50% a prior chance of being scum anyway.

I've also re-read e. I know he's a good player, but I still think his D1 was more acti-lurking than really pushing things forward. His D2 is like a stream-rollering exercise, co-opting my claim plan (while making minimal mention of the key ordering component till I really pushed for it) and getting Silver's support on the claiming order but not really allowing everyone else to weigh in on the ordering before pushing (and before Silver) pushing to start claiming, while actually a lot of the utility of the exercise is in getting people to cement their reads by discussing who's looking townie or scummy right now. I just really don't like it.

In terms of other reads, Ghacob is the obvious person to re-visit now I haven't read their posts in a few days, so here's my complete read-through.
3 posts before game start.
One post to vote WW (who isn't in the game).
Reads Dylan as newb!town, which turned out to be right, though there was then a bit of a retraction of the read, though that significantly ended with a null read on e, and not a scum read on Dylan.
Three posts about being upset about the post count thing. I agree that the post count thing is seriously iffy.
Longer post that I'd originally agreed with. Still comes off as a bit fed up with how other players are reading things, and I pick that up as frustrated town, though from e's perspective it may come across more harsh, I guess?
Okay, so the double usage of "I for one" makes me marginally suspicious -- it's the sort of language that feels forced to me, but then I don't actually know Ghacob at all.
I still really like what Ghacob posted about metametadiscussion. It really does exactly match my level of uncertainty about what abilities we have, how they'd interact with items etc. How is any of it not pro-town to get some discussion going about how much we can gain as town compared to scum in exploring some of this stuff?
Reads list at #202. Early in the game to be posting a complete one, but they had a growing wagon, and I think posting reads is a good defence to show their engagement (at that point!) with the game. It's still full of nulls, too. I actually agree with a lot of it, and 2/4 of the "slight town" reads have already flipped town (gkrieg and Dylan), with me and JR being the other two.
Finally #289, which involves a warning that both gkrieg and e are people who they feel can steer a game singlhanded. Now I feel like we're seeing this from e, and I'm not really convinced it's from a townie perspective.

I still don't see them as conf!scum by a long way, and since unexpected VLAs like this are not really alignment-indicative (as opposed to cases of players being generally lurky) then I think there really is a strong chance they're a bad lynch for today.

Also e, if your reason for town-reading Silver and Chairs is because of Ghacob's scum-reads (you mentioned there was PoE involved) then I urge you please to re-read them.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: October 25, 2016, 06:10:14 pm »

Oh, and also, I don't think we should be considering the objective of this day phase to be just to identify and lynch off one scum.

I think we need to get as clear as possible an idea who all the scum are in order for town to have a fighting chance. We're going to have to make a concerted effort to attack them in the night, rather than carpet-bombing a handful of targets solo like mail-mi did and damaging townies in the process, because that just plays even more into scum's hands. They're already too strong, so we need to pull together!
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 46  All

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 17 queries.