Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 41  All

Author Topic: M83: Duel Mafia (Game Over, Town Wins!)  (Read 100885 times)

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
Re: M83: Duel Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #650 on: July 28, 2016, 05:57:59 pm »

Really Joseph shouldn't be on this wagon though...  It only took 6 to lynch

Oups. That is correct. I shall edit stuff.

Which I can do. Unlike any of you. Because I'm almighty.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
Re: M83: Duel Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #651 on: July 28, 2016, 06:00:50 pm »

Vote: seprix

Not OMGUS, I promise. He will quickly unvote me after actually reading me, but his
Yeah, Ashersky was just such an easy target, and there was nothing inherently wrong with Faust that I could see. I got over my initial revulsion and gave it a second look. It made total sense to pit town!Ash against towny Faust.

Plus his D1 play reads scum to me
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: July 28, 2016, 06:05:39 pm »

haha I was looking at wagon positions and thought, "I think J Reggie and EgorK look pretty scummy, along with e"  then I read ash's post that says about the same.

I do agree with e that Seprix looks pretty scummy from the whole thing as well.  Especially because scum has daychat, and faust probably told him to just bus at that point.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: July 28, 2016, 06:06:19 pm »

Great stuff. 

Phew I didn't put enough thought into that really.  I just reread and got gut feels about faust being scummy.  So glad I was right.

I'm going to take some length of time off as if it were a night.  Games without night phases just knacker me out, I need a mini break.   Probably 24 hours or so.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: July 28, 2016, 06:10:12 pm »

I do agree with e that Seprix looks pretty scummy from the whole thing as well.  Especially because scum has daychat, and faust probably told him to just bus at that point.

Wrong. You're not thinking this through.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #655 on: July 28, 2016, 06:30:30 pm »

Wow I look bad  :(. Guess I can't trust my gut reads anymore.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: July 28, 2016, 06:34:07 pm »

Ash's analysis that i usually vote is correct. One reason I didn't vote was because of all the crazy votes early on and I didn't want to join that madness.

That being said, we do need some wagon analysis, I will look at some stuff when I am on an actual computer
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: July 28, 2016, 06:34:27 pm »

How so?

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: July 28, 2016, 06:35:55 pm »

Wow I look bad  :(. Guess I can't trust my gut reads anymore.

The problem with your gut reads is that they were actually made from an informed scum perspective.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: July 28, 2016, 06:50:02 pm »

How so?

Think of it this way. Why conspicuously jump off and just magically change my mind through some gut read? Why not build some pseudo-case? There were plenty of those done. I'm not a lazy scum player. In addition, what did bussing Faust give me if I was scum? Nothing. It only gets people looking in my direction. If I stuck with my Ashersky read, nobody would have batted an eye.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #660 on: July 28, 2016, 06:50:41 pm »

Not to mention, nobody was going to finish off Faust until I moved to vote for him.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: July 28, 2016, 06:51:23 pm »

Reading end of the duel. Egork comes across scummy and Joseph very townie

Gkrieg also comes across slightly scummy for his progression from ash to faust.

Wouldn't be surprised by gkrieg/seprix remaining scum

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: July 28, 2016, 06:51:47 pm »

Not to mention, nobody was going to finish off Faust until I moved to vote for him.

False

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: July 28, 2016, 06:52:15 pm »

False

True.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: July 28, 2016, 06:53:01 pm »

How so?

Think of it this way. Why conspicuously jump off and just magically change my mind through some gut read? Why not build some pseudo-case? There were plenty of those done. I'm not a lazy scum player. In addition, what did bussing Faust give me if I was scum? Nothing. It only gets people looking in my direction. If I stuck with my Ashersky read, nobody would have batted an eye.

Because you guys talked about it in your daychat and decided that ash was going to win the duel. So you loudly and hesitantly switch to ash despite your gut read against him

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: July 28, 2016, 06:55:01 pm »

False

True.

I was totally going to vote for faust, just hasn't done it yet. See previous post for why I hasn't voted. Probably would have soon, I have just been v/la and also work has been crazy so I never got a proper reread in.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: M83: Duel Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #666 on: July 28, 2016, 07:16:02 pm »

Final Vote Count Day 1

Seprix (2): e, teamlyle
J Reggie (1): Jimmmmm
gkrieg13 (1): Haddock
Joseph2302 (1): Egork
teamlyle (7): J Reggie, gkrieg13, iguanaiguana, Joseph2302, ashersky, faust, Seprix
iguanaiguana (1): chairs

With 13 alive, it took 7 to lynch.

Seprix and gkrieg also on the teamlyle mislynch. Still frustrated that teamlyle threw in the towel. Oh well.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: July 28, 2016, 07:21:47 pm »

How does that come off as scummy at all?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: July 28, 2016, 07:22:47 pm »

vote: e

If you don't get lynched today, I hope you choose to duel me

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: July 28, 2016, 07:24:07 pm »

Yes I was.
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: July 28, 2016, 07:31:06 pm »

Off the top of my head:

gkrieg13-scummier. On the teamlyle mislynch and scummy movement off Faust and onto ashersky in the duel
Joseph2302-town. 98% certainty
Haddock- townie (ish). Doesn't seem to have a huge footprint in the game, but maybe because others are stealing the spotlight. He plays a good scum game, but leaning town for now
e-IC
Egork- always a bit difficult to tell. Votes ashersky fairly late in the day, had he done it earlier could very well have lynched ash. Off wagon D1, slight scum lean.
J Reggie - scummy. Self aware scummy type. Plus posts from d1 and such.
Seprix- scummy. I can compile a case in one post later, by for now you can read the d3 dialogue and make the educated decision and vote seprix
iguanaiguana-  had iguana as scum d1, not as confident in that read. Lands him in the nullish category.
Jimmmmm- townie. his d1 leans strongly town in my opinion. Didn't do anything to change that d2

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: July 28, 2016, 07:33:35 pm »

vote: e

If you don't get lynched today, I hope you choose to duel me

This is what you call an OMGUS read. Notice the general lack of content along with a strong-seeming read. Classic OMGUS.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: M83: Duel Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #672 on: July 28, 2016, 07:40:05 pm »

Ash, you should really unvote yourself.

Also, this is very townie by iguana.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: July 28, 2016, 07:42:54 pm »

Why was my switch from ash to Faust scummy?  And how was being on the teamlyle mislynch scummy?  He basically claimed scum so I voted for him

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: July 28, 2016, 07:43:32 pm »

How does that come off as scummy at all?

Coming out gung-ho against ashersky without explaining, adding explanation later. Then ash posts some stuff defending him. I come out strong for ash. People start shifting over. Scum needed a short duel with a quick death to win there, and you realized (along with your scum buddy seprix) that faust was going to lose. So you shift over to the winning duel
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 41  All

Page created in 2.294 seconds with 19 queries.