Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 41  All

Author Topic: M83: Duel Mafia (Game Over, Town Wins!)  (Read 102552 times)

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
Re: M83: Duel Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #700 on: July 31, 2016, 04:18:43 am »

e did not even vote. Come on, that's incredibly scummy! He doesn't want to stand out, and he didn't want to bus his partner.
True, e didn't vote- neither did I technically, since you voted out of nowhere.
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: July 31, 2016, 10:37:02 am »

Still waiting for seprix to back up his vote with something. Anything.

Oh wait, I am scum because I didn't rush to end the duel 6 days before the deadline. Yep, got me. Guilty as charged. Well, guilty of not voting. Totally not scum. I will throw together an organized post compiling why seprix is scum soon I hope.

This sounds like scum e.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: July 31, 2016, 10:54:57 am »

Seprix and gkrieg both look bad to me.  gkrieg slightly worse maybe.
vote: gkrieg

I don't remember finding Reggie scummy this game, but he plays a great scum game so I'm willing to explore that option I guess.

Oh wait, I am scum because I didn't rush to end the duel 6 days before the deadline. Yep, got me. Guilty as charged. Well, guilty of not voting. Totally not scum. I will throw together an organized post compiling why seprix is scum soon I hope.
Agreed.

This sounds like scum e.
Agreed.  I don't get a scum vibe from him in general though.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: July 31, 2016, 11:17:56 am »

Seprix and gkrieg both look bad to me.  gkrieg slightly worse maybe.
vote: gkrieg

I don't remember finding Reggie scummy this game, but he plays a great scum game so I'm willing to explore that option I guess.

Agreed.

This sounds like scum e.
Agreed.  I don't get a scum vibe from him in general though.

From what do I look bad?

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: July 31, 2016, 11:39:49 am »

My read on gkrieg has actually cooled a good bit since I posted my first little "case" thing against him.  His reaction to stuff from today I think has been fairly indicative of town!gkrieg a lot more than scum!gkrieg.

Anyway, I will look more into that as necessary, but for now, while I have time, rereading Seprix.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: M83: Duel Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #705 on: July 31, 2016, 11:44:05 am »

I think it will be pretty easy for scum to know who to challenge anyway

thats not an ambiguously confident statement at all

I don't think we should be talking about this at all. I already have a game plan that will be unveiled after tonight. No more talking about this, please. The less information, the better.

I say lynch someone and move on. Anyone, really. It doesn't matter too much, since there are no reads. Those will be formed after tonight.

Working on my reread this caught my eye.  Plan?  Do tell....
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: July 31, 2016, 11:49:05 am »

Gkrieg seems like a town.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: July 31, 2016, 11:52:30 am »

Wait looking at the player order, doesn't Jimmmm like have to be scum?  With chairs dying and ashersky being the dueler like Jimmmm has to be scum

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: July 31, 2016, 11:54:27 am »

Seems legit.

Definitely town Gkrieg.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: July 31, 2016, 11:55:08 am »

Wait looking at the player order, doesn't Jimmmm like have to be scum?  With chairs dying and ashersky being the dueler like Jimmmm has to be scum
Huh.
Good point.
vote: Jimmmm
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: July 31, 2016, 11:56:44 am »

I guess this could have been planned in order to mess with our heads.  You set up a backup duel (which is actually the duel you want) and then make your primary duel one that is likely to have a death.
Faust is more than capable of that. unvote

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: July 31, 2016, 12:00:19 pm »

The Duelling is compulsive. If the players which mafia chooses die before the start of the next day, then another player from the required alignment is randomized. However, mafia is allowed (and encouraged) to choose a backup player for each side, who will then be chosen if the first choice dies.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: July 31, 2016, 12:05:52 pm »

I guess this could have been planned in order to mess with our heads.  You set up a backup duel (which is actually the duel you want) and then make your primary duel one that is likely to have a death.

So their primary duel was chairs?

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: July 31, 2016, 12:06:04 pm »

Yeah, actually I don't see it.

gkrieg13
Joseph2302
Haddock
e
Egork
J Reggie
faust – Lost Duel Day 2
teamlyle – Lynched Day 1
Seprix
iguanaiguana
chairs – Died Night 1
Jimmmmm
ashersky – Won Duel Day 2

Both scum could be anywhere in Gkrieg > J Reggie and they just expect for Seprix > Ashersky (all town in this scenario) to use the ghoul power to pass on the kill such that they lose whichever is closest in Gkrieg > J Reggie. They can even choose a backup in case Ash doesn't ghoul and dies.

I think it's likely that Seprix is town, and that they chose Seprix as the player to kill, shooting as far away from all scum as possible to maximize the chances that our ghoul plan would fail.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: July 31, 2016, 12:10:12 pm »

I think the primary duel was Ash, but they had a town backup in case they ended up shooting Ash. They shot as far away from Faust as possible because Faust wanted to be the duel and because there was a decently long space of town players between Faust and the next scum who could screw up.

Now that I think about it, not even Seprix is cleared. Seprix/Faust can both be scum together and they shot for me, and I ghouled to Chairs, who failed. In that case, shooting for me would be the obvious best choice, especially if the third scum isn't Jim.

That's all hypothetical, and I don't particularly think Seprix is scum, but we just can't use the player order to determine scum. We need to use reads.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: July 31, 2016, 12:11:56 pm »

The main point is that scum wasn't thinking, "Ash is going to be our duel, so we need to make sure not to shoot him." They had the option to choose a backup in case they ended up shooting their first choice.

Now Jim could still be scum. I don't trust him at all.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: July 31, 2016, 12:22:32 pm »

Yeah I'm being dim.
Without meaning to my brain was doing something where if ash was the chosen duel he could be killed in spite of ghouling. Dunno why.

You can forget basically everything I said.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: July 31, 2016, 12:23:49 pm »

Gkriegs original argument saying Jimm had to be scum suffers from the same issue in thinking. That's what set me off on my crazy avenue I think.

Anyhoo.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: July 31, 2016, 12:24:11 pm »

It makes gkrieg look towny.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: July 31, 2016, 12:27:22 pm »

Gkrieg is totally town, Seprix kinda likely town, I'm town, don't really want to lynch Haddock here.

Let's kill someone else. I like e the best.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #720 on: July 31, 2016, 12:27:39 pm »

Vote: e

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: July 31, 2016, 12:29:52 pm »

That might be L-1?

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: July 31, 2016, 12:35:41 pm »

Seprix D1

Part 1: RVS
It is always difficult to really garner anything worth lynching someone over from RVS, but let's do our best.  The first thing Seprix takes a stance on is Ashersky's "no one make a reads list" plan, calling it Russian Roulette. Super easy position and one shared by many people who are town.  Then we get some qt stuff where he asks about Ashersky reading his qt, but doesn't actually say anything.  Nothing there really.  Then he takes iguana's joke very seriously, which could be nothing, but he does seem like he has to be very correct about everything.  The nit-picking things to make sure they are correct seems like it would come from scum more than town to me.  He then takes Ashersky's mason claim very seriously.  So seriously, in fact, that it brings about a whole conspiracy theory case against Ashersky that ends in an Ashersky vote.  I end Part 1 with Seprix realizing the joke, and retracting his vote.

Part 1: RVS - what we learned
First of all, Seprix took everything very seriously and was very correct about everything.  Refuting iguana's joke about Ashersky being a SK, coming after Ashersky for claiming masons....granted, Seprix was unaware of the history of claiming masons, but still.  This is an open setup.  The tendency to correct everything and make sure everyone knows what is happening correctly is a great way to appear town without being town.  But again, nothing in this section makes Seprix scum.  This is all RVS-type stuff.  We don't learn very much except that we need to keep an eye on Seprix.  Maybe pressure him a bit.  But for now, nothing.

Part 2: The Plan
I will just let Seprix talk about this one (emphasis added):
What if scum decides not to kill anybody? What if there are two scum in a row on the list, conveniently or by accident? I don't like this plan, it feels like a trap. I think we should wait to do this until we're certain we are in a losing position and want a free kill.
To be clear, this plan does NOT tell us about anyone's alignment. It just guarantees one dead mafia.

Hmm. I guess I was wrong. Maybe it is okay. It just feels too easy.

Huge initial hesitancy about the plan.  Granted, I was hesitant too, but not to the point where he tries to fabricate a case against town!ashersky based on a conspiracy theory where if it got traction it would refute the plan.

I have a serious theory here. I think Ashersky was trying to pull a fast one on us with the Mason claim. Like, what is he even talking about? There's no proof whatsoever that there are any factions but 1-shot Ghouls, and I don't think there are any other factions. It even says so in the set-up. There's nothing there.

Sorry, I can't let it go that Ashersky said there would be someone to verify his Mason claim. Ashersky is clearly lying and needs to die.

Before resigning himself to the fact that the plan is going to happen:

Every time I think I find something, it doesn't work at all.

I'm pretty sure the plan should work.  I couldn't find anything except for someone forgetting to make the action

I wasn't talking about that.  :P

Yeah, I guess we can take a guaranteed scum kill. It's free information.

And then guess what?  "THAT IS MY PLAN TOO!!!  EVERYONE BETTER FOLLOW IT PERFECTLY!!!! DONT MESS UP GUYS!!!!"

In addition, before ANY LYNCHING HAPPENS, we need to set up that list thing.

Part 2: The Plan - What we learned
Initial hesitancy ---> overzealous about the plan.  Classic scum progression concerning a plan that should have worked excellently against them.

Part 3: The Lynch
This might be a game where I'd rather lynch someone saying a bunch of safe things, so as to not stand out.

Has anybody seen Iguana even posting? I'd be fine with lynching him. He's doing nothing but hopping on wagons.

I voted Seprix here.  iguana had posted, had been posting (just not a lot).  This felt like a very deliberate scum attempt to get a mislynch wagon started.

Regarding teamlyle (prior to teamlyle claiming scum):
I'm thinking about hammering.

Nah, there's no need. We have 5 days.

That settles it, then. I'll end the day if there are no objections.

Part 3: The lynch - what we learned
Seprix, after resigning himself to the plan, was super eager just to get the day over with, have the plan happen, and go from there.  Nothing I can particularly fault him for, but it is what it is.

Other random posts from D1 that are interesting to me:
vote: EgorK

Egor is in this game?

Supposedly.  #5 on the player list.

Well, he should have confirmed at least, so at some point he might show up.

Vote: Seprix for now. Something feels wrong. I can't quite place it.
Seprix does have a point that we may want to delay the usage of our nightkill (which it is, effectively). The main reason against it is that scum have more power to drive discussion in a direction of their choosing the longer all of them remain alive.
I think it will be pretty easy for scum to know who to challenge anyway

thats not an ambiguously confident statement at all

I don't think we should be talking about this at all. I already have a game plan that will be unveiled after tonight. No more talking about this, please. The less information, the better.

I say lynch someone and move on. Anyone, really. It doesn't matter too much, since there are no reads. Those will be formed after tonight.

Well... anyone said something about "Seprix hasn't done anything batshit crazy yet"? There you go.

Also Seprix is more likely town with this. I can vote: e instead.

scum!faust's progression from voting Seprix to voting me.  I think it is very telling, especially with our current scenario where it feels (at least to me) that it is either Seprix or me today.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: July 31, 2016, 12:36:46 pm »

I can't do D2 right now, have to go, but it is even more convicting than D1.  Iguana, I know you don't have a ton of time, but explain your vote please.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: July 31, 2016, 12:38:52 pm »

I think the primary duel was Ash, but they had a town backup in case they ended up shooting Ash. They shot as far away from Faust as possible because Faust wanted to be the duel and because there was a decently long space of town players between Faust and the next scum who could screw up.

Now that I think about it, not even Seprix is cleared. Seprix/Faust can both be scum together and they shot for me, and I ghouled to Chairs, who failed. In that case, shooting for me would be the obvious best choice, especially if the third scum isn't Jim.

That's all hypothetical, and I don't particularly think Seprix is scum, but we just can't use the player order to determine scum. We need to use reads.

Then use them.

Gkrieg is totally town, Seprix kinda likely town, I'm town, don't really want to lynch Haddock here.

Let's kill someone else. I like e the best.

This post just totally ignored everything you just said in that previous post.  You are not using reads, you are blindly following a faulty idea about who could be scum.  THE PLAN FAILED.  We don't actually know what happened.  We can assume certain things, but we don't know anything for certain.  Use reads.  Please.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 41  All

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 16 queries.