Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 78  All

Author Topic: RMM 33: Heroes Mafia (Game Over! Mafia win!)  (Read 193067 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: RMM 33: Heroes Mafia (D4)
« Reply #1575 on: August 05, 2016, 01:23:08 pm »

faust's claim does shake things up here.  It's not proof that Haddock is town, though, so I wonder why he wanted to keep Haddock alive.  I'm presuming he can roleblock past actions of dead players.
Well, if someone had returned to life, that would have been pretty conclusive evidence that Haddock is scum.

OR... faust's flavor role name is Vision Painter.  Seprix was "Master of time and space".  That sounds like a better fit to the role faust described than Vision Painter. What if faust is Sylar, and he killed Seprix?
FWIW, I think the flavor idea is that I see the future and then can prevent it.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: August 05, 2016, 01:30:49 pm »

From the wiki, Hiro (Seprix) is clearly the one with the change the past and future ability, while Isaac just sees the future.  I want to vote faust.  Vote count please.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: August 07, 2016, 09:06:55 am »

It's back!

I wrote this response before the forum went down:

From the wiki, Hiro (Seprix) is clearly the one with the change the past and future ability, while Isaac just sees the future.  I want to vote faust.  Vote count please.
So your story is that I am scum, killed Seprix, got his ability and then claimed to have it to... what? Get myself lynched?

I see the future, yes. So say we are in night 2. I "see" how the "future" is turning out (by us actually playing D3), then (flavor!me still being in N2) I can do something to change what I saw. Consequently, a different future happens.

If you're going to vote me for this over a pair that (from your perspective especially!) is guaranteed to have scum among them, then shame on you!

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: August 07, 2016, 09:45:15 am »

Trying to deduce things from flavour in this game seems pretty pointless.  The Haitian was town, and Noah Bennet is scum.
Roles will fit well I guess, but time travel roles are never gonna be perfect, by definition.    I still think there's a good chance faust is an SK, but I don't think we'll get far by trying to analyse his claim down to a tee.  For what it's worth, I think it's a perfectly believable claim - but let's face it, someone is fake claiming here, so let's look at people's play rather than their claims.

Going back a bit to the last bit I read before the forums broke, I want to respond to (mainly) EFHW's points about my reasons for not claiming.  I honestly don't understand the response.  I was really confident going in that not claiming was the right thing to do.  And you lot are making me doubt myself now.  I wasn't "depriving town of a lynch", that's total nonsense. 
My deeper thought process:  I had to balance the disadvantages of claiming (probably NK'd and we have a day with one fewer town, which could lose us the game) against the likelihood of my claiming preventing a lynch.   And honestly, at the stage we were at, if I'd claimed yesterday, I figured what would happen was "oh that's an easy enough claim to check, let's just lynch him - no harm, no foul".  So where's the benefit?   
I really thought this was a fairly obvious decision but all this aggressive response has thrown me off.   Was that an enormous cock-up?

I'm going to respond to something Cellovix said while I'm here, and hopefully I'll return this evening.  Cellovix claimed that my interactions with Jan were scummy.  My response: are you HIGH?  My interactions with Jan were insanely towny.  I was really early on his wagon (OK, not first on his wagon like you, but whatever), I presented cases against him and I was consistently on the side of lynching him over RR.  How do you get more towny than that?

Also, my defense of Reggie was completely justified in context.  Reggie was mod-confirmed to be Noah Bennet, who as far as I am concerned (Before the flavour in this game went totally off-the-wall) was a dead-cert to be town.  I defy anyone to have acted differently than I did in that situation. 

The advantage of the two days off is that it has isolated me from my reads somewhat, so hopefully I can read a bit and be a bit more objective.  Tonight I'm going to try to present a case against Reggie.  To me, he's essentially conf!scum, so it's inevitably going to be a bit of a biased case, but I'll try to be as even-handed as I can.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #1580 on: August 07, 2016, 09:49:37 am »

Noah Bennet is scum.

Objectively false. I don't know whether I can believe the rest of your post because this is just wrong.

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #1581 on: August 07, 2016, 09:53:57 am »

Haddock, if you are town, then how would you feel about vote: teamlyle?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: August 07, 2016, 10:02:15 am »

Haddock, if you are town, then how would you feel about vote: teamlyle?
Ah, yes. Voting for the IC. Good plan.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: August 07, 2016, 10:17:33 am »

Noah Bennet is scum.

Objectively false. I don't know whether I can believe the rest of your post because this is just wrong.
But you are.  It annoys me no end, since I was townreading so hard, but I don't see how you can possibly be town, with your claim being as it is. 

Of course I'm not voting lyle.  I thought even you would agree he's an IC here.  Aren't we past this?
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: August 07, 2016, 10:33:45 am »

I really like Haddock/JReggie as scum from a behavioral perspective, but I'm not sure if it makes sense given Faust's claim.

If he's telling the truth and is right about how time travel works, then either Faust is scum (and Haddock might be scum), or Faust is town, and Haddock is also town.

If Haddock and J Reggie are scum together, then they are both lying. That means that they would lie about which one was performing the kills, saying it was Haddock when really it was J Reggie. So with a Haddock/J Reggie scum team, Faust traveling back in time to roleblock Haddock wouldn't do anything; he would need to roleblock J Reggie to prevent a kill.

The reason that Haddock is the best lynch is because he makes sense as scum with the most people. He could be J Reggie's partner or Faust's partner. But J Reggie/Faust is less likely given all the claims. And lynching outside of those three today doesn't make sense to me at all.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: August 07, 2016, 10:36:51 am »

The reason that Haddock is the best lynch is because he makes sense as scum with the most people. He could be J Reggie's partner or Faust's partner. But J Reggie/Faust is less likely given all the claims. And lynching outside of those three today doesn't make sense to me at all.

I mean, those are just 3 people. Do you really think you have nailed down scum to 3 people? What about EFHW, Cellovix, ,[you]? I have no compelling evidence to be sure that any of them is town.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: August 07, 2016, 10:38:17 am »

I have a strong townread on Cellovix and a light townread on EFHW. Not lynching one of them today.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: August 07, 2016, 10:44:10 am »

I have a strong townread on Cellovix and a light townread on EFHW. Not lynching one of them today.

That's not the point though, is it? You're saying "let's lynch Haddock because he makes sense with more partners", but that kind of statement only makes sense if you consider all possible partners, not just the ones you'd want to lynch today.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: August 07, 2016, 10:45:27 am »

I think he makes sense as EFHW's partner, and doesn't with Cellovix. I don't really care whether or not he makes sense as my partner, but if he does, let's lynch him for it.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: August 07, 2016, 10:46:07 am »

And oh yeah Teamlyle is in this game.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1590 on: August 07, 2016, 10:47:27 am »

I think he makes sense as EFHW's partner, and doesn't with Cellovix. I don't really care whether or not he makes sense as my partner, but if he does, let's lynch him for it.

Why? And what about J Reggie, does he make sense as their partner? Beause I personally think he makes more sense as their partner, given how everyone pushes Haddock. Why does EFHW push their partner this hard?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: August 07, 2016, 10:48:09 am »

Yes. And soft-IC'd. Well if he's not town, at least I can blame losing the game on Seprix. Again.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: August 07, 2016, 10:59:10 am »

Yes. And soft-IC'd. Well if he's not town, at least I can blame losing the game on Seprix. Again.

or if the two of you are scum together, you can congratulate Seprix for winning you the game!

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: August 07, 2016, 11:05:11 am »

or if the two of you are scum together, you can congratulate Seprix for winning you the game!
Contrary to what you might believe, I am not that big of a douchebag.

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #1594 on: August 07, 2016, 11:17:01 am »

If teamlyle is town, then haddock basically has to be scum. Someone in my neighborhood targeted RR and it definitely wasn't EFHW.

Also Faust, even if you had changed what my results would have been, I only got them once, so I don't think I would get a different set of results.

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #1595 on: August 07, 2016, 11:18:51 am »

So I guess it's back to vote: haddock. Since you're unable to vote for the only person who could clear you.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: August 07, 2016, 11:36:16 am »

If teamlyle is town, then haddock basically has to be scum. Someone in my neighborhood targeted RR and it definitely wasn't EFHW.

Also Faust, even if you had changed what my results would have been, I only got them once, so I don't think I would get a different set of results.

You would have. At least that's how it worked in my Buffy/Angel RMM, and gkrieg said that Time Travel works the same way here.

Why was it definitely not EFHW? Because of Cron's result?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: August 07, 2016, 11:41:12 am »

So I guess it's back to vote: haddock. Since you're unable to vote for the only person who could clear you.
Unannounced L-1.

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #1598 on: August 07, 2016, 11:43:04 am »

You would have. At least that's how it worked in my Buffy/Angel RMM, and gkrieg said that Time Travel works the same way here.

Why was it definitely not EFHW? Because of Cron's result?

Ok, and yes, because of cron's result.

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #1599 on: August 07, 2016, 11:43:22 am »

Unannounced L-1.

Sorry, didn't realize that.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 78  All

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 16 queries.