Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 46  All

Author Topic: RMM37: Worms Armageddon Mafia (Game over)  (Read 109484 times)

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
Re: RMM37: Worms Armageddon Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #275 on: October 19, 2016, 08:07:33 pm »

I'm not getting towny vibes from the big contributors so far. Lots of metadiscussion, really easier for scum than pretending to scum hunt. My strongest scumread is still probably mail-mi.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 19, 2016, 08:12:51 pm »

Call it OMGUS (and it might be) but I'm slightly scummy on mail-mi too. His case against me is really weak, and I generally think weak cases are scummy. Since it's a case against me, I think that magnifies.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: October 19, 2016, 08:15:02 pm »

He's also been reverse tunneling Ghacob, ergo calling him town over and over. He's posted things about how Ghacob is so towny 3 times in a row, and he only stopped to point out fluff then vote for me. And I don't like reverse tunneling. It's too much like white knighting. So vote: mail-mi. My mini-case is strong enough for me.

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 19, 2016, 08:32:51 pm »

He's also been reverse tunneling Ghacob, ergo calling him town over and over. He's posted things about how Ghacob is so towny 3 times in a row, and he only stopped to point out fluff then vote for me. And I don't like reverse tunneling. It's too much like white knighting. So vote: mail-mi. My mini-case is strong enough for me.
that's not what ergo means. but i c

vote: mail-mi
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 19, 2016, 08:34:25 pm »

I think it works for the situation. It probably isn't the best word but I think it works.

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 19, 2016, 08:49:08 pm »

I think it works for the situation. It probably isn't the best word but I think it works.
ok
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 19, 2016, 10:32:20 pm »

ok

yeah. I like this from RR
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 19, 2016, 10:49:30 pm »

Isn't that just whiteknighting?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 20, 2016, 12:52:56 am »

unvote I like this from RR too.

Everyone is scumreading them and I think people are wrong. What else should I do about it?

Back to vote: schadd
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 20, 2016, 01:30:44 am »

Everyone is scumreading them and I think people are wrong. What else should I do about it?

I started typing a post, but then mail posted this and I had to go back and do some reading.  I don't remember and in my skimming didn't see any people scumread RR at all.  Unless ctrl + f failed me, mail was the only person that voted for them at all so far too.  RR actually seems like one of the more consistent town reads by the people who have posted their reads, so mail's claim that "Everyone is scumreading them" looks really scummy to me.  The thought being that if someone agrees that RR looks towny and then believes the claim other people were scumreading RR, that person will be more likely to give mail more town-cred for townreading RR.  I know he (please correct me if I'm wrong) unvoted, but what choice did he have?

That post is enough to make me vote: mail-mi
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: October 20, 2016, 01:37:02 am »

I started typing a post, but then mail posted this and I had to go back and do some reading.  I don't remember and in my skimming didn't see any people scumread RR at all.  Unless ctrl + f failed me, mail was the only person that voted for them at all so far too.  RR actually seems like one of the more consistent town reads by the people who have posted their reads, so mail's claim that "Everyone is scumreading them" looks really scummy to me.  The thought being that if someone agrees that RR looks towny and then believes the claim other people were scumreading RR, that person will be more likely to give mail more town-cred for townreading RR.  I know he (please correct me if I'm wrong) unvoted, but what choice did he have?

That post is enough to make me vote: mail-mi.

I sense a misunderstanding. "Them" in this case was Ghacob, not RR. RR is a "he," btw.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: October 20, 2016, 01:42:39 am »

I sense a misunderstanding. "Them" in this case was Ghacob, not RR. RR is a "he," btw.

Crap, that makes sense. I thought I finally saw something worthwhile... While I admit my post is now pointless, I do still like RR's point, so I'm still comfortable with my vote.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: October 20, 2016, 01:45:27 am »

Well, I'll reread ghacob'S posts when I can and see if they are actually towny like I think they are.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: October 20, 2016, 02:17:39 am »

Crap, that makes sense. I thought I finally saw something worthwhile... While I admit my post is now pointless, I do still like RR's point, so I'm still comfortable with my vote.

Now this is a crazy townie post from Dylan

Ghacob

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gender
  • J. They/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 20, 2016, 02:19:13 am »

For the last post, PPE: 1 :P

Who's in this game again? *A very slow and arduous process involving navigating to the first page in a new tab later*

Unless specified, "slight town" reads are being self doubted and will be refined at a later date. My current self worry with that whole deal is that I sometimes have a tendancy to think "ah yes, the town seems to be in consensus that this one is town, therefore they probably are" when that can often leads to bad times. That said:

1. Roadrunner7671: Null
2. SpaceAnemone: Slight town
3. gkrieg13: Good at game. Slight town leaning, but not confident enough in my own ability to recognize
4. J Reggie: Slight town
5. silverspawn: Slight scum. Questioning if by "consensus effect." Gut.
6. chairs: Slight scum. Gut.
8. 2.71828.....:Good at game. Null.
9. mail-mi: Null
10. Dylan32: Slight town
11. schadd: Null
12. EFHW: Null

Reads pretty weak overall right now. Can probably be strengthen by a reread that isn't at 2 AM. mail-mi, I'm not a he

What does your read on me mean?

Basically I was trying to put words into the feeling behind J Reggie's vote here:

So gkrieg is a very hard-to-read player and seems to be pretty confident here. vote: gkrieg.

You, along with e and a few others not involved in this game are what I've arbitrarily have decided are good and hard to read players. You have a tendency to act as a strong member of town, and can often take control of a game on your own, or at least mostly so. You act as a powerful asset to your team whatever you are...

It's slightly also emotional possibly? I feel almost this sense of betrayal from games where the wool was fully pulled over my eyes, not even by you directly, but the idea is still there.

I now mentally have both you and e rated as "null" (this is a change from before for gkrieg) but unlike others where I feel I have insufficient stuff to think about (at least as significantly)

PPE: 6 I frickin' typed this up so long ago...
Will continue with the rest
Gender happened.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: Skip Wooznum
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: October 20, 2016, 04:33:50 am »

/tag

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: October 20, 2016, 04:54:06 am »

Vote Count 1.5

mail-mi (4): EFHW, Roadrunner7671, schadd, Dylan32
EFHW (1): silverspawn
Ghacob (1): 2.71828.....
Silverspawn (1): chairs
schadd (2): gkrieg13, mail-mi
Chairs (2): Ghacob, SpaceAnemone
gkrieg13 (1): J Reggie

Not Voting (0):

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Day 1 ends October 21 at 11 am forum time.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 20, 2016, 07:45:29 am »

Well, I'll reread ghacob'S posts when I can and see if they are actually towny like I think they are.
oh, that's no good

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #293 on: October 20, 2016, 08:37:27 am »

Actually, I'm feeling more and more like gkrieg is scum here. Let's lynch him.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: October 20, 2016, 08:44:49 am »

post to avoid punishment. fell behind again.

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #295 on: October 20, 2016, 08:56:32 am »

oh, that's no good

Why? Because you and ghacob are scum and you don't want them to be outed?

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #296 on: October 20, 2016, 08:58:10 am »

If we don't lynch scum here, D2 we'll only need 2 town votes to lynch.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: October 20, 2016, 09:13:06 am »

It's definitely time to start consolidating votes on fewer wagons.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: October 20, 2016, 10:02:56 am »

Actually, I'm feeling more and more like gkrieg is scum here. Let's lynch him.

Because of my "confidence"?  I would love to hear all the scummy things I've done

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: October 20, 2016, 10:04:00 am »

If we don't lynch scum here, D2 we'll only need 2 town votes to lynch.

This assumes someone dies in the night. Which could be unlikely
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 46  All

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 16 queries.