Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 46  All

Author Topic: RMM37: Worms Armageddon Mafia (Game over)  (Read 109476 times)

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
Re: RMM37: Worms Armageddon Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #425 on: October 23, 2016, 05:32:05 pm »

I would like mail-mi to claim what action he took last night (if any)

I did take one. And it's also why I think at least one, maybe two, of ss/Schadd/SA are scum: I did 30 damage to each of them. And they weren't of the two people that died. So I think it's reasonable to lynch among them because they probably didn't take any other damage, making it more likely that they're scum.

what was that weapon called?

Air strike. And it ended my turn so I couldn't do anything else.

I took 30 damage, so that part is verified.

What was your turn order number?

Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: October 23, 2016, 05:33:02 pm »

I did take one. And it's also why I think at least one, maybe two, of ss/Schadd/SA are scum: I did 30 damage to each of them. And they weren't of the two people that died. So I think it's reasonable to lynch among them because they probably didn't take any other damage, making it more likely that they're scum.

what was that weapon called?

Air strike. And it ended my turn so I couldn't do anything else.

I took 30 damage, so that part is verified.

What was your turn order number?

I don't think that's wise to claim. I didn't get the crate, though.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: October 23, 2016, 05:39:57 pm »

oh, mail-mi is lying.

confirmed scum

vote: mail-mi
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: October 23, 2016, 05:41:27 pm »

anyone else with a comment?
I have a comment. I think it might be beneficial for us to know what types of weapons are out there. Since they were called 'weapons,' I assumed all they did was damage. But I no longer think that's true.

why not?  two people died last night.  That seems to be a lot of damage being thrown around
Because of a weapon I have
i definitely have a weapon whose primary purpose is non-damage
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: October 23, 2016, 05:49:02 pm »

I wonder whether it's good for town not to claim more details on weapons we're still holding, so as not to let scum plan their next night around that.

However, since the weapons we had last night are random, and they're now used up, I think we can talk about player order and who did what. If there are particular details of your power/thing that interact with your action, maybe be fuzzy around them, but given there are more town than scum still, I think this is actually a good strategy, and one we have a reasonable chance of verifying with health loss patterns and things.

For the people who haven't yet claimed their turn order from last night, I think we should maybe suggest a turn-number claim in some order where the people under more suspicion go sooner than the ones most people are townreading.
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: October 23, 2016, 05:59:18 pm »

oh, mail-mi is lying.

confirmed scum

Um, no I'm not. I was third in the turn order and didn't bother trying to collect the crate because it would reduce accuracy of airstrike, which is only 60%. All three shots hit, as well.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: October 23, 2016, 06:13:29 pm »

oh, mail-mi is lying.

confirmed scum

You can't just say these things with no explanation!
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: October 23, 2016, 06:35:29 pm »

oh, mail-mi is lying.

confirmed scum

You can't just say these things with no explanation!

true.  I am waiting for an answer from the mod in my qt about a question.  I might be wrong, but I don't think multiple of the same weapons exist.  I, as a matter of fact, used air strike last night.

My gut reaction was one of mail-mi using an action that he couldn't have had, his ability is one that lets him know X number of different weapons and abilities, or something like that.  Then he just picked the wrong one to guess.

Then I went back, nothing explicitly states that each item is unique, but it reads like that to me.  So waiting to see if the mod will answer that question for me of the uniqueness of weapons.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: October 23, 2016, 06:36:35 pm »

the worms games have duplicate weapons out the wazoo
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: October 23, 2016, 06:36:42 pm »

If mail-mi actually did target all those people, and isn't lying, and everything, I guess he isn't confirmed scum, so I will unvote until I get my answer

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: October 23, 2016, 06:38:03 pm »

the worms games have duplicate weapons out the wazoo

which is why I am taking a step back.  I got excited and thought I caught him in a lie, but if he actually got lucky and got the same weapon as I did, of course he used it.  He is still scum, after all.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: October 23, 2016, 06:38:47 pm »

Nope, each item is definitely not unique, I currently have two of the same (not airstrike) item right now.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: October 23, 2016, 06:39:27 pm »

Nope, each item is definitely not unique, I currently have two of the same (not airstrike) item right now.

ok, then I got excited for nothing.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: October 23, 2016, 06:39:41 pm »

I guess back to vote: Ghacob

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: October 23, 2016, 06:39:48 pm »

I don't have any reason to expect weapons to be unique.

Sorry I'm not very talkative - I just finally got home after a weekend visiting family with the fiancee and our baby girl. I'm going to try to swap modes back into mafia soon.

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: October 23, 2016, 06:40:05 pm »

ooh, that's a bit of a townslip on e since mafia (probably) know of a duplicate by now

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: October 23, 2016, 07:41:47 pm »

ooh, that's a bit of a townslip on e since mafia (probably) know of a duplicate by now

Yeah, hopefully they weren't going to try to paint me as scum

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: October 23, 2016, 09:48:47 pm »

so......no one else thinks Ghacob is scum?  Or are we waiting for something else?

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: October 23, 2016, 10:11:30 pm »

so......no one else thinks Ghacob is scum?  Or are we waiting for something else?
I guess I'm waiting for Ghacob to say something but I don't want to vote right away because it might be LyLo
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: October 23, 2016, 10:15:12 pm »

I guess I'm waiting for Ghacob to say something but I don't want to vote right away because it might be LyLo

I mean, there are 4 scum, hard to say how it wouldn't be lylo unless town shoots well tonight with weapons that hurt people.

But I think using the lylo excuse is also a wonderful "towny" thing for scum to do.  It is a get out of free card for not putting a vote down and showing where you stand.

That being said, waiting for Ghacob is fine, but I do find this J Reggie opening with a vote then unvote right at the start of D2 a bit suspect in my opinion

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #445 on: October 23, 2016, 10:29:02 pm »

I mean, there are 4 scum, hard to say how it wouldn't be lylo unless town shoots well tonight with weapons that hurt people.

But I think using the lylo excuse is also a wonderful "towny" thing for scum to do.  It is a get out of free card for not putting a vote down and showing where you stand.

That being said, waiting for Ghacob is fine, but I do find this J Reggie opening with a vote then unvote right at the start of D2 a bit suspect in my opinion

If I were scum I would have realized it was lylo when the day started and not after I had already voted.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: October 24, 2016, 01:47:13 am »

For the last post, PPE: 1 :P

Who's in this game again? *A very slow and arduous process involving navigating to the first page in a new tab later*

Unless specified, "slight town" reads are being self doubted and will be refined at a later date. My current self worry with that whole deal is that I sometimes have a tendancy to think "ah yes, the town seems to be in consensus that this one is town, therefore they probably are" when that can often leads to bad times. That said:

1. Roadrunner7671: Null
2. SpaceAnemone: Slight town
3. gkrieg13: Good at game. Slight town leaning, but not confident enough in my own ability to recognize
4. J Reggie: Slight town
5. silverspawn: Slight scum. Questioning if by "consensus effect." Gut.
6. chairs: Slight scum. Gut.
8. 2.71828.....:Good at game. Null.
9. mail-mi: Null
10. Dylan32: Slight town
11. schadd: Null
12. EFHW: Null

Reads pretty weak overall right now. Can probably be strengthen by a reread that isn't at 2 AM. mail-mi, I'm not a he

Then look at this reads list with our confirmed town highlighted in green.  After getting upset about what Ghacob feels to be votes for inactivity, they post several times and end up here.  silverspawn and chairs (two of my town reads) as scum, and a healthy mix of null/town between actual town and actual scum.

This list reads scum to me.  Plus the first thing I posted about.

I like how my updated health only showed up after you posted this.

Congratulations, you damaged town!

Your reasoning doesn't qualify as any sort of evidence I don't think, not even weak one. We already have two full kills. The idea that scum got other players below 30 health too seems smaller than that they themselves got below 30. But neither is likely.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: October 24, 2016, 01:47:46 am »

Oh, I meant to respond to the e quote too.

I like the Ghacob case.

I think e should determine a claim order.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: October 24, 2016, 09:18:38 am »

I think ghacob needs to claim in their first post back, whenever that is.

Other than that, I am not entirely convinced a mass claim is the way to go. I am willing to go forward with it if everyone wants to though.

If we do, I like this order:

Already claimed:
Mail-mi: air strike, targeted schadd, silverspawn, and SpaceAnemone for 30 damage each
e: air strike, targets not claimed

Ghacob
Schadd
SpaceAnemone
J Reggie
RR
silverspawn
Chairs
e (finish claiming)

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: October 24, 2016, 10:26:43 am »

I think ghacob needs to claim in their first post back, whenever that is.

Other than that, I am not entirely convinced a mass claim is the way to go. I am willing to go forward with it if everyone wants to though.

If we do, I like this order:

Already claimed:
Mail-mi: air strike, targeted schadd, silverspawn, and SpaceAnemone for 30 damage each
e: air strike, targets not claimed

Ghacob
Schadd
SpaceAnemone
J Reggie
RR
silverspawn
Chairs
e (finish claiming)

Well, that's an ordering of names. Where on earth does your townread on Chairs come from?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 46  All

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 16 queries.