Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 46  All

Author Topic: RMM37: Worms Armageddon Mafia (Game over)  (Read 109468 times)

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
Re: RMM37: Worms Armageddon Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #450 on: October 24, 2016, 12:06:00 pm »

I think e should determine a claim order.

I think ghacob needs to claim in their first post back, whenever that is.

Other than that, I am not entirely convinced a mass claim is the way to go. I am willing to go forward with it if everyone wants to though.

If we do, I like this order:

Already claimed:
Mail-mi: air strike, targeted schadd, silverspawn, and SpaceAnemone for 30 damage each
e: air strike, targets not claimed

Ghacob
Schadd
SpaceAnemone
J Reggie
RR
silverspawn
Chairs
e (finish claiming)

Well, that's an ordering of names. Where on earth does your townread on Chairs come from?

some PoE and meta.  I should go back and reread him but don't have the time right now.  I am comfortable with my vote. 

I mean, my reads could definitely be off.  I hope I am completely right, but experience tells me that I am off on at least one scum.  I am confident about Ghacob, so I want to start there, then we will have additional evidence and results from N2 and can continue to close in on scum.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: October 24, 2016, 12:40:27 pm »

Pretty sure a "massclaim" is good. I mean, it tells scum virtually nothing. All weapons are one shot.

We don't claim what we still have, obviously.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: October 24, 2016, 01:38:45 pm »

Biggest question in my opinion is if we claim health. I agree, 1-shot items are probably not a huge deal to claim. Health might be
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: October 24, 2016, 01:55:24 pm »

Yeah. I think the biggest downside of claiming abilities is that it gives information about health. But we don't have to make it even easier. Don't think we should be claiming health.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: October 24, 2016, 02:04:28 pm »

Been over 24 hours since day start and ghacob has yet to post

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: October 24, 2016, 02:37:12 pm »

Maybe Ghacob just won't post and he'll die due to inactivity? If he's scum, that'll benefit us since unless I misunderstood the inactivity rules it won't swap to night over that.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: October 24, 2016, 02:48:59 pm »

Request prod on Ghacob
Town or scum, they shouldn't be inactive
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: October 24, 2016, 03:49:12 pm »

Maybe Ghacob just won't post and they'll die due to inactivity? If they're scum, that'll benefit us since unless I misunderstood the inactivity rules it won't swap to night over that.
FTFY
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: October 24, 2016, 03:55:33 pm »

Okay, I'm glad some more people are posting... I'm a little uncomfortable at how much e and, to a lesser extent, Silver, have driven pretty everything in D2 so far.

@Mail-mi, I've seen you described as a set-up-solving kind of person before somewhere... what's your opinion of the idea of claiming play order? Do you see where I'm trying to go with this?

I'm asking Mail-mi in particular because it feels unlikely that both e and Mail-mi are both scummy, but I guess that question's open to all the rest of you too!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: October 24, 2016, 05:46:11 pm »

So. Claiming.

Things we can claim: turn order, weapons used, weapons we have, health.

I am cool with claiming turn order and weapons used, not so much health and current arsenal

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: October 24, 2016, 05:48:21 pm »

Okay, I'm glad some more people are posting... I'm a little uncomfortable at how much e and, to a lesser extent, Silver, have driven pretty everything in D2 so far.

@Mail-mi, I've seen you described as a set-up-solving kind of person before somewhere... what's your opinion of the idea of claiming play order? Do you see where I'm trying to go with this?

I'm asking Mail-mi in particular because it feels unlikely that both e and Mail-mi are both scummy, but I guess that question's open to all the rest of you too!

I don't really see where it helps us, other than outing who (likely) has the utility crate.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #461 on: October 24, 2016, 06:12:47 pm »

So. Claiming.

I am cool with claiming turn order and weapons used, not so much health and current arsenal

Also alignment.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: October 24, 2016, 06:21:41 pm »

So. Claiming.

Also alignment.

Yes, and JR's a tactician at the moment, so that must be the best tactic :-)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: October 24, 2016, 06:30:11 pm »

You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: October 24, 2016, 06:32:27 pm »

I don't really see where it helps us, other than outing who (likely) has the utility crate.

Think about it more. There's clearly been some scum coordination in order to make two deaths happen. (Hmm.. Or else town has been flailing more wildly that I think reasonable, bbut let's push that aside for now). For that to happen, they need to have coordinated things in order. The order is important, because certain players have defensive stuff and other things that only work further down the turn order chain... and I think there's a way to scum-hunt using the info :-)

Oh, though also, anyone dealing damage reflexively should probably not claim the amount for now, just that they do.. we can use that extra piece of info as a check afterwards in cases where it's necessary; otherwise it helps keep people's current health more of a secret.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: October 24, 2016, 06:47:48 pm »

Think about it more. There's clearly been some scum coordination in order to make two deaths happen. (Hmm.. Or else town has been flailing more wildly that I think reasonable, bbut let's push that aside for now). For that to happen, they need to have coordinated things in order. The order is important, because certain players have defensive stuff and other things that only work further down the turn order chain... and I think there's a way to scum-hunt using the info :-)

Oh, though also, anyone dealing damage reflexively should probably not claim the amount for now, just that they do.. we can use that extra piece of info as a check afterwards in cases where it's necessary; otherwise it helps keep people's current health more of a secret.

Hmmm. You're right, I was just thinking that crate collecting was the only thing that was in turn order.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: October 24, 2016, 07:08:02 pm »

Hmmm. You're right, I was just thinking that crate collecting was the only thing that was in turn order.

Good. So how do your scum/town reads match up with e's suggested claiming order. Do you feel that Chairs and Silver are more towny than other people?

@Schadd, @J Reggie and @Roadrunner, same question to you: what do you feel about the claim order and how it might match up to your various reads on people?

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #467 on: October 24, 2016, 07:21:18 pm »

The only thing I can claim is completely moot.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: October 24, 2016, 07:51:20 pm »

The only thing I can claim is completely moot.

That's fair. You're still going to be able to claim what space in the turn order you did your completely moot thing in. That part is important for other orderings around you, too.

Also, before anyone else gets to claiming, you can consider how you feel about the claim order e proposed.

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: October 24, 2016, 08:34:32 pm »

@Schadd, @J Reggie and @Roadrunner, same question to you: what do you feel about the claim order and how it might match up to your various reads on people?
quoted here:

Ghacob
Schadd
SpaceAnemone
J Reggie
RR
silverspawn
Chairs
e (finish claiming)
i'm still not sure exactly what we gain from claiming order. it is outed who got the utility crate, and there is probably some information to be gained from what order weaponry happened, but that seems perhaps too convoluted, and probably more revealing to scum (since they know what happened in 4 of the turns). at least, there should be a prelimi-claim about whether people "have something interesting that might be revealed" from the turn order. i don't really have a thing like that.

as for the order:
-ghacob is distant. sorta scum, probably should be on top also because of the lurky thing
-hi!
-sa is uh solvy as ever. i am, for a couple reasons, confident that the person playing under their username is in fact the space we've seen before. so far the only bad impression i've gotten was "all [ghacob's] stuff seems solid". this spot is fine
-weirdly strong townread on j reggie this game. he seems way calmer than the singular finished game i have with him
-rr is quite the null
-silver is, similarly, quite believably the same person that usually uses silver's username. idk, he seems like he would be a good scum and also i totally haven't seen it before
-chairs has been quiet in the last while but defended dylan who ended up being town. probably closer to the middle
-e is also supertown atm. i like the vote on mail-mi, like, when you have information that incriminates someone you just vote for them and put your cards on the table. and then he dropped it right away when the information was moot, so there wasn't an intention
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: October 24, 2016, 09:20:28 pm »

^ I continue to like your avatar more and more

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: October 24, 2016, 09:24:53 pm »

hi, i'm schadd, the moneyhouse. lockjaw.
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: October 24, 2016, 09:25:54 pm »

Is that a reference to the Kodak Black song?
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: October 24, 2016, 09:26:36 pm »

no

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: October 24, 2016, 11:14:12 pm »

aaand now I have to look up Kodak Black.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 46  All

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 16 queries.