Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 46  All

Author Topic: RMM37: Worms Armageddon Mafia (Game over)  (Read 109463 times)

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
Re: RMM37: Worms Armageddon Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #175 on: October 17, 2016, 06:56:13 pm »

You guys talking about past games is tempting me to go back and read those old game threads... but ain't nobody got time fo dat
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 17, 2016, 06:57:38 pm »

These wagons are sort of dumb, or at least that's my take. Silverspawn might be my favorite wagon though. Him being unactive is super weird
vote him, cowboy!
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 17, 2016, 07:49:49 pm »

You guys talking about past games is tempting me to go back and read those old game threads... but ain't nobody got time fo dat

Well, apparently those two apparently have plenty of time for discussing a past game while generating non-game-helping posts in this one...
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 17, 2016, 08:02:32 pm »

Well, apparently those two apparently have plenty of time for discussing a past game while generating non-game-helping posts in this one...

It is extremely relevant.  Town lost due to inactivity.  Go back and read any game on this forum.  Find one where inactive town stumbled into a win. 

Right now, town is stumbling into a loss with inactivity.  Sure, silverspawn or Ghacob might be scum, but more than likely at least one of them is town.  Lynching them does nothing.  Except give scum more nights to kill people.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 17, 2016, 08:05:12 pm »

The relevance is a call to action for town.  I am pretty sure chairs can back me up on this, as he has been someone who in the past has been that inactive town member who contributed to a loss.

I am not posting this to try to shame anyone into posting or anything, I am simply trying to win the game.  D1 is actually critical.  Stances taken on D1 have ripple affects on D4, D5, who knows....D6.  Those affects are lost without posts.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #180 on: October 17, 2016, 08:11:55 pm »

It is extremely relevant.  Town lost due to inactivity.  Go back and read any game on this forum.  Find one where inactive town stumbled into a win. 

Right now, town is stumbling into a loss with inactivity.  Sure, silverspawn or Ghacob might be scum, but more than likely at least one of them is town.  Lynching them does nothing.  Except give scum more nights to kill people.

Lynching them gives us fewer town players who are weakened due to inactivity. Of all the towns, the best one to lynch is the one that's most likely to be killed (in this case).

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #181 on: October 17, 2016, 08:13:11 pm »

And no that wasn't a scumslip. You can read that into it but you would be wrong.

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 17, 2016, 08:18:52 pm »

And no that wasn't a scumslip. You can read that into it but you would be wrong.
yes, this is helping me to come to an answer re: whether it was a scumslip
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 17, 2016, 08:21:02 pm »

Of all the towns, the best one to lynch is the one that's most likely to be killed (in this case).

This does not make sense to me

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 17, 2016, 08:25:26 pm »

Of all the towns, the best one to lynch is the one that's most likely to be killed (in this case).

Thinking a bit longer, I think I understand what you were trying to say, and I disagree with your conclusion.

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 17, 2016, 08:27:06 pm »

Thinking a bit longer, I think I understand what you were trying to say, and I disagree with your conclusion.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 17, 2016, 08:33:53 pm »

also, vote: Ghacob seems like the right thing to do right now

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 17, 2016, 08:48:57 pm »

Yeah, Vote: Ghacob for inactivity is fine, because this is like Dune Mafia in a sense.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 17, 2016, 08:55:24 pm »

Read the thread and saw lots of votes.

If you followed the RMM that just finished you'll see that it is a phase of having difficulty to get into the game, not alignment indicative. In that game I was town.

This game actually has fairly strong town reads for day 1, namely SA, J Reggie, Dylan and mail-mi

vote: EFHW

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 17, 2016, 08:58:59 pm »

vote: ghacob even though i don't exactly want them to become dead

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 17, 2016, 09:00:08 pm »

Ghacob seems like he does in One Night, and he's been town in both those games.

But dude get out here and post!
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 17, 2016, 09:00:59 pm »

Also, vote: schadd
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 17, 2016, 09:02:37 pm »

oh

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 17, 2016, 09:05:25 pm »

If you followed the RMM that just finished you'll see that it is a phase of having difficulty to get into the game, not alignment indicative. In that game I was town.

This game actually has fairly strong town reads for day 1, namely SA, J Reggie, Dylan and mail-mi

Why for mail-mi and SA?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 17, 2016, 09:06:33 pm »

I'm all armored up and ready to fight the bad guys.

vote: rr

According to the set-up (yeah, I know, I get scum points for reading things, but I wanted to come up with ideas about how to play!), the scums can pool their weapons, whereas the rest of us only have what we're carrying.

I'd wondered if discussing what capabilities we all have would be informative, because people not using weapons they'd already claimed they have, or using weapons from someone else's supply must be scum. However, that assumes we have tracking people on our side, and we don't want to out town powers to soon. Also, we receive at least one new weapon each night (our free weapon crates), so sometimes town may get something cool and want to be able to use it immediately.

Does anyone have ideas about what the utility crates might have? Did anyone start out with something other than two random-sounding weapons and want to talk about this stuff? I'm sure not talking about everything is probably the best policy, but I don't think I've over-shared so far.

Those two.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: October 17, 2016, 09:52:09 pm »

Why for mail-mi and SA?
and why me?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 17, 2016, 09:57:21 pm »

it has to be someone :P

Ghacob

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gender
  • J. They/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 18, 2016, 01:34:58 am »

Hi, I'm here. Was going to post a "will discuss stuff when I got to my computer" but I figured it'd be better to just post actual content
Gender happened.

Ghacob

• Young Witch
  • J. They/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 18, 2016, 01:36:09 am »

Don't really like the implications of towniness corresponding to post count especially as I've had very high density posts in my few.
Gender happened.

Ghacob

• Young Witch
  • J. They/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 18, 2016, 01:37:17 am »

See how much better it is now that I'm contributing?

Simply by separating one thought into each post I become more town! (yes, I'm a slight bit upset with this nonsense)
Gender happened.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 46  All

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 16 queries.