Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 78  All

Author Topic: RMM 33: Heroes Mafia (Game Over! Mafia win!)  (Read 194689 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: RMM 33: Heroes Mafia (D4)
« Reply #1550 on: August 05, 2016, 03:45:51 am »

Sounds like haddock told Faust his fake claim in the scum cutie.
Right. And then I also spelled it out for him in the main thread, because that is such amazing play.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Cellovix

• Pawn
  • Quack.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: August 05, 2016, 03:46:23 am »

Nevermind, it was N1.  I thought I caught something, but false alarm.
If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck it's probably a wolf.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: August 05, 2016, 03:51:22 am »

Well, then, this cannot be prevented I think.

I am Isaac Mendez, a Vision Painter. I have limited shots of a power, which does the following: When I use it, I can travel back in time to the night before and roleblock a player.

As is not hard to guess, I roleblocked Haddock in N2 last night. If he did perform the night kill, then we would have seen a resurrection. Of course it's possible that I have been roleblocked, but that is yet another pill I'd have to swallow for the Haddock-is-scum narrative and at this point I'm just not willing to.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: August 05, 2016, 03:54:50 am »

I really doubt that we would have lynched someone other than Haddock had he claimed the last day, but I agree that trying to be lynched instead of nightkilled just wasn't worth it.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: August 05, 2016, 04:03:10 am »

I don't believe the mindset behind not claiming comes from town, and I don't think his role as claimed and mine can co-exist and the setup still be balanced. I mean, they probably can, just both aren't town.  I do not want to claim further.

He'd make a lot of sense as a SK maybe - only one kill last night because he wasn't alive to make it.

We shouldn't really base our votes on setup speculation, and saying that your role can't coexist with Haddock's as well as saying that there is a SK are both setup speculations.

Cellovix

• Pawn
  • Quack.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: August 05, 2016, 04:09:33 am »

Well, then, this cannot be prevented I think.

I am Isaac Mendez, a Vision Painter. I have limited shots of a power, which does the following: When I use it, I can travel back in time to the night before and roleblock a player.

As is not hard to guess, I roleblocked Haddock in N2 last night. If he did perform the night kill, then we would have seen a resurrection. Of course it's possible that I have been roleblocked, but that is yet another pill I'd have to swallow for the Haddock-is-scum narrative and at this point I'm just not willing to.

I'm not sure I fully understand how time travel works here. Would Reggie's information have changed retroactively? Aka if you blocked Haddock from targeting someone on N2, would Reggie have had his information edited that he received regarding who the neighborhood targeted?
If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck it's probably a wolf.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: August 05, 2016, 04:11:38 am »

I'm not sure I fully understand how time travel works here. Would Reggie's information have changed retroactively? Aka if you blocked Haddock from targeting someone on N2, would Reggie have had his information edited that he received regarding who the neighborhood targeted?

Yes, it should have... which is why I asked J Reggie if anything happened.

Cellovix

• Pawn
  • Quack.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: August 05, 2016, 05:11:18 am »

I am town.  Lyle is town courtesy of Seprix confirming the fact, and flipping town.  I am taking those two alignments as hard fact for this exercise.  I am operating under the assumption that there are 3 scum, while acknowledging that 4 is possible but pretty unlikely.  That leaves: JReggie, Faust, Haddock, EFHW, Iguana.

Scenario 1: Faust is town.

That means JReggie is almost certainly scum, Haddock almost certainly town, and one of Iguana or EFHW as JReggie's partner.

Scenario 2: Faust is scum.

That means he's going all in to protect Haddock and 1 for 1 JReggie.  I don't think Faust and JReggie are ever scum/scum here.  It could be scum Faust and town Haddock, with the attempt to tie them together.  I don't think EFHW makes much sense as Fausts partner for reasons related to the Neighbor chat. It's not a guarantee, just unlikely.  So in scenario 2 one of Haddock or Iguana are Faust's partner. 

~x~x~x

Objectively scenario 2 seems pretty contrived. It'd be some blatant play that lacks any kind of subtlety or nuance, unless it actually is Faust + JReggie, in which case I tip my hat and drink heavily to forget this game happened.

But scenario 1 is also kind of contrived because it'd mean JReggie just blatantly lied about his role and who people targeted with the end hope of...1v1'ing Haddock?  Were Chairs or Iguana in a good enough place at the time to win the game after he did that? I don't know.

There's are fringe scenarios that involve moderator error, a player being unable to be revived, Faust being roleblocked, etc.  In those scenarios I think Haddock is the most likely scum by behavior, with... I guess Iguana as his partner? EFHW has gone pretty hard at Haddock today to be on a team with him. JReggie is technically possible two, as the two defended each other in a weird way on day two I think it was.

Cellovix

• Pawn
  • Quack.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: August 05, 2016, 05:52:24 am »

That was strictly a logic exercise, and trying to put things down onto paper to see what makes sense, if anything.  If I have to pick one of the two, I think Scenario 1 makes a little bit more sense here.  But the problem is that no matter which scenario I look at, something runs contrary to my actual reads on players behaviorally.

I think Haddock has been the scummiest player in the game in a vaccuum.  I don't like his interactions with Jan, I don't like the opportunistic push he tried to force on Cron even after the tracker claim, I don't like the way he's interacted with me - he ignored my vote on him, and then continually called me scummy without really pushing it, like he knows I'm town and is afraid to get his hands dirty.  He did back off his scum read on me, but that could well be a case where he finally realized it was a mislynch that wasn't going to happen.

I've thought Iguana was pretty solidly town all game.  It's admittedly hard to articulate why, but he's just been so carefree, pushing no agenda, and giving no cares as to what anyone really thinks of him.  He refused to answer one of my questions that required a little bit of work, and I struggle to see scum doing that, when it'd be easier to just make things up than it would be to do the exercise honestly. He's just been so, so carefree and blatant, with the cheerful Wagons! and hopping around, and I just haven't seen any attempt at anything that could resemble an agenda.  There was also the opportunistic wagon that formed on him on Day Two, though it did disperse a little bit by day end.  Actually, I want to use this to post-edit my Scenario 2 - I don't think Iguana and Faust make a lot of sense as scum together, given the way that end of day happened.

I think EFHW/Chairs is solidly town.  Chairs is confirmed to target no one on N1 by Cron and was obviously disinterested in the game based on his role.  I think that's much, much more likely to come from town than scum faking that kind of disinterest.  EFHW has been great since they replaced in, although I admit there is an element of bias there as they've spoken in support of me, and agree with me about Haddock, so it's possible I'm getting fooled, but I don't think so.

I've talked about Lyle a lot, but he's just near Innocent Child levels to me. His early game newbishness, the role stuff with Seprix, and his earnestness and transparency in the neighbor QT.  I see no way he's scum.

Faust is someone I think I'll always have trouble reading because I'll want them to be town. He's been active, he's made attempts at analysis, he's cared about the game, and is one of the reasons I'd play here again, if I do. I can't even really articulate the case against him to be scum. I guess disproportionate survival instincts on Day Two, including the attempt at the very last second vote switch to Iguana to lynch him that could be construed a scumclaim and just delaying the lynch a day.  I don't like his near continual push on me since early day one, but I struggle to read people that scum read me because my instinctual reaction is something along the lines of, "What? How can you think I'm scum, I'm so obviously town you have to be scum trying to get a mislynch".  I think my ultimate conclusion on Faust behaviorally is ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.  My gut says he's town, but I suspect I'm always going to read him as pretty town due to activity, effort, and caring about the game when it feels like a chunk of the game hasn't.

JReggie is confusing. Strictly in thread I think he's been the second scummiest person behind Haddock.  I don't know how much to mitigate that because he claims he was intentionally trying to be scummy.  I didn't really like his Jan interactions on D1, I didn't really like his opportunistic vote hopping on D2, I didn't really like his interactions with Haddock, where they were protecting each other.  I don't like the fact that he immediately pushed for Lyle to claim in the neighbor chat, with no concern for the possibility of inviting scum into it in the future and spilling unneccesary information.  But I've liked almost everything else he's said and done in the neighbor chat.  There's a certain kind of guilelessness and transparency that I don't know if he's capable of faking. His logic for town reading Lyle in particular strikes me as something I'm not sure scum JReggie would have even thought of.  On the other hand, he explicitly was recruiting people who he deemed to not be a threat.  Lyle, Haddock, Chairs.  No offense to players intended, but if scum JReggie was forced to neighborize people, those are the players I'd expect him to be neighborizing, rather than ones who could catch him easily in the chat. Behaviorally he's a mixed bag, but I'd lean scum, especially given Cron, Seprix and Lyle had information already, and his information component claim is very, very strong.

But I don't think my individual behavior reads fit the claims, which means I'm wrong somewhere, or something is really weird mechanically.

It doesn't help that Time Travel as a game mechanic makes literally no sense to me. 

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: August 05, 2016, 06:12:25 am »

Could it be JReggie + Haddock still?

The idea being that we would inevitably lynch one and that would make the other a false-IC?
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1560 on: August 05, 2016, 06:13:23 am »

Vote: Haddock

because it's objectively better than voting Faust and may cause less swearing.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: August 05, 2016, 06:15:01 am »

Also, with two scums left, how close are we to LyLo?

Cellovix

• Pawn
  • Quack.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: August 05, 2016, 06:18:27 am »

I really like Haddock/JReggie as scum from a behavioral perspective, but I'm not sure if it makes sense given Faust's claim.

If he's telling the truth and is right about how time travel works, then either Faust is scum (and Haddock might be scum), or Faust is town, and Haddock is also town.

Cellovix

• Pawn
  • Quack.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: August 05, 2016, 06:24:49 am »

I think LyLo is unknown, because there's the possibility of another kill.  On night two, two people died, and no one claimed it.

I think we have one mislynch available most of the time, but the absolute worst case scenario means lynching town today could be a loss.

Cellovix

• Pawn
  • Quack.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: August 05, 2016, 06:26:28 am »

Iguana, can you explain to me how you came to the conclusion that voting Haddock is "objectively better" than voting Faust? Did you read Faust's claim? Did you read my analysis of it? What are your thoughts on both.

Cellovix

• Pawn
  • Quack.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: August 05, 2016, 06:52:04 am »

Unvote

Going to sleep on it, maybe inspiration will strike.

Cellovix

• Pawn
  • Quack.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: August 05, 2016, 06:58:47 am »

Hm.

Possible brain spark. Fontisian's role was the silent ability blocker.  That sounds an awful lot like a town roleblocker.

It's admittedly heavily speculation, but it's there.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: August 05, 2016, 08:47:07 am »

Hum. I like your analysis, Cellovix, but is there any reason to not talk about neighborhood stuff more explicitly? Like, at this point, it's all but guaranteed that scum has access to it, so we get no benefit from keeping it secret. And I would like to hear more about what EFHW/J Reggie did in the neighborhood that seems towny.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: August 05, 2016, 08:49:45 am »

Could it be JReggie + Haddock still?

The idea being that we would inevitably lynch one and that would make the other a false-IC?

Possible. I guess I don't really see Haddock/J Reggie as the kind of team to go for that though. It would make some more sense considering the lynchproof.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
Re: RMM 33: Heroes Mafia (D3)
« Reply #1569 on: August 05, 2016, 11:27:21 am »

Vote Count 4.1

J Reggie (2): faust, Haddock
faust (1): J Reggie
Haddock (2): EFHW, iguanaiguana

Not Voting (2): teamlyle, Cellovix

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.  Day 4 ends 11 am Sunday August 13

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: August 05, 2016, 12:27:55 pm »

Hm.

Possible brain spark. Fontisian's role was the silent ability blocker.  That sounds an awful lot like a town roleblocker.

We know she targeted faust N1.  Did anyone get vanillaized N2? faust did she target you again? You said something suggesting that.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: August 05, 2016, 12:46:26 pm »

Hm.

We know she targeted faust N1.  Did anyone get vanillaized N2? faust did she target you again? You said something suggesting that.
No, I didn't get targeted again.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: August 05, 2016, 12:53:08 pm »

faust's claim does shake things up here.  It's not proof that Haddock is town, though, so I wonder why he wanted to keep Haddock alive.  I'm presuming he can roleblock past actions of dead players. 

If there is a Sylar, and he copied RR's copy of Jan's ability, that would explain the failure of faust's action in resurrecting someone. 

OR... faust's flavor role name is Vision Painter.  Seprix was "Master of time and space".  That sounds like a better fit to the role faust described than Vision Painter. What if faust is Sylar, and he killed Seprix?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: August 05, 2016, 12:53:53 pm »

Hm.

No, I didn't get targeted again.
I forgot - she died Day 2, so she didn't target anyone N2.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: August 05, 2016, 01:21:21 pm »

I was thinking maybe silver vigged cron, since he had a violent alternate personality, but then he asked the killer to claim here.

If anyone can explain the 2nd kill N2, please do. 
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 78  All

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 16 queries.