Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 46  All

Author Topic: RMM37: Worms Armageddon Mafia (Game over)  (Read 109495 times)

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
Re: RMM37: Worms Armageddon Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #200 on: October 18, 2016, 01:52:42 am »

Vote Count 1.5

mail-mi (2): J Reggie, EFHW
EFHW (1): silverspawn
Ghacob (4): SpaceAnemone, 2.71828....., Roadrunner7671, Schadd
Silverspawn (3): gkrieg13, chairs, Dylan32
schadd (1): mail-mi

Not Voting (1):Ghacob

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Day 1 ends October 21 at 11 am forum time.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

Ghacob

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gender
  • J. They/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 18, 2016, 02:08:29 am »

Aaaanyway...
Slight scum on chairs for this, although I may be missing something

Agreed, Dylan32 comes off very town from this exchange.

Worst case scenario this is conflicting playstyle, but I for one like clarity in reads/etc. in general. Basically I'm feeling a bit off on the timing of the post, or lack thereof? Where the closest person he could be agreeing to is mail-mi, 5 posts up which would have been worth clarifying unless he thought it was group consensus? Oh well.

Sorry, sorry, as I "should" have said:

vote: chairs gut read

Meanwhile SA's theory talk is interesting. For reference

According to the set-up (yeah, I know, I get scum points for reading things, but I wanted to come up with ideas about how to play!), the scums can pool their weapons, whereas the rest of us only have what we're carrying.

I'd wondered if discussing what capabilities we all have would be informative, because people not using weapons they'd already claimed they have, or using weapons from someone else's supply must be scum. However, that assumes we have tracking people on our side, and we don't want to out town powers to soon. Also, we receive at least one new weapon each night (our free weapon crates), so sometimes town may get something cool and want to be able to use it immediately.

Does anyone have ideas about what the utility crates might have? Did anyone start out with something other than two random-sounding weapons and want to talk about this stuff? I'm sure not talking about everything is probably the best policy, but I don't think I've over-shared so far.

I think the idea of discussing capabilities etc. is interesting but can't think of a good way to discuss it without just giving scum free information. Unfortunately can't really One Night Ultimate style it (that is, where the consensus is claiming is good and helps town win, and claiming earlier is more pro-town) as the ends are nowhere near justifying the means.

I also wonder if our character abilities are worth discussing (the ones item dependent). I know I for one would like some sort of guidance on the implications of my own and how (if at all) I should use it ((Wow, J. Look at those softclaims up the wazoo. If no one has a pressing reason specifically why I shouldn't reveal it, I'll be happy to do so. I hope that that parsed and grammared correctly)). Once again, basing off of my own, it doesn't seem we have "roles" per say as a part of our character as much as we have small... things?

I want to say that metadiscussion is protown in this game, or at least metametadiscussion. To translate my bullshit, I think discussion of the RMM37 special abilities etc. is more worthwhile and less risky than usual in-thread strategy discussion. And this is based on the idea that intrascum discussion is sure to happen on this regardless, so by doing intratown discussion, we remove the free information aspect scum gets just by nature of being able to talk to eachother. Feel free to disagree with me on my metametametadiscussion though.

Definitely would like other perspectives on all of that mess

darn, could have gotten more towncred by breaking this into more posts. Oh Well! I guess I'll just have to post again. I'm thinking of just summarizing my current ideas and reads at the moment for future reference etc.
Gender happened.

Ghacob

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gender
  • J. They/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 18, 2016, 02:22:06 am »

For the last post, PPE: 1 :P

Who's in this game again? *A very slow and arduous process involving navigating to the first page in a new tab later*

Unless specified, "slight town" reads are being self doubted and will be refined at a later date. My current self worry with that whole deal is that I sometimes have a tendancy to think "ah yes, the town seems to be in consensus that this one is town, therefore they probably are" when that can often leads to bad times. That said:

1. Roadrunner7671: Null
2. SpaceAnemone: Slight town
3. gkrieg13: Good at game. Slight town leaning, but not confident enough in my own ability to recognize
4. J Reggie: Slight town
5. silverspawn: Slight scum. Questioning if by "consensus effect." Gut.
6. chairs: Slight scum. Gut.
8. 2.71828.....:Good at game. Null.
9. mail-mi: Null
10. Dylan32: Slight town
11. schadd: Null
12. EFHW: Null

Reads pretty weak overall right now. Can probably be strengthen by a reread that isn't at 2 AM. mail-mi, I'm not a he
Gender happened.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 18, 2016, 06:49:04 am »

Hurrah, Ghacob appears, and their stuff seems solid!

Will engage more later (like, after work) with responding to ideas, since I think I'm up for exploring what we can reason out as town.

In the meantime, Vote: Chairs.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 18, 2016, 07:03:21 am »

After that content I don't really want to vote for Ghacob unvote
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 18, 2016, 07:47:56 am »

Can we talk about bids for just a second? I don't want to know what you guys are bidding, but I'm worried I'm going to screw myself over because I have no idea what I'm doing. Is there any strategy to it?
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 18, 2016, 08:46:59 am »

I did not really have amazing strategy for my bid. Just kind of bid what I felt was right
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 18, 2016, 09:09:09 am »

@Ghacob, sorry about that.

That was a townie post by them. Town read strengthened.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #208 on: October 18, 2016, 09:15:27 am »

Can we talk about bids for just a second? I don't want to know what you guys are bidding, but I'm worried I'm going to screw myself over because I have no idea what I'm doing. Is there any strategy to it?

Bid a number that's different from mine but larger. There's your strategy.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 18, 2016, 09:39:45 am »

There is no objective strategy for bidding, because it depends entirely on what others do. It's a problem that's theoretically impossible to solve. Quite interesting. All we can hope for is to do better than others. At that you can be good. But it's extended WIFOM.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: October 18, 2016, 10:27:28 am »

bidding is voodoo juju. Upon review, trying to solve it will probably just play into scum hands.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 18, 2016, 11:45:55 am »

Also, many posts does not mean good content, and large posts with good content does not mean town.

And ghacob, if you are arguing your three posts were super rich in content, then we are reading different games. Also, there are several players with low post counts. I voted for you for a reason. Not entirely because of low post count (previous to your most recent posts)

Still like my vote
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 18, 2016, 11:48:08 am »

Also, many posts does not mean good content, and large posts with good content does not mean town.

And ghacob, if you are arguing your three posts were super rich in content, then we are reading different games. Also, there are several players with low post counts. I voted for you for a reason. Not entirely because of low post count (previous to your most recent posts)

Still like my vote

I actually agree with this.  I don't think that these big posts are really all that townie.  I do big posts as either alignment and people give me more credit for them than they should.

What do the people who think Ghacob is scum expect them to do when they're scum and they have a big wagon on them?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 18, 2016, 11:48:42 am »

@Ghacob, sorry about that.

That was a townie post by them. Town read strengthened.

What was townie about that post?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 18, 2016, 11:49:28 am »

For some reason this makes RR townier in my eyes.  That and his post where he immediately backed down from Ghacob.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 18, 2016, 11:50:24 am »

For the last post, PPE: 1 :P

Who's in this game again? *A very slow and arduous process involving navigating to the first page in a new tab later*

Unless specified, "slight town" reads are being self doubted and will be refined at a later date. My current self worry with that whole deal is that I sometimes have a tendancy to think "ah yes, the town seems to be in consensus that this one is town, therefore they probably are" when that can often leads to bad times. That said:

1. Roadrunner7671: Null
2. SpaceAnemone: Slight town
3. gkrieg13: Good at game. Slight town leaning, but not confident enough in my own ability to recognize
4. J Reggie: Slight town
5. silverspawn: Slight scum. Questioning if by "consensus effect." Gut.
6. chairs: Slight scum. Gut.
8. 2.71828.....:Good at game. Null.
9. mail-mi: Null
10. Dylan32: Slight town
11. schadd: Null
12. EFHW: Null

Reads pretty weak overall right now. Can probably be strengthen by a reread that isn't at 2 AM. mail-mi, I'm not a he

What does your read on me mean?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 18, 2016, 11:52:24 am »

Hurrah, Ghacob appears, and their stuff seems solid!

Will engage more later (like, after work) with responding to ideas, since I think I'm up for exploring what we can reason out as town.

In the meantime, Vote: Chairs.

Man I'm not sure I'll be able to ever read you.  You always seem so scummy to me.  Why is Ghacob's post solid?

Also as a side note, I'm against doing the thing that Ghacob is promoting doing.  I don't think there needs to be any coordination between town members, and talking about it can only lead to bad things.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: October 18, 2016, 11:52:47 am »

I should clarify, I don't think we should talk about it at this point in time.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 18, 2016, 11:55:13 am »

I should clarify, I don't think we should talk about it at this point in time.

I agree. Coordination/mass claiming/etc is great on D3. Not so much right now

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 18, 2016, 11:55:38 am »

The relevance is a call to action for town.  I am pretty sure chairs can back me up on this, as he has been someone who in the past has been that inactive town member who contributed to a loss.

I am not posting this to try to shame anyone into posting or anything, I am simply trying to win the game.  D1 is actually critical.  Stances taken on D1 have ripple affects on D4, D5, who knows....D6.  Those affects are lost without posts.

I think overall this post and the other posts e has, are townie.  I tend to push the game forward if it is stalling pretty equally as town and as scum, but I feel like what he is doing is so over the top trying to create interactions that it is probably more on the townie side.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 18, 2016, 11:57:18 am »

vote: ghacob even though i don't exactly want them to become dead

This is a very strange post.  I think this kind of hedging is scummy for schadd.  It is trying to feign newbiness, but doesn't feel super geniune to me

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 18, 2016, 11:58:30 am »

Hum.

I think this might be "I'm tired of playing scum" lurker silver.

vote: ss
vote: mail-mi

Conspiracy theory time, the team is EFHW/mail-mi/?/?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 18, 2016, 12:00:57 pm »

I would say current scummies are: mail-mi, EFHW, SA

Current townies are: J Reggie, e, chairs for now, RR

Rest are pretty null. 

vote: schadd

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 18, 2016, 12:56:19 pm »

yeah, not sure what to think of this game. for everyone here, i've either played 0 games with them, or they died before d3 on the game that i did play, or they were scum on the game that i played. or they are spaceanemone.

hi space!

still excited for n1! i'm not sure precisely what happens or what information is afforded tho. mostly the latter

there is pretty much no reason to talk about bids here. it is you, pitted against everyone else, and unless you think that you can out-wifom people, it is just a waste of time; recall that, in the movie, they were both poisoned.

as far as claiming your whatever, uh, i haven't played a rmm before, again. i can say that my role looks fun, and the name of it has a quality. my guns look cool. i think that there is a possibility (maybe for me, even!) that your role & weapons involve some sort of bonus information, or potential to test/manipulate people (though small) and thus claiming (or refusing to claim) prevents you from being able to do that. spoiling the fun, even

I do big posts as either alignment and people give me more credit for them than they should.
c:

This is a very strange post.  I think this kind of hedging is scummy for schadd.  It is trying to feign newbiness, but doesn't feel super geniune to me
sure. i'm not afraid to say that i felt like i was too under the radar and wanted to do a vote that other people were doing. let's say i had an inkling that more was gonna come out of this ghacob character and one's posts can't help but be a little colored if you suddenly see a bunch of people voting you, even if they hedge. also, where is the feign newbiness coming from, exactly?

as i said, i don't have any really relevant personal knowledge, and uh the sorts of things that people post are also out of whack because rmm. and i dunno to what extent that ought to be.

of my limited reads:
i'm waiting to see a game where i know j reggie is town, and if he just flails around and defends himself always
spaceanemone likes to talk about the game. and they are. so, cool
e seems to be a driving force behind people posting. so he's fine at the moment
i think i'm gonna have trouble not suspecting gkrieg for everything. you were my lowest scumread in ghibli
mail-mi seems a tad more confident now than in ghibli
ghacob was emoting a lot. someone that knew them better would probably make something of it. seems a bit too frustrated by the low post count debacle; it is a legitimate criticism, as it would seem

I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 18, 2016, 01:07:14 pm »

yeah, not sure what to think of this game. for everyone here, i've either played 0 games with them, or they died before d3 on the game that i did play, or they were scum on the game that i played. or they are spaceanemone.

hi space!

still excited for n1! i'm not sure precisely what happens or what information is afforded tho. mostly the latter

there is pretty much no reason to talk about bids here. it is you, pitted against everyone else, and unless you think that you can out-wifom people, it is just a waste of time; recall that, in the movie, they were both poisoned.

as far as claiming your whatever, uh, i haven't played a rmm before, again. i can say that my role looks fun, and the name of it has a quality. my guns look cool. i think that there is a possibility (maybe for me, even!) that your role & weapons involve some sort of bonus information, or potential to test/manipulate people (though small) and thus claiming (or refusing to claim) prevents you from being able to do that. spoiling the fun, even

I do big posts as either alignment and people give me more credit for them than they should.
c:

sure. i'm not afraid to say that i felt like i was too under the radar and wanted to do a vote that other people were doing. let's say i had an inkling that more was gonna come out of this ghacob character and one's posts can't help but be a little colored if you suddenly see a bunch of people voting you, even if they hedge. also, where is the feign newbiness coming from, exactly?

as i said, i don't have any really relevant personal knowledge, and uh the sorts of things that people post are also out of whack because rmm. and i dunno to what extent that ought to be.

of my limited reads:
i'm waiting to see a game where i know j reggie is town, and if he just flails around and defends himself always
spaceanemone likes to talk about the game. and they are. so, cool
e seems to be a driving force behind people posting. so he's fine at the moment
i think i'm gonna have trouble not suspecting gkrieg for everything. you were my lowest scumread in ghibli
mail-mi seems a tad more confident now than in ghibli
ghacob was emoting a lot. someone that knew them better would probably make something of it. seems a bit too frustrated by the low post count debacle; it is a legitimate criticism, as it would seem

Man blue really was a good choice. Oh and look at you getting all fancy with the pure blue hex color!

Uh so the feign newbiness just came from that one post.  It seemed like you were fake hedging.  It just didn't seem genuine to me.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 46  All

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 16 queries.